Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Are my glasses supposed to be so blurry on the sides?
I just got new glasses and have been wearing them for 3 days now. When I first put them on, I had trouble adjusting to them. I couldn't see that well. I normally use contacts. But, I don'...

Would anythign bad happen if i slept with contacts for 1 night only?
or would i go blind?
Additional Details
what if u keep them in all night but you dont sleep that night?...

Its a hard question to answer but......how do you know if you need glasses?
i told my friends and parents that i thought i had eye problems but my parents said "of course you dont" and wont take me to an optition, however my friends think i am and think i should ...

How can I make myself need glasses?
Ok, so I really want to have contacts, but i need an exam to get them. The exam is wayyy out of my moms budget and our insurance wont cover it. They cover the full cost of contacts and glasses for ...

I see black spots if out in the sun?
They dance in my vision and are very hard to ignore. They actually won't go away until I go inside and will get worse to the point where it's scary!

Anyone else?
Additional ...

My glasses give me a headache!!!?
I recently got a new pair of glasses. My eyes have caused me trouble this year - an infection that won't clear up (now on another prescription of 3 types of eyedrops) causing constantly watering ...

Can opening your eyes under water damage your eyes?

Ahh! i got an eyelash in my eye and i cant get it out and it hurts! what do i do?

Can I lost my vision if I use contacts?

Do you like my glasses?
They sure are slick!!!...

Contact lens in the toilet!?
I have dropped 1 of my contact lenses down the toilet, it landed in the pan but not in the water..my question is with the normal cleaning procedure would the lens be ok to wear or should it be ...

The eye in the back of my head isn't working propertly, what could be wrong with it?
I only see lots of dark tiny strips. In real life I am brunette and have long hair, should I cut it?...

Is it ok to wear contact lenses to the beach?
What about swimming in a pool? What would the water do to my eyes or the contacts?...

How long should I wear my new contacts?
Got them Saturday, and I wore them about 7 hrs. I think that was too much. I know you're supposed to wear them a few hours at a time when you first get them. Maybe 5 hrs a day?...

When you put glasses on for the first time, were you surprised at the improvement in your vision?
A recent eye test reminded me of my first experience with glasses 30 years ago. I had put off having an eye test for about ten years although I had noticed that I was quite badly short sighted in my ...

What do you do when your eyes begin burning?
My niece is trying to go to sleep, but everytime her eyes close they start burning. Do you think it might be because she's been swimming a lot lately? If not, what is it? And more importantly, ...

What are the vitamins that can improve your eyes sight?

A question for anyone who wears contact lenses?
Hello- I'm mildly short sighted and wear glasses. I'm thinking of getting contacts but the thought of putting something in my eye really makes me flinch.

Is it at all off-...

Can i change my color eyes without usein contacts?? juss curious??
and do contacts mess uhp the eyes...if u dont need them??...

A coworker says fly farts burn his eyes Do flys have gas if so does it burn eyes?

crazy animal loverr!
20/50 vision, is that bad?
last year i had 20/20 vision but, i got a physical for soccer the other day, and the doctor said it's now 20/50. the doctor didn't say anything at all about it.
in class i have to strain a ton to see the board, and sometimes i get a headache.
do you think i should get reading glasses or prescription glasses?

chunkylove83
Rating
what do you think retard

The Big Dog :)
You should see an eye doctor to see if you've just inherited poor vision or if there is another reason for such a brisk change from 20/20 to 20/50.

If you can't see the board in the front of the room, obviously you need more than just reading glasses.

Get evaluated, get some glasses, and lose the headaches (because your eye muscles are constantly straining to focus).

mom@40
Rating
20/50 vision is not legal in any state for driving without a prescription..that is unless you have one eye that is 20/40 or better. You need glasses. If you can read up close fine and are straining at a distance, then you are nearsighted and will need prescription glasses. If you are having difficulty with both far and near, then you may be far sighted and trying a weak reading glass may help. Again, either way, if you have to go get your driver's license or permit, you may have a very difficult time passing the vision screening without glasses.

Schedule an appointment as soon as possible. There is no sense making your eyes strain. Good luck.

socoamarettolime18
Rating
Just go to an optomitrist, theyll tell you what you need to do. Theyll give you tests and stuff to figure out whats wrong.

fehockeykid13
20/50 means that if you were reading something comfortably 20ft away, someone with perfect vision could see it just as sharply at 50ft. (ft might be m, I'm not sure) So yeah you probably need glasses.

Faith F
Rating
No glasses yet, go see the doctor and ask him what the problem is, sometimes when you stare at stuff for a long time you tend to get headaches and stuff, but most certainly ask the doctor about this, and until you can ask the teachers to read the board to you or ask to sit closer, and explain why you need to be read to.

ViolinMaster#1
i think you should get glasses. im not sure

nvr heard of 20/50 sry

Sweet L
You definitely need glasses. i have 20/60 vision and m glasses only correct to 20/50 'cause I have nystagmus.

Kate
idk but i have 20/300 and i cant see a foot in front of me

lifecryme
Rating
yea it's pretty bad. i'm in a similar situation. i can't see anything anymore from far away. I'm getting glasses as well. i can't see hte board in school anymore i can't even see it from up front.

kasumicat
Rating
You are likely nearsighted and/or have astigmatism. You will need to have an eye exam to get prescription eyeglasses/contacts. 20/20 is considered normal vision. 20/50 means that you can see an object at 20 ft when a person with normal vision can see the object at 50ft.

My right eye has normal vision 20/20 and my left eye is at 20/50 due to astigmatism. I usually wear a contact lens in my left eye when I go out. I wear eyeglasses at home when needed.

omarm1
20/20 vision is the best vision you can get which is equall to 100%. 20/50 is probably much worse because it is equall to 40%. I think you should take a eye test, and get glasses.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy