Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I just quit smoking 13 hours ago...HELP?
I quit smoking 13 hours ago...and im so figidity....and my hands are shaking...and im breaking out in sweats. i smoked a pack a day for about 2 years....been smoking for 10 years...its the first ...

What might this dream mean?
Every so often I have a dream that I'm getting ready to go to a formal dance. I never go with my husband (sometimes in my dream I don't think we're married or I even know him). In ...

Judging by my Q's and A's... am I insane???
I really don't know. maybe I'm seriously bored or something similar. who knows?...

Why so rude?????
I was just wondering if anyone truly new why so many people in this world today have to be so rude and inconsiderate to others.People with children i could only imagine what there life will be ...

How do I help my 18 year old daughter with bp make friends?
My daughter is 18 and stable on meds but has a hard time making friend she always thinks people think the worst of her or. Or she gets very nervous around them and they don't want to be around ...

Haveing very suicidal thoughts?
I feel that i am at the end of my rope.
how do i get them out of my head?

really need some words or maybe someone to talk to

Do you also have people in your hair?
Do you also have people in your hair?
they live right up by your head and you can all the time hear them talking. my friend said that she heard hers once but she probly wasnt serious. i know u ...

How do I control anger??
I have been to counciling and have figured out many things, but I still have this anger lingering. How do I get rid of this??...

Not able to sleep at night, anyone please help?

Please Help! I don't know what's wrong!?
Well... I don't really know where to go to anymore. since I was 12, ( so for two years now ) I get these (seemingly random) 'waves' of...depression? It's like I don't even ...

I'm having terrible problems with anxiety. Who do I get help from, a counselor OR a physciatrist?
I'm going through a seperation and am barely making it by doing my daily routine. My heart has been about to jump out of my chest for days. I just need to know what type of a professional to ...

It would be too akward to straighout ask, so...?
what should i write in a note to my parents asking to get therapy?

i feel like i'be been depressed on and off (weeks or days at a time)for about 8 months. i just feel like talking ...

Co-Codomal?
I took 8 co-codomals and didnt die, can someone explain to me what is ahppening in my body right now form a scientific point of view?...

Do you ever wonder if you are the only one in the world and everything and everyone else is just make believe?
i am on medication for depression and i am feeling really quite good a the moment but lately i am at a stagem of what if this is all not real and if everything is just make believe in maybe my own ...

Depression, is it created from nature or nurture?
My heart tells me its from nature and my head says to me it's from nurture (or lack of).

Can there ever be a definite in this ?...

Should i admit myself to the state hospital??
im fwwling very suicidal/homicidaal and i feel like i should but im drunk and my gf said shed break up w me if i go cuz ive been there alot i dunno wat to dko ne more????...

Plz dont yell at me?
Plz dont yell at me but i know crash dieting is BAD but i did it anyway and now well i kinda think im well.....anorexic. I started donin it the begining of July. I was verry over weight 220 and i am 1...

Suicidal people...?
has any other suicidal person actually had dreams in which they've killed themselves, or attempted it? or is your suicidality completely limited to when you're awake? (if that makes sense) ...

Is 89 lbs fat?
i am 16 yrs old and i weigh 89 lbs.my height is 5'1 am i fat .i always feel fat and when i look in the mirror i feel fat what do you ...

My doctor gave me six months to live?
When I couldn't pay the final bills he gave me another six months. Does this seem odd to anyone?...

E14
Whats wrong with my body?
I feel very light almost weightless and when I look at my arms the rest of my body especially when I move them it feels as if Its not me hard to explain. I can feel everything still have all my senses but it feels as if Im not part of my own body or im just watching. Like when I move my arm it just looks like Im watching a movie in first person but I can control this body and feel everything. Yet my body feels as light as a feather than before when I could fully feel my self against the pressure of the air it seems as I am loosing touch with reality, drowzy or high and drifting away from my own body. What is this? Im constanly pinching myself to asure me im still here and not dreaming even but I can feel the pinching pain and my clothes its hard to explain but I certainly dont feel the same it feels good but its also weird freaking me out. Dont smoke dont drink btw
Additional Details
Not high but I have had depression for a long time cant cry no more and anything can make me jump (heart race) catch my attention.

mr piri piri
Rating
Hate to tell you this but................Your Dead!!!!! yup same thing happened to me last year, one hundred percent sure, you my son are as dead as a DODO.

1hotmama
Rating
You should see a doctor immediately....it's NOT normal or common I'm sure to feel that way. Maybe there is something contaminating the air in your home. Please see a doctor ASAP!

nOobhawb
I would see a doc. You might have something neurological going on.

If you've done drugs in the past it might have damaged a part of your brain. I would see someone ASAP.

Jane Eyre
Are you......a spaceman?

karen b
get checked out by your doctor as soon as you can.

until then, make sure you aren't dehydrated - don't drink loads of fluids all at once though - take little and often, preferably water.

xsceneshaker
im no doctor, but you might have a serious iron deficiency or a major nerve issue.
or maybe there might be something in the air at home (arsinic, maybe) that is making you feel this way

i don't know how old you are, but GET MEDICAL HELP IMMEDIATELY.
this is serious, it might be killing you.

Dawn R
Rating
Dissociative Identity Disorder.It used to be called multiple personality disorder. You feel disconnected from your body and sometimes I feel like my arms have switched places even though I see that they are in the right places. Let me ask you,have you ever been sick one minute then feel fine the next when something triggers you to be well at the time but as soon as the moment is over you are just as sick as you were before? I cannot tell you that it is easy to treat because its so very hard for anyone in the mental health field to accept much less diagnose this. Many times you will get missed diagnosed and bombarded with many different meds and some will tell you the diagnosis isn't what is important because its the treatment that matters but the treatment does depend on the diagnosis. I have so many questions for you but I don't want to crowd any one else out so maybe you can email me

Lefty
Rating
What your experiencing is called depersonalisation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Take a deep breath. It's normally nothing physical, it's just mental, It can't kill you or anything, so don't freak out.

Go on monday to see your GP and explain yourself, you might even want to print out the wiki page just in case.

Some people experience this only for a couple of hours or days. However your GP might put you on anti-anxiety drugs.

EDIT:

by the way, don't listen to most of these fools on here, they are trying to freak you out telling you your about to die or have a serious medical condition, which you don't.

J
Rating
it could be depersonalisation,

its what your mind does in times of extreme stress, it basicly tries to remove you (mentally) from the situation and does so by leaving you feeling like your not really here, like your sort of dreaming.

Its a symptom of a bigger problem you are not able to cope with and my best advice would be to go get some help to deal with everything, or things could get harder to deal with in the long term.

lovely lady
I'm not sure but it kinda sounds like anxiety...

misslawyer5461
I had those exact same symptoms in october. I was kind of scared! with me it was because I had been staying up too late and drinking too many energy drinks. I stayed like that for about a week and then actually felt like myself again. I'm not sure if its the same thing, but if you have been lacking sleep, then try to get 8hours every night and drink 8 glasses of water too. Good Luck and I hope you feel yourself again soon. I do not smoke or drink either x

Pegasus90
Rating
Check out hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Could be the problem.

L.G.
Rating
It's called "dissociation" (as in disassociation) and it can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the body/brain because of lack of proper nutrition or dehydration; or it can be a sign of some undiagnosed illness (mental or physical).

If you think you might be dehydrated, don't try to drink too much water; just drink a small amount frequently. And go take a tub bath; your skin will absorb more moisture into your body than will drinking too much water too fast or too often.

I suggest making an appointment with you internist ASAP. And, in the meantime, keep a journal of when and what you eat and drink and what sensations you experience and when you experience them. Share the journal with the internest and any other health care professional you may visit as you explore this.

bri b
okay go to a doc. are u high did u eat anything. may be ur just sick. but i recomand to see a doctor

xxdevilessxx
Rating
Are you upset or feeling alone in anyway.

I get that feeling when I get too hot, angry, upset or depressed.

I also do it to withdraw from the world when people are anoying me and stuff. Hard to explain.

I can watch myself in do things and take a nap as my body still continues. Sometimes I black out if I'm 'gone' from my body for too long. I can cut out certain sounds or certain peoples voices. Like if a train was going past I could block out the sound completly. I know what you mean but I can 'control' mine.

Hellyeah.
Did you sleep on your arm and then wake up, because when you do that it slows downt he circulation and you can't feel your arm of whatever part of the body it is, it does return shortly after you've noticed it, but you think it's not your body.

El Nino
Ur not eating enough, or drinking. Drink 2 litres a day. Begin with a glass in the morning, right when u wake up. Thatll make u want to drink the rest of the day. And make sure u have 5 meals a day. One in the morning, then a snack in 3 hours, then a big meal 3 hours after that, then a snack, and then a big meal again. And eat healthy. Try no more sodas and junk food. U'll feel a lot better. Good luck?

Elizabeth
That is strange. Maybe you should see a doctor or a therapist. It sounds like you have some sort of body disassociation disorder.

Adrianne♥'su
I say go to a nutritionist, a doctor (for sure!), and/or a therapist. I sort of get what u mean, just be careful and take care of urself!

giddy
Rating
If you are not high, you need to see a Doctor urgently.

LionA
It sounds like depersonalisation. Are you having panic attacks or a severe depression, or any other kind of such problems at the moment? Are you taking any medication?

I personally experienced this a couple of years ago when I was suffering from panic attacks and anxiety, and like you I was very sensitive to noise. You have to take care of yourself, get lots of rest and recover. It took me about 4 months.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy