Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Depressed about missing out on High School...?
I'm currently 18 years old, I'll be 19 in October. In 8th grade I pretty much dropped out of regular school and opted to attend an "Alternative School" for High School which is ...

Why is it that once l've been diagnosed with depression, Doctors and friends don't want to help.?
I've been diagnosed by my Psychiatrist that l have Borderline Personality Disorder, l told my GP and he said it a hard condition to treat, all he says is keep taking antidepressants and thats it....

Why does God only favor some and not others - why is God's love unavailable to me?
Faith and love only comes to those who god favors. That's why I plan to hang myself tommorow night.

A year ago my ex-girlfriend and I were drinking and fighting. We both had been ...

How do I stop procrastinating and get my life back?!?

How well do you know yourself?

I'm 16 and I cut and I don't know what to do... Please please somebody help me!!!!?
For the past 2 months I've been cutting up my legs and my left arm. It used to just be a little slash here and there, but now I'm cutting stars, circles, hearts and even WORDS! I've ...

Is it true that if you commit suicide, then you automatically go to Hell?
This is just a little something I've been wondering about for quite some time. I'm not saying I really want to do that, because I really don't. But I'm rather curious as to what ...

Why do people think that just by excerising, watching a movie, reading its going to help with depression??
Its funny to me when people on here ask for advice with depresssion and suicidal thoughts and some people just say oh just go for a run, read a book, or take on a new hobby or something or when ...

Do you have W.E.I.R.D. dreams?
Ones that make you think you're crazy & you're too embarrassed to talk about 'em? Please share. I won't judge....

My friend is addicted to runescape?
Please help!
In school it's all he talks about all day even though none of us play it any more.
He stays up all night 4 nights a week to play it (drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a night)<...

I'm scared of myself.....suicide question.....?
I've been contemplating taking my own life since I was 13 and I am now 16. I know some of you may say that if I really wanted to die I'd be dead by now. But the only thing stopping me is my ...

Self harm - please help?
well i stoped for nearly a month, but then i snapped. So i told myself that i could still cut but shallow, but its not working my self harms getting worce i don't know what to do please help me. ...

Are me and my friend disturbed for life?! Saw corpses!?
We just saw a bunch of dead bodies (On my Dad's computer!) :(
Are we?
I feel okay, a bit sick so does she....help?!
Additional Details
jesus christ I just want to know!

Am I addicted? Define addicted.?
Let me know if im addicted. I can stop anytime i want. But i have urges. I love to do it, but i can stop anytime. am i?...

I am scared!!!?
I am pretty sure i have postpartum deprssion. I am going to the doctor tomorrow moring. I am scared she is going to take my baby away or put me in a mental hospital. I don't feel i am a harm to ...

Does EVERYONE have adhd?
Is it just me, or does everyone have adhd all of a sudden? I've seen others use it as an excuse for being late, slacking on the job, and throwing temper tantrums. Has this "disease" ...

Be honest, do you ever...................?
Do you ever think about bumping yourself off? When your driving over a bridge, do you ever think about driving off it? When your crossing the street do you ever walk slowly across it and not look ...

Why am i so...?
empty iv got no ideas left and i cant think of anything its like when i try to answer a question and my minds just draws a ...

My stepson, 17 1/2 yrs old, still sleeps with a stuffed animal. He even packs it with him for vacations.?
I am concerned about this. He even went out to the car at 12 midnight to get his stuffed animal out, after getting home. Is this normal? He will be going to college in the fall....

I'm just broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago, and I can't get over it, I wanna die... what can I do?

Penny Lane
Talking to yourself out loud, problems?
Do you think that talking to yourself out loud could be a sign of mental illness, or am I just crazy to think that?
I constantly find myself talking very loudly to no one. I carry on complete conversations with myself and often get weird looks from friends, family, and strangers who see me just starting jabbering away.
I don't even realize that I do it most of the time. I try to control it, but I have a hard time just thinking in my head.

Do you do this too? Is it normal?
It's okay with me if you call me nuts, I don't care.

Madness
i think everyone talks to themselves sometimes
it only becomes a problem if it affects you living your life
if it does, see a doctor
if it doesnt, dont sweat !
x

Mark B
no it is normal to talk to your self i think...
yes i do it all the time but then i am not normal and proud of it :)
i call it a intelligent conversation with a intelligent person

Noneof y
Rating
If you would have a mental disorder like Schizophrenia.... you would not question yourself. Because you would believe it is real.

Sport
Rating
No, I wouldn't classify it as "normal," but I don't think it's a sign that you're nuts, either. I think most of us talk out loud to ourselves on occasion without even thinking about it. I remember the second that I realized I was going to be in a very serious head-on collision years ago while driving by myself. I held the wheel and said out loud, "Oh, my God!" And I am not a religious person.

Shay
Rating
lots of people talk to themselves. some just prefer to hear it out loud, while others do it under their breath

oli
Rating
i do the same thing, but i do it when i am alone, i knew people will think i am weird if i do it before people, u r no nuts, but u may want to keep it low profile,if u can't control yourself from doing it then i think u should visit a shrink, don't be too worry, u r not alone

joe
Remember we all do it in various degrees, so we are all nuts, don't worry about it please and welcome to the club, Iet him or her say they have never talked to themself and I will quizzacally raise my eyebrows.

Chelsea B
People sing outlooud. I think there is nothing wrong talking outloud.

chednez
Rating
I work at a law firm and there are plenty of attorneys who walk around constantly talking to themselves. I talk to myself as well. When I find myself doing it, it tends to be when there are a lot of things on my mind and talking them out helps me think more logically.

jmada05
You are NOT nuts. Its very normal to talk to one self! I do it a lot.,even answer myself @ times. When someone says to me "Are you talking to yourself?" I reply "Yes I like talking to some one intelligent" It,s normal, so dont focus on there being something wrong with you. Most people dont realize that they do converse with themselves/or care to admit they do, you are your own best friend, so why not talk to yourself?

jr95667
Not only is it normal, it's also normal to answer yourself. I do it all the time. I, like you, don't care what the reactions of others are. Keep on talking!!

jvega624
Rating
i do all the time. it is how i remember. if you are haveing full fledged conversationsand answering yourself you have issues.

Crazy Old Maurice
Rating
Yes, I do that too, only I talk to myself when I'm alone. When you talk to your friends or to anyone and you hear yourself expressing your thoughts, sometimes it comes out differently. I guess, when you talk (your thoughts) out, it would either confirm how strongly you feel about it or not. I noticed that I do this when I'm really upset. I find myself feeling better when I go through my thoughts by hearing them than just by thinking about them. Perhaps, my psyche just got comfortable doing it. Plus, I noticed my mom does it too when she's upset. (Maybe it's a genetic thing. The scary thing is most mental illnesses are genetic diseases.) I don't know if it's indicative of mental illness in the future. I don't think it is, at least I hope not.

bcivil07
Rating
i think that I should try more of that out loud stuff. I keep everything locked inside my head and it only makes me crazy at times. ha ha. Just watch what u say and who u are around...

Amy V
Rating
This completely normal, I think everyone does it in varying degrees.
It's only if you are hearing voices or talking to something that isn't there that is the problem. But talking to yourself even outloud, is not a sign of a mental problem.
Some people do it to concentrate more on what they are thinking. or sometimes to hear something outloud, helps you gain perspective on what you thinking about.

Suicidal Tendencies
Rating
well i talk to myself quietly at times too i mean like ill swear under my breath or like ill be reading or just saying things like oh i have to do this and this and this today or when im in a crowded store it happens too i dont think theres anything wrong with it its just something that happens

kitty91
Rating
I have the same problem too, just try and do it in your bedroom. Maybe u got a learning disability , because thats the main symptom of it, because you have to think someway so u talk to your self, so your basicly getting your thoughts in order. It could also be associated with a stressful life.
So relax your fine

Weeza
everyone does this once in a while, its if u hear voices back or if you believe you are speakin to someone who is not their then it becomes more of a possible mental health issue.

i think everyone talks to themselves, its probably stems from when we were small children we talked through our play to no one in particular (a recognised behaviour in children) and babies babble away whether anyone is listening, it just gets to a point in our lives where it becomes socially a little more embarrasing, it doesnt mean it makes you ill though.

nelabis
Many people do that, especially if they lead a stressful life.

'72 D-100
THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE!! LOL. listen, do you want to know what I think. i think we do this because our minds are too complex to focus and really dig into an important thought or topic without involving other aspects of function. I know what you mean about not just a random phrase, but FULL CONVERSATIONS, and for me, even the occasional arguments. trust me I'm not the only one who thinks this, but our minds and thoughts are FAR more organized and can process information much more efficiently by involving other functions (speech). hope this helps. just relax , we're also prone to anxiety.

Kane
I do this sometimes too, I think it's normal.

♫Rojas♫
Rating
LOTS of people do that!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy