Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Why can't I just snap out of it?
I am very sensitive and get depressed easily. I feel empty as I lost my boyfriend and my job. I just want to snap out of it and start better care of myself. I just know don't know how. My ...

How can i love this baby when the father has made me feel so worthless?

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

Is self-harm a selfish act?
What if no one knows or very few know?
Additional Details
"but one does one personally gain by harming themselves?"
It&#...

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

Is piercing a form of self injury?
I was just wondering your thoughts and feelings on this subject. If a person pierces themselves with a safety pin or thumbtack, do you think this is a form of self harm?...

Are you scared of death??

What can i do to stop cutting?
I feel depressed alot and just seeing blood gives me back some sense of reality i yearn for but all my friends dont want me to. what should i do?
Additional Details

allsplover
What is wrong with me?
I am sad all the time. I dont like to do anything i used to do... or anything at all i dont even want to skateboard and a few months ago it was all i ever did and i am allways turning down invitations to hang out with my friends cause im never it the mood to hang out. I am having to force myself to eat cause im never wanting any food and when i do eat i get even more depressed. I am allways puting myself down i cant think of any good things about myself (probably cause there is nothing). I allways feel like life is pointless and most of the time i just wish i was dead. I cant pay attention in school and i fail a class for the first time. please i really want to know why im feeling like this.

f100_supersabre
Rating
This could be caused by many things.

I suggest you find a counsellor, or someone you trust and talk with them about the problem.

Life is NOT pointless, it just seems that way at times;
but there is ONE guarantee; we won't get out of it alive!!

(Old Joke:)
Man feeling very bad heard little bird say,
Cheer up, things could be worse;
So he cheered up, and sure enough,
things got worse!

sharonlb27
Rating
Go get some help. Doctor, counselor, teacher. You need some help to talk it through. You may or may not need medication--you never know, but you will benefit from counseling. Good luck

lilbabe
Rating
U sound very depressed. Im not a psychologist but that happened to me before. I went to a doctor and they told me I was. I would try to talk to somebody let let them know what your feeling. Sometimes opening up can help u out more. If not, try going to a therapist maybe he can he/she can help u with what your feeling. Hope this helped a bit ;)

Luilui
Rating
..Depression? maybe you should go see the doc

♥Iris♥
Rating
Awww...I'm sorry to hear all that. I think you should tell your parents how you feel...it sounds like you have teenage depression and that needs to be treated by medication...but don't put yourself down; have confidence in yourself! and don't ever think about death...that's terrible, and wishing yourself dead isn't going to solve your problem...it'll just create more...and praying to God may help your problem as well...He can help all of us...but you really need to tell your parents about this to go to the doctors...hope you get well soon!! and stay positive! =)

country_girl
you have all the symtoms of depression.
go see a doctor,psychologist or councelor. DOnt wait because the longer you wait the worse it gets.
They will give you a prescription for an anti depressant,and after about a month, you will feel a whole lot better.
It takes time for the medication to build up in you body and to actually get you to the right dose to where you are feeling better.....

KIKI
if you do get diagnosed for depression, do not get addicted to your depression meds.

*Chapita*
it sounds like you are depressed you should see a doctor before it gets worse

bittywrap
Rating
Depression for sure go see a Dr. With this many people guessing the same thing go figure. Its not the end of the world most every one goes throw it at some time or another.

wjohnso0
Sounds as if you are growing up. Right now you are going through so many changes both physically and mentally. It's normal to be confused and withdrawn. Find a friend to talk to, share each others problems. Get out and find something to do. Go to the mall, do something active. You can choose to be positive. Changing your attitude is not easy, it takes conscious effort. Being alone is not the answer. Get out and you'll find new things you'll like to do. Enjoy growing up. Once grown you'll be there a long time - take it from one that has been grown forever!

blondie_chic
Depression. Go to your doctor and he'll give you medication that can help you out. I know what it feels like. I'm also on anti-depressents. :(

BZ
you r most likely depressed. talk to your doctor and they will give u meds that will help. you really should see a therapist because they will give you med especially if u r suicidal or wishing you were dead

I don't care for you much
Depression..

yaktur
You are GROWING UP and growing OUT of your childhood interests.

There's nothing wrong with you except that you haven't found what grown-up occupation you should focus upon and commit to.

So change your expectations and grow out of your shell, your childhood.

Childhood isn't supposed to last forever.

claustrophobicfoetus
Depression, yes. Possibly manic.

Call a doctor and have some chocolate.

notyou311
Rating
Depression. Talk to your parents and your counselor. There is medication that can help you.

ZOOxANIMALSx
Depression. =[ Call a doctor.

bmelanco
Rating
Depression. If you are a teen its a very normal stage.

♥ғέғе
everybody has bad days, when you feel sad, unmotavated, etc. But if your having those days continously, you could be depressed. It's really hard for you to get out of this alone, so i would reccomend talking to someone you trust, such as a friend or parent. Also, it would be a wise idea to talk to a guidance counsellar at your school or even a doctor, someone who is trained to help you with your problems. Make sure you take time to dig deep and think, "why am i feeling this way" Has something happend in your life that is causing this? But the most important thing of all, something that you always have to remember is this: Your life is wonderfull, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel.=) I hope i helped. Please get that help.

stay strong<3

Jessica
You most likely have depression. Which you probably figured out. Go to the doctor and tell him/her your symptoms and go from there. You will get a prescription and make sure you stay on it.

nsprdwmn
Rating
How old are you? Maybe you are going thru some puberty changes! You need to speak to someone about some of these issues because it is not good to be thinking so negatively. You need to try to find new things to stimulate you. A favorite song a new interest. Boredom lack of interest... You need to check with your family doctor and then if thats okay... you need to start understanding you would need new inspirations that you need to expand your horizons in a positive way. Try joining a club or a dance group, a photo club ... something that will help you get thru this uninspired time.

weight1970
go see your family doctor

grace k
Rating
depression .see a school counsellor. everyone gets depressed .it is the smart ones who do something about it.

Kevin M
Rating
Sounds like a case of clinical depression. If you are turning down friends, and wishing harm on yourself, you gotta get help. Talk to a school counselor, doctor, parent. whoever. If people telling you that your are a good person isnt enough, you need some professional aid. And no, you are not crazy.

wacky_racer
In a insane world, only insane are sane. So, make up... and just do your own thing if that suits you.

jalady
Rating
You sound very depressed. See if there is a school counsel you can talk to or someone who can get you to a psychiatrist or a psychologist. You may need help to get better, and you don't want to be like this always. Get some help..
Then you will start feeling enthusiastic about you life again.

PTA Girl
Rating
Sorry to hear about your problem. Just remember something: you are not alone out there!! Depression is out there and it so hard to admit having one, or know if you are suffering from one. We all go through something like this (at some point of our life).

Life is too busy, and we are the ones making it complicated. We are the ones who need to slow down and stop running.

One of the best things to do is to find a good listener, a good friend who is willing to help you emotionally. Go out with this friend and do something new (like trying a new ethnic food, or watch a movie-- I recommend Comedy!!)

Life is not pointless. You have a reason to be here. Make a positive mark in this life. I would still recommend you to see professional help, so they can guide you better.

Good Luck...

butterfliesRfree
Rating
It might be a good idea to see a counselor. You'd be surprised what they can pull out of you. Thing is, I'm guessing you are pretty young and I don't think they are too quick to put young people on anti-depressants. My son went through this when he was about 16-17 and he went to counseling and it really helped him and he didn't need any medication. See if you can get an appointment. If you get the right counselor, they can help.

aNgRy YoUnG pOeT
Rating
sure sign of depression. go, seek a clinical advise.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy