Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do you cry blood instead of tears?
I know this question is quite stupid and pointless but I've always wondered how it would happen. And of course, I will not do it. Just curious....

What do you do if you feel like suiciding?
when you are so angry and sad ..sometimes you feel like suiciding but you just cant ..is there's any other effective solution ?
..what do you do when you are extremely angry ?...

Please answer honestly....?
Do you ever feel like you can't shut off your brain? Does it ever get so bad to where you become anxious? How do you deal with it when anxiety becomes too much to bear? Even when you have no ...

Do I Need Anger Management?
This last year i have had a very hard time,

i have depression and take anti depressants but ive ran out of my pills and havent been able to affored them

i lash out alot at my ...

Has a paranoid schizophrenic got the right to drive on our road's.?
An idiot across the road from me, drive's a car, they got from the mobility group.They have conned them, there is nothing wrong with them, they sell there medication, they get free.If they won�...

Is This Crazy . . . or a Mid Life Crisis??
I had so many questions about becoming an actor. . . . and i took everyones negativity so I settled for community college and am majoring in business. But everytime i watch a movie or listen to a ...

I Have No Appetite Due To My Depression - How Do I Force Myself To Eat Agian?
Its getting kind of hard... I drink water and sometimes other things, but I'm not hungry in the least....

Does anybody else have this problem?
I don't know it just seems that I can't go a day without making some sort of stupid mistake at work. I work in a hospital as a receptionist and it requires a lot of concentration and ...

My parents tell me to kill myself.?
And they are serious. I am a 30yo 'good girl' (drug-free, mentally stable, in good shape, have a great job). And my parents are just middle class 'normal' people.

I ...

Are question boards such as this one more effective at spreading knowledge, or stupidity?
A web site such as this seems to be a great idea for spreading knowledge through the masses in allowing people to ask and answer any question. However, a problem occurs when one considers that most ...

What do you think about people who cut themselves?
Like do you think there weird, attention seekers, or "emo", or just sad kids?...

My sister is dating and going to marry a bipolar boyfriend. Should he be sterilized?
My sister is dating and madly in love with a guy who had bipolar. Im concerned because they are going to marry and she might have children with him. Shouldnt he be sterilized?

Please dont ...

Hello world.....how's your week been???
my week has been full of the little things in life:) you know like, the dishwasher decided to breakdown and gotta wait till next friday till it gets fixed(its only 3 mths old) the fridge died so had ...

So I have this phobia of using the phone...?
yea it sounds dumb but I really do...I was wondering if those are symptoms of a disorder or if it's just a really bad phobia...
Additional Details
I won't call people on the ...

Stress is a monster and it's eating me alive, what can I do?
I'm under a lot of stress, a lot more than is healthy for me. I think it's taking a toll on me. I feel detached from reality, am sensitive to noises, forget things easily, and feel like ...

Why do they do that ?
i have a friend that cuts herself and she told me that she has over 120 scars.. anyone have a idea why someone would do that to themselfs ?
Additional Details
its not likes she's 17...

Do you have a wild imagination?
if so, what do you think happens in the seconds from switching a light switch off? in your own theory and imagination. I think of it like as though electricity goes back to the pilons in a field near ...

I think I have social anxiety disorder can someone help me?
im 15 years old. i constantly feel like people are judging me and staring at me while im in public. i dont know how i developed this.. i know that i am pretty, smart, and athletic but this is ruining ...

Do you think i'm pathetic?
i dont have any friends and all i do all day is watch tv and go online. Is that pathetic?...

I need to get a life?
can some one help me i need a life i am a bum i dont work i just sit on the computer all day i tried to look for a job but no one will let me have one i will do anything for a job but i tried ...

1stronger
Verbal vs. physical abuse...which is worse?
no one should ever tolerate either one...but which is worse and has a lasting affect...such as scarring the soul...
what does it do to you..and how can you hep heal someones who's verbally abused to get back what they may have lost

Alexander H
Verbal abuse is mad up, how can words hurt somebody. Our society worries far to much about people's emotional well-being.

liddle_angel
Rating
I think that mentally abused people can eventually heal from that if they find the Lord and Jesus and forgive the perpertrator...physical wounds are sometimes a constant reminder of what the person did to you..but they can both be healed with the Lord.

anonfuture
Physical for sure.

With verbal abuse you can either tune it out or talk back. Words can't kill you. It's more of a psychological battle of wits and how you react to it.

When it's physical then it's doing real bodily harm with indisputable consequences that could wind up permanently injuring you and/or killing you.

A broken heart can heal. A ruptured heart can't.

janet
Both! been there and believe me its both!

Tracey
Rating
Both have a lasting effect.
I dont honestly believe that you can say one is worse than the other...... They both scar the soul immensely.
Someone that has been abused - verbally or physically- needs the reasurrance that it is NOT THEIR FAULT. They need to see that the abuser is the one that is at fault, there is no excuse at all for abusing someone. The abused need love and support to rebuild their lives, to be made to feel that they are as special and worthy of respect as everyone else.
Be there for them, let them know that they can talk at any time and that you will listen today, tomorrow or ten years time. The tiniest of things can trigger the horrid memories of abuse.
Good luck x

wirth_carol
Rating
emotional abuse is seen as being the worst because it seems to get internalized and the indivdual can continue the verbal or emotional abuse themselves with negative self talk and reinforcing the previous abuse over and over. with professional help you can change this process and regain most of what you have lost.

cutter_babe
Rating
verbal can destroy a persons self esteem and ruin their life! Physical is more of a temporary pain. I think Verbal abuse is worse!
The only help you can give is friendliness and councelling

funkyscorpion
verbal....!!! the former is much worse than the later...in fact both are bad and worst case scenario, but physical abuse tend to heal at some/certain point in time, whereas verbal does do that way, the hurtin' feelings/soul/mind of such words can be a life long time to heal [ or maybe not ] and not to mention to forget 'em....
at times, we have to see many factors involving such cases to happen and why?? we can console them, give some boost in confidence, moral support plays a part, but on the contrary, it will definately take time to heal form verbal abuse is severe and deep...to forgive and forget is not an easy task, been there done that, bcoz someone did verbal abuse to me 1 in family and 1 in friend and it really tore me down, sad distrought, stressed out, angry, etc and somehow from the boost and support of my wife, i manage to pull on together...

mightymite1957
All abuse scars the soul, verbal, physical, and emotional. It's difficult, if almost impossible to get back all, but it is possible to get back some. Usually, self-esteem is low, anxiety is high. Self blame, self doubt. Therapy helps tremendously, sometimes meds are needed too.

To "Alexander" who said that there isn't any such thing as verbal abuse, if you were told day after day, by someone who supposedly loves you, that you were ugly, fat, stupid, worthless, wouldn't you think that it would do some damage mentally? And some people have parents or husbands or wives that do this to them. It's cruel, and it hurts, and it's as bad as being hit.

dcavallaro2002
Physical abuse has mental with it as well. Both are horrific but i say physical.

nicisprite
I would much rather be hit. It makes it easier to walk away, and others will see bruises and be supportive. Verbal abuse leaves no visible scars, but it hurts so bad coming from someone you love so much. And you want so badly for them to love you and treat you nice, you stay with them just hoping that things will go back to being good. If they don't you become convinced that you don't deserve better because this person is supposed to love you, so maybe thats the "love you deserve."

sweetiern34
Being abused both ways, I'd have to say they were equally devastating.
Physical abuse leaves scars on your body, and sometimes they heal, sometimes not.
Verbal abuse leaves scars on your soul, on your being, on your sense of reality. Sometimes they heal, sometimes not.
Trust me, both are equally devastating. When women are in an abusive relationship, some say that they wish their boyfriends/husbands/partners would have just slapped them as that scar goes away. Being called a "useless, stupid, ugly, fat, lazy b***ch every few hours, you soon believe it. Mind you, when the abuser is physical, it is ALWAYS my fault that I made them get that mad in the first place, and after thinking about it, pretty soon, you believe that too. I can't pick on over the other, as they both leave scars that not even time can heal.....If you are in a relationship you think may be physically abusive or verbally, please, please, get out while you can!! I'm lucky, I got out. Not before serious damage was done, but I DID get out. I had loving friends, and a great family to help me. So, if that's you, GET OUT NOW! Helping someone who has been there? Just be very loving, very patient, let them talk when they feel like it, let them cry, you can try say touching them on the shoulder, but they might cringe. Just love them for who they are, and continue to tell them that they are beautiful, wonderful, caring, etc. Don't overdo it though. Just make a point of telling them something good about them without making it sound fake, cause they will be able to hear that in your voice. You do have to be careful, and very sensitive. Good luck, and I'll pray for that person!

EMAILSKIP
Both are not a part of a loving relationship. Think about it, if you really love someone and care about them--how could you be abusive. They can not both be part of a relationship. Treat the one you love with respect and decency.

SLEEP IS FOR SISSIES
Bruises heal. But things that people tell u and make u believe, hurt you for the rest of your life. Emotional abuse is the worst most damaging.

Stul
Rating
the law would say physical

omapat
Rating
Both damage the body and soul of a person
Both will damage the giver and the receiver.
Both will hurt for a life time.
A person that has been physically harmed will say "physical" and the person that has been verbally beaten will say "verbal" but the person that is both physically & verbally hurt will say "Both" always.
I don't think tolerating is a word a P&V person knows until they are out of the situation.
May sound corny but love & time still heal all things.

Brittany
physical abuse.

M-A- Double T
deep question, counselling for either would be good... get them out into the real world get them to go out with someone u know won't hurt them... I think that verbal is worse it can do a shitload of mental damage

Lisey
Verbal abuse lasts longer and counselling is a good way of realising you dont need to listen to the negative things you have been told

NIck N
they are both the most terrible , on is not worse than the other. It will take years of therapy to help their self esteem. Encourage the someone to seek help through therapy. It breaks down your self image thru time of verbal abuse. You are actually brainwashed to thinking you are less than you are. Physical abuse is much the same as one comes to expect that they are not worth living with unless they are abused. It is a sad state of affairs for the abused as it is the abuser that is really the one with the low self esteem and needs the other person to verbal or physcial abuse to help them feel like they are just above slime.

annie
physical abuse if there are brusies,broken bones etc, the body of course will heal it,but once someone has been beaten it does something to them, its hard to explain if you never been through it. On the other hand verbal will be with you forever,especially if you heard the same crap over and over again the person starts to believe the lies and you can not love yourself like you should be able to, and as far as healing it takes a long time i think, and sometimes if the hurt is real bad they will never get over it..

jamaica
verbal, because the emotional scars last forever.

zebo007
Rating
verbal

most physical abuse cures over time verbal doesn't

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy