Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

HELP! AH! SUICIDeE????
ok. thank you for trying to help me.
Well I am a middle school student. I have alot going on in my life.
My mom had cancer.
My brother insults me on a 24/7 hour basis.
At school ...

What should you do after youve done everything in life?
and you have no family N when you try to help everyone to make good of your life but people think your wacko N dont like you?...

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

DEPRESSiON! mAYBE SUICIDEE??HELP!!!!!!!!11?
I have alot of issues- a parent had cancer, i get teased sometimes, i drink, i get in alot of trouble at school, im fat, my brother beats me up and verbally abuses me calling me a shitfaced, ugly ****...

Is it "normal" behavior" for one's husband to kiss the wife of his really good friend on the lips?
We recently spent a week out of state visiting a couple out of state with whom my husband has been friends for over 20 years. They're like "family" to each other. I had never met the ...

What do you do when you are bored?
I get really bored at night time, and I can not sleep. I can be extremely tired, but I just can't fall asleep. I can not think of things to do when I am able to go do things. It is like my whole ...

Why am i feeling like this??
Am 21, been single now for the past 5 mnthz,work full time as a waitress (isnt the best job in the world but its ok), I have loadza friends and family that love me and my life isnt all that bad. So ...

Do you get emotional?
Do you get more emotional as you get older?

Either you do, or I'm heading for a breakdown!!
Additional Details
It seems the younger ones say it's less emotional, the ...

Can anybody read this Med. Prescription?
My doctor gave me this today, and I wont be able to go to the pharmacy till Friday. But before getting the meds, I wanted to read up on it (its medicine for depression ) but I cant make out the words....

Why shouldn't I just go ahead and put a bullet in my brain?
I've suffered from depression for 7 years now. I've had plenty of therapy, I've been on every combination of drugs possible (on what works best now), and I understand depression more ...

I have absolutely NO self confidence at all. Please help?
I guess I am average looking. I've heard that all girls want a guy with self confidence. I currently have a girlfriend and I like her ALOT, but I don't want to lose her because I have no ...

Does anyone else self-harm?
I currently self-harm by cutting my arms/legs with razor blades. I really want to stop but don't know how. I don't deal with stress well which is why I do it. I get a release when I'...

How you deal with depression????
just dont put to go to a Special place to be treated because i dont want ...

Is this normal?
I hate eating ketchup on food (fries, hot dogs, etc) but I like to drink it out of the bottle....

moonbeam
What is the best way of dealing with stress?
finding it really hard concentrating because i have just started a new job - things are really getting to me - read about fasting and meditation - anyone have any ideas ??

Cordelia M
Rating
Change the overstressful things in your life which you can change, and change your reaction to those things you can't change. Stress is part of life but sometimes it gets out of hand.
To change the overstressful things maybe list them, what it is about them that causes you problems, and what you can do in response (learn new skills, remove yourself from the situation, be more/less assertive etc etc)
To change your reaction there is only one way I know of - meditation. With practice you realise that you can in fact choose how you respond to situations and are not at their mercy
And of course, exercise, music, a little alcohol etc all help you take time out in the meantime. Good luck

jamminursite
ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!

Angel
Rating
I was having problems with stress and my doctor recommened me to go to a herbalist in my local area and she recommened passiflora as it is a plant it has no side effects, and works ive recomeneded it to loads of people and they said it works for them to. Its that good its helped my mum, dad and auntie who where dealing with stress.

curiousgeorge
If you want to lose some excess energy - run it off! Use the stairs at work if possible. the time you are using to run off the energy can be used to make a list of priorities so you can keep things in order. Just keep asking yourself what needs to be done most? You'll find your way in your new job soon enough. GoodLuck

coolcat_35404
Spend plenty of time on yahoo answers

Michelle
Hatha Yoga is a great stress reliever. Provides relaxation and meditation all in one! Plus it is good for your inner organs.

cybercarrotandy
Take a time out! Theres a saying that goes "a change is as good as a rest!"

wont_cook
Rating
i come on here actually...... learn something...it calms you down.

vivian_hsu@sbcglobal.net
ummm...I read in Reader's Digest that if you're a little coped up with work and stuff, you should enjoy yourself for a moment (have an ice cream, get a manicure). It should make work easier, or maybe less stressful. I think it should work. Mind you, I've never tried it.

Meeshell
Rating
Take time out during each day and write down all of your problems. Tell yourself everything good you can think of that would make you feel better. Talk about what you are feeling to friends and family. Exercise everyday. That helps with my stress. At least 30 minutes. Go to a spa every once in a while and get a massage.

hullo?
Rating
get a massage....

btjohnny
heavy drugs man

LA :0)
* Don't worry about things you can't control, like the weather.
* Prepare to the best of your ability for events you know may be stressful, like a job interview.
* Try to look at change as a positive challenge, not a threat.
* Work to resolve conflicts with other people.
* Ask for help from friends, family or professionals.
* Set realistic goals at home and at work.
* Exercise on a regular basis.
* Eat well-balanced meals and get enough sleep.
* Meditate.
* Get away from your daily stresses with group sports, social events and hobbies.

Suzita
Rating
I would say - do not fast!! You need all your energy right now. If you want to try fasting, do it at a time when you don't have to go to work for a while.

Meditation is great and works for soem people.

Here is something tat works for everyone!

1. Do some exercise - something you like. It doesn't have to be hours down the gym. Even housework is a form of exercise! As you do the exercise, think of what makes you stressed. Eg, if your boss is getting you down, fantasise that you are hoovering him up!! That will help dilute the tension - because you are expressing it rather than holding it inside you.

2. After the exercise, RELAX. Give yourself time to learn this, try at least ten minutes each day, before you go to sleep. Find a safe place. Put phones onto ansaphone. Play your favourite relaxing music. Help yourself to let go of stress systematically from head to toe. Clench and release eavery muscle.

3.I know that when you don't have much time this can seem too much to do - but it really will help you to relax and concentrate better.

Please don't forget what I said about fasting - to help your concentration you need to eat good food - start with a good breakfast.

Sorry if I sound like a Mom, but I am a health professional and this really will be of help if you try it.

Good luck!

mikey
Rating
Take a xannie, work out, get a massage and relax

Roz
Rating
Just make sure you leave some time for yourself. drop whatever you are doing and read a book or watch a movie or go for a walk. If you give yourself a break once in a while maybe you wouldn't be so stressed.

mickjam
Rating
Exercise. Massage.

carla_mail03
Take up kickboxing classes, I found it very very beneficial, you can release all your aggrevation and eases stress. Its also fun too at the same time.

scooby.doo
soak in the bath a bottle of wine. and an early night.

marketingexpert
Rating
Check out (http://www.reducingstress.net ) there is a lot of great articles and expert advice on the subject there.

milassy
Rating
Sit down in a quiet spot, breathe slowly and deeply for a while and pray.

graham t
Rating
the best way to overcome stress, is to kill yourself and then the stress goes away for good

fatimm
the best way of dealing with stress is first of all taking some time to do diffrerent things like going out for shopping or a vacation,try some exercises visit a friend or your family .try not to think of what disturbs you always stay around with people who make you laugh and smile always find something to do cooking or spending more time with your parthner .finally don't forget to put it to God in prayers

Haha Its Phoebe!!
Rating
Relax. Book yourself into a spa or something :) treat yourself. - Go on you know you want to. LOL!

ziggy
Rating
Stress has a nasty habit of creeping up on people so the fact that you recognise that you are stressed is half the battle. Forget about fasting and meditation you need to ID what exactly it is in your job that is causing the stress and then you can try to eliminate it ( as long as it is not a person that is ha! ha! ha! )

If you need further help email

steve adams
Rating
just keep asking yourself in one years time
will this be important

Tumble
Rating
Lay on a couch or on your bed and listen to some relaxing music.

unknown
Rating
excersize or smoke marijuana and think deeply about things

hello
Rating
Clean house. Takes your mind off everything gets you active. Meditation is good. Make sure you can do it uninterrupted. Fasting really won't relieve your stress. You will feel better though.

frofrohead
Rating
Sing! I'm totally serious. Singing along with the radio releases Dopamine and gives you a pleasurable, carefree kind of feeling, so crank it up and belt it out!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy