Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What's suicide?
Hi,guys!Does anybody knows what's suicide?If you have any information or links for that topic please sand me.Thanks!!!...

POLL: How do you deal with stress in your life ?
Thank you....

Does my wife suffer from some kind of mental affliction?
Long story short. happy loving couple get married. All is well. 6 years later after 2 beutiful kids wife starts to change. Becomes less loving and affectionate. Surrounded by loving husband, parents, ...

OK, I admit it: I'm bored. Bored with life. Bored of being alone and bored of being broke.?
I'm a loner, but I've always been able to keep myself occupied/distracted, with music, books, films, and recently, keeping fit. These days I'm feeling restless in the evening, less ...

Has anyone ever quit smoking weed? has your life changed for the better?
Sometimes I think smoking weed has made me kinda lazy....

I think i need professional help for depression, but im to scared to tell anyone?
Well. im to scared to even tell my friends, boyfriend, sister, or parents. i don't know why... :( i cut myself sometimes but then i hide them. (thinking someone will notice and talk to me but ...

What is this called? HELP!!!?
Sometimes I feel like I want to die and I feel worthless. Some days I feel just fine. On the days I feel horrible its really bad. I've been on anti depressants and anxiety meds. What's ...

HELP! AH! SUICIDeE????
ok. thank you for trying to help me.
Well I am a middle school student. I have alot going on in my life.
My mom had cancer.
My brother insults me on a 24/7 hour basis.
At school ...

What should you do after youve done everything in life?
and you have no family N when you try to help everyone to make good of your life but people think your wacko N dont like you?...

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

DEPRESSiON! mAYBE SUICIDEE??HELP!!!!!!!!11?
I have alot of issues- a parent had cancer, i get teased sometimes, i drink, i get in alot of trouble at school, im fat, my brother beats me up and verbally abuses me calling me a shitfaced, ugly ****...

Is it "normal" behavior" for one's husband to kiss the wife of his really good friend on the lips?
We recently spent a week out of state visiting a couple out of state with whom my husband has been friends for over 20 years. They're like "family" to each other. I had never met the ...

What do you do when you are bored?
I get really bored at night time, and I can not sleep. I can be extremely tired, but I just can't fall asleep. I can not think of things to do when I am able to go do things. It is like my whole ...

Why am i feeling like this??
Am 21, been single now for the past 5 mnthz,work full time as a waitress (isnt the best job in the world but its ok), I have loadza friends and family that love me and my life isnt all that bad. So ...

joulesofaffection
Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question about my job and getting fired and being on disability, and the guy told me to go ahead and off myself because I said... " i was at the end of my rope"

liddle_angel
Some people have no opinion, and are not intellegent or even caring enough to offer one..so to get the attention they crave...they write something mean or heartless...make sense?

sublime_goddess_5447
Rating
Because they have no self worth and are juvenile.

BlindedByReason
Rating
Mental health isn't a joke, but psychology is. Yes. All of it.

nan
when I don't like myself I don't like anyone else very much either but maybe being mean isn't helpful but we all have been.. So best to be very gracious and remember you are worthy and you have a right to speak up..just reply..that's kinda mean. Is there some reason for it or are you just having a bad day?

ciaobella6
Rating
Deep down inside they are unhappy in their own lives and choose to share the misery.

srichith
yes of course.i really agree with you.don't take them serious.because they are like animals.they have only five sense

Sarah
Rating
since no one really knows them, they tend to act differently than if they were saying stuff in public. Also, mental illness's and stuff tend to be seen by the outside world as attention seeking things and stuff and don't realize the severity of the situation. They just don't understand. Plus, humans just tend to be cruel towards one another.

echolily
Rating
i agree with you. my guess would be that people come on here feeling insecure about their mental health situations, and this is the only place they can vent about it and be in denial. i was raised with a brother who has OCD and is very very ill....i have seen the effects of this disease on my brother as well as our entire family. you are right...it is NOTHING to laugh about.

people need to grow up.

dukalink6000
Any chance to give a rude, snide or cutting answer is going to be given

byderule
it is a reflexcion of their personality just as silly questions are

Diamond in the Rough
Rating
People with anonymity can be cruel.

illiria
No it isn't. I know. It is an illness just like any other illness. There are websites for support. After my father died I was diagnosed with Panic attacks, Post traumatic shock syndrome and depression. Also I was a cutter. It is only recently that I have gotten better. It will never go away but just don't stay on antidepressants, if you are on them, that long. I messed myself up doing that.

retorik75
Rating
People don't understand it, and whatever they don't understand, they usually say mean things about....mental health...the war in iraq...immigration...you name it.

BaitersinSpace
Life is hard sweetpea - respect is earnt and you're not a do-gooder are you ?

indy
Rating
Don't waist your time with people like that...lifes too short..be happy with yourself and all will fall into place.

Peaches
Rating
for some it's the anonymity that makes them feel comfortable experimenting with saying something they wouldn't normally say.

all the others are really actually that evil, mean and perverted. the internet is not a safe place.

melissa p
there are still jack@sses on here right...they ask stupid questions that deserve mean answers.

Beautiful Snowwhite
Rating
Hey , I am happy theres someone .. { i bet only a very few people left with it} sensitivity .. great , keep it up ! Kudos to you ..

Just dont worry everything will be well...respect yourself for what you are ,and am sure you are a great girl ... Respect and love yourself and the world will do the same .. go for it girl , and the firing from the job - well it happens , it may be a turning point who knows ? See opportunity in this adversity !...All the best , keep flashing smiles and please dont care for people who donot .. have equal sensitivity or feelings , many people just call themselves human beings but donot personify that they are human beings with the lack of feelings emotions and conduct!

All the best and keep up this attitude , it will take you places !

Good day , you can IM me if you wanna chat !

Have a nice time and keep smiling always!

Love Child
Rating
People are just ignorant. What goes around comes around!

Tabitha
Rating
Why do people ask such stupid questions?

KathieJo
Rating
That is the only part about this whole process that I don't understand, either! To be funny sometimes, when the subject matter isn't serious, is O.K.., but when it is clearly serious or even painful, I have no idea what people are thinking when they flip off some rude, crude or hurtful remark. And you're right, mental health is not a joke. Hope tomorrow is a great day for you!

r1pka
It's a way of laughing at myself. I don't. expect you to understand

Monalisa
Hi,

Really sorry if you feel that some answer are mean. But actually it's the opinion of each person. we never can control other people response or the way they think. It's will also cause by their attitude. In Yahoo Answer there is a lot of people access the question and giving their opinion. So, if there mean answer, you can just leave it. I know maybe you think why so mean, but there is always positive and negative effect on every situation or everything.

P.S : so, just try to follow wht you like and you think it's true...

Cheers!!
MS

Grist
The implications from a mean remark can have remarkably therapeutic effects.

tanu
All cant be the same.Some are different frm others.So their thinking is also different .So thier answers may also be different

Viakin
Rating
There are allot of smart-asses out there, but I presume it also has something to do with the thought fullness of the question.

Lilu8
Rating
There's a lot of immature people everywhere. They don't understand that maybe somebody really need a nice word to brighten they life or that they are desperate by an important concern or problem they having.

nobudE
Rating
take it easy, take it easy. theres no need to get all crazy abou- oh shlt. i'm sorry. i just meant, you know. tttthhhh. dammit.

jedi_junkie05
Rating
1. Mean is subjective. Are they mean, or just blunt?
2. This is Yahoo! Answers, not Yahoo! We'll Say What You Want To Hear

TweetyBird
Sweetheart, anyone asking a serious question concerning mental health should not be asking it here. You're right -- mental health is no joke. I wish there were a Yahoo place for serious questions and answers. But until then, I would advise anyone seeking real answers to consult a therapist in the privacy of that individual's office.

Ryan
Rating
It somehow makes them feel good about themselves....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy