Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is wrong with me? I cant stop crying...?
I have felt depressed / 'down' for 6 years, ever since i got into a bad relationship with a 'bad boy' when i was 16. He used to threaten me, push me around, he almost raped me..<...

What is the secret to letting go and really being calm?

Do you ever feel like just breaking down and crying?
Do you ever just want to cry? Is there a reason or do you just feel that way? Sometimes I just feel like i need to, but i cant. I want to sometimes when im alone because sometimes i think it would ...

What's suicide?
Hi,guys!Does anybody knows what's suicide?If you have any information or links for that topic please sand me.Thanks!!!...

POLL: How do you deal with stress in your life ?
Thank you....

Does my wife suffer from some kind of mental affliction?
Long story short. happy loving couple get married. All is well. 6 years later after 2 beutiful kids wife starts to change. Becomes less loving and affectionate. Surrounded by loving husband, parents, ...

OK, I admit it: I'm bored. Bored with life. Bored of being alone and bored of being broke.?
I'm a loner, but I've always been able to keep myself occupied/distracted, with music, books, films, and recently, keeping fit. These days I'm feeling restless in the evening, less ...

Has anyone ever quit smoking weed? has your life changed for the better?
Sometimes I think smoking weed has made me kinda lazy....

I think i need professional help for depression, but im to scared to tell anyone?
Well. im to scared to even tell my friends, boyfriend, sister, or parents. i don't know why... :( i cut myself sometimes but then i hide them. (thinking someone will notice and talk to me but ...

What is this called? HELP!!!?
Sometimes I feel like I want to die and I feel worthless. Some days I feel just fine. On the days I feel horrible its really bad. I've been on anti depressants and anxiety meds. What's ...

HELP! AH! SUICIDeE????
ok. thank you for trying to help me.
Well I am a middle school student. I have alot going on in my life.
My mom had cancer.
My brother insults me on a 24/7 hour basis.
At school ...

What should you do after youve done everything in life?
and you have no family N when you try to help everyone to make good of your life but people think your wacko N dont like you?...

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

DEPRESSiON! mAYBE SUICIDEE??HELP!!!!!!!!11?
I have alot of issues- a parent had cancer, i get teased sometimes, i drink, i get in alot of trouble at school, im fat, my brother beats me up and verbally abuses me calling me a shitfaced, ugly ****...

sandra c
Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Mambers
Rating
b/c everyone has cancer cells. It is just a matter when they get aggrivated enough to burst and then produce Cancer.

Devan
i think its because cancer is a mutation of the cells in your body which sometimes happens naturally and it can also be caused by second hand smoke

srracvuee
smoking is not the only cause of cancer they have yet to discover the other reasons but i personally think it must also be hereditary

blazegirl
Everyone has the chance that they can get cancer! While smoking can help to bring on lung cancer-there are many other types of cancer. Perhaps a person gets cancer because sometimes it could be run in a persons family to a certain degree. I think myself that it can happen when our body just gets too weak to fight it off!

SERENE
Apart from car crash!
most of human's illness cause from 'mental imbalance'
then effect the working function of the body.
cancer is about 'CELLS'
so what can damage cells? many things.
if we keep well balance both mind and body it will help every part of our body well working and functional.
then it 's harder for anything to 'damage CELLS'

nicemanvery
Rating
To help us smoker's prove we'r right !

mrcricket1932
Rating
There are certain people who are engineered to have cancer. Some are genetically passed, others are indicating a deficiency in the protein which seems to prevent the cancer from forming. Some create them by the thoughts they maintain, throughout there life.

Attaching smoking as the cause of cancer is yet to be established satisfactorily.. Why do some smokers get it and others don't? Goes right back to the previous statements. I have been smoking for more than 60 years, without any ravages or evidence of cancer....The so called scientific data being presented, is far from being complete.

louby loo
tell me about it lost my dad then my mum got breast cancer she never smoked doctors said it was the shock of losing my dad bless her she was my best friend died 18 months later from a brain tumour i miss her so so much...........

Wise ol' owl
Many other causes.

paulrb8
its not all to do with smoking.. could be caused by genes, air polutions, bad diet.....

dot&carryone.
Rating
There are other causes than smoking.

Smudgeward
Rating
Same reason they get it if they do, bad luck, just more of it.

boo
smoking isn't the only cause of cancer.

MINDDOCTOR
Rating
Besides breathing in second hand smoke, people who don't smoke can get cancer from a host of reasons.

Family history genetics, chromosomes by which hereditary characters are transmitted.

The green house effect, (pollution of our air).

Breathing in toxic chemicals.

First responders to 9/11 having to breath in toxic fumes will probably wind of with one form of cancer or anther.

Troops that fought in the "Gulf War", were exposed to toxic chemicals. (Will find up with one form of cancer or another).

People who were in the war in Vietnam an especially civilians who did not take part in the war were bombed, with "Agent Orange". To this day their babies are born deformed, and the people still die of stomach cancer all these years after the war ended.

Breathing in household chemicals that you use to clean your home with. (They are not safe and can cause cancer with constant exposure).

Exposure to excessive sun can cause melanoma.

Let's just say the causes of cancer can go on and one and not be a smoker. (Plus there are people who smoke more then 2 packs per day and will die from old age, never getting cancer or a lung element).

Clinical Psychiatrist, France

misterlister_666
Because anything can set the Cancer cells and not just smoking

Tyler C
There are many reasons. One is second hand smoking.

Christine O
Rating
it is also a gentic diease.

bannister_natalie
Smoking is a contributing factor to cause cancer, it isn't the total cause of cancer.

If it was surely we would know the cure............stop smoking.

There are other predisposing factors, such as genetics, inhalation of asbestos, pollution, pesticides, radiation.

In fact, there are over 100 predisposing factors to cause cancer.

ukmei
Rating
they lost the genetic lottery.

freaking humans always trying to improve and just screw things up.

oh well its our nature.

Sukie
Not all cancers are related to smoking, and anyway it's a rare person who can totally escape passive smoking, as there are so many smokers who force us to share their air.

Troy M
Rating
1.there is different types of cancer.
2.if you are talking about smoking related cancer then it is probably second hand smoke

Otherfreak
Rating
Too much sun over the years can give you skin cancer.

Anon O Mus
Smoking is just one risk factor out of many.

paulaflory
Rating
the answere to this is quite complex, but in short every body is born with cancer and many other diseases it's as to whether you have the triger process for it in your body. other examples would be parkinsons disease, multople sclerosis, huntingdones disease(although normally only in males) the list is quite phenominal. hope this does not scare you too much

widow_purple
Dunno...my dad smoked a bit when he was younger but hadn't smoked for 35 years when he was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Alice Gill
Rating
Cancer is a from of growth that can occur anywhere in the body, often as a result of a mutated cell in the body, which continues to multiply and thus forming a tumour.

So you don't have to smoke to get cancer, smoking only encourages it, like excess alcohol encourages liver cancer, or excess long term sun exposure encourages skin cancer.

Remember, people probably died of cancer before cigerettes or alcohol were invented!

Chris PHRIS
Rating
Cancer is caused my mutation in the cells, it is enivitable if you live long enough

NONAME
Rating
You have this pre-conceived idea that cancer is "always" smoking related , absolutely not true , are you listening , NOT TRUE!!. Some cancers are there in our genes but lie dormant and never 'trigger'. Your question is biased , you need to look at the bigger picture!!. Cancerous growths can start at any time in anyone , smoker or non smoker.

J D
A little known fact. smoking only influences it....it does not give you cancer. Cancer is the mutation of a cell. We all have pre cancerous cells in us. We are born that way. It is your environmental exposure, genetic inheritence, and diet that influence whether or not you deelpoe it. I have seen perfectly health people with no smoking or genetic predisposition develope cancer.

It's you ability to control the amount of influence you provide the cells..ie smoking...etc.. If you eat healthy, stay fit, and avoid carcinogens you can still develope cancer but you have a far less chance of doing so then someone who smokes 3 packs a day.

Mike
You can develop cancer from other things, it doesnt have to be smoking or even 2nd hand smoking
Radiation can cause cancer
Alcohol can cause cancer
Chemicals can cause cancer

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy