Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Should I commit suicide?
I am REALLY thinking about suicide. Nothing is going right. I was in the middle of suffocating myself, and then my boifriend at the time had called, and i had told him I was going to kill myself, and ...

What is wrong with me?
I have this personal issue with myself that I think is immature, unfair and greedy. I found out one of my friends is pregnant, it made me really mad and jealous. Also any one of my friends that get ...

Scary . help please.?
um .
so much happened in 13 years of my life.
my dad had a stroke , he's currently in the hospital . ive been accused of stealing , my mom got sued like 600 with financial difficulties ...

When does a person become becomes happy in life?

Lack of sleep?
wat happend if u dont sleep??...

Why do I do this?
I seem to be addicted to self destruction. I seem to constantly to want to put myself in bad situations, hurt myself and od frequently. Why do I keep doing this to myself. The latest thing I appear ...

I think I have a mental disorder, who can I talk to????
I always thought that I had OCD. It isn't because I like to clean or anything, it is just the compulsive habits and stupid obsessions that made me think it. I recently read an article on it ...

Is there anything wrong with self harm?
Its not as if its hurting anyone else....

What are people still doing up at this deadly hour????

Well..., black ppl scare me?
help how do i not be scarred of black ppl

i cant help it i just think theyre gonna stab me or sumthin

wat can i do 2 get over this cuz its makin things bad 4 me....

Has anyone got any wierd phobias?
Share ...

Why can't i stop thinking about ending my life?
i hate my ...

Does anyone know how to cure fear of spiders, just seen one on my bed now cant sleep p.s. it was big?
I am totally obsessed with one touching me, and the worse thing is I'm a 6 foot 3 bloke, just seen one massive spider on my bed, absolutly hate them!!!...

Have you ever been to the moon?

Additional Details
dpilipis: That question is three-tarded beacause I tarded it in United States, Australia and United Kingdom......

I'm always unhappy no matter what I do...help?
Hi, I'm a 14-year-old girl that is always depressed no matter what happens. If something good happens, I don't feel anything....I have an anxiety disorder...I cry every night for at least 2 ...

Depression and ecstacy? - please don't judge...?
Hi everyone, I've been sliding further into a depression the last few months, and have attributed much of this to suppressed childhood trauma, a failed marriage and an ex who chipped away at my ...

Do people that ask question like this need help?
http://answers.yahoo.com...

People with depression...?
do you ever feel that you don't actually want to get better?
ok, i don't know how to explain this...
i've been diagnosed with depression...i have a lot of suicidal thoughts......

Im so upset i cant stop crying
Im sooo emotional and I don't know why! Im crying and being paranoid. He mentioned his ex to some one telling them where she was from and even that made me pissed off. But it sounds like im some ...

What is needed for good sleep at night?

cutelittledeadgirl7
What can i do to stop cutting?
I feel depressed alot and just seeing blood gives me back some sense of reality i yearn for but all my friends dont want me to. what should i do?
Additional Details
i cant go to a doctor my mom is phyco and doesnt think mental illnesses are real. i would have gone by now but i cant leave my house to get help.

Titus
talk to your family doctor so he can tell you where to go and look for a good therapist...you need professional help seek for it...

beatrice_edgin
You can wear rubber bands around your wrists and every time you feel the need to cut yourself coming on... pop the rubber bands against your skin until the urge begins to subside.
Mutilating yourself isn't the answer...Take up painting or writing they are great outlets for expressing yourself

bsmeli
Rating
You should seek professional help. Run a search on the internet for an angency near you. You might also want to look in the phone book for a counselor or program that specializes helping people who hurt themselves.

svthorsland
Rating
You could go to the psychologist and he/she will help you with your problem. you could also ask you mom or dad for help.

Bag-A-Donuts
You should seek help from a mental health professional. Right now cutting yourself is your way of coping with your feelings. A therapist will help you find another way to help you deal with your feelings. There is help out there.

sharika
this is what u should do take all your scissors and knifes away b4 something happens are u cutting yourself or clothes or something nvm!! u should go take a nice hot bath turn all the lights off and put candles all around the bath tub that will help you with your problem don't worry this is not something to worry about do u have ocd? well if u don't get rid of this problem your solution is to see a therapist!!! and help u god that u don't cut yourself bye great love

shmfunk
i cut myself from when i was 12 to when i was 21. i didn't stop until i started seeing a therapist and he said that if i continued to do it it would make him look bad. therapy cost a lot of money and i wanted to get out of there asap.

its not reality you're yearning by the sounds of it, it is control. try taking back some control of your life. find a friend who has supportive parents and see if you can stay with them for a while. call social services. try and get away from the psychotic parents. sounds like you have friends, it is okay to use them once in a while.

don't put the pressure on yourself to stop cutting. put the pressure on to take control of your life. the cutting will stop once you have control.

goodluck!

lilguerrero16@sbcglobal.net
i think the best answer for this question is to see some one u trust and just sit down with them and tell them your problem and y u do it. ex: girl in my school last year always cam to school with cuts on her arm. my good friend kyle went up to her and recomended her to see some one she trusts and believes can help her. over about 2 months the cuts were gone

precious_berri
You really need to see a doctor..this is a form of a psychological illness which can affect you through your entire life.. please see a doctor before your body yearns to go to more extremes

tanie_kitty
Rating
You should talk to a counselor. I used to cut and I got help for it. I still get urges to, but I wear a rubber band or hair tie on my wrist instead. That way I can just snap that and it makes me not wanna do it.

dukefan4life
Rating
http://crystal.palace.net/%7Ellama/psych/injury.html

try this site...hope it help

JFSRRP
I use to do the same thing. Now I have scars on my arms that will never go away. Try doing something else. go to a counsiler at your school they can help. or have yourself commited then your mother can not stop it and you can get the help that you need. I was institutionalized for a while but i am a better person now. good luck.

brodiemojo
Rating
If you have any relationship with your mom-even if it's not the best-you need to appeal to her maternal instinct. Write her a letter. Tell her you love her and need her help. Tell her you don't understand it all, but you are hurting and scared. Tell her without her help you can't succeed.

If your mom and you do not, or can not communicate, then find the next closest person who will help. A direct, honest appeal for help is hard to do-but it is also very liberating and the first step to getting better.
Good luck

sophie_beautiful2000
get help from a clinic hurry before it's to late

dirtbikechiky
Rating
I had the same problem to. I stopped cause my boyfriend threatened to leave me again if i didn't stop. I have stopped for a month and a half. Get people to help you. Also buy a stress ball and exercise.

Bobby T
Rating
Talk to your mother, if that is not helpful, go to your school counslor, let them know that you ahve this problem and you need help! I'll say a prayer for you! BEst of Luck

ugh
instead of cutting yourself do something that will not harm you, yet will leave the same sensation... like running your hand under a real cold tap... after a while it hurts... but it wont leave marks like cutting.... and go see a doctor, they'll help you and tel you what to do instead, thats wot they told me :)

Jessie
I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this - it's something I've struggled with for almost 10 years, so believe me, I understand where you're coming from.

It's probably best that you speak with a therapist about cutting, because together you might be able to determine your personal triggers and come up with alternatives to cutting when you feel anxious.

That said, it's never been something I've wanted to talk about with anyone. But alternatives are always a good thing. There are lenghty list of alternatives on these websites:

http://www.geocities.com/self_harm/alternatives.html
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/pamela/alternatives.html

If you want to stop, you can stop. Good luck to you!

wonderer
Rating
I'm so sorry that things have gotten to the point where you feel like cutting. If you live in a neighborhood where you can do it, try going running next time you feel like cutting.
I also strongly suggest that you find someone to talk to, weather it is a friend or family member, or clergy person, or if you're a kid, the school guidance counselor. Talking about whatever is bothering you may help you to release some of the tension so that you don't feel like cutting yourself to begin with. Whoever you talk to may also be able to talk to your mom and maybe convince her that you should be seeing someone, which is not a bad thing to do. Acknowledging when you need help and trying to get it is a very mature, responsible thing to do. If you can't find anyone to talk to, even writing down what you're feeling may help some.
I really hope that you are able to resolve whatever is bothering you, and I hope things work out alright with you and your mom.

freestuf4me
Rating
You really & truly need help. Did your mom tell you she wouldn't take you? Also you have friends but can't leave the house? What about when you're out of the house? Talk to your school guidance counselor, a teacher, a pastor (even if you're not a church member) or another responsible adult. You need this help and if you can't get it & your guardian won't provide it there are definitely alternatives.

In the mean time, pray. Pray that God will allow you to have the strength to carry one 5 more minutes without cutting yourself. Then promise yourself you will wait 5 min. When that 5 min. is up, tell yourself you'll do it in 5 min., then wait. Keep doing this as long as it takes until you can put it off for 15 min., an hour, up to 1 day. Then continue doing it 1 day at a time until you are free. But get some help and get it quick! Just don't give up. I'm in your conrner, praying for you as well.

LayZee
Rating
use a butter knife next time, so u can realize how stupid cutting urself is.

Mr. Hahn
Rating
see a psychologist

nycin2007
If you're a student in a public school they will have an on site psychologist. . If he's good then he can help you, and he can't tell your parents that you are seeing him. Also, if it's for the sensation and not to see the blood, but a rubber band around your wrist. Every time you feel like cutting you can snap the rubber band as hard as you want. It gives the same sting. Also, if your mom doesn't believe mental illnesses are real, show her your cuts.

creativereading
You need to get some professional help. Cutting is a serious symptom. It is unhealthy. Not only could you possibly get infections from the cuts, but one day you may cut too deep or the wrong place. There are so many alternatives out there for relief. Believe me every moment of your life is real, whether you are cutting or not. Please talk to a counselor, your parents, someone.

teambargain
You need a therapist who deals in self injury. If you don't you won't have the key elements to quit. It's not easy to stop on your own, not without some good support systems in your life, and for your mother not to understand that in itself is not a good one. Good luck

genesisone31
GO TO PSYCHOLOGYDEBUNKED.COM AND SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO FIND FREE COUNSELING. YOUR MOM IS RIGHT . SHE ISNT PSCHO SHE JUST LOVES YOU. MY MOM PUT ME ON MEDS AND I GOT REALLY MESSED UP FROM THEM. I WISH I HAD A MOM LIKE YOURS TELLING YOU MENTAL ILLNESSE ARENT REAL. WHY DONT YOU JUST PRAY AND ASK GOD TO GIVE YOU THE RIGHT ANSWER?

nieser77
Rating
You need to seek some professional help before this goes way to far and you do some irreparable damage to yourself. Help is out there so go and get it.

Annie79513
Rating
Don't cut your self cause if you hit a vain you will bleed to death.

StarCy
Rating
See a theropist or a doctor, sometimes talking to a trusted adult helps or talking to someone that really cares enough to listen and try to help you. Something i've heard of is putting a rubber band around your wrist and pulling it every time you feel like cutting youself, but that sounds cruel to. So I would recomend just going to a doctor or theropist because even though some people don't like them they can help.

carobygirl
Rating
Sweetie, find somebody to talk to in person or call a cutting hotline.

1 800 DONT CUT or 1-800-366-8288

prince uranus
hey sweetheart--you need to seek professional help. go to your counselor at school. tell them the whole thing and they will do their best to help you. tell them about your mom not thinking mental illnesses are real. that's a form of mental illness itself. get help. tell whoever you have to to get that help.

my mom sounds a lot like yours. i didn't have 'problems' i was the way i was to get 'attention'. real people don't 'have' mental problems, they are just doing that for 'attention'. 'no one in this family is going to see a doctor for THAT! what would everyone say?' 'you're just acting this way to hurt me! why do you never appreciate anything i do for you?' 'NO, we're not going to go see a doctor! what would that do to your father?'

'you just don't care about anyone but yourself'

have you heard all these answers? i was an adult before i was able to seek mental help for my depression. been medicated and good for over 2 years now. thank God!

please---go see a counselor or call family services. you need help and its criminal not to see that you get it. don't wait till you're an adult to get help like i did.

best of luck to you. if you need to email me, go for it. i'd love to talk more if you need to.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy