Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If you punch an arm or leg hard enough, could it break?
Or would it just leave a bad bruise?...

What do you miss about your childhood?
I miss all my legos......

What's the secret of happiness?
Serious answers please - I have suffered on and off with depression all my life, and never seem to able to enjoy my life and be happy with what I've got. How does everyone else manage it?...

I'm 19 and I still watch Telitubies.What is wrong with me?
I dont have children....

Why can't i stop skipping classes?
i just dont care about school anymore. i know when i dont go to class i'm going to get caught but i still do it. some times i just end up comming for one period. my mum knows i do it, and she ...

What or who made you laugh this week?

Additional Details
I love Extras with Ricky Gervais, he makes me laugh out ...

14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression ...

Have you ever had the kind of day where you want to stay inside the house and not face the world at all?

I Need to Die?
I tried ti kill myself months ago with out sucess. This time I plan to go to work on Monday and then when I finish work on monday stay in a B&B and then on tuesday I'm on a course and when I...

Your opinions on suicide?
Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Was it a real and failed attempt or a cry for help? And do you get p****d off with people who say it's selfish? (For those who dont know it is ...

Am i crazy?
i talk to myself. i dont do any thing bad. i'm depressed and hate life. i've had eating disorders. i cant trust any one. thats why i'm asking you, cause you dont know who i really am....

I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details

Suicide methods?
Can someone please tell me the quickest way to do this - have tried cutting my wrists but I can seem to cut deep enough - please dont try to talk me out of it I've had enough i want to go - ...

Is it illegal to commit suicide?

What do you do when your mad?

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

Smith
Will smoking weed cause any problems?
i haven't started but what if i just use it mildly/in moderation, don't get into the lifestyle, and stay productive? wouldn't it not cause any problems and actually be a good occasional enjoying thing to do then?

Jay
Rating
short term affects:
brain damage, increases heart rate by 50%,problems with memory and learning, distorted perception, loss of coordination, anxiety, panic attacks.
Long term affects:
cancer, damage tissues and cells that fight disease, men can be delayed from puberty, affect hormones, breathing problems, more chest - colds.

Marion F
continual use leads to addiction, paranoia, weight gain and quite a few have gravitated to stronger drugs. Any kind of smoke will lead to lung damage and lung cancer

rrosin623
Smoking weed or any drug for that matter can cause loss of brain cells, frequent out-bursts of anger, and a very large amount of money being spent on it. Smoking weed can cause problems with the law, problems with trying to find a job, and can also cause you to lose your job. I'm not sure if you have a job or not, but i do know that the majority of places have an occasional drug testing to make sure that their employees are not doing any thing that they shouldn't be doing. Plus, if your work does have an unannounced drug testing, and you do show up positive for drug use they could have the police come and check to see if you have any marijuana on you. If you, in fact, do have it on you, the police will definitely have you put away in jail. If you are a minor, and are found with any type of drugs on you, you would not be going to jive, they consider drug possession a major misdemeanor and you will end up in a state pen. Just don't give into peer pressure and say no to drug use.

Gemini511
If you just do it every once in a while, in MY opinion thats okay. But it does cause paranoia...and spasms or 'tweaks' throughout your body which you cant control it just happens.. but its not serious so dont worry. Just make sure your in a good surrounding with good energy..nothing negative-or you might get a little scared, only because your high and it just heightens your senses.

notyou311
Rating
It kills brain cells and causes one to become lazy and procrastinate. All hard drug users will tell you that they started with weed and that it is addictive. We know how bad cigarettes are and weed is even worse so why would you start? It will also keep you from getting a decent job because you will fail drug tests.

◊ καταηα•rαε
well, i personally HATE that......its not smart to do and it kills brain cells AND even if you use it mildly it will turn into something you crave for every second....it also makes you crazy when your not smoking......don't let ANYONE peer-presher you into doing it...

Johnny U
Rating
nO, itt wlllss nnnttt cozz pronlemsss. i smke it and can stilll fncshunnns nrmaalee . i splll gud and evrythg.

happy-ness
Rating
well weed will certainly have the least impact. moderation isnt actually that bad and lots of people dont like it. i guess trying is fine, and only once in a while. once it starts becoming an addiction or problem its seriouse. in terms of intelligence. my sister has a 93% average for gr. 11 and she smokes up sometimes.

Digz
Rating
as long as you don't get caught or abuse it, then you'll be fine.
I did alot if research on this topic in school and found that all the kill braincells talk is a myth. There aren't any scientific facts that it'll do damage to you.
in fact, it's used as a medical treatment for people with
AIDS, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, anorexia, etc.
it stimulates appetite and relieves stress. (as long as it's not abused) don't use it more than once a day.

jobby1111
I have had many brilliant times smoking weed in the past, and for years smoked almost daily without it causing many problems. But I began to feel really dependent, scared and anxious about running out and how I would feel if I had no weed for an evening sat in the house. It wasn't until I stopped smoking that I realised how dependent I was, and how I'd isolated myself through feeling paranoid - I only ever wanted to hang about with people I felt completely comfortable with and was nervous about meeting new people.
Not good. And most of my friends who smoked as much all stopped too for similar reasons.

So I definitely would recommend not letting weed become a regular habit, but, used occasionally you will enjoy finding things amazingly funny, having really interesting trains of thought and sharing them with people around you, creativity, feeling tremendously relaxed and at ease and great sleep.

btuck
Rating
Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens9,11. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke12. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells13. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

Other Health Effects

Some of marijuana's adverse health effects may occur because THC impairs the immune system's ability to fight disease. In laboratory experiments that exposed animal and human cells to THC or other marijuana ingredients, the normal disease-preventing reactions of many of the key types of immune cells were inhibited14. In other studies, mice exposed to THC or related substances were more likely than unexposed mice to develop bacterial infections and tumors15,16.

Ronnie j
Rating
Ahhh, OK man like... ya know... I mean it's like....ahhhh, what was the question again......

Gweniveree
Depends, if they are loco weeds, beware - you will die! Have they been treated with anything? Why would you want to smoke ANYTHING? Yuck! Makes your breath stink and no one wants to kiss you!! Don't do it - leads to worse drugs!

dsbeachhouse
Rating
reading the answersIT IS NOT ADDICTAVE it is only add. if you have a add. personalty & no will power it is like anything else as for opening drug it depends on person as for causing stupipity i have known people 100% GRADE AVERAGE DID NOT HURT THEM it all depends on your self control

DancelessAuthor
Rating
no but you will indefinitly grow fangs and have blood on the inside of your eyes

Dee
No derrr...

just google weed effects genius...

Seriously though kid, don't give in to peer pressure..

Alisa
any kind of smoking is bad for you even if you use it in moderation.

The Chad
Yes.

Sifat A
haha u shud watch those commercials that say "im only gonna do meth once, im not gonna be like that guy"

V
yes it causes brain damage

knitlove
If you smoke weed long term you may start to lose your memory.

Nikki
Rating
People will vary on this answer because it's still a drug. Granted it's not as harsh as other drugs including cigarettes. But, if your asking for permission, you don't need it from us. It's your body and brain cells.

Bonnie C
You don't mention your age, but if you're going for a job, many employers do drug screening. That could be a problem.

martinlh
Smoking anything causes problems. Depending on how much you do is how severe it gets. Don't do it. Obviously people wouldn't do it if it didn't do "something."

janinemad
Rating
In the long run it will

djtdon
Rating
paranoia

Sugar
Yes It causes problem to the brain itself ( long term)

pearl_hoff
kills brain cells and they do not regenerate

me
Rating
I never did.. and proud to say that.... and missed nothing

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy