Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Would you date someone with bi-polar disorder?
Or if you were dating someone, and found out they had bipolar (manic depression), would you stop dating them? Bearing in mind manic depressives can be perfectly happy a lot of the ...

Why do i have to sleep at night?

Self Harming.. Help Me!?
Ive Recently started to self harm. i duno it just seems to make me feel better. i cant tell anyone, ive tried but it just dont come out. i cant stop. please help me i dont know what to do :( ...

I wish I could just sleep my life away?
I hate my life. The only time I'm happy is when I'm sleeping because I'm not in reality. I'm depressed all the time, I also doing something wrong, and I want to kill myself at ...

Shall I commit suicide?
I feel lonely, lost, sad and depressed.I am crying everyday, I went to a doctor but all he did is only listen and ask about the pasy, reminding me of the past made me too depressed.Medicine they made ...

Will i kill myself?
Hey, I know my question is weird but you dont know me, You dont know what I go through every day. The only thing that is stopping me is that I know i will go to hell.. When i was 17 i started cutting ...

I have heard it said that we only dream in black and white. Is this true?

My coach has some weird things about him....What should I do?
He often calls girls fat; they are at a time in there life where they dont need to be called that for emotional damage. And i have heard some awful things about his last job that could be important ....

rahelas
What is the best way to keep reading?
i am on exames for dental nures and it requaire more reading, but i find it difficult to concentrate on reading after 30mnt. and i keep forgetin what i have reed.

supersonic overdrive
my motivation is that i could fail if don't continue. and failing means repeating. And repeating it makes it even worse.Just think about the outcome

Kenickie
Study while exercising, read during commercials. That's how I like to study haha. Or sometimes I'll read aloud to understand and hear what I'm saying. It really works. Highlight stuff, jot some notes on a piece of paper and then use it as a bookmark. I did that for books that I had to read for school during the summer especially since I had to read 4, I had to write things down to remember what I read.

TaYlOr!!!
My advice is to challenge youself. Say to yourself:
"ok if i can read for antoher 30 minutes, I'll go surf the web for 15 minutes or something like that." Make sure the prize for reading is something that you want. If you don't do your daily reading you should also punish yourself. I find it hard to challenge yourself on your own so i suggest you have a friend or family memeber montor you! Hope i helped

Chatter'box

Absalom
Rating
eh reading is boring i have the same problem and caffiene does nothing to me. I just get up walk around do some exercise stuff sit back down and read again until i get tired again and do the same step over.

sb0983
Rating
Read your textbook a little bit at a time. Then take a break and go back to it.

jane & john doe
tea and coffee
john

RedRose (got headache)
hey lol
i heard a great way & i tried it >>> it worked
all it says is 2 read fast >>> means don't take a long time tryin' 2 spell each single word
just keep goin'
hope it helps & good luck

Leah O
have you tried reading out loud? sometimes that helps me when i just cant get a grasp on what im reading. if that doesnt help maybe talk to your doctor and see if there is something that he can reccomend for you to help concentrate.

Penny D
I try to shift positions every once in a while to keep my body from getting restless or sore. Also, a change of location can be helpful. Start outside under a shady tree and move to the porch with a cup of tea. When studying, I've often kept a notebook and pen with me. When I've read all I can, I briefly write down a summary of it. This way I can go do something else for a bit. come back read my summary, and start reading again. Make sure if you're indoors that you're reading with proper lighting by the way. Eye strain is awful!

Erin G
Rating
well you just have to keep trying and you could try reading with some one to help you cosintrate
and write down what you have to read

Shelly
take a mini breaks and since it is reading for studying take notes and highlight maybe on a notebook or maybe on the side margins, that will help you retain what you've read and also not fall asleep

redvirgo34
Rating
Read it in a manner in which you process everything you are reading through your head. Its easier to keep things in that way.

Aliyah
Rating
You have to read something that YOU WANT to read.Make sure your reading area is quiet and clean.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Bored Guy
Rating
Get those red bull or energy drinks. They don't just keep you awake, they help you mentally focus as well. There's also pills at drug stores that can help you stay alert & focused.

Christina
Rating
First of all your spelling isn't all that great. I do not want to sound rude but if you knew how to spell ultimately you would know how to read.

So your first step is grammer in general for now.

cavassi
Rating
I suggest that you read your books at least once out loud into a tape recorder, then play it back after a time.

The other important thing is to either highlight what you are reading or better, take notes and write it down. Then read your notes.

Another procedure I found helpful was to take a practice test, see what mistakes I made, and then study what I got wrong. If you don't have the test, make up questions yourself. Try to determine what the important information was. You can usually determine the important information by your lecture notes. Making up questions is a good way to help you study because the thinking and mental effort will help you remember the material.

Good luck.

polly xx
hi,get the book on c.d...and listen to it.while u shop/tidy house/and do days events..also when u go to bed.and u r chilling..good luck Paula x

spagbolfordinner
Rating
I had the same problem at uni with some of my 'less interesting' topics...

I used to find that summarising each paragraph (or relevant mini-section) in one sentence helped me focus AND remember what id' read. It also meant I had basic notes for last minute revision/ refresher!

monkyskin
i have the same problem and what i try to do when im reading is to really get into the book, like imagine me doing the task i'm reading about

Blue Eyes
i heard that it takes three times to read something to know it, according to a study course I took in college..

besides if you only read 30 min at a time, read 30 min and then take a break.. or read for fifteen and take a break then read it again..I like to take notes and rewrite them over and over..and I like them neat and colorful...that is my own way that is probably like no one else..lol, it works tho.

poli_b2001
Rating
Simple, do your studying in 30min blocks then. Just avoid taking a 30 minute break each time

Tallblond28
Rating
Read a page then make notes on what you have read

laughgrl13
Rating
i find that taking notes while i'm reading tends to help, also if its kind of a wordy/long book take a break and get a snack after about 30 mins...

hope this helps!?!

always right
Rating
YOU CAN PRACTICE BY READING THINNER BOOKS THEN JUST KEEP READING THE BIG BOOKS TIME BY TIME

bodmodangel
Read everything twice. Read in a quiet place that you will not be interupted. Be interested in what you are reading.

My name is none of your business
Learn How to spell first and reading becomes more valuable:
Exam's
Require
30 minutes
Forgetting
Read
Look above and use spell check too!

Lindy
you are supposed to take breaks when studying because after so many hours of studying you will not retain most of what you read. I take breaks and get something like a healthy snack or exercise if I have to really cram.

~It's A Boy *Kaiden Avery*~
Rating
To me it's more helpful if I read it out loud and then picture it in my head! If I read it out loud I think of it as someone telling me a story and picture the things that are happening! I remember every book I've ever read that way! Hope it helps you!

Old Dirty the 4th
Maybe thats because you have no Idea what you are reading.....hmmmmm???

gia_track
Rating
lots of coffee?
and determination lol

if its ur duty.

its something you have to do.

dont get caught up cause of what your body or mind wants you to do.

eventually doing against it will be like second nature to you and u wont ever notice it as a problem again

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy