Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am i wierd??
who thinks keeping a journal is weird??...

Do you ever lie to make yourself feel better about yourself, and then you have to keep track of all your lies?
and then you get confused on what you said to this person, and to that person, and finally your whole life is a lie, and you don't even know what you are about or what you stand for, so you hide ...

Cutters (self injury)..help?
im 16, and im a cutter...i do it wen i have problems in my life that i cant deal with. is this an addiction?? and how can i stop? im afraid i do something more drastic if i dont :(...

3:33 - So Every time I look at the clock or see something that grabs my attention...?
3:33 - So Every time I look at the clock or see something that grabs my attention...?
It has the numbers 333 on it. My mother said that throughout her life she constantly sees 333 as well too. S...

I have a girlfriend who has been neglecting me for the last 6 months.?
i have a girlfriend who has been neglecting me for the last 6 months. when she is around she makes it very clear that she is very happy being around me. then she doesnt call all week when she's ...

Am I just being a regular teenager or am I bipolar or something?
I think I'm bipolar but I don't really have the guts to tell my mom. Here are some symptoms. Just wondering if I really am and how I should talk to my mom about it. At first I thought it ...

IM NERVOUS AT READING OUT LOUD?
im in hoghschool at at least 2 teachers always go up and down rows and everytime the row gets closer to my turn my heart pounds like crazy and wen reading i stutter and lose breath and sound stupid ...

Wow. I'm not sure where to start..?
Well, the last past couple of months I've noticed things about me. Usually I don't pay attention to myself and don't notice change, but this is really driving me crazy. So here lately I...

WHY are you depressed?
Sometimes, I really can't believe that certain people are depressed. They have so much going for them. I feel that they are just depressed for pity's sake. So I'm challenging you: WHY ...

How to deal with my boyfriend being down and drinking too much?
I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we have a really close, loving relationship. However, the one issue we have is his drinking. He does not drink every day; but at a weekend he will ...

Im under peer pressure can someone please please please please please help me!!!???
ok i have like a gizillion friends who get high all the time they are pressuring me to do it to..... should i do it i mean you cant be old and wise without being young and crazy and taking risks so ...

Why is my memory getting worse now, when I'm only 17?
I'm only 17yrs old, and I used to be so good at school (mostly had A's)....that was when I was in Italy. Now that I'm here (since last year May) it's like I'm under a trauma. ...

Help me Plz!?
I am 19, I am 4'10 and I've been in the army for just about a year and I have a really serious problem,... Everyday I get teased about my height. For a while I've put up with the name ...

What is life?

Can people who are depressed still be positive ? :)?
Just wondering if it's posible for people who are depressed to see life in a positive way??...

Can any one help me???
wats up wiv me i hate my job, i hate not being able to find a house to buy wiv my boyfriend, i am fed up wiv my driving lessons,i am dead snappy wats wrong i just dont feel my self
Additional D...

I don't want to TRY anymore...please help!!?
I have a motivation problem. big time. I'm a senior in college and I have no motivation what so ever to try to do well. It's so unlike me. Last year, I was on the dean's list with a 4....

I know that cannabis is affecting my work performance but I can't seem to stop.What should I do?
Also,when you give up smoking,how long does it take to show an improvement?...

Am i crazy or is this how im suppose to feel??? please answer!!! i need help!?
yesterday was my 2nd day of highschool and im a freshman..I HATE IT!!! i dont know any1, i have no freinds and i cant do my homework becuz i cant open my locker!!! i cried myself to sleep all last ...

How do you feel about anorexia and bulimia?

Bec
What does it mean when someone can't make eye contact?
i know someone who cant look at people directly in the eye. what is that? i cant even begin to come up with suggestions.
Additional Details
he told me he has been like that since he was little

Scootaloo
Rating
If they phyically CAN'T, it is often a sign of autism. If they look all around, focusing on things, but not your eyes, and are still speaking to you, they are not listening, not interested, or are very distracted. If they look down, it is because they have been (sadly!) "trained" that they are not worthy enough to make eye contact, and feel they are inferior.

hamrrfan
Rating
The making or not making eye contact has conflicting intepretations throughout various cultures.

ha
Rating
In many instances the person is lying or feels uncomfortable or has a lack of confidence. It could also indicate a sort of social anxiety.

Inz R
Rating
they are lack of self-confidence. or self-conscious.

okayido
Rating
it dould mean they are shady or that could mean they are shy. me personally i had a hard time looking peple in the eyes because my eye was so big i was ashamed of them

Lyla
maybe they are shy or are just like that.

it's not serious.

videoboysayscube
Rating
I can look people in the eye, but I rather not because when I do, I start staring at different features on their face, like their eye brows or a pimple or something. And that it causes me to lose focus on what their saying.

martina
Rating
"someone" is shy.
He should let people know he is shy, but
this is a controversial subject. Some people recommend that you never tell people you're shy, because people will use that information to label you. Then again, if you avoid people, look down instead of making eye contact, stammer and stutter when you're uncomfortable in social situations, people are going to draw conclusions of their own and odds are they'll be less favorably impressed with you than if you just tell it like it is---that you're nervous or feeling shy.

I think the problem arises because there are two ways to be shy---the obvious way and the not so obvious way. The obvious way to be shy is to blush, tremble, twitch or otherwise physically manifest your shyness. The not so obvious way is to avoid eye contact with people, not have much to say or decline offers from others you'd like to accept, but that are too far outside of your comfort zone for you to feel comfortable attending.

Not so obvious shy people are often mistaken as arrogant or aloof---even by fellow shy people--when nothing could be farther from the truth. We're terrified on the inside. If you're hanging around people who are known to be bullies or gossips---people who are likely to misuse the information---you may want to keep your shyness to yourself. The good news is that most people aren't like that. Most people are relieved to hear that you're shy. You see, odds are that unless they have a reason to know better, most people will interpret your not so obvious shyness as a sign of arrogance or being stuck up, or simply as a sign that you don't like them. Labeling your shyness sometimes makes things easier for people because they don't have to pretend they're not seeing what they're seeing. They don't have to avoid making eye contact with you, because they see you're uncomfortable. They don't have to exclude you from the conversation, because they see that your hands are trembling. By telling people you're shy, you've told them that you want to be a part of what's going on and that it's OK if they notice you're a little uncomfortable. And that helps them feel more comfortable, too.

kathleen g
Rating
sometimes when people are shy, like i used to be i couldnt look at people, guess i was too self centered, or if they are lying it could also happen but if its most of the time its probably shyness

Amandeep Jain
many people with such an attitude are shy and fall in the category who offer great respect and honour while talking to someone.
Looking in eyes directly while talking does'nt always relate with the confidence level, but also it possess meaning that deals with respect for someone...

manicmousy
i was always told that when some people lie, they can't look others in the eyes.
or it could be shyness or nerves/anxiety.

whatev
I actually have that problem where I make sporadic eye contact and I have a disability called NVLD(Nonverbal learning disability) and it's how the mind works and it's very similar to Asperger's syndrome and my experience is that I show wrong facial and body language with people and take anything someone says to me right to heart.For example like if you just said to me "Oh that was good but you need to improve" I would be offended by it and be upset.So sometimes bad eye contact is a sign of mental disability,being shy,low self-esteem.And plus I have anxiety disorder also

zil28ennov
Maybe he's shy.

Queen of the Universe
Rating
I agree with some of the others. It could be Asperger's. This is one of the symptoms in not being able to communicate and connect with the person who is trying to communicate and is a form of disassociation. I disagree with the "they have been trained this way that they are unworthy to make eye contact. Infants can display this symptom and will not make eye contact. I hardly think that anyone has made them feel unworthy. It is the disorder manifesting itself in not being able to connect.

Shelley K
i think it means they feel awkward
i dont like it either

biljer18
when you ask them something and they cant look you in the eyes it's usually because they are trying to avoid answering it, but i dont know what this is.

Brainbabe
If this person can't look anyone in the eye at all, I would say it has to do with being shy and having self-esteem issues...if it is just with one person, I would say dishonesty comes into play.

kakoii90
This is common in autistic people. However this does not mean this person you know is autistic. They could be a chronic liar and have difficulty looking people in the eye. The person could lack self confidence also.

hotpinkmasala405
Rating
its usually lack of self confidence. or that they dont want to b there. ot they are embarrassed. anything that makes someone nervous, really.

Love Lust && Liã‚‹s
Rating
usually it means their hiding sumthing..that their lying..it can also mean their feel uncomfortable or that they have low self steem

CB
i have trouble looking at people in the eye because I have an autistic spectrum disorder. People with autism also have a lot of trouble with this. But being really shy can also cause that or social anxiety or trust issues and also people from certain cultures just don't think it's polite to look people in the eye.

memory_grove
Rating
That could be cultural too. For example, many native Americans do not make eye contact with others as it's considered too direct.

I do not know of a condition. But if I'm talking to someone and they don't make good eye contact, I tend to be a little off put.

john m
it could mean that they are shy, have low self esteem, but unfortunately, it is also a common symptom of autism, or aspergers, if they actually cannot look someone in the eyes, not just it being a nervous reaction, then I would really suggest going to a doctor to have them examined because it is a red flag for autism

but, I would like to warn I am not a doctor, I just know about autism

Adam
Lying

Uncomfortable

Antisocial

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy