Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is it illegal to commit suicide?

What do you do when your mad?

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

My New Girlfriend is an Alcoholic! What should I do?
I have just found out that my new girlfriend of only 5 months is an alcoholic. I had know idea until this weekend when I found her totally drunk, dilerious and injured. It scared me like nothing in ...

I feat that i am going to hell?
and there isnt anything i can do about it. ifeel that lots of stuff that goes on around me is making my afterlife that much more horrible. is there a name for this kind of thinking? what can be ...

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

pinksparklybirdy
What's the secret of happiness?
Serious answers please - I have suffered on and off with depression all my life, and never seem to able to enjoy my life and be happy with what I've got. How does everyone else manage it?

infobrokernate
Rating
The secret of happiness is finding your ideal place in life and living the life you want.

You get this by:

-challenging yourself
-doing what you "Know" you were put on this earth for
-attempting something big

Alfie
Rating
No secret... seeking happiness for others is what you need. Works wonders.

Immanuel Kant
suffering from depression... see a psychiatrist. But to be happy one wants to have a strong sence of self accomplishment. This can be gained through many things you cant control ie: promotions, receiving compliments, etc... but can also be acchieved through making yourself a better person in your own eyes such as gaining knowledge, getting fit, etc...

in your case... this will come... but see a psychaitrist who can help these feelings come

stuartpaterson
Rating
It is different for different people.

For some it is a nice day, for others shopping, for others it is music or it can be quite.

If you are looking for a serious answer you have to look to yourself for the answer not on here.

I Seek
Rating
Doing good to others and helping other people!

PurplePompeyChic
Rating
random acts of kindness, sharing , love and passion

Adam C
I do sympathise with your quest for happiness. It's easy to theorise about the happy/sad dichotomy but takes some real effort to practice what's necessary for happiness. In essence I would say that you find happiness by letting go of negative thinking habits. In Buddhist terms, the truth of happiness is in letting go, not grasping suffering. That beautiful and mysterious element which can "know" depression, is not attached to depression. Reflect deeply on this and you will understand the truth of non-suffering. The 'self' will always experience painful experiences as a human being. The mental/physical senses are always being impinged upon in some way or other as we all know but 'pain' is another thing than 'suffering'. There can be pain without suffering (completely or by degree). Google search for 'Dhamma Threads Amaravati' and discover the most beautiful natural methods of transcending depression. You CAN be happy ! Blessings to you.

Joanne W
Love
Hope
Kindredness
Kindness
Caring
Spirit
Trust
Positive thinking
Being open. xxx

Moorglademover
Rating
Contentment.
If you are happy with your lot, and are under no pressure, from anyone.
And living with a loved one.
....result. Happiness.

Ian B
Hiya, there is no magical secret, i'm the same as you i've suffered from depression pretty much my entire life on and off, well and truly on at the moment !! However, on days when you aren't feeling too good, try to sit down and concentrate on the positive things that have happened in your life, I know this isn't easy to do, but even just trying will help. One other thing that does sometimes help is do something that makes you smile once a day, this could be reading a book, listening to music, watching your favourate film, anything that you know will put a smile on your face. There is a lot of good help out there, and a lot of people who know what you are going through and care about you. Yahoo Answers is one of the things I do to put a smile on my face, if I can help one person, then it's been worthwile. You're not alone with how you feel, and there will always be someone you can talk to, feel free to message me anytime you like, and i'll do my best to put a grin on your face !!

lil em
Rating
This links to an article on happiness:

crispycrump
positive attitude....
- seeing the good in others
- seeing good in yourself
- taking pleasure from small things such as a good meal or a sunny day
- having positive interactions with friends and family
- feeling fulfilment
- having stability and basic needs met such as enough food, warmth, shelter, finance

My♥Human♥Is♥My♥Slave
Spend less time thinking about ourselves, our wants, needs, desires, and spend more time thinking of other's wants, needs, and desires.

It's all about focus. Focus on yourself, and you'll find problems.
Focus on others, and you'll find solutions.

Minun
Rating
there is an old saying out there...."Ignorance is bliss"....that is happiness. Not knowing and being okay with that. ....I think......(?)

zaphodsclone
Releasing all atachments to the physical world.

If you covet anything you will be miserable.

It is called a secret because nobody can really answer this question, it is more a matter of individuality and growth.

Ivan R
Rating
Hello,

(ANS) The secret of happiness is there is no! secret to happiness it doesnt exsist. Its a total & utter illusion.

**Happiness doesnt involve any secrets.
**Happiness is NOT controlable.
**Happiness occurs spontanously when the conditions for it are right, & when the time is right.

**Happiness is Zen like, the more you chase after it the more is disappears over the horizon.

**Happiness is a state or being, a condition of exsistence, an experience.

**happiness ocurrs when there is an absence of pain, when there is no insecurity, no fear, no worrying, no anticipation of what might be.

**You can only fully experience real deep happiness if you are 100% totally in the "now" of each moment. That means your centred in the centre of yourself, your NOT thinking about your past and what could have been if only I had done X,Y or Z and your not think about whats too come in the future.

"Mindfullness" is a state of exsistence that cannot be expressed in words really but is achieved through a process of concentration meditation. I believe this is true happiness it arises from a lack of pain, desire, longing, it is a state of non attachment yet one which is fully grounded & centred.

IR

sosgez
Rating
Take pleasure in little events that are cheap and unusual. I sat on my kitchen floor and ate my dinner by fading moonlight as the lunar eclipse turned its face red.

MisE
Rating
the secret to happiness thats tough. um i had a slight problem with that to but i figured out that i had to find things that were enjoyable to me and do them often. everybody has diffrent things that make them happy some its dancing others it reading or something you just have to find your own groove of happiness

good luck!!

mechelle
I have close family members who also suffer from debilitating depression. Talk about it. Find a good psychologist who can help you learn coping skills, relaxation skills, and find out what is the root cause of the depression: Environmental or Heredity, or a combination of both. Do not rely on your own "self will" to get better. Depression is a medical disorder that requires pharmacological (meds) and psychological (therapy)treatment. Do not be ashamed of your depressive disorder. You can't help it. It is a chemical imbalance or response to a traumatic experience. Either way, you are not at fault. Those people who tell you to get over it or pick yourself up and go on with your life, apparently have never suffered from this problem. It is treatable and you have a greater chance of getting better if you seek treatment as soon as possible. Most important, give your worries over to God and ask him to help you get through the toughest times. He is always there, even when no one else can or will listen. If you haven't already, seek Him and walk with Him daily. This has been my secret to not giving into the depression when otherwise I would. I rely on Him to get me through the daily struggles. So far, I have been blessed with not having the severe debilitating depression, but I know many others who have. Therapy, medication, and God seems to be an uplifting combination. Good Luck and God Bless

moojkc
Rating
Don't have high expectations from life. Find good in things even when they seem awful. Share love and do nice things for people. Don't leave anyone or anything get to you. Think positive.

tangerine(R.I.P. Paul Newman)
I think that the secret to happiness is being able to see everything in its proper perspective. Of course, that's easier said than done, so cognitive behavioral therapy helps. I know, because I've dealt with depression for most of my life, as well.

monarchfly7
I think one of the beginning stages of learning to enjoy your life is giving yourself some positive feedback from time to time. We are not the ones who judge our lives, that is best left up to others. When we sit down and look critically at our own lives, it's like looking in the mirror at a flaw that we have in our faces -- we know it the best because we are the ones that look at it all the time. Loving life has more to do with not sweating the stuff that won't kill us, than it does "enjoying what we have" to begin with.

Depression is a tough thing to go through. There are many people in this country who suffer from it, and I would have to say that the American idea of -- get it fast, best, and now -- has a lot to do with that. We are human, not gods. We have our ups and downs consistently, but that is okay.

I wish there was a simple answer for your question but it lies in what you believe is important and yourself. Seeking professional advice for something like this is the best advice that anyone can give. These are not easy times to live in sometimes, but they are not the worst either. To start, when someone tells you something positive, just accept it as a compliment if directed to you. That is how they view the world, and sometimes our own lives sound better from someone else's perspective rather than our own criticisms.

Hang in there!

rhsaunders
Rating
Spend at least some time every day doing something that you enjoy doing. Also, speak to your doctor; depression can lead to serious problems, and appropriate medications can be helpful.

Slim Whitman
Rating
Live each day as if it's your last. Go for the gusto each day.

mkandfa4rever
there is no secret

just be happy for what you have and not what you want

god bless you

Violet Pearl
Rating
Body, mind and spirit.
Body: eating a very healthy diet without any sugars or junk. Mild (not vigorous) exercise regularly. People who have low blood sugar can become very depressed and fatigued easily. Balance is the key.
http://hypoglycemia.org/hypo_test.asp
Mind: keeping a positive attitude, doing even a few small things I enjoy each day- sometimes as simple as dancing around the house to a couple of songs I like. (this works to raise your endorphin levels)
http://www.recoverfromdepression.com/betaendorphins.htm
Spirit: I pray and listen to uplifting sermons with great music daily. Everyone has problems and feels down, but I just ask God to help me through it, and then thank him for giving me strength. Counting your blessings is a good way to see your life in a different light.
Take care.

madmoo0
learning to love yourself would be the first point of call.

Karan Madhok

mel
find contentment. realize that society is flawed and live your life to the fullest in spite of it.

Look up "desiderata" online.

Bob The Bright Yellow Dahlia!
Eat well, sleep well, exercise often, take a break from being adult from time to time. Do your own thing and don't worry about being criticised for it .If it isn't harming others then it's none of their damm business. Enjoy being in the elements as wind, rain, sunshine, snow and stormy weather all have a profound effect so far as energising you. Don't be consumed with nasty people: have faith that they'll get their comeuppances. Enjoy being creative: if you can't draw, paint or cook then buy a packet of seeds and watch them grow with a sense of pride. Have faith that you have those that respect and love you. Some **** told me I had no friends tonight but I know I make friends wherever I go. Don't watch the news. Don't compare yourself unfavourably with others. Spend a little of your money on foolish things that amuse you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy