Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do I tell my parents that I cannot go back to school yet?
I just had Christmas break and I fly back to school tomorrow. They recently told me that they noticed that I was depressed and that they were worried. They said that I shouldn't go back yet and ...

Is this considered child abuse?
i am 13 yrs old
my mom calls me bad words, slaps me across the face, throws me out of the house, and yells at me all because i haven't cleaned my room
i cry and feel depressed after ...

Where would I go to get a lobotomy?
I am bored with abstract thought and long for a simpler less confusing life. Who would I talk to about getting a lobotomy?...

What is wrong with me?
I am sad all the time. I dont like to do anything i used to do... or anything at all i dont even want to skateboard and a few months ago it was all i ever did and i am allways turning down ...

Should people with mental illness or addiction have children?
So you think it is morally and ethically correct for someone with a mental illness or an addiction to have children, when there is a chance they could pass on the trait/tendancy to this illness to ...

Why do people cut themselves?
on tv you hear about teenagers cutting themselves. why do they do it?...

What do you fear the most??

What do I do when I wish I was dead and I'm only 15?
Since I'm pretty healthy, one side of my family lives to be realllly old, and medical technology is increasing, that means I have who knows how many years! Like 80! Every day I wish so bad I was ...

Is life always so f**ken hard?
in june 2007 i was raped as a male it was very hard 4 me 2 cope. life has only got harder will it get any better who has a bad time living??? can we pull through
Additional Details

Am I depressed?
Constant breakdowns. Afraid i'll never find happiness. I'm the lonliest person, super sensitive. Mother is bi-bolar unaware of how much she hurts me. parents are super strict.divorced. Not ...

I keep having suicidal feelings why do i feel this way how do i get it to stop an leave me alone forever?

Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?...

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Maggie May
When you're tired but you know you won't be able to sleep?
You know you wont be able to go to sleep, because too much on your mind. what is your solution?
Additional Details
i'm sleepy now.....i think from looking at the computer.....i've tried some of these suggestions already and can tell you pills do work ut you must get at least 8 hours sleep or you will drag all day.

and you cant just "clear" you head on will power.

newstart162
Rating
take in deep breathes. call a friend to chat about everything on your mind to relieve your stress. then read, reading makes people tired...and more smart

zachleez
Rating
ambien!!!! :) works for me everytime

i dont know, google it.
Rating
i watch tv

Lily C
Hello,

This happens to me all the time, what you have to do is try to clear you mind of every thing(just relax) then right befor you go to bed watch some T.V. I know it sounds crazy but it works!!

sisternvirginia
-natural sleep aid melatonin

Digz
Rating
I hate when that happens, Just take a nice cool shower before bed and drink a glass of warm milk. Good luck!
Try to clear your mind and forget all your problems tonight, at least for a couple of hours.. Think to yourself, "No problems"

Christina H
If you want to go a more conventional method than sleep aides, try counting down from one hundred or petting a pet or just staring at something until your mind eases away from whatever it is that you're thinking about.

rockprincess4ever♥
Rating
i just start from 100 and count backwards. and then i end up falling asleep without knowing it.

melissa
i just turn on my ipod and start listenning to music. It works for me.

Julia B
Ohh, i have the exact same problem.
Theres a number of things that I try:
1. take a couple Gravol, it makes you really sleepy that you cant really think
2. listen to soft music
3. read a REALLY boring book.
4. watch some TV to get your mind off anything else
5. lie down, make sure you're comfortable, and count really slowly to 1000. usually im asleep by like 30 :)

good luck!!

The Village Oxymoron
Rating
Drinking warm milk usually helps. If you don't like the taste of microwaved milk alone, add in either honey or hot chocolate mix. Reading helps, too, but make sure it's not a book that you are actually interested in, because you'll end up staying up all night until you finish it, trust me, I've done THAT a few too many times. If all else fails, stare at the ceiling until your eyes get really tired.

t webster
I try to read something that will take my mind off the things that are bothering me. I also play a game on my cell phone sometimes. Good Luck!!!
TJ

iloveredgrapesandchocolate
Rating
just try to relax your body. your mind may continue going crazy, but you'll fall asleep.
sometimes i drink some water.

¯°¯¯°¯ §ωōōz£έ ¯°¯¯°¯
Rating
I read until I get sleepy. If I can't sleep, well at least it takes my mind off of worrying about stuff.

ethan
sleeping medicane perscription or non
lay down watch a movie
write down whats on your mind
if you are losing a lot of sleep see a psychologist its really important

________
A few shots of whiskey and a good movie.... 20 min in, im too tired to stay awake.

Jennie B
Rating
I sit and think a lot. I sometimes get into bed early just so I can reflect on the day and the days coming a little, then my future and things like that. Eventually I fall asleep.

deshane2530
Rating
I have the same problem. I just try to do something I like to do or maybe a little housework to get tired. It helps a little. But my pills help the most.

elise_flowerchild
Rating
Ooh, I am known as the master of sleeping well, so if you're one of those who "thinks" too much before sleeping, try to do some meditating. You are stressing too much before you go to sleep, so clear your head of all thoughts. If meditation does not work, try dreaming up a relaxing spot where you wish you were: the beach, a beautiful meadow, moutaintop, etc. If those don't work, try reading, watching TV, or listening to music until you feel a little more relaxed.

Ms. B
You can try reading while in bed, that makes me sleepy.

Stephanie
When that happens to me I just get up and play some video games or watch TV...also it depends on whats on my mind. If its stuff that I need to buy I make a grocery list and get that all out of my head. If that doesn't work try some soothing music or sleeping pills, lol.

Joe Canada
Go for a run. It will help clear your mind and make you tired physically.

chingon
Rating
stop thinking about stuff. or a warm glass of milk will help

╔►La La◄╝
i have the same problem i try my best to not think about it and make my mind blank...sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesnt..
its annoying isnt it?? gosh i hate that. but i refuse to take sleep medication.
goodluck on finding a solution :)

Alvaro R
Take some sleeping meds or take a nice warm bath after going to bed after that take a glass full of warm milk with a little sugar or no sugar.

Austin A
Rating
i watch tv and think wow im gonna get up pretty early in the morning and then i go to sleep

Jen
Rating
this may sound strange..put some tennis shoes on and go out and run around your block as fast as you possibly can until you can't run anymore..take a shower..put on clean clothes..and then get in bed..you'll be suprised...

stephy
I put on white noise. Maybe a fan, or a cd of a rainforest.
They can be very comforting.

anjlbeing
I had a night like this. I didn't know I wouldn't be able to go to sleep, but get this...I layed down at 10:30, and got in and out of bed many times before I finally fell asleep about 5 AM. If I could have talked with a friend about what was on my mind, I could've slept. If you can't do that, write down what you are feeling. It helps every time. By the way, I tried to take a Klonopin to help me fall asleep, but even that didn't work. When I didn't have so much on my mind, I took one before I took a nap, so I could see if it was because the medicine didn't work well for me, or if it was the pressing thoughts on my mind. It knocked me out when I was more clearheaded, so I wouldn't recommend meds. You have to deal with the matter at hand.

luv2bagrl
Rating
turn on fan , and lie under it. think about stuff u like

excito
Rating
Keep your bedroom separate & free of every-day home activities ie. (TV, video games, things that involve being awake). Try to use your bed only to sleep. A dark, quiet room, or anything that has a constant sound (fan) help trigger your natural saratonin (sleep hormone). There is also a natural herb called "Valerian Root" to calm the nerves. It has roughly the same chemical structure as Valium. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy