Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis!?

Person
What's your best excuse for your cuts?
If someone sees your cuts, what do you say? Like, my current cover story (which is kind of lame) is that I was sitting in chem and I broke some glass (this part is true), and then I got curious to see if the glass would cut me, and then omg it did! But that is really lame. So I was wondering what your stories were?

sOuL dOcToR
Rating
The Best Excuse for Cutting yourself is utter Stupidity nothing else !

unworthychild
Rating
Okay first of all I would like to say that MOST people do not cut themselves for attention. They lack the emotional coping skills to deal with their internal pain. Some people do it because the physical pain is easier to deal with than the emoitonal pain, some people do it because they feel numb and want to feel real, and after awhile it actually becomes an addiction because your body releases chemicals that make you feel good. The sad thing is people avoid the real issue and write the problem off as a need for attention. Even if it is for attention, is that person not crying out for help?

If you are looking for a cover story your probably not doing it for the attention. I've used all kinds of stories to hide the truth from outsiders. It was my dogs, my cats, I was in a wreck (yes I used to cut myself that bad). I went exploring in the woods and the briars got me.... etc...

I was hospitalized and medicated. The medication didn't work and I spiraled out of control. They even did electro-convulsive therapy on me, but to no avail. The only thing that saved me was God, whom I realized was all I was missing all along. That is not to say I immediately stopped cutting... but I cut less and less... I haven't cut myself in almost four years. I do however have the scars that testify to the battle.

P.S. Never tell a cutter that there cuts aren't deep enough to be taken serious. That is like daring them to hurt themselves worse.

Mister Nice Guy
Rating
I make a joke out of it. "I cut myself shaving." This works best if the cut is on the elbow or fingertip.

MNG

rainsong41
dont give excuses

amedyr
Rating
Instead of searching for excuses, maybe you should get some help... If something is bothering you so much that you have to cut yourself to feel some relief, you definitely should find a way to solve that problem.

attila
I Like Attention.

Martin S
Instead of looking to find a cover story, why don't you look to find the reason why you cut yourself? I can tell you one thing. If you turn to God through Jesus Christ and ask to receive his Holy Spirit you will get supernatural power to overcome this harmful predilection and receive eternal life to boot!

obscuremagic
Rating
if you have a cat you could say something about your cat playing with you and scratching you really bad or something. thats what i do sometimes. if you dont have one, say a friend does and its a crazy cat, and you were over their house the other day or something. or i say i fell into a wall, because i am clumsy like that... but its kind of dumb. usually i just try to keep things covered up to avoid questions. good luck.

Kittn
Rating
I hope you are not joking about this. People that cut (and not for attention) hide their scars and cuts. It is a disease. I started cutting when I was 12 years old, before I had even heard about what it was. I have severe depression and anxiety and had trouble coping with the pain inside by making pain on the outside. But people have turned this into an attention getter. For some reason people considered "Emo's" or whatever use this is a way to symbolize their difference in the world. But to me it's sickening to use it for those reasons. If you seriously have a mental issue that causes it, then get some help and on the right medication. But if you use it to get attention, then you are just downright sick!

needtoknow
Rating
Cutting and/or burning is most often the symptom of a mental disorder known as borderline personality disorder if you are cutting don't look for a way to cover it up look for a way to stop it today it seems to be a fad among some to cut themselves I guess this could be consider a attention seeking behavior personally I can think of a lot of better ways to get attention

sussudio1605
Rating
the cat did it

jessica rabbit
tell them its none of their business........and it isn't if you have issues

roninscribe80
Same as Sussudio, when I did it I would blame it on the cat. I heard that one way to make you stop doing it is to treat yourself like a particular person you truly love, then ask yourself if you would cut them. I stopped cutting when I realized that I was hurting others more than I was hurting myself.

unbelievable
Rating
You should consult with your Physician as soon as possible, this is a serious problem. I know of one girl who cut both of her arms so bad that she only could dress with long sleeves. Your Doctor can help you to get in touch with the right people!

~"B.Y.H."~
Mine is scraping:
dermatillomania
& it started 11 years ago when I got burned severely leaving the left side of my body disfigured/monstrous...I have been tearing my body in that area up ever since trying to make the whole thing go away.

lilac402009
Rating
Mine are so lamer then yours sometimes I say my cat scratched me or this is the truth I have long and sharp nails and I one time cut my arm and the skin came off.

jwatson7307
Rating
First of all let me say that these IDIOTS who are actually telling you places to cut yourself should be totally ashamed of themselves! This isn't a comical situation...this is a freaking life your talking about. They are having so much fun at your expense making stupid jokes about you wanting to harm yourself!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?? The others who are telling you good excuses to come up with when someone sees the cut..they're not doing you any good either!
You have asked this question three differnt ways on this site. And I have been reading the answers that others have given to you. The majority of them want to see you get help.

My advice is to STOP asking people on the Internet what you should do to HIDE or LIE to others about your cutting and START asking others who have been there how they STOPPED THE OBSESSION to harm themselves. You obviously don't have a death wish for yourself...cause it's my guess that if you REALLY wanted to do it--you would have done it by now. Get yourself some help....and get it FAST.
One of these times you just might do some real damage to yourself..and then it won't be only you who is hurting... Think about the people you love and those who love you..
TRY to love YOURSELF enough to reach out to someone you trust.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Inquisitive
I don't have a story, because I don't do it. I want to know your TRUE reason for doing it. It sounds like a call for help to me. You should tell your parents or a teacher about how you feel and seek counseling, immediately. Do you realize you are cutting the body that God gave you?

lil_sis
Rating
Yeah...its not such a good idea for you to cut...especially if someone found out. That happened to me once and one of my stupid ex-friends called the police and this really cute police officer came to my door, threatening to take me to a mental hospital. Now I regret doing that because I felt like such a mental physco in front of a really cute police officer. What made it worse...was that there was 2 of them!!!

dave72879
WHOA YOU NEED THE LORD IN YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtms5467
Rating
why would you want to cut?

hohnancy
Your "story" would make you look really stupid. Just say you accidently cut yourself on broken glass (a broken glass vase; broken glass bottle; etc.). But that would be called "lying". It's better to tell the truth...although if you really want to cut yourself, get professional help.

itsmeagain
I am a 50 year old woman who has been cutting for over 20 years. Yes, I take meds for it, and yes I see a doctor for it, but at times the pain is so overwhelming, that is the only relief for the pain. I just wear long sleeved shirts and tell people I am "cold" and wearing the shirt to keep warm. People who have never been in so much pain that they have to turn to cutting, have no clue what it is like. They are very lucky. How fortunate for them to never know that bad of pain that you need to have the pain of cutting yourself to give you some release for a while. Too bad they can't be more understanding, instead of judgmental.

quatt47
Firstly if you cut yourself you have a problem and need help. Most self-harmers are seeking attention because of low self esteem or lack of friendship.

Secondly to actively try to continually find excuses for your cuts is as if you're trying to deny what you are doing or realising that the attention you are getting is not what you crave.

My advice is to stop this practice and seek help immediately. See your doctor and ask for councelling. It really does work and with help and support you can put this whole sorry episode behind you and move on to better things.

By the way I've looked at your profile and you've asked this question several times. You really do need help. GET IT!

Go on ... Go for it.

purple
Rating
you no there are more going on in your life than just cutting, the pain you feel inside you can learn to deal with it if you try..

♥♥♥ Pink ♥♥♥
Rating
Perhaps you should strongly consider some psychiatric help which should be facilitated by a professional. I bet you would find that getting your feelings "out" rather than bottling them would make you feel alot better about yourself and life in general.

merrigandesign
Rating
I do not need an excuse. I am not so stupid to cut myself on purpose.
Only EMOs do that shet

carobygirl
Rating
If you ever want to talk to somebody about cutting call

1 800 DONT CUT

This is a hotline for cutters.

crazycanuck7901
Rating
The fact that you need to cut yourself is scary, go seek medical help, counselling, medication etc. Or find a new hobby.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy