Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I think i need professional help for depression, but im to scared to tell anyone?
Well. im to scared to even tell my friends, boyfriend, sister, or parents. i don't know why... :( i cut myself sometimes but then i hide them. (thinking someone will notice and talk to me but ...

What is this called? HELP!!!?
Sometimes I feel like I want to die and I feel worthless. Some days I feel just fine. On the days I feel horrible its really bad. I've been on anti depressants and anxiety meds. What's ...

HELP! AH! SUICIDeE????
ok. thank you for trying to help me.
Well I am a middle school student. I have alot going on in my life.
My mom had cancer.
My brother insults me on a 24/7 hour basis.
At school ...

What should you do after youve done everything in life?
and you have no family N when you try to help everyone to make good of your life but people think your wacko N dont like you?...

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

DEPRESSiON! mAYBE SUICIDEE??HELP!!!!!!!!11?
I have alot of issues- a parent had cancer, i get teased sometimes, i drink, i get in alot of trouble at school, im fat, my brother beats me up and verbally abuses me calling me a shitfaced, ugly ****...

Is it "normal" behavior" for one's husband to kiss the wife of his really good friend on the lips?
We recently spent a week out of state visiting a couple out of state with whom my husband has been friends for over 20 years. They're like "family" to each other. I had never met the ...

What do you do when you are bored?
I get really bored at night time, and I can not sleep. I can be extremely tired, but I just can't fall asleep. I can not think of things to do when I am able to go do things. It is like my whole ...

Why am i feeling like this??
Am 21, been single now for the past 5 mnthz,work full time as a waitress (isnt the best job in the world but its ok), I have loadza friends and family that love me and my life isnt all that bad. So ...

Do you get emotional?
Do you get more emotional as you get older?

Either you do, or I'm heading for a breakdown!!
Additional Details
It seems the younger ones say it's less emotional, the ...

Can anybody read this Med. Prescription?
My doctor gave me this today, and I wont be able to go to the pharmacy till Friday. But before getting the meds, I wanted to read up on it (its medicine for depression ) but I cant make out the words....

Why shouldn't I just go ahead and put a bullet in my brain?
I've suffered from depression for 7 years now. I've had plenty of therapy, I've been on every combination of drugs possible (on what works best now), and I understand depression more ...

I have absolutely NO self confidence at all. Please help?
I guess I am average looking. I've heard that all girls want a guy with self confidence. I currently have a girlfriend and I like her ALOT, but I don't want to lose her because I have no ...

Does anyone else self-harm?
I currently self-harm by cutting my arms/legs with razor blades. I really want to stop but don't know how. I don't deal with stress well which is why I do it. I get a release when I'...

THINKER
What if you're so tired and exhausted and want it all to stop!? Isn't this an acceptable reason for suicide?

bob
Rating
go for it, follow your heart !

BloominEck
Rating
No. The only acceptable reason for suicide is "I'm a selfish person who wants to inflict a lifetime of grief and misery on my family". Anything else, you can get help, make changes to your life, try and move on from whatever is hurting you. Hurting others is not a good way out.

justice_beauty
Rating
if you are really unhappy about what is happening in your life, i would suggest to change your life, as much as you can. I think so many people had those moments you are having right now, and yet, when they have dealt with them, after some time they look back and think: "I am a warrior! I have been through so much sh** and yet here I am, stronger and happier. "
Take a day off, get the stuff you like eating/drinking, and read some books by P.Coelho if you havent done already. It's not self-help books, it's stories, which truly inspire and guide you in life.

George Adamson
Rating
Have you tried sleeping??

pussy cat
this is very scary tonight, lots of question on suicide i am concerned. there is no acceptable reason for suicide, life is not that hard trust me i have been through it! i came so close to it when i had the worst thing imaginable happen in my life i lost twin daughters one aged 7 days and the other 18 days and we have just got through their third birhtday, that is hard... so yes i have been soooo tired exhausted and have desperately wanted it to stop but i got help and am still here to see another day through!

Jack
Rating
You're the only one who can decide if it's "acceptable" or not.

Besides, you don't give any details. What is making you tired and exhausted? Can you remove those things from your life? When I get like that, I make a list of ALL my options.

Make a list, and start with "suicide" at the top of the list. Then write down all the other options you can think of. Then start crossing off the ones that are not good options, hopefully the first one to go will be "suicide." Then narrow down the list to the top three best options. From there, pick the best one.

C'mon - your screen name is "THINKER" - so THINK!

Love, Jack.

my2bigdogs4me
If you want it to stop, take a break. Don't take your life. There has to be someone you care about and think about how messed up their life would be afterwards. We tend to think suicide will fix our problems and everything will be better, but that's not how it works. A lot of people are affected and it creates problems for others.

Relax for a while. Go somewhere. The mountains. The spa. Some sort of adventure resort where they don't have television or phones. Get back in touch with yourself, nature, friends, and family. Be strong and pull through. If you need to, talk to a counselor or a doctor.

daz man
see a doctor!!!

?
Rating
no its not.I was left on my own with 4 kids to look after,and i got through it.Imagine how tired and exhausted i was.Ive got a lovely life now,and you will have one day,trust me!!

cowgirl80
Rating
I think suicide is a selfish act, what about the people that love and care about you, if your serious get some help and this isn't the right place.

Sianie
Rating
NO NO NO, Just think of the people around you, I also have had these thoughts but now i have a family.
I often think to myself how lucky i am, If i had ended it all i wouldn't of meet my gorgeous 3 year old who i just want to eat up every time i look at him. Put it this way when you feel like you are down in the gutter the only way is UP!!! it does get better hunny plz don't do anything stupid take care.xxx

emeraldisle2222
No reason is acceptable for suicide.
If you are tired and exhausted all the time you need medical help.
Please get it.
Maybe the Samaritans can point you in the right direction.
Sorry that I can't be of more assistance, but I do wish you all the very best.

froggygrl2004
Try taking a day off from everything...work,phone calls,computer...just lay in your bed for a day and sleep or watch movies. You could see a docter, maybe you need a pill to help you sleep. As for suicide...No- there is no acceptable reason for suicide...

carissakayb
Rating
Absolutely not! I felt like this yesterday but I just slept. This is a good reason to seek help because believe it or not someone does care. If no one else cars about you then I will. Please don't committ suicide. You also need to pray. Jesus will save you from this and help you find help.

b.f.
Rating
NO REASON IS EXCEPTABLE FOR SUICIDE .,, YOU WERE CREATED FOR A PURPOSE AND TO DENY THAT PURPOSE IS WORSE THAN ANY ATTEMPT INTO SUICIDE.FOR GOD IS YOUR CREATOR CRY OUT FROM YOUR SINCERE HEART AND HE WILL AND MUST ANSWER YOUR PLEA

SHEBA
if i were you i would go to my gp a.s.a.p

chuckprintz
Rating
There's no such thing as an "acceptable reason" for suicide.

Annie Red Head
Well, obviously you are not thinking clearly,"Thinker". Stop, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and clear your mind. "I think therefore I am ". I have to think that there is something in your life worth living for! If you really can't think of anything then find something, we have to make our own happiness, it's not up to anyone else to make us happy. You can volunteer your extra time, everyone has some extra time, it's all about managing it. You do not say why you are tired and exhausted? We all get tired and exhausted, it's about having constructive thoughts or destructive thoughts. There is no acceptable reason for suicide, I want you to live, I care if you live, stay alive and "LIVE" each day to the best of your ability. God Bless!!

xoymaq
no, it is just a good reason to take a sicky and stay in bed for the day. tomorrow is another day and you will probably feel totally different.

Pegasus90
Rating
There are so many medical reasons for being tired and exhausted, that are relatively simple to fix, that, while wanting it to stop is acceptable, suicide never is.

The only acceptable reason for suicide in my book is unrelenting, unfixable physical (not mental) pain, not just mild suffering.

However, I don't mean to be preachy. I do want to let you know I have been where you are, and have found joy in life again. Your tiredness and exhaustion may be due to a blood sugar imbalance called hypoglycemia. If so, it is relatively easily fixable by learning what foods to eat in what proportions. In 2 weeks, you could be feeling less tired, and finding more joy in life.

saorsie
Rating
it cannot just be for that reason,there is some thing else but do not give up.

msj2uk
theres no 'acceptable' reason for suicide.
the heartache+ trauma you would leave with the 1's you leave behind. would effect the rest of their lives.
when we die our troubles+ problems are somehow dealt with, we understand, forgive+ we let them go. but, when a person takes their own life,they still keep their problems+ still have to deal with them 'on the otherside'.
so its not worth it.

Bondyzzzz
Rating
If its because the person is ill and not got long left then i beleive euthenasia is a good thing to get out of pain.

?
nope. Things might seem better in a little while.....why not go to a movie or play a computer game?? I know this sounds bland, but life is really about little things and day to day activities. Take one day at a time and learn to do things for yourself that you enjoy as well as doing things to help others.
"Your Best Life Now" by Joel Osteen is a very helpful book. Check it out of the library or buy a copy on an auction site.
I hope you feel better soon! Hang in there, ok?

kobygirl_76
Is there an acceptable reason for suicide? I would think not.

warden14
I think there are many reasons to view suicide as acceptable - it should be remembered that in many ancient cultures suicide was often considered an honourable end to a life which had run its natural course or come to some point beyond which continuing to live would have brought shame or dishonour. I personally do not subscribe to the 'life at any price' attitude prevalent in modern (western) society. Death is an inescapable fact - it is illogical to fear it - and choosing the time of our death may be considered to be one of the last great freedoms still left us.

nostateomind
Thinker huh?

Your question's too general to warrant a specific answer.

How do you mean "so tired and ehausted"? Do you eat a lot of carbs, caffeine and sugar?

Where exactly do you expend your energy?

For 3 full days, on one sheet of paper, list everything (EVERYTHING, even just a taste) of everything you eat.
On another sheet, list each action within those 3 days (again EVERYTHING, even just sitting doing nothing or watching TV).

On the 4th day, you're so much in a better position to evaluate what changes you need to make to feel better...or are you just whining?

Dee
Rating
no. i think you should try different things in you life, this may even change your life for the better. i considered ending it all and it was the though of my Friends and family that stopped me from doing it. think of the things you haven't done and try to do them, like more education for a perfect job or dating and having some fun.

reaper8436247
Rating
I heard a story recently about a psychology professor who met everyone who had ever thrown themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge and survived.

All of them had one thing in common, no matter what their backgrounds, upbringing or reasons for attempting suicide. The one thing was that when falling all of them realised that all the problems in their lives had simple solutions except for one.

And that problem was that they'd just thrown themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge!

Suicide is the ultimate get-out clause, yes it solves all your problems in on estroke of the knife, but it also removes the opportunity to learn from those problems, overcome them and move on with your life.

Yinhung
I don't think so, THINKER - I don't think being so tired and exhausted are acceptable reasons for suicide!! I don't think it could ever be justified. Life can be very, very unbearable, and 'ending' it does seem the easier way out, but think about the pain it would bring to those who know and love you, and what about the life you would miss out on. You know, meeting that one person you will meet, marry and grow old with one day; seeing your son or daughter being born and growing up, learning to talk or even holding them for the first time. It's the beautiful (yet simplest) things like these that can drive us on to want more in life. It is very precious to us and even you, even though it may not seem so now. You will need help to rediscover this, by first tackling what it is that is troubling or bothering you. Admitting that you need help is the first and probably biggest step, finding it will follow - there is a lot of help out there. It is just a mere question of wanting it. Can anyone help you at all, with anything? It can be anything, but do rest assure that someone cares enough to help you - however small, big or complex the problem is!! Would talking about it help? Sharing your thoughts is a truly wonderful thing, and help to ease the pressure on yourself.

I know exactly what you are saying though, I feel the same. Life in the last couple of years has been absolutely **** for me - what I'm doing doesn't seem good enough, and in turn, I'm thinking whether or not I'll ever be good for anything. I'm smiling on the outside, but I'm sad, crying and hurt on the inside. My eyes tell of the pain, the hatred and anger I have inside me, and I'll be honest I'm a lost soul. I have tortured myself to the point where I am exhausted and so tired I can't go on. But what keeps me going is that we can overcome these obstacles however big or difficult they may be. There is a life out there worth living, and you will find it. It is a journey, but a rewarding one. This will no doubt bring some highs, and a lot of lows, but it's these low points that make us all the more glad to have the highs, and appreciate them when we get them. You may not at this moment in time place any value or worth on your life, but I'm more than sure someone around you, a close friend or family, does. And nothing could ever make up for such loss, if you were to do what you are thinking.

Seek help and you will find it. And when you do get it, take your time, you owe this to yourself and your loved ones to do so. This has probably been a lot of waffle to you, but I hope this has made some sense to you. You may not think you're worth anything to yourself, but you will certainly be to someone else. Take what you need from all the other replies, because there is a lot of truth in all of them. And do remember that there have been many people out there that have overcome their problems and have become all the more stronger for it, and this in itself is very rewarding. And it can be for YOU too. All the best to you, and do take care.

munchie
no think of your family your loved ones and mates sounds crazy but the only way is up now since you are down take it a day at a time

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy