Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I Need Help..I Cut myself..?
I Cut myself i dont no why but i do..
I dont want to tho. but i cant help it..
i cant tell anyone either they wont care.
Please i need help..
I dont know what to do.
A...

Should I kill myself?
I don't have any friends, I hate my job, and I don't have anyone that I can really talk to or have fun with. I am miserable. What can I do?...

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Would you date someone with bi-polar disorder?
Or if you were dating someone, and found out they had bipolar (manic depression), would you stop dating them? Bearing in mind manic depressives can be perfectly happy a lot of the ...

Why do i have to sleep at night?

Self Harming.. Help Me!?
Ive Recently started to self harm. i duno it just seems to make me feel better. i cant tell anyone, ive tried but it just dont come out. i cant stop. please help me i dont know what to do :( ...

kenzo
Why do people cut themselves?

Additional Details
Question to the people who actually do it. what goes through your mind. hjow does it make u feel better? doesnt it hurt? i'm not hating i'm curious, as its not something normal to me i want to try to understand the reasoning behind it. can u help?

Emily<3
because they want attention, and most think they have nothing, but really they are the ones with everything, like a great family, great friends, they just have the need to make people feel for them, when i have no concern whatsoever with whatever they do. they want attention, and that's what everyone is giving them.
weird.

zoemichaelis
Rating
i wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself

bballbabe2067
Rating
people cut them selves because they are sad or theyre just bored or theyve been raped thers many more i cood say but i just dont have the time just dont cut urself

Bloody Jack
Psychologically speaking, because it's the only way they know how to release their inner pain.

But some do it only for attention, a way to cry out for help.

sammy.boii
A lot of these goths/emo's do it because they are seeking attention.

People who have real problems cut themselves, not for attention, but to release inner pain. I myself have self harmed before and would be very embarressed if anyone seen my scabs/scars... obviously not cutting for attention then.

Buzzy
Rating
Are you talking about delicate cutters?

In 1960, a relatively new ‘syndrome’ began appearing with growing frequency in psychiatric hospitals and in doctors’ offices. Eventually termed ‘delicate self-cutting’, this new model for typical self-mutilative behavior was developed in conjunction with a description of the ‘typical’ self-mutilator: young (adolescent to just post-adolescent), female, and almost always attractive. This article contends that, despite recent efforts to change the nature of research on self-mutilation, the myth of a typical mutilator, developed from a particular historical bias, continues to work in popular and medical discourses on the subject. I will begin with a detailed discussion of the medical discourse in an effort to ask how the myth was made. Noting that the female body, here, is singled out as pathological at a time when, specifically in the USA, the emergent Women’s Movement was beginning to contest certain gender lines, I would like to examine how the medical discourse and material bodies interrelate and interact with each other and with the cultural narratives around them. Finally, I end with examples from the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted, as well as other recent popular and medical accounts, to illustrate not only the perpetuation of the myth of the ‘typical’ self-mutilator but also the inability or refusal to recognize the biased nature of the medical discourse in the instance on self-mutilation.

Joe the hilarious Toronto Raver!
It's the attention. They love it when people ask "Awww did you cut yourself?" so they can say "yes I did I'm crazy, be my friend let me drink your blooooooooooooooooooooooooood."

artspu8
Rating
Because someone in their family doesn't want them to die, but they do. Instead of imediate suicide, they make it more slow. When you cut yourself, you loose blood right? When you don't have enough blood, you die. This is what emo people do. Freaky huh? Well, hope this helped.

Jenny R
people cut them selves because they get depressed other word for it is emo

Blue T
Rating
Superstition is pretending to know more than you do. I do not think anyone really knows, but is the person trying to cadge sympathy and attention? Is the person trying to blot out other pains, including psychological pains, by this course?

Not who you think ....
Its from anxiety and not having a good outlet. Most of the time it is merely an outlet for feeling they don't know how to deal with.

Venom
Rating
certain people who self harm are generally depressed and get a rush from the feeling of pain. especially for those with mental disorders, they find that pain is clarity amongst other things going on in their lives.
others may do it for some kind of religion or something...

I Love Sirus!!
Rating
Because their parents/gardians don't spend enough time with them. They want attention. They're emo. I know an ex emo girl. Her name is Beth. She's really nice. Very nice. I think she is a bit shy... They cry after all the cutting. Beth has stoped though..

lilacwren
Rating
to release pain felt within, it gives them some release albeit temporarily

Sexylicious_x
Rating
I take it you mean cut themselves as in intentionally.. Some people do it to relieve stress, they have a feeling inside their mind that cutting themselves will remove whatever stress related issues are causing them to do it. Some people do it for attention. Some do it just because the like the pain and adreniline and its kind of like they're drug.. Some people do it becasue they want to die and think cutting themselves will make them bleed to death .. there are many different reasons for people to want to cut themselves.

Hope this helps :)

Sharp R
Rating
depression.to make attention.to make selfcare and make loved one care for them.

nic h
a lot of people do it as a release. if they are stressed/mad/sad etc they don't have any other way of dealing with their emotions.
some people do it for attention, but you can't assume everyone does that.. for some people it's an addiction, like drinking or drugs.. they just can't stop

nathora
Rating
because they feel alot of pain and can't express it, also the thrill, emotion, feeling, and craziness.

olympics junkie
Rating
Because they don't know a better way of dealing with their feelings. Therapy is much more effective..

tbteddy64
Rating
It is usually teenage girls and it is really sad. They are troubled and do not think they have any value. It is a very serious problem and anyone doing it - even once really needs to get good counseling.

Stephen K
For some, it reaffirmed that they are alive, but in a rather destructive manner

Baby
to cover there true pains.

big_bad_wolf3456
Rating
It makes me feel loads better. I feel so....away and not concerned.
And it's not for attention, at leas tin most cases. Lots of people think it's for attention because they're retards that deserve to get shot in the balls.

majnun99
Endorphin is a natual pain-killer neurotransmitter released by the brain when someone gets injured.

Some depressed people notice that they feel better when they get the endorphin boost from cutting.

Courtney S
Rating
It takes away their emotional pain and fills it with physical pain.
It sounds really stupid. But that is why they do it.

dsrspring
Rating
to relieve stress, because they are in so much pain.

Mike
its some peoples way of letting out their emotions

nursenancy
Rating
Because of a mental disorder that makes me feel better if they do something destructive to themselves.

Some people cut because they feel desperate for relief from bad feelings. People who cut may not know better ways to get relief from emotional pain or pressure. Some people cut to express strong feelings of rage, sorrow, rejection, desperation, longing, or emptiness.

There are other ways to cope with difficulties, even big problems and terrible emotional pain. The help of a mental health professional might be needed for major life troubles or overwhelming emotions. For other tough situations or strong emotions, it can help put things in perspective to talk problems over with parents, other adults, or friends. Getting plenty of exercise can also help put problems in perspective and help balance emotions.

nurse nancy

Caitlin xx
Rating
because it's the only pain we can control.
what goes through my mind is that i just want to forget about the mental pain i'm going through.
no, it doesn't hurt. it makes you feel better. like, guess it stings sometimes, or if people grab your arm that hurts. but it doesn't hurt right when you do it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy