Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

Does anybody think it's weird that I have imaginary friends?
I have four imaginary friends. I have a lot more real friends, but I prefer my imaginary ones. My mom hates them because I talk to them more than I talk to her. Is this weird??? I'm actually ...

What could this be???
I'm 13. I get bored really easily, and I get depressed even easier. I've cut myself several times out of being depressed, and even more odd, I drank the blood. I can't stand smiling in ...

No friends, never had relationship, anti-social, heavy depression, and miserable. 21 years old?
i have a major issue. i'm 21 and i have NO friends, and i've never even had a relationship with a woman. as you can imagine, my days are BORING as crap. i usually stay online for unhealthy ...

Christians (or anyone who won't diss my religion) - please help me - I am suicidal.?
okay so i will give you a little background.

i have depression, anxiety, especially of social situations, and i am a self harmer.
this week i went to soul survivor, a christian camp ...

How to ask the doctor if i have a depression issue? Im kinda nervous and embarresed what do ya think?

What's your phobia?
I have a fear of hospitals, anything clinical, needles you name it.
Also sirens and ambulaces.
What's your phobia?...

How can I relieve stress?

Do You Guys Think That I'm Weird?
At parties when it is time to go I just quietly disappear. Tip-toe on out without saying a word. It's kind of strange I guess. Do you think I'm weird?...

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
i've had plenty, but i'd like to hear some of yours!...

Do you think this is strange?
EVERYDAY at 9:11 am/pm i look at the clock.......i think this is really weird..........what could be causing me to do this?
Additional Details

stardust44
Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially their family and loved ones, that's really sad and it's not fair that they want to kill others too but hey they have depression or something... why do they kill others before killing themselves?

man as you think
Rating
the shame and guilt has built up in the deformed thought process of the individual, that these are the peaple he feels shame and guilt for /about , and by killing them he is savering them from the pain . hes saveing them the pain of going through this world with out him, or that they could not survive with-out him....

not 30 yet
Rating
Depending on the situation, the person committing suicide may be doing so BECAUSE he/she has killed someone and doesn't want to go to jail. He/she may kill his/her children if he/she thinks that his/her children will suffer after he/she commits suicide. He/she may kill someone because that individual may have been the cause of all the pain. He/she may kill someone because he/she want to cause pain to someone else (e.g. mother of the child) for giving him/her pain. Most likely people kill others before committing suicide because--THEY HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS AND NEED HELP.

Bright
self hatred

jennapusmora
Rating
My guess is that they want thier loved ones to feel what they feel. SAD but that is the only thing i can think of.

space_case0
in the case of killing strangers before suicide,
the people that do this have something wrong with the brain,
this is detectable as a little kid, there is a researcher that found this out and is now trying to get kids screened for this so that they get the help they need.

the decision to kill yourself is not just because of a bad day, its because of many very bad years, and a lack of hope that it will ever get better.

in the case of killing a specific person first,
if the bad years were caused by one person, such as in abuse cases, then I can see why someone would take out the one apparently or actually evil person, then panic about getting arrested and kill themselves. but I think these people have something not normal with the brain as well.

fine touch of class
Well ... becuase psychologically our first loved ones are ourselves. So, if someone decides to kill himself, then no one else is more valuable or worth living. I think that's why they do.

Lorna G
In my opinion, I think it is because they do not want kids/family members.. and when they kill them they cannot deal with the guilt and kill themselves.. and also cause their sick.. I could never even think about killing a young child!

xan_tanuki
They do it because they think killing their "source of problems" will end all their "suffering" but when they realize that they just killed a loved one of friend, the shock of it drives them over the edge and they just kill them selves. Some of the time they do it the same way they killed their loved one/friend without even thinking about it, the guilt makes them crazy.

Tricia
Because they want those people to go with them to the after life.

Aznq_t24
It's that mental thinking "if I'm going down so are you!! " " i'm not doing it alone, no way!" "If I can take out at least one person with me to where I'm going, then hmmm!"

ZICO
Rating
If only they think logically like you do they won't have contemplated suicide.

1greatguy
I believe the answer is found in the converse of your question - meaning, why do people commit suicide after they murder?

Many murder-suicides are based on rage, or fueled by emotions such as jealousy, anger, greed, etc., and while some of the murder-suicides are premeditated, others are merely reactive. Therefore after the murder(s) has/have been committed, the perpetrator now must deal with the consequences of their actions. Many times they realize that there will be a very stiff penalty for their actions - a penalty they are not willing to endure, and so they take the easy way out by killing themselves to bypass all the suffering and hardship or the death penalty, if so enforced.

However, having said all this, no one really can say what is in the mind of someone who wishes to do harm to someone else. Much of it is revenge, to get even, but it is not always the case, and since the person is dead, we cannot ask them their motives, so all we are left with is speculation.

Dolar Tha Scholar
Rating
I think they commit suicide because don't wanna spend the rest of their life in a prison.simple

matthew
Rating
i think what might happen is they get really mad at someone they love and end up killing them...then feel bad about it once they realize what they did... so they kill themselves cuz they cant face it.

Smriti
Rating
Of course, they are depressed and frustrated and thus, they commit suicide. They may also feel that their absence and loss may lead their loved ones and family into a similar state of destitution, depression and helplessness that they themselves feel. Since they can't extricate themselves, they think that it is their duty to ensure that they do not lead them to a similar state of mental torture and hell and thus, they kill them. On the other hand, they might blame them as the instigators of their condition and thus, punish them by killing them. They may think that okay, if I cannot live happily, I will not let you enjoy life too. So, they kill them. You cannot make them understand, because they are not using their brains. They are being guided by their unhealthy emotions. If they had been sane, they would not do it in the first place.

U Penn 2011
Rating
Those kind of people generally have a very negative view on life and believe that death is a better option. They might also fear the real world. In case of killing the loved ones, it's probably to spare them the pain of dealing with a loss. When they kill people they're not close to and then themselves, it's probably bc they hate those people. So one reason they kill others is to spare them the misery bc they love them and the other reason is bc they hate somebody. Then they kill themselves bc they don't want to deal with the consequences and bc they just want to quit life.

Sweetkat
It's a control issue, plain and simple.

Steve C
I think when you kill your whole family, there isn't much you can do but kill yourself.

Amanda S
Generally its caused by a mental disorder. Sometimes there are problems within the family for some unknown reason they feel the need to kill the family members first.

Suicide is very mysterious in that, there are so many unanswered questions afterwards. Just like your question, we dont know why because the killer also killed himself!

My brother committed suicide three years ago. We had absolutely no warning signs or anything. It came as a complete shock. He'd gone through a wife leaving him, and taking the kids out of state when he wasnt home. For him, apparently it was more than he could handle.

We just dont know with suicide whats going on in their minds. I can only imagine the intense pain and confusion they must be feeling to see that as an option. :-(

ER Doctor
Cause there idiots and cant handle the pressure of life and there a waste of society.

sozofire
Rating
They obviously are mentally distressed, whether they have chemical imbalance, are clinically depressed, sociopathic, or whatever... they aren't thinking clearly and thus can't make rational or moral decisions. It really all boils down to selfishness... they are so consumed with themselves that they can't see (or don't care) how their actions affect others.

chris-teaa :]
maybe so the others dont have to suffer for his/her loss.

pbrgal@sbcglobal.net
Rating
i don't know its way beyond my understanding

familyof4
Rating
nobody wants to be alone

Brutally Honest
The most typical reason is because the person(s) they are killing are the reason they're so desperately unhappy in the first place.

For example, a man may kill his wife and then himself because she was either demanding a divorce or he found out she was cheating on him. So in essence, it's a punishment of sorts.

Mothers will often kill their children before themselves because they are so completely despondent that they cannot see that the child would be better off with the other parent or another family member; sometimes too, they're desperately depressed because the child(ren) have put such a strain on the parent that they don't understand anything else.

You're right...it is sad, but this is why mental illness is so misunderstood, misdiagnosed, and so completely feared.

carolm0108
Rating
there is a correlation to narcissism in some situations like this. The person can't stand the idea that the family can live without them. Or they think of no one but themselves. And they believe that the family wouldn't survive without them. It's sad. And very scary.

tkquestion
I can think of two reasons....

The reason someone commit suicide is because of their family. They end the life of someone who gave you so much grief, and to escape the responsibility, end his/her own.

In someones mind, if he/she ends his/her own life, then the remaining family member will suffer. So, to remove them from further suffering, he/she kills all.

Consider yourself lucky for not being able to think of why someone might do something like this. Suicidal person is in a state of mind where he/she thinks there are no other choice. Don't be so quick to judge... for one, they are (in many cases) mentally ill/unstable, and people have problems you have no idea they even exist.

cireengineering
To escape justice.

♥ F@$H!0N ♥
Rating
ur probably talking about benoits case.
he took steroids which destroyed his brain.

sanbox69
you have it backwards - they commit suicide BECAUSE they killed someone, and can't live with the guilt

com5t
Rating
These people who look down upon life are generally mistreated or have had some sort of demeaning actions done to them such as teasing or verbal abuse, maybe even physical abuse, they let harsh feelings boil up inside them for a long period of time until they cant take it anymore, they take drastic action and decide to take revenge on those hurting them, a common thought is to kill them. At the point of which they actually do take their revenge they realize what a mistake it is and they either cant bear the thought of having done the killing or they dont want to deal with the consequences so they kill themselves too.... its a very sad thing

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy