Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

Does anybody think it's weird that I have imaginary friends?
I have four imaginary friends. I have a lot more real friends, but I prefer my imaginary ones. My mom hates them because I talk to them more than I talk to her. Is this weird??? I'm actually ...

What could this be???
I'm 13. I get bored really easily, and I get depressed even easier. I've cut myself several times out of being depressed, and even more odd, I drank the blood. I can't stand smiling in ...

No friends, never had relationship, anti-social, heavy depression, and miserable. 21 years old?
i have a major issue. i'm 21 and i have NO friends, and i've never even had a relationship with a woman. as you can imagine, my days are BORING as crap. i usually stay online for unhealthy ...

Christians (or anyone who won't diss my religion) - please help me - I am suicidal.?
okay so i will give you a little background.

i have depression, anxiety, especially of social situations, and i am a self harmer.
this week i went to soul survivor, a christian camp ...

How to ask the doctor if i have a depression issue? Im kinda nervous and embarresed what do ya think?

What's your phobia?
I have a fear of hospitals, anything clinical, needles you name it.
Also sirens and ambulaces.
What's your phobia?...

How can I relieve stress?

Do You Guys Think That I'm Weird?
At parties when it is time to go I just quietly disappear. Tip-toe on out without saying a word. It's kind of strange I guess. Do you think I'm weird?...

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
i've had plenty, but i'd like to hear some of yours!...

Do you think this is strange?
EVERYDAY at 9:11 am/pm i look at the clock.......i think this is really weird..........what could be causing me to do this?
Additional Details

Why am i not very smart?
i struggle to keep up with people and people think i look normal because i am goodlooking. Why is it that i am dumb is my brain stuffed or what
Additional Details

Please help.. i'm feeling suicidal..?
i'm 18, i've been feeling down and depressed for a few months now and it won't go away..

it seems to me the only way out is to end it all..

i confided in a ...

Candy
Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an error

ckm1956
Rating
Partly because some people post without thinking.

crct2004
The funny thing is that only until recently did spelling become an issue. It did not matter in the past, words were written phonetically. I know people with genius IQs who can't spell for beans. Spelling is not so much a sign of intelligence as a sign of puritanical up-tightness and superiority. To correct someone is rude and shows a real lack of manners, which I think are more important than spelling.

dee j
Rating
oh I get the same thing, it stuns me, when I get enough nerve to post a question, then i read the nastiness of replys, calling me awful names,yes , wish I could be as perfect as they think they are, I deleted my last question over "BILL" someboby hurting my feeling

Midnight Rambler
Rating
They ain't got the brian power to figure out good, intelligent answer so they resort to all they know - FU*K ALL!

p.s. who's Brian?

Fantasia
Rating
There is need to sometimes.......not mean to be rude or something.

yabyum11
Because they have nothing better to do, just feel sorry for them.

mancunian_nick
Rating
Someone else has already posted a question along the same lines as yours. Try doing a search for spelling errors. I don't really want to repeat myself over and over again but let's just say it shows a state of mind and/or a level of education, or lack of. We're not talking about the odd typo as everyone does that from time to time but the overall lack of punctation, grammar and basic English that many people sadly show on here.

I am one of those who believe that what someone says is more important than the way they say it but I can understand why people react the way they do sometimes.

Marrianne
Don`t worry about it, some people are just sad!!!

Perseus
They are pedants. Some of them will be paedophiles as well, because it is very childish.

michelangelo
Most of the replies I notice are turning the argument against the people who wish to see good spelling. There is a principle at stake here. It is'nt about the odd mistake, we all do that. It is about consistently bad grammar and spelling which is rife in here.
Why do something wrong when it is easier it do it right?
How can you expect to be understood if you cannot even communicate properly? The standard of English on these forums is appalling. Where the hell are we heading when our young people cannot spell simple words?
It's no good all getting on your high horses....if it's wrong it's wrong. If you were asked to paint a door white would you paint it brown? No, of course you would'nt. What the hell were you doing at school instead of learning to spell and write correctly.?

♥fluffykins_69♥
think its more irritating to some, that things are spelt wrongly and theres a spell checker ready for use

kevin h
Rating
NEEVER SPEILT AA RONG WOORD YEIT

Boopie
Rating
Usually when they have nothing else negative to say to you, they bring out the spelling errors. No one should be so mean on this topic, the mentally ill people deserve better than that.

Grannygrump
Rating
Yes we do make mistakes and sometimes when one is typing quickly its easy to make a mistake. Yes there is spell check but you are right it doesn't always pick up the wrong usage or spelling of a word. Don't worry keep on enjoying answers and meeting the nicer people that join in. As for ridicule it is just another name for bullying!

Fleur de Lis
Rating
They are unhappy people, who take pleasure at making fun of others to make them selves feel better.

Barking mad
Rating
How can you possible go through life being unable to spell. How will you get a job, who will employ you, other than Burger King. All you who say 'it does not matter,' should know better, it does matter. Anyway poster, you did ok with the question, 10/10.

Bethany
Rating
Please don't let this bother you. These people may think they're helping you, but if you find it annoying just remember no one is perfect and what one person considers an important issue may not be what you consider important. Just relax and keep on expressing yourself in the manner that is most comfortable for you as long as the message is clear.

?
It makes them feel better if they point out an error instead of actually addressing the real problem or question presented. Kind've shows their own mentality I'd say.

the Juggernaut
Rating
Because they have a problem with themselves and just look for anything to put someone else down so they can feel better about themselves.

grindandflash
It depends on what spell checker you use. If you use an American one, you will always get wrong answers. At some point in time someone in the states decided that it would be a great idea to actually teach their students a completely different language from English. It sounds similar but is in fact nothing like it.

crazybtch669
I agree!!! We're all on here trying to find out answers to problems or questions....not learn proper grammar.

After all...this is YAHOO ANSWERS, not YAHOO SPELL CHECK.

Thank you girl...I'm totally with you on this one.

Jerrysberries
Because people are, in general, not nice. It'd be a simple thing for a person to overlook some minor errors, but there are those that would rather take the time to point them out.

Andrew B
Just know they are trying to make them self look smart. In this forum don't let it bother you.

koolkatt
Don't worry about it girly. Some people love to point out others mistakes. I have to say though some questions can be very difficult to understand if it is posted with major spelling errors. But if it is just a simple mistake I don't see why people have to get on their high horse and point it out, they probably don't have an answer for the question so do that instead. You should pity them really.

Clarkie
Rating
I can only speak personally on this issue.
I rarely correct the spelling of an individual word - as you say, we all make occasional mistakes.
Where I get crazy is when people misspell with intent, To wit:
"Y cant i git 2 hott guyz to want 2 B wit me wot duz that mene?"
Whatever that is, and its catching on, just annoys me. I am in dread fear of the intelligence of our young people, and seeing them go out of their way to misspell words makes me feel that we're doomed.

larryjhere
I think that "some people" point out spelling errors because us "old farts" see the effects of ineffectual education, and the effects that it has on our economic well being. Jobs going to China, India, - almost all reasonably developed countries. It's sad to see this happening...

As far as ridiculing, when I do it, it's for the humor effect, I suppose. Spell check is NOT a cure-all...

rodjryder
Rating
Spelling is very important tool of society, it shows intelligence. We can not help what a machine recognizes as correct or not. That is why we are schooled in spelling which is a major part of the hardest language on the Planet (English). Take for example scene - Sean- seen all are correctly spelled but each means something different and that would give your communication skills a bad response from someone. We all have the ability to learn good communication skills. It just takes practice. Don't take criticism poorly when it is meant to teach and help you.

LEO61
we spell colour,humour and several other words different to Americans. take no notice of idiots that ridicule. luv u all.

etherberg
Rating
Corrections should not be made in public, they're humiliating...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy