Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Self obsessed?
iv just asked a question,' make me smile' because i feel really down, and someone said that im shallow ans self obsessed! that just made me feel worse, am i shallow and self obsesses?? iv ...

I have been hurting my self..?
i understand how dangerous this is and how stupid people may think i am. i have been cutting for 2 years now and its almost what i do to cope. my parents are divorced and have moved on. my dad is ...

Im bored, and fed up with life, any ideas to get out of my rut??

Suicidal depression.?
I'm going to just cut right to the chase.

I'm 16 years of age and have suicidal thoughts on a consistant basis. I feel worthless and unwanted. I feel like if I died tomorrow no ...

Why does she do this?
I have a friend who has two children. She is very intelligent and articulate - generally liked by everyone. She is also a very good mother. But she never, ever lets anyone into her house. Last week, I...

Diagnose me please?
In bed at 5.30 pm on my laptop til the early hours.
Very irritated by my family
Very irritated with myself
Paranoid
Lonely
Shy yet flirty
If a man shows me attention and ...

Is it okay to cry about a person dying in a book?
I cry when people die in books, like in Harry Potter. I don't know if it is okay and i had to stifle my tears in school....

Talking to yourself....?
I talk to myself, do other people do this? Or am i MAD?...

I think my husband is trying to make me go crazy?
He had a fling a few weeks ago and now I have twice found that her number has been rung from our home phone but he totally denies it, says the phone is malfunctioning. Also I was having trouble ...

What is best way to end my life now?
i am struggling a lot,feeling hopeless,crisis line is no help they only call police(they only cause more problems)they dont know how to help
Additional Details

OK ..tell me am i normal..........?
Inaaz,a cute little girl,now dont call me cute..i hate those cheeky words,i hate love ,i hate people ,i hate dressing up ,i hate looking good ,i hate talking to people,i love being alone,bikes ,cars ...

Am I overreacting???
I first took this joke quiz online and it said I had a borderling personality disorder. Then i started taking these more serious quizzes on lyk medical type websites. They also said I had a ...

I need help. I really have a problem. I am depressed.?
Ive been obsessing over a girl who doesnt like me. She keeps talking to me, but when i asked her if she did like me, she said she only liked me as a friend.

Ive been literaly obsessing ...

I feel like im being watched and followed, what should i do?
ok, i belive that i am being watched and followed by somthing i cant see. when im on my own i will be terrified to move and im scared to make any loud noises. i find it hard to walk near spaces where ...

I can't sleep and it's driving me mad! Please help!!!!?
I have not had a good night's sleep for about a year. I can't get to sleep until about 4am and I have to get up early most days. I have been to my doctor, and I have tried many techniques ...

I am so depressed...?
My husband just left for a year to go to iraq and I cant get pregnant. We have been trying since last november. I am 29 years old and all my friends around us are either pregant with their first ...

DO you always sleep naked at night ?
if yes then why do you sleep nude at night..................do you believe in nudism..................................

What's WRONG with me?
have you ever cried for no reason? and just felt really upset, when you don't even know why. i'm not suicidal or anything, but i just don't see why we go doing our everyday routines.. ...

I'm an addict?
I'm addicted to Y! Answers. Every time the site tells me that I've used up my answers for the day, a little piece of me dies inside. I can't eat, I can't sleep, all I want to do ...

What would you say if your friend told you he had a mental illness?
Personally I'd say that were still friends, I just wanted to know what you guys ...

Megan
Whats the best medicine for EXTREMELY BAD anxiety?

Additional Details
im on Lexapro, and VALIUM as needed. But it's still taking over my life! i dont even have a job anymore! And i dont wanna take valium forever and be immune to it, plus i had (i guess) a slight heartattack when i was 20!

unknown u
Rating
vegan diet.next

Shannon V
i'm not a doctor. but i strongly suggest you probally need to be talking to a professional as well as the medication itself. they are best able to prescribe what you need or don't need but a combination of the two is a must to obtain full benifits and get you feeling better. plus exercising works wonders for anxiety it aids in releasing chemicals in your body to lessen the anxiety. i would suggest going to a mental resource center/ doctor who specializes in anxiety disorders. good luck and take care!!!

lorassong
Rating
First of all, you need to see a qualified Dr.. But my Dr. has me on Klonapin and it works quite nicely.

mrklcoac2002
you need to consult a doctor BEFORE you take anything

idestiny23
You sound like me ! I have been dealing with it for 8 years now and it gets easier after a while. I came to realize its about my behavior and the way I think. I prefer ativan out of all because its fast acting and disolves in your mouth but also does not keep u drowsy all day. Try keeping one in your pocket and going on with your day by just knowing its there. Kind of like a safety thing. I had to realize and believe it wasnt going to kill me before I stopped letting it take over my life.

TweetyBird
Rating
Megan, this is not a question that can or should be answered here. Only you and your doctor can decide what the best medicine is for you.

Speak to your doctor and let her/him know that your current meds aren't effective. Dosages can be adjusted and, if need be, a different med, or combination of meds, can be prescribed. Also, please bear in mind that it takes time for a med to achieve full effect, so difficult as it may be, try to be patient.

The next time you run into a problem like this, don't go online. Talk to your doctor.

petlover11792@sbcglobal.net
Rating
No one hear can prescribe a medicine for you. You should see a psychiatrist. You may need a combination of medication and cognitive behavioral therapy. That has helped a lot of people with their anxiety. Best of luck!

Daisy21
Ask your doctor what would work best for you! Everyone is different!

Wetbag
Rating
different type of dope

mariana m
Rating
xanax or valium. Xanax works in about 15-45 mins. You can only get it from a doctor.

Try valerian drops or extract in pill form for a natural way. It's kind of mild but it works and you can get it at any health store or pharmacy.

Good luck!!

Babygirl86
get clonzapam it works wonders for me. i take about 4 mg. a day of course i started out on a lower dose and worked my way up but i feel great and my anxiety attacks are alot better!!
so try that!!
good luck

bahadormah
Rating
seronil

logic
Rating
zoloft saved me from anxiety. i know what anxiety your talking about its horrible it gave me panic attacks a feeling of unreality and heart palpatations

sharon h
Rating
I personally would go back to your doctor and change your medication, whilst you are there you should talk to your gp and ask them to refer you to a counsellor or psychotherapist, as there is an underlying problem for you to be on the medication in the first place and then there is the anxiety that could be a side effect but in time as you want to get of the medication it will be helpful to be able to get plenty of support by a professional who is trained to help you get through. family are supportive but they are not trained to help you. good luck and best wishes for the future.

annie
you should make sure you go and get a prescription from the doctor
please don't use any over the counter medications you could only make your self worse
the doctor please
i hope your mind will be at ease when you get the prescription form the doctor and start taking them
good luck

breezy b
i'm not sure that there even is anything that really really works for major anxiety...

i have bi-polar, PTSD, and severe anxiety. i've been on everything and every combination of everything else, and it doesn't go away.

i can't hold a job & i dont see me as ever being "normal" or anxiety free~

but what has worked pretty well for me, in as far as it made the symptoms of my anxiety a little less dangerous (i haven't beat anyone up), is klonepin, with a mood stabilizer; neurontin. i also take topomax for the nightmares & flashbacks~ & some other stuff for the depression.

i am still not fit to be around other human beings, because you never know what will trigger an anxiety attack; i mentioned that i haven't beaten any one up since i began taking this combo, didn't i?

~that is major for me as my "fight or flight" response is extreme. but i think that i am doing so much better than i was before the klonopin,

oh~and if you want something that won't get you soooo stoned, i suggest that you ask for attivan, as it is in the same family as the klonopin, (benzodiazepines), and i feel just as calm 20 minutes after i take one, but i am more alert .

i am also told that klonopin is more addictive than attivan, but i didn't find either one to be addictive for ME. hope this helps.

~isolation and avoidance is really the best way for me to keep my anxiety down, but my therapist says that isn't ok~

start 6-22-06 summer time Mom
no one here should tell you, go to a Dr. to find out, it all
depends on your body chemistry & if you have a chemical
imbalance or not

take care & go see the Dr. , please

hajgora7
While medication can help you deal with the symptoms and effects, it doesn't do much or anything to go to the causes.

While I think you are right to take medication, I think you should also explore wholistic approaches, including yoga, various types of meditation, and exercise. And by all means work with your doctor and nurses as part of your "team."

Get well!

TJ
paxil....ask your doctor for it!

Heather b
I work out in fact today its like 89 with 80% humidity and I mowed my whole yard..and I was sweating like a pig..but I feel AWESOME!! A great work out is very calming,(well after anyway) LOL Try it..

flowerspirit2000
A POSITIVE THOUGHT SPOKEN OUT LOUD TO YOURSELF OVER AND OVER AND OVER....UNTIL YOU BELIEVE IT.....NO MEDS NECESSARY....... IF YOU FEEL THIS WAY IN PUBLIC.....TAKE OUT YOUR CELL PHONE....AND TELL THE PERSON .....E VEN THOUGH IT DIDNT RING....... TO CALM DOWN ....THAT YOU LL BE THERE FOR THEM FOR THEM.....SAY WHATEVER YOU WOULD SAY TO A CRYING FRIEND..... THOUSAND S OF PEOPLE ARE WALKING AND TALKING ON A CELL....TALK TO THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN YOUR LIFE....... Y O U .......... IT WORKS BECAUSE ITS YOUR OWN VOICE SOOTHING YOU ..... BLESS YOU

susan c
Rating
am now taking Zoloft - although I detest being tied to a pill bottle daily - have needed it for 55 yrs - abusive father, stroke at 32, killed in car wreck at 42, I have MANY MANY problems to deal with. Found a doctor who actually practices medicine (and not accounting) that truly listened to me. He prescribed Zoloft, pain management, and psychotherapy. All of that and a wonderful husband who really cares about my well-bing and I am on my way to better. Can actually smile once in a while. Valerian and meditation, yoga, and soundscapes also helps.

onelonevoice
Rating
Lobotomy

1plum
Rating
weed
weed
weed
weed
weed
weed
weed
weed
should i repeat my self again? ok weed

angelle_76
The best medicine they say for extreme anxiety is a good hard run as the bodies natural endorhins will kick in and suppress the anxiety. Realistically tho how many people actually feel like going for a run when they are anxious! You could try asking your gp for referral to stress management classes that can teach you effective ways of managing your stress and anxiety. You could try meditation as this is known to be effective. Counselling and psychotherapy can help you to get to the route of your anxiety. Referral to a cognitive behavioural therapist can help you change your way of thinking to more positive.
Medication wise all benzodiazapines are addictive and should be used with caution and never stopped abruptly the body can also get a tolerance to the medication therefore increasing the need for more.Xanax is an excellent anxiety reliever but gps don't really like to prescribe it as it is so addictive.Lorazepam and Diazepam are usually the most readily prescribed but as you know your body can become quickly tolerant to these tell your gp or psychiatrist that your medication is not working as noone on here can prescribe you and different meds affect different people in different ways. If you do not want to continue taking your prescribed meds your gp needs to do a safe withdrawal plan with you.
A safe none addictive drug on the market is anxietol 7 it contains no chemicals and has a 96% effectiveness for the relief of anxiety but you must also speak to your gp with regards to taking this.
Good luck you can do it!

JustCurous
Meditation, strong deep breaths and less caffine......I think, I still have many attacks however they have decreased the amount and the severity of the attacts mentally with these techniques. As far as medication, the best that I have found is a family to valium..I can't remember the name off hand but it wasn't as powerful as valium and I could take it any time I wanted to without being 'married' to it and it didn't make my attacks worse when I wasn't on it (which is what I have found happens with most medications). Good luck and I look forward to reading the rest of your answers.

Gopal
If you want a SURE and NO SIDE-EFFECT CURE then follow these instructions SINCERELY & REGULARLY:

>>> Choose your time when yuo can spare for 5 or 10 minutes.
>>> When you have decided upon your time then choose a peaceful place like your room, garden or any place where you don't find any disturbance.
>>> Now, close your eyes and say this to yourself without uttering a word:

"Everything that I see and feel is not attributed to my soul. I belong to that Supreme Power or God that gives peace and takes care of everything and so I won't worry about anything. I will act like a viewer and don't involve in it while performing my actions or duties. I leave all my anxieties upon God and He will think about them. Today, I will look cheerful and no sign of anxiety will be seen or felt by anbody on my face and I won't let anything or anybody bother me. I will be peaceful within."

You can use your own words something like the ones I have given here. If you don't believe in God then no problem just use any other word like the Nature or choose what comes to your mind first. Then repeate it for some 5 or 10 minutes regularly and sincerely.

I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL SEE THE EFFECT IN JUST 1 WEEK AND IF NOT THEN YOU ARE FREE TO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON MEDICINES AND DOCTORS' FEES & IF DOCTOROS COULD CURE YOU FOR YOUR ANXIETY THEN THEY WOULD HAVE A GREAT ANXIETY OF NOT HAVING PATIENTS!

Wish you all the best!

Gopal.

shclapitz
Rating
Your best bet is to go to the dr. and explain was you just ask us.

sfiege
Rating
Zoloft was a lifesaver for me

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy