Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do you deal with thoughts of suicide?
Everything that could go wrong in my life has and i'm constantly plagued with suicidal thoughts. I've read other comments about this that say "take up a hobby" or something, but i&...

Are people really that gullible?

Does anyone else pull out their hair?
i pull out my hair and i think i have this condition called trichotillomania where you pull out your hair to relieve stress, and i was wondering if anyone else has this, and if they do, could they ...

I am thinking about suicide...help?
i have severe depression and major ODD. i cant get along with anyone in my family, i only have two good friends, and my medication does NOT work. im in DBT group and therapy but that dosent seem to ...

If you acheive only ONE dream before you die, what would you want it to be?

What do you do when your feeling low?
I've been feeling low the past few days, need to kick myself up the a*se and get out of it. Any suggestions?...

Plzz answer.Is it important to apologize when we do something wrong?
I never like to apologize to anyone eventhough i did something wrong.Is it a bad attitude?...

My boyfriend keeps stabbing me with a pencil...is this normal??
He's done it like 5 times in a row now. It's Ow! He just did it again! Why is he doing this?? OW! he won't stop! Help!!! Is he normal??...

Forms of self harm?
Should people who hit themselves, seek help as much as those who cut? Or should they keep quiet as its more likely to be ignored and it isn't as harmful?

I know many people think it�...

Gimme another word for a fart!?

Does the pain ever go away?
My aunt and best friend past away on 4-27-2007, and it's been very hard for me. Sometimes, I am in a good mood, thinking and laughing about the fun times we had, but then I realize she's ...

Does it make me gay if...?
I think Johnny Depp is attractive by the way i'm a guy and friggin love woman but does this make me gay or metro or what?
Additional Details

Why cant you people answer a serious question?
some people have no shame whatsoever..people are opening their hearts to you on this site, and some of you are pig ignorant, why dont you bloody grow up, and just think with your tiny little brains ...

I saw a really scary movie and now i'm a wreck. What do I do?
I absolutly hate scary movies and usually don't watch them. My cousin convinced me to watch the Skeleton Key at a little sleepover we had and said it was just a thriller and not scary in the ...

Would you turn in your own sister if she was abusing her children?
I did...I spoke up...and now I am the bad guy in the family. I still think that I did the right thing. By the way, the abuse was of a mental/psychological and verbal nature, and I would catagorize ...

What was the last thing that scared you?

Dads funeral at 2pm how do i keep it together?
scared of breaking down big time and embarrassing ...

My mom dosent like me.Is it my fault?
My mom hates me.She scolds me everytime.I am 17 years old,good at studies and i never did any wrong things in my life.My mom says i am not so good looking but i think i am beautiful.She irritates me ...

How can i be happy ??

Whats the point of life?
At an all time low, health problems, friend problems, job problems, seriously what is the reason. I know there is no set answer, but good to hear some views. Happy new year all and 10 points for best ...

kit kat
What's the way out of loneliness?
people keep telling me to go to groups but i never seem to meet anyone interesting there. only people who already have friends/family. or otherwise how do find contentment in solitute?

Smellyteddy
Rating
just be your self or maybe go on speed datin or just go down the puband randomly get chattin

Bubbybaby
Try reading the book of John in the Bible or Psalms in the Old Testament. It has a lot of insight into life and healing the human heart.

Also, you may try doing some volunteer work in a field that interests you. They usually post a volunteer section in the newspaper. Helping someone else can really help you focus on the bigger picture, instead of being so focused on your own problems.

Lastly, get out there and get busy living life.

convictedidiot
keep busy,
you are only lonely if you have time to think.
So if it doesn't work out for you right now, start something which you like to do. Best several something. Pick at least one thing you can get really enthusiatic about. Then go to classes/groups, not for the people but for the subject. Chances are that you meet more interesting people if you meet doing something you are both interested in anyway. Try to become expert about your subject, that usually will require you to learn from other people and maybe one day you can teach yourself classes in that. Could be sports or arts, whatever makes you enthusiastic.
Actually volunteering is also a very good suggestion. Everybody loves a volunteer!

If you are mainly looking for romance and soon, don't go to the church social but to a singles club...

sweet-cookie
you need to like yourself more ,
this way you will show confidence and meet people .
hold your head high , go on do it !
you are worth so much more, than you think!!! !
achieve something,is really hard to succeed in !
take an art or math degree. Be bold and help people
believe me, when you have some self esteem ,
the whole world will be at your feet and you will be so busy,
you will find, you are not lonely anymore
very best wishes
:o)

Awesome Bill - Go Bums!
Before you can be part of any relationship, it is essential that all persons have a relationship of respect with themselves.

Shockey Monkey
Rating
www.plentyoffish.com

get friends, dates or something else - completly free

Topez
First you've got to be happy with yourself and know how to keep yourself busy. Also, you've got to be comfortable doing things by yourself. Your outer appearance and confidence will show to others - which in turn will draw people to you. Take a class in assertiveness. I took one years ago and it helped a great deal.

Happy Mama
make friends with yourself, i'm serious, it worked for me. i mean learn to enjoy yourself and your own company when you are your best friend.

moveplease
get a hobby, volunteer at your local library, humane shelter, etc., start going to church, join a book club, etc., clean your apartment/house from top to bottom, hang out with your parents or siblings, visit some far away place, join the peace corps, just get off your keester and do something!

mrscmmckim
Rating
Solitude is enjoyable when one fully understands ones self. I suggest a few counseling sessions to get yourself in tune with body, mind and soul. Then, find what motivates your interests and go after a hobby associated with that interest.

I personally like to be alone since my imagination is so vivid, I can write a story in my head while driving in silence and entertain myself for hours. I can lay on the couch alone and visualize what I want to do in life, then do it!

I met my hubby on the Internet. I suggest if you are determined to have a relationship, join a chat group and work hard at fitting in.

Jacks036
I feel lonely sometimes too even though I have may man right here in the house. We are at the end of our relationship. I love him but I feel so all alone unless my kids and grands come over.
You could go to groups and just meet people and talk. Don't seek companionship. It will come to you when least expected.
You left out a lot of detail. Email me.

Red Rooster
Rating
Find a pet like the dogs you can see on tv that are at the pound waiting for an owner to save them from extinction. You not only gain a friend to care for,but have the good feeling of having saved a life! You will not have the time to sit and think about your lonelyness.

cookiesmom
learn to like your own company and remember that there is a difference between being lonely and being alone

sugar n' spice
Rating
going to new places you've never been before to meet new people attend social events, mingle at parties and stuff. don't worry eventually you'll meet someone interesting. they're out there, you just haven't found them yet. =D

yup...
well do u like the groups, go 2 a certain kind of group of something that you enjoy and mayb u'll meet some1 there

fourangels
Rating
you need to learn to love yourself and then the friends will come. If you can't stand being alone how will people like being around you. Keep telling yourself the good qualities about you and believe you are special. Everyone in life is special.

Shtephâ„¢
Rating
go clubbing
go to the gym
go to the park
go anywhere

find someone
like them
love them
never let them go.

end of that story

Ronijn
You need a significant other. Plain and simple. A group can't show you real love. Love is the only way out of loneliness. I'm there myself, and still looking.

Muy Buena
Rating
find a hobby , you will meet friends that like the same thing you do and if not you will have something to keep you busy and happy . or adopt a pet. it is harder to meet friends when you are already out of school but it can be done just put your self out there.

koko
Rating
I wish I knew

River Runs
get a hobby

nikki
get a dog!!

screw head
Rating
Just don't hide away. It's your world out there too ; you have every right to enjoy every joy it has to offer as much as any other person on this planet --- even if it may be by yourself.

camille s
I'm afraid you won't find it here. Get off the computer and get out. Go places where there are people with your same interests. Poetry reading, coffee shops, museums, etc.

redirishactress
Rating
Take your time! You can't always meet intresting people right away. Keep going to groups or get involved with an activity that you like, try taking a class somewhere that has something that holds your interest!

When its the right time with the right place with the right people, then you will know!!

van kedileri
group meetings are tough, better one on one stuff. Do you have hobbies and interests that can fill hours of solitude? patience will help you outta this jam, too. Be calm and outgoing

R J
well you obviously can't find contentment alone...try taking as many "adult education" or "continuing ed" courses as you can fit into your schedule. Learn subjects that really excite you. You'll work on projects with other people and discuss something you have a passion for- a PERFECT way to cultivate friends.

You have to just start PICKING friends and understand that THEY aren't any kind of "key" to your happiness. It's ok if they have other friends/family- you should also.

Kate B ♥
Rating
I dont have many people who understand me, we sound pretty similar, lets me and you be friends, sorted - we'll never be lonely again!

ponygirl
Rating
If you like and can keep pets,get a cat or a dog. I am alone and I have a cat.It helps me alot. I also read,go to movies by myself etc. Ask God to ease your loneliness.Good luck!

art_athome2004
Rating
loneliness is a state of mind. you can still be lonely when surrounded by friends and colleagues only you can cure your loneliness nobody else.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.224
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy