Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Okay, stupid eye twitching!!?
Omfg, okay my right eye has been twitching ALL day long and its driving me nuts!! is there something wrong with me, why is it doing this?? i was like, WTF, im mental, lol....

Problems- Lasik Eye Surgery?
What problems may arise after the procedure I plan on getting it in about 3-4 years.

Is it safe?...

Can eye color change for Indians? (naturally)?
I have dark brown eyes but wondering if I can change them naturally, no contacts or eye ...

How long does it usually take to get used to new glasses...just got progressive bifocals yesterday...?

Dad and contacts?
*sigh*
ok, so i'm 13 years old, and I've had glasses since 6th grade.
I also have extremely bad vision [-6 in both eyes]

anyway, i've been talking to my parents ...

Twich on my eyelid is PISSING ME OFF!?
ok my left eyelid (top) is twitching and has been doing so for a couple days now
i dont really think im nervous--why would i be!!??
i dont drink coffee i hate it-
Additional Details

How to get glas out of your eye?
yesterday i broke a lightbulb and some of the glass went into my eyes, its really irritating is there any where to get it out without visiting an eye docter and is it dangerous its been in my eye for ...

Colors seem richer in one eye vs. the other?
I've noticed that colors seem richer in one eye and not so much with my other one. Does anyone else have this "problem"?
Additional Details
Actually, this has been going ...

Eye problems?
i have a yellow dot on each eye, on the inside of the eye, is it something i should be worried about?...

I peed the bed and i need to know whats a good way to clean it up fast before my friend comes over?
I know its embarrasing because im 14 but its not my fault....

For colored contacts, do they come in different sized "pupil holes?"?

Additional Details
I am talking about opaque colored contacts, the ones that completely change the color of your irises....

Am I having eyes problem?
- I can hardly read signs when I'm far from them.
- I seem to be always softly dazzled, even when the light is low.
- My vision seems to be like vibrating when I'm looking far ...

Is the damage to my contact significant?
On one of my contacts there is a little triangular cut on the outside edge... it looks like a little triangular piece was snipped out of it (its small but noticeable). Pretty much, the outside ...

Help I need advice, my eyes are bleeding (photo included)?
I got in a scrap last week and I caught a punch around my eye. At first my eye was a little bit red in the far corner, and then it just started dancing across my eye. I woke up this morning and it ...

Do color contacts need a prescription?
i want to buy colored contacts, but i want to know if their is any risk if i buy them in a corner store where they sell clothes....

I'm myopic (-2.50), is it healthier for my eyes if I wear my glasses all the time, or just every now and then?

What eye drops are recommended to be used for general eye health are care?
eyes prone to allergy symptoms....

Bi-focal contact lenses: What's my problem?
Hello all-

Here's my problem. I am very near sighted. Without glasses or contact lenses, I can see the tiniest of print. Not as well if I wear reading glasses over regular contact ...

I need a vitamins for the eyes.?
i am 35 and wearing contact lence for a decade now and i am tired of using those lence but i am afraid of operation or laser, this is not a cataract, i might say that i am a nearsighted i felt about ...

Why are my eyes watering????
just recently my eye has have started to water a ton and sting totally randomly! like i'll just be sitting there (or today, marching) and it'll start watering and stinging a lot. in fact,...

I Luv Yoplait
Are Contact Lenses Safe?
My dad says that i'll go blind from wearing them. is it true?

a.cann<33
no that is not truee
contacts are here to improve your eye sight
i just got contacts yesterday and the doctor said they are safe
you just have to take care of them
and clean them everynight
and always remember to clean your hands
before handling them
hope i helped
<3

Je m'appelle Alyssa.
Totally not true. Just follow the guidelines set by your optimologist. They are very safe - half the people who need optical correction wear them.

yoohoo
Contacts have been in use how long? Since the 1950s or so? I wear HARD plastic ones, take them out for a few minutes every month or so to clean them only. I sleep, swim, shower, LIVE in them.. If anyone was going to go blind, it SHOULD have been me. (And, again, HARD plastic lenses, not soft, breathable ones).

With new wearers, you eyes get tired & irritable if you overdo it--but you DON'T go BLIND! The worst that can happen is they'll 'starve' your eyes of oxygen, but the new lenses have the capability of letting oxygen pass thru so you needn't worry overly much.

Just follow the doctors orders about taking them out & cleaning & you'll be fine.

questionhead34
You won't go blind form wearing contact lenses. However, if you wear them for to long or do not maintain decent hygiene when handling them you can subject you eyes to damage. Soft contact lenses are great for playing sports and are easier to put in compared to hard contact lenses. Hard contact lenses, on the other hand, let more air get to your eye and can be customized to fit your eye perfectly. The best thing to do is ask you optometrist for advice and bring you dad along to. ;)

aprilchick70
No.. your dad is just trying to scare you. If you follow the directions given by your doctor, contacts are very safe. The new contacts let in a lot of O2 that before... about 80 percent. Contacts protect your eyes from getting sun burnt (believe me it does happen) As long as you take them out every night when you sleep, you don't have to worry about anything in your eye, and changing the contacts as often as your doctor recommends. Do some research about contacts and show your dad and he might change his mind! Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy