Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis!?

Why do i wake up in the morning...?
and not feel like doing anything, i just feel like nothing is worth it, im not gonna kill myself, and this isnt a cry for attention i would just like some opinions ...

Im a rape victim, what can i do?
last year i was raped, now i find myself having commitment issues, i dunno wot to do.. does anyone have any ideas to help me get over it except for therapy
Additional Details

Please help i am becoming an alcoholic how do i stop!?
I am starting to drink anything alcoholic in the ...

I'm so scared?!?
I heard pounding somewhere out of my house. What should I do?...

When you are depressed, what do you do to feel better?
I mean sometimes I listen to music or throw things or even break things (by accident), but I want to know what helps everyone else feel better?...

Okay really embarasing.................. can't help it...
Um, I am like, mentally stable, don't worry.........but I am sooooooooo scared of people. Like, when I see people I don't know.I like hide, or totally try and ignore them. they just SCARE...

What's Bipolar Disorder?
I know it's a mental disease,but what does it ...

I was raped by my bf best friend but im scrd to tell my bf cuz he might do somin crazy?

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

miss!@ the disco
Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?..plz dont be rude!

allansc2005
Rating
Let's see your piercings

Golden Ivy
Rating
I would never let my kids do that. Most people do it as a gang thing and go drinking and stealing other bad things. Plus you should be busy with education, family, friends, helping out the world with your talents etc. why would you have time to Pierce your body like that! Really what is the meaning? Just because a famous star has 67 metal rings in their body does not mean you have to follow along with their stupid choice. Also people will respect and look up to you more if you do not have piercings and tattoos.

paulogic33
Rating
The only piercing I have left is on my left eyebrow. Yes, I'd let my kids do it (if I had any) but not anywhere where it's likely to get ripped off during sports or something like that.

Don't worry about the ones who don't get what it's about. You wouldn't want to talk to them anyway. Now all you have to do is display your piercings and they'll go running back home and hide the children.

Happy Little Trees
It sure doesn't bother me. Body piercings are by no means something new..people have been doing it for a variety of reasons down through the ages. If done tastefully, it is like an art form. My brother is a professional body piercer and has been perfecting his art now for nearly a decade. I will allow my daughter (who is now almost 12) to pierce as she pleases. In fact, my brother has done her ears and cartilage.. and when she feels she is ready, she would like a nostril piercing and on from there. Piercing can be a thing of beauty, and it is a strong means of expressing yourself. I don't understand the fuss, so long as you take precautions for your hygiene.

Rating
depends where u get the piercing and how many.

foudaki
Rating
to be honest....i had a piercing when i was younger....i am 25 now.....all i do is wear a neckless....i even wanted a tatoo....i think piercing is just a phase and without being rude i think it is a bit of attention seeking no matter how much people say it is for themselves.....my sister has five on her tongue......

fable f
Rating
some people are just anal about piercings and tattoos too. soome people think its body graffitti some others think its art. i think its just a style of ones choice. i have nothing against it. the others just need to stop being so anal. if you dont let you children get it pierced or tats, what makes you think they wont do it when their older?? saying no to somone just pushes them to do it more.

angelle_76
Body art and piercings in the psychiatric proffesion are referred to as a type of self abuse. People should be non judgemental as it is not their body but some people find it a little scary when someone is covered from head to toe in tatoos or piercings. As for my children it is up to them i say but trust me they do look silly on old people when their skin wears down so you may want to think in the long term.

chickadee112582
It doesn't bother me in the least what people do to their bodies. If it was my child I guess they could do what they wanted as well as long as they were old enough to make their own decisions.

?
because it is different and out of the norm for most people....
I personally have piercings and havent really had a problem with most people.....
as far as my children getting pierced it isnt up to me just like it wasnt up to my parents when I made the decision....
if they want piercings or tattoos they will eventually come to an age when they can make that decision.....

DonnyD
Rating
well if i were a parent
it depends on where the piercings gonna be....
stricly no piercings for the male child.!!!!..
in case if you didnt know
certain piercings signify certain things from other various cultures....
you should check it out

whatlaaa
Rating
I love peircings, Although I don't really like them in the tounge. However this is my opinion and as long as I never had it done it wouldn't cause a problem. Yes I would let my kids do this just not too many in a short time.

supermomma
my 14yr. old wants her tongue pierced but i want her too wait until shes 17 or 18. i dont think we should judge people on their looks but what is on the inside

simplicity_is_beauty_to_me
Rating
Nothing against you peepz really but if I have girls for children I wouldn't recommend them having anywhere else but their ears for fashion but the rest of their bodyparts would be offlimits over my dead body..call me oldfashioned and I wouldn't mind but nowhere other than green zones..and that's about it.
A big NO-NO too if I have sons for children.No offense meant of course to all of you guys who has!--but not my sons :D

seriously can you imagine clouds with pierces?!
----naaahhh.

Maybe storm will join the club one day soon,who knows..

w359borg
Rating
if someone wants to have a piercing, its their body so why the hell not? who are we to dictate what someone can or cannot do to their own body? i don't have any but i have no problem with anyone who does and why should i? if i had kids if they wanted one they can have have one. and hey, if they change their mind later on, you just don't use it and it heals up! so whats the problem?

oye !!
well from now onwards carry a small drilling machine with u...
so if anyone is against ur body piercing....juz drill them !!...make a big hole in them where ever u feel like....wll im juz 22 but when i get kids..i will definately not stop them...until they tell me..."mom i want to make 2 more holes on the cheeks of my as$s..."...lol..
well i want to pierce my eybrow...but my mom is not allowing me...anyways im not dying to pierce it...but i am definately goin for a tattoo ... and my mom is cool abt it :)...well so dont care of wht ppl say...as long as ur not hurting them...nothing is wrong...juz do whtever u feel like....enjoy !!!

grrl
If the piercing is in a place that can be covered when at work, etc., then no problem. When it's the face, it looks odd and frankly, ugly. If my husband is hiring and 2 equally qualified people came in 1 with piercings & 1 without, the less "holey" wins. I had a belly ring, no problem, thought about a tiny diamond nose ring, but chickened out, (thank God!) but eyebrow, tongue, and lips look gross. NO my kids cannot get pierced except ears and no gaping holes(what ever that's called)

Chloe
Rating
If you want them I'm ok with that. I let both of my sons and daughter pierce their ears several times. Any other piercings they have to pay for when they are over 18. Then, if I don't like it, they can move out on their own as is their right. Your piercings don't bother me one way or the other.
My generation wasn't appreciated by the older one either. Just ignore them.

rahkokwee
Rating
I am a parent and if one of my children wanted a body piercing, I would make them tell me why, same as I do for anything they want. They have to give me a good reason and, "because its cool" or "I like it" isn't a good enough reason. I would be looking more for an answer that tells me its for a personal statement of some kind and what this particular piercing, tattoo, etc makes that personal statement for them.

♥Puppy Toes
I'm not the one being rude. You started your question with wtf??!! Anyway, I don't think it's anyone else's business if you have piercings. I wouldn't let my kids get a tongue piercing because I've heard from a lot of dentists that it will ruin your teeth.

vodkastars♥
Rating
I personally am not fond of body peircings but dont have a problem if other people have them, as long as its not overdone. The only body piercing that would bother me would probably be a huge nose ring, or a flashy tongue ring, but other than than, everything is ok.

Peace! :-)

tinad0lce
Rating
o i see nothing wrong with body piercings i see it as a way of expressing your self this is going to sound kinda Corney but its like a way of art even tho i just have my tong belly button and ears per iced i still think theres like nothing wrong with piercings at all starting from if you only have 1 or maybe even 50 lol if i had kids yea i would defiantly let them get piercings. i say just ignore all the ignorant ppl there are today and just do wut you want to do !!!!!

Ellie
Rating
It's not that people oppose of piercings.Its the fact that some people take it overboard with the piercings and instead of it looking fit for that person it looks overdone,and ridiculous,and ugly.So it makes people think well I won't let my child get any piercings because they are gonna end up looking like that.
Also people see to many piercings as unprofessional.Piercings done in moderation always did people good. But going overboard just makes people look ridiculous.

MissB
Rating
There's nothing wrong with body piercings. I see them as a way of expressing one's self. I personally only have two piercings. Got hem as a baby. However i wouldn't get any right now or anytime soon because i'm a total wimp and terribly afraid of the pain. That's why i really admire people who have several.

NONAME
I suppose it is because people associate "thugs" and "slackers" with piercings and even tattoos. It is human nature to sum someone up at first glance. You have to understand that if someone has a preconceived idea about someone with piercings, it is most likely because they have encountered certain common characteristics in this crowd that they are associating with you.

It is not a good thing to do, prejudge someone's character before they even have a chance to open their mouth, but knowing that society as a whole tends to associate piercings and tattoos with "Thugs" then this is a hurdle that those who get piercings and tattoos are choosing to have to overcome.

You will simply have to work a little harder at proving you are a benefit to society and not a drain.

The irony of this dilemma is that as you resent having to prove this, you become more of an angry person and tend to retreat, opening yourself up to only those who are just like you. Not interacting with society, all of society, leaves room for the conservative few to continue believing their preconceived notions.

Get out there and show them that you too are a good person and not the thug or slacker that so many with piercings and tattoos have made you out to be.

Mixed Guy
Rating
Because people are rude.Dont pay attention to them.

xraytech
Rating
First, why any individual is rude is something only the individual can answer, so that question's out.

The general USA population, and most other countries and cultures are accepting of piercings of the ears, mostly in women, but not of other body parts. Because of this, many businesses won't hire someone with nose, brow, lip, tongue, etc piercings, as such an image doesn't fit with their customer base, and personnel dealing with their customers need to appear "normal" to the customer. Discrimination, sure, but it's based on good business sense.

Would I let my children get piercings? The girls ears, sure. Anything else absolutely not! Life it tough enough without doing body "modifications" that will generally turn off most of society. Any such "adornment" would not be tolerated before they left home and were fully self supporting.

The bottom line? I think piercings are OK of women's ears, period! Anything else, including tattoos, simply is cheap looking, and turns me off.

Larry
Listen sweetheart people have always be biased against other people that don't fit their idea of what people should look like. Don't worry about. No matter how you dress, look, etc. somebody is not going to like it. I'm 56 and I had my ear pierced when I was 18. There were those that didn't like it then just like now.

brenda4ever
Rating
yes I am a parent but he is only four, but I love eyebrow rings, I don't have the right brow or I would have one lol so If he asked in the future I would be all for it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy