Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Why can't I just snap out of it?
I am very sensitive and get depressed easily. I feel empty as I lost my boyfriend and my job. I just want to snap out of it and start better care of myself. I just know don't know how. My ...

How can i love this baby when the father has made me feel so worthless?

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

Is self-harm a selfish act?
What if no one knows or very few know?
Additional Details
"but one does one personally gain by harming themselves?"
It&#...

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

Is piercing a form of self injury?
I was just wondering your thoughts and feelings on this subject. If a person pierces themselves with a safety pin or thumbtack, do you think this is a form of self harm?...

Are you scared of death??

nataleec
Where would I go to get a lobotomy?
I am bored with abstract thought and long for a simpler less confusing life. Who would I talk to about getting a lobotomy?

ceprn
Republican National Committee... or any fundie church.

gun man
Rating
talk to the end of a 12 ga.

berkeleygirl
Wow, that's a little drastic isn't it???!!!! LOL

tootsie45414
Rating
If you really want a lobotomy, then I am sure your friends would like the same thing. They might help you there.

ziz
Rating
"Today, lobotomies are used often to treat epilepsy, and those such as the amygdalotomy use drills to create a hole in the head."

jegreencreek
Sigmund Freud would be glad to make arrangement for you or if he is not available a Dr. Mengle would be able to help.

lisa46151
Rating
Dr. Frankenstein...he lives in Transylvania (sp?) oh...wait...thats Dracula.....

nora r
Rating
You are halfway there already;)

~Wild*Kitty~
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

S
Rating
A brain surgeon.

sarahchristinejenne
Rating
Go to 1945.

IWIU
I don't think they do that anymore, but maybe they do.

That is a terrible thing, any doctor that does that will have to answer to God, and pay a terrible penalty.

bronx
Well you could have approached Dr. Walter Jackson Freeman II (November 14, 1895 – May 31, 1972), however unfortunately he is dead.
He was a physician, born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, graduate of Yale and the University of Pennsylvania Medical School, advocate and very prolific practitioner of psychosurgery, specifically lobotomy. He performed 3,439 such procedures, but his biggest "contribution" was to popularize the lobotomy as a legitimate form of psychosurgery. A neurologist and psychiatrist without surgical training, he initially worked with several surgeons, including James W. Watts. He and Watts performed the first procedure in 1936, and Freeman continued to work with other surgeons and subsequently alone until 1967, when the death of a patient ended his career.

Frustrated by his lack of surgical training and seeking a faster and less invasive way to perform the procedure, Freeman invented the "ice pick" or transorbital lobotomy, which quite literally used an ice pick hammered through the back of the eye socket into the brain; Freeman was able to perform these alone, often in a few minutes. Though Freeman did initially use an ice pick for these operations, he later utilized an instrument created specifically for the operation called a leucotome. In 1948 Freeman developed a new technique which involved wrenching the leucotome in an upstroke after the initial insertion. This procedure placed great strain on the instrument and often resulted in the leucotome breaking off in the patient's skull. As a result, Freeman designed a new, stronger instrument, the orbitoclast.

Freeman embarked on a national campaign in his van which he called his "lobotomobile" to "educate and train" surgeons working at state-run institutions. According to some, institutional care was hampered by lack of effective treatments and extreme overcrowding, and Freeman saw the transorbital lobotomy as an expedient tool to get large populations out of treatment and back into private life. Critics contend that Freeman was a sociopath who greatly enjoyed lobotomizing people.

Freeman's most notorious operation was on the ill-fated Rosemary Kennedy, who was permanently incapacitated by a lobotomy at age 23.

The urban legend that Freeman operated on actress Frances Farmer has been conclusively disproven: the author who initially alleged this admitted in a court proceeding that he had made it up, Farmer's medical records show she was never operated on while institutionalized, and Freeman biographer Jack El-Hai (The Lobotomist), who had access to Freeman's patient records, found no reference to Farmer whatsoever.

Though Freeman has been pilloried for his tendency toward self-aggrandizement and the fact that he lobotomized so many people, some of his patients remained life-long friends and thanked him profusely for allowing them to return to relatively productive and peaceful lives. However, the procedure was highly controversial at the time and has only become more so in intervening years.

With the advent of antipsychotic drugs, notably Thorazine, in the mid-1950s, lobotomy fell out of favor as a treatment, and Freeman saw his reputation crumble quickly. His license to practice medicine was revoked when a patient he was lobotomizing died. He continued to drive cross country in his "lobotomobile" to visit his former patients until his death from cancer in 1972.
If you are bothered by confusing thoughts anti psychotic drugs have the same effect as a lobotomy and are much less invasive. I prefer risperidone

Dan S
The ancient Egyptians used to perform prefrontal lobotomies to cure headaches. They would take a long needle and insert it into the brain from a point right next to the eyeball near the nose. They would then wiggle it back and forth breaking the synaptic connections thus destroying the person’s memory, and sometimes the cause for the headache.

Wide scale electro-shock therapy could create the same result, as it would burn out your memory. There are also some psychiatric drugs that in strong (massive) enough doses could cause memory-paralyzing effects.

I hope you enjoy your life as a vegetable. So either do it yourself or find a mad doctor who will adminster the electro-shock or give you the drugs.

amuse4you
Rating
Oh heck, why settle for a lobotomy -- why not find some neurosurgeon overseas who will give you a brain transplant?!!

I dunno -- there's lots of non-thinking people running the world right now, why don't you contact one of the warring factions and ask them where they got theirs?

dancer_486
the doctor. duh

xx_dragonz_xx
try Zyprexa instead or Lithium
ask doc 4 furhter information

duckky44
MY WIFE SHE WOULD KNOCK YOUR BRAIN OUT OF YOUR HEAD WITH A BAT THAT WOULD DO IT

Lupin IV
Im sure China still does them. Some South american Doctor might do anything for money as well.

iam_kanadian
i`ll do it for a dollar and a good jug of wine....

TMLeaf Fan
Have you tried Costco/Price Club..they probably sell gift packs...unfortunately, you have to buy them in sets of three. Failing that, go to Home Depot and buy a "do it yourself" pack. I am sure they have those Saturday morning sessions on how to do it yourself.

twinklecomfort
The Butcher Shop, the one on 25th and Main - you know the one! Go on today they're got a special - "Buy one lobotomy - get 10 lbs of hamburger free - to carry home with you!

thomasrobinsonantonio
There is a 'Do-it-Yourself' kit on 'Buy Now' on EBay. It costs £22.50 including postage and packing. My friend Paddy, tried to tell me how easy he found it, but I could not make out all the words. It is a well known reputable company run by an Eastern European from Albania. Apparently, the hardest part is keeping the blood out of your eyes...............

barebodystone
Rating
Lobotomies R us.

scary g
Rating
Become a US Senator.

Craig N
Rating
Thats the stupidist thing I have ever heard.

|
Home Depot...get yourself a power drill and save on medical bills.

staisil
Rating
I hear Hannibal Lecter has an opening! He likes his brains served with a little Chianti!!!!

Doctor What?
I know this guy down the street who does it for cheap

Edthescienceguy
Lobotomy's-R-Us

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy