Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

My New Girlfriend is an Alcoholic! What should I do?
I have just found out that my new girlfriend of only 5 months is an alcoholic. I had know idea until this weekend when I found her totally drunk, dilerious and injured. It scared me like nothing in ...

I feat that i am going to hell?
and there isnt anything i can do about it. ifeel that lots of stuff that goes on around me is making my afterlife that much more horrible. is there a name for this kind of thinking? what can be ...

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

daisy-may =]
Why can't i stop skipping classes?
i just dont care about school anymore. i know when i dont go to class i'm going to get caught but i still do it. some times i just end up comming for one period. my mum knows i do it, and she gets very angry when the school calls her up everytime. we not close and fight over every little thing that happens. i cut myself sometimes and sometimes drink before i set of walking to school. i'm in this rewards thing at school but its not helping me i'm still skipping. i wanna stop becasue i'm 15 and failing every important class i have, i hate doing it but it makes me feel better, what can i do to stop , any ideas

i_am_french_lolz
Rating
talk with your teachers. say your having trouble concentrating. suggest making days more fun. maybe you have ADD. it just means your having trouble concentrating. get some mental tests done. you'll feel better!

jalbroven
Rating
smoke pot

Mohib J
Rating
go to a phyciatrist

manthatstrippy
Rating
Just think about it, if you dont go to school its hurting no one but you. your mom is angry at you probably because she wants you to be a winner. and drinking and cutting do nothing good either. you can really hurt yourself by doing that. so just get through the rest of the classes, and trust me, the reward after finishing is way better than skipping classes. ;)

the dark knight
dont worry pal,i often skip my classes,i`m 19 though...
try this,you go to class 5 days a week...if you go to school for 4 days ,you can cut the 1 day...do this for the first week,,,after some weeks change that 1 day to a half day...and finally you wont bunk your classes anymore

snowboarder
Rating
your in a habbit it only takes a few days to break a habbit so tell yourself i have to go everyday for three weeks this should set the habbit of going then you won't care about skipping

Hakimi H
Rating
you should know what happens in your live if you skipping class. education is so important in this world. so i think you should not skipping class again

Zack
Just go, it's not that hard...

Daniel
Rating
haha i used to have something like that where i would steal something from souvenir shops and loved the feeling of being a outlaw( i know, ahahaha)..but you just have to go to class.. dont think if i skip just one period today..that will **** up your whole approach

gib
Hello Daisy-May, I don't really know why you skip but I can sure tell you how you're going to end up and believe me, you won't like it. Been there. Done that. When you decide to graduate, you won't be able to because you won't have enough good credits. Then You'll decide, What the heck, I don't need that crap anyway. Then You decide to get a job but that little old Hamburger throwing job don't make it the way you want to live. Hey, what the hell, You,ll just get you another little old funkie job and another and another and so on. So now you're to a point of looking back and saying how stupid you were when you had the chance to finish your education and go on to a good job. Believe me I did it all just like I'm saying but later on I changed my way of looking at things and did go on to a little more education and make something of myself. It would have been a lot simpler to have gotten my education the first time it was offered to me. Good luck Daisie.

janay
Rating
school just gets boring.....

I love switchfoot too much!
Rating
Well this seems that this has become a habit for you now.Do you do this alone or do you have friends or so called friends that you do this with.If so,you need to find some better friends.You and I both know that you will fail if you skip almost every class.You're putting a bad reputation on yourself by doing this and if and when you graduate from that school, you'll be remembered as the girl who skipped every class.Do you want to be remembered that way?You and I both know that you want to be remembered as a good student.Well I would say that maybe you need to find out what is causing this.My highest suggestion for you would be to pray about this problem.GOD knows what you are doing and you can't hide it from Him. GOD is the only one that knows how to deal with this so pray to Him about this.Like I said,this has obviously become a very hard habit to break but it's not impossible though.Maybe the reason of why you and your mom don't get along is because you keep doing this.No parent would want to see their child do this.Have you tried talking to your school counselor.Have you even tried talking to anybody?Please stop cutting yoursef too.Cutting yourself doesn't solve anything and all it does is leave permanent scars on your body.I used to cut myself and in the long run,you find out that all you are doing is going to school with the scars and trying o hide them.When you first make the cut,you're thinking of how good it is making you feel at the time but afterwards,you deal with the effects.Cutting doesn't solve anything.Nothing at all.I hope that I helped or gave you some helpful or useful advice.GOD BLESS!

Beanthai
Listen,

I missed around 30-50 days a year in high school. It was easier because in my city, Chicago, we had off campus lunch and our school was so large that it wasn't obvious at first if you didn't show up.

However, I maintained by the end of my senior year over a 4.0 GPA with my advanced classes. Sure, I drank, partied, hung out with friends (who eventually dropped out) but in the end, after being caught I would buckle down for a while.

The important thing to remember is that no matter how hard things are between family life (I know I have had it rough) and the difficulty of school...there are thousands if not millions of other kids in our generation going through the same thing.

It's easy to think, well I've already missed 2 days this week, or I'm already running 10 minutes late...I'll just ditch. The longer you prolong this the more difficult it is to get back on track.

I learned the only way to stop is to just DO it. There's nothing else you can do. You must act now, as though your life depended on it because it does. When you hit college..if you are going, which I advise you do...you'll have a different outlook.

In college, you don't have anyone to tell you to come to class. The professors couldn't care less, and that really knocks you on your bottom. Especially if you are paying for it like me.

I suggest you go to see someone in your administration. Speak to them, they can speak to your teachers and let them know that you're having some personal difficulties with your life and choices. This way, your teachers are informed (privately of course) and you have a better chance of catching back up and turning in missed assignments.

Don't despair, it doesn't get easier, but you do get smarter and you will feel that your life is in your control. 4 years will go by faster than you know it :)

My mother and I still fight to this day!! But know that she wants the best for you, no matter how she expresses it. Our moms usually didn't get the best luck of the draw, and they only want something better for us. Friends won't always be there, I learned the hard way. Most of mine dropped out or have **** jobs.

wishesRfree
Rating
Since you don't mention other brothers or sisters, then I am going to view you as an only child. (nor do you mention your father) What do you get out of "skipping classes?" Are you bored with these classes? Teenage years are famous for teens vs parental guidelines/authority. You say you "cut yourself" -- this is a spiraling trend among depressed teens such as yourself---YOU are not alone in your struggle to construct a life for yourself. I am puzzled by the "rewards thing". Is that a special program for students who are having significant difficulties in maintaining their school status? That would help to know. As a seemingly impossible task -- going to school, tackling the objectives head on (that's hard for anybody, any age), IT can be done -- this is a challenge you can meet --IT can be WON! Are there Guidance Counselors at this school? Have you asked anyone for help? Or talked about it with someone who can be objective in their view of what is going on with you -- your mom is too close to you; believe it or not, she loves you beyond words and desperately wants you to have the best advantage when you begin your life. (and you need to start opening up with her, as you feel and see you can). Starting out by not graduating with some decent grades from High School only puts more obstacles in your way onto what ever it is that you aspire to. There is not now, nor have there ever been any human beings who did not have some challenges to overcome. I promise you, I do feel for you as I remember those years -- everything so imperative, at once!
The "cutting" (as I have thought about it -- THAT has hit my family). Anyway, it seems to me that a person is being weighed down with such emptiness/confusion/boredom, that in order just to feel, they inflict some type of physical pain on themselves. From the tone of your question, you sound Depressed. I don't mean just feeling low; but Clinical Depression. You need a good physical checkup with your family MD and some type of 12 step program (with a sponsor) sounds in order to me. It is just stunning to me that so many of the people -- into whose minds and hands -- the rest of us will be looking to for answers as we age, are completely lost, out of touch/focus with their direction in LIFE. You need specific one-to-one counseling. For you to be drinking, cutting on yourself, throwing a grenade on your academic future -- you've got some awfully heavy, angry, sad and lonely emotional baggage you are carrying around. Fifteen. 15 years out of how many more life-fulfilling experiences are waiting for you? Waiting ON you...to ask for the help you need. Do you have any kind of "network" or social group you hang out with? What are the things that inspire you? Do you get interested in sports, or are artistic releases, musical expressions what give you a lift?
You see, YOU are the one with the KEY (we all hold the KEY for our own lives); but when you are so low to the pavement that you can't see the tops of your shoes, then it's time some other measures were brought into the picture. NOW is the time to learn what "magic" YOU HAVE...What EMPOWERS YOU? (did you know you had any power?) Before you get any further down the rabbit hole, holler up there for someone to help pull you up. WE are in this LIFE for more than just getting our individual kicks out of it. WE are here for each other! YOU have a MIND. You are not your mind. So, use your mind. For out of it, you create your happiness and your misery. What you dwell on is what will come to pass (and I emphasize "pass" -- everything does). In the meantime, you are losing precious moments, days and nights, experiences and opportunities that are offered but once in a lifetime! This you cannot afford to do!
You don't mention going to any type of social gatherings, e.g., church, other organized activities for teens. You have stated that whatever is going on now is "not helping" you; therefore you must think of yourself as an explorer in an unknown territory (just as those you study about in History). Everything you need lies within you. Always REMEMBER THAT. I know it is scary, what kind of life are you going to make in this tumultuous world? You can't wait around for things to get better, for the price of gas and bread to go down, THIS IS YOUR LIFE. For better or worse (as you make it) you have it. In my heart, there is so much I have I want to say to you, to give you a good hug, listen to your pain, devise paths of Happiness and learn how to overcome the small pebbles we often find ourselves walking on, before they become gigantic boulders we can't even see over. EVERYONE has the some puzzle -- that is LIFE. And the older you get, the faster it seems to go. The teenage years are just hellish, I know. I had a very rough time, and frankly still do. Clinical Depression is a genetic issue. Maybe you don't know anyone in your family who has had to battle it -- you don't know how far back in the gene pool you have to go to find that out -- and that's not what you need to be doing. YOU CAN ONLY BEGIN FROM WHERE YOU ARE. Chart your course, just as Lewis & Clark did. You can learn to think differently, to view life differently, to choose different feelings, and true friendships -- people who can be counted on, who can be trusted; and that takes time. YOU are precious, so don't just throw in with just unproven anybody! I'll bet you could look at a certain set of kids and see them down the road, that if they didn't change their ways, you know where they will wind up. YOU DECIDE. You have the Power and the Creativity to make a your LIFE one that you look forward to everyday when you wake up. Excited by the challenges of the particular career YOU chose. Ask for the help you need and don't stop until you get it! The behavior you are exhibiting now is not going to take you to places you would choose to go. No, to stay on this course now, you already know how close to the edge you are, otherwise you would not have written in this question.
Going for you---YOU want to stop what's happening now -- the daily grind, formless pain and lost opportunities. Shake it off. Start exercising every day and don't let that part of you (the part that is driving you further down in that hole) take you down. That is one thing you can start right away. Don't have to join any leagues or run any marathons. Just start walking...each day, going a few steps further than the day before. (remember you're on an expedition and you fell into a rabbit hole, now it's time to start climbing out -- but not alone). We all need the unity that humanity does carry within themselves.
And no more drinking or cutting! Get yourself in shape! There's a part of your personality that the psychologists call the "parent" -- YOU can use that part of you to nurture and give you inner strength & guidance. Remind yourself to brush your teeth, take a shower, eat a good meal, three times a day -- just the way kids hate to hear their parents "nag" them about! The time is coming when you are going to have to use those skills on yourself. Begin NOW. What are you waiting for. There are many paths out there and you get to choose YOURS. What will it be? Sometimes when I have to make decisions (and oh I don't like that) I take paper and pencil and draw a line down the middle of the page and write PROS on one column and CONS on the other. That has often helped me to view the field objectively. You will find what works best for you. You are just beginning! OH, how I've thought "if only" (it's part of the human condition!). I am where I am, and as Abraham Lincoln said: "Bloom where you are planted."
You are where you are. To change that, YOU MUST FIRST CHANGE WHAT IS WITHIN YOU. Looking inside ourselves is not always pleasant, asking for help is almost beyond bearable -- but it is the WAY of creating your HARMONY, PEACE, FUN, EXCITEMENT, DISCOVERY & LOVE. YOU HAVE A PURPOSE -- others can help you find the needed connections, but you have to let them know when you are stumped. There's more to life than reading, writing and arithmetic. JUMP INTO LIFE, DON'T WAIT FOR IT TO DUMP ON YOU!!!!
You're in my heart and I only see SUCCESS!

Esther
It sounds like you are feeling numb to everything around you, which is why you are doing things that you know are harmful to you. I think you should talk with someone about cutting yourself. If you talk this through with a therapist or counselor, they may be able to help with medication or just "talk therapy". You have your whole life ahead of you!!

Cutter
Rating
its an addiction and addictions are very hard to break. it helps to talk to someone about your problem.

Kitty
Try talking to someone about this - either someone at school like a teacher that you like, or another adult you can trust. Maybe even your mom? Also, cutting and alcohol are serious. If not for school, than talk to someone about these issues for your own safety and well-being. You don't want to end up messing up the rest of your life over something that can be helped if you talk to someone about it now. If you don't feel like someone you can trust is around, try looking up any annonymous hotlines you can call for help. That way you can get advice when you need it, but you're not revealing your identity.
Finally, consider other things that may be driving you to not want to go to school. Are you bored because you're not being challenged? Maybe an alternative school is better for you - or maybe being home schooled, or getting your GED. Are you worried about something else? Alot of times something like skipping school isn't the problem, but the symptom of another problem. Are you worried about your looks? Do you feel lonely? Is there violence or other turbulence in your home? A lot of times, you'd be surprised at how much people around you who care about you want to help if they know what's going on. It sounds like school and your mom may be a good place to start.

lilshak_11
This issue is bigger than not wanting to go to school. You said you drink and cut yourself, you need to seek help speak to your mom if you can Im sure both of you want to work past this. Seems you have deep emotional issues seek help asap!

Momo
You really need to stop skipping and pay more attension to school if you ever wish to get into college. If your mother really loves you she should get you counceling and help, especially if you are cutting yourself. Don't cut yourself, please. It doesn't feel good, it doesn't release stress, all it does is harm you, and one day it may even kill you. It sounds to me like you are in a deppression and that you need to get help fast before you end up severely hurting or killing yourself. Be above the influence!

natasha
maybe you're not getting enough attention at home so you seek out any attention; cutting yourself is BAD and you need to talk to a counselor to sort out the real problem

mikeyvortex
Make more friends (good people though)
And get a therapist

Gabriella
PLEASE READ,

Okay you sound stunningly like me (except I would smoke weed or do coke, not drink,before school)

Anyway, it seemed like i had NO control over cutting class, i'd impulsively skip, then beat myself up when I got suspended and my parents would yell.
I'd stay home one day a week, loose all my focus, skip at least 2 days a week.

Anyway, long story short, I've recently been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which possibly explained my lack of interest in school (I mean, come on, i hated my life, my situation, math class wasnt exactly a concern you know)

And I cant wait to see if i do better this year with the medication...

Also, don't try to tell me i'm dumb skipping class, because I score in the 95-99 percentiles on the standardized tests they give us. . .and Level 5 out of 5 on the essay portions,every time i'm tested. They try to put me in accellerated classes and i just cant be bothered. Are you in a simular situation? a social worker told me i'm overbright and you could be , too.
I used to cut as well, so i feel for you..

So while I agree I was stupid to skip class, i am NOT stupid FOR skipping class.. I was just so disinterested, and to be honest, am dreading going back. I hope things work out for you and I... <3

Also, my suggestion to you is, DONT FALL BEHIND...
Its when i fall behind that i DONT CARE anymore.

good luck...

heymikey420
you need to get to the root of your problem, which means dealing with things your not gonna want to deal with. Also look at what you wrote and all the things your doing have 1 thing in common, they draw attention, drinking,ditching, cutting yourself, I'm no doctor but self-esteem sounds like part of your problem, Its easier to not go and fail then to go and fail and then everyone thinks your stupid too, but I can tell your not stupid because you said you want to stop all that which means you know what your doing is wrong, which also means that you have no excuse to fail because alot of people out there don't know whats right and whats wrong and most those people are dead, in jail or miserable scavengers dragging themselves through life. Just remember the only one who will help you is you, and life will wait for nobody no matter how wrong or unfair or bad things are for you(ahh life is so fun!) and you alone will have suffer those consequences. nobody can really just give you some ideas to help you go to school other wise hulk hogan already said it just say your prayers and eat your vitamins, you know what I mean, thats no help, you have to just see the light, or the bigger picture and that is not something someone will tell you, its is something you will just realize, and then wonder why you didn't realize that before. Have you heard someone say where do you want to be in 5 years?, for me I had to rephrase that question to where do I NOT want to be in 5 years? to really think about things. there is no real answer only what helps motivate you to want to better yourself. and with that I am sure that I haven't helped you at all, so my job is done here so good luck and never give up on yourself

bugsbunny_517
you sounds really depressed, i think you need to talk to someone, like a counselor or a therapist, you can hangout in the school counselor's office and avoid classes and tell them how you feel so they can help you or get you help, you're mom sounds like a bit of a hot head so maybe talking to her won't get you anywhere but counselor can help alot and also your primary care physican can refer to someone for your problems so make a doctor's appt soon

[[♥]]Ebz.
Rating
only YOU can make yourself go.
it's called truancy.
either go to class
or your mother might end up in jail

gerogia_peach
your making this into an addiction you think you can't stop.you should start thinking about your future and think to yourself where is my life taking me do you really want to live like this forever maybe all the skipping and drinking is whats getting you so depressed to cut yourself start from scratch make yourself promises have goals join a sport or something at school that really interests you stop slacking because you sooner or later have to get used to nothing being easy maybe right know you don't care about the future but its still gonna happen i know it will be hard but do it for your mom and yourself

Dark
Ok, your main problem isnt skipping school. If you find out wats causing it, youll stop. Notice that u drink almost everyday before you go to school. your 15. DONT DRINK!!! STOP!!! if you keep doing this, it makes ur body funtion different than before. and, if u and ur mom arent close,. becoming more close will help, because then you can ask her for help. From wat u said, ur mom would kill u in ur currnt state. And, try to think about other things when ur class isnt important, but optional. And, other times, when its essential, listen, and try ur best. I WANT to skip, but i know its bad for my life, and healh, becuase during school, alot of "gangstas" hang around forcing ppl to do drugs or drink. Hope this helps!!

stephanie
i had the same exact problem when i was around somewhere around your age. i hated class and i would pretend to go and end up cutting and getting in trouble for it. to stop cutting it really all has to do with your willpower. for me? i stopped cutting when i was supposed to have been graduated and i didn't and i only had like 1/2 the credits that i needed. i stopped chillin as much and as late and took more time in my studies and actually going/paying attention in class. you can do it if you really put your willpower into it and not let it be influenced by peers or the side of you that tells you it's boring and stupid.

Mandy
Rating
you need to grow up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy