Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis!?

Why do i wake up in the morning...?
and not feel like doing anything, i just feel like nothing is worth it, im not gonna kill myself, and this isnt a cry for attention i would just like some opinions ...

Im a rape victim, what can i do?
last year i was raped, now i find myself having commitment issues, i dunno wot to do.. does anyone have any ideas to help me get over it except for therapy
Additional Details

Please help i am becoming an alcoholic how do i stop!?
I am starting to drink anything alcoholic in the ...

:]
Suicidal thoughts...?
the past few days I have been insanely depressed. I usually cry before I go to sleep and usually for no reason. I just keep focusing on the bad parts of everything. This has happened a lot when I was only 12 (2 years ago). I even tried to commit suicide twice when I was 12. I tried to overdose on pills and my parents told the doctors that I was just looking to attention. They thinking too young to be depressed (which I probably am)

But today I have basically just realized that were all just going to end up dead in the end anyways. I've already tried therapy and I'm too nervous to call a hotline. And I definatly dont want to talk to my parents about it since we aren't even close at all.

Is there anything else I can do?
Additional Details
I'm a girl. Not a boy. ):

jbkthenerd
Why are you depressed? What is the reason?

Heather
No. Do not let yourself think these things. You are not too young to be depressed. I have been depressed ever since i was 10 (diagnosed at 11). Try focusing on other things in your life. You have a future ahead of you. You are only 14 years old. You are entering the most amazing parts of your life. Please do not ruin them like other people have. You have High School, Prom, and Graduation to look forward to and those are just in the next 3-4 years. There is so much in your life you need to look forward to. Please listen to other suggestions. School Guidance Counselors are really great to start off getting treatment. Doctors (like the ones you see for physicals) don't know what to say when it comes to Depression. If you have feelings Call hotlines. They are completely confidential, and they know you are not alone.

mystic_cobra04
Maybe part of the problem with your parents is lack of communication. Try talking to them, It is just really bad to keep things bottled up....maybe if you opened up with them, it will help your relationship, and they can help you get back on track.....Please try it, and keep your head up,,,,,,think positive thoughts,,,think of the good........

Keep us posted on your success,,,,,why I say success,,,because I know you will look back on this and say damn,,,,,,,Life is good now.....

chelle
well this a first step in the right direction. u r letting ur feeling out even if it is to strangers. this is the best thing for u to do. just write ur thoughts in a journal or find someone u can talk to like a best friend or and online buddy. just want ever u do, dont keep ur feeling in. oh and about the journal never reread what u have writen everytime u write something burn it. let those bad feeling be released!!

APPLE
Rating
I love you & God loves you. DONT KILL YOURSELF PLEASE!!!!....Godmade you because you are his precious creation. Besides if you commit suicide you'll have to live in Hell for all eternity. I'm SURE you dont want that.

Try going to church, reading your Bible. Alot of people get depressed including me. But you have to be STRONG. Don't give up because life WILL get better. God never gives us more than we can handle so hang in there.

STAY STRONG & talk to a counselor OR write down your thoughts in a diary. Only YOU can change your life honey. xoxoxo

Gabby
Depression is a crappy thing.
I'm going through some serious stuff right now.
I know exactly how you feel.
Maybe you should call a friend and talk.
If you're seriously considering suicide, call a hotline from a private number, and talk.
Life is all we have, without it, we aren't anything.

someones sister
Rating
Call the hot line now. Okay?

kmm333
look at the bright side. look at the beautiful earth, what god created. why would u slap god in the face when he gave u the gift of life? theres so much out there for u, just go out and enjoy life. have a happy attitude, make friends, hang out. everyone goes through bad things. dont just give up and commit suicide. that just shows how weak u are and how blinded u are to the true wonders of life.

Maolisa Meko
A good outlet is listening to music, or thinking about friends. Since I'm not close to my parents really (they don't know about my past or my present depression/problems), seek your friends. They at least care and wouldn't underestimate your problem.

12 is not too young. I got depressed at 13, and have been three times I think, and I currently am. Whenever I think about things, I think about my bf or my siblings or friends. Just please do that.

You can always write as well, which is a wonderful outlet which is also underestimated.

Good luck <3

catwoman1314
Rating
people are afraid of things they dont understand. Call a friend ,or hospital nurse,a church member. Hotline #s are there if you want help they are not judgemental.E-mail me I will talk with you.

YIYI_STAR
Rating
YES. TRY TALKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT THE WAY YOU FEEL. SOMEONE THAT WILL UNDERSTAND YOU, I KNOW THAT WE'LL DIE SOONER OR LATER BUT THAT DOENT MEAN THAT WE CAN TAKE OVER OUR LIFE WHEN EVER WE WANT TO. EVERYONE IS HERE FOR A REASON, WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT ABIT. DONT THINK ABOUT THE BAD STUFF, THINK OF THE DAYS YOUR HAPPY, TELL UR PARENTS THEY HAVE TO HELP YOU, AND HELP YOURSELF TOO.

eric R
bro, i know your pain i thought the same way my middleschool years kinda screwed me but dude it goes away, and you find new things to keep you happy. and when you get a job in a couple years it really takes your mind off of it... or you can inhale mass amounts of g a n j a but i dont know if you wana go down my road

[i do not endorse smoking marijuana]

babydoll
dont kill yourself.
get your mind off of things.
and if you cant stop then
tell your parents. going to a mental
hospital would help you. cuz
i had to go to one. and it didnt help all
the way. but i was better than i was
b4 i went in.

tomesphotos
Rating
You need to stop focusing on everything negitive. No matter how bad things are, i am sure there are things you must like about life. Even if it is as simple as the dew on the grass in the morning, or a good friend. To some degree I think your parents are right that you are seeking attention. If a person REALLY wants to commit suicide then nothng and nobody will stop them. And that is okay, you say you arent close to your parents, it is possible that is why you are seeking attention. maybe you want them to notice you, to show you that they care about you and want you to be there. Your age is an emotional rollar coster, and many, many people your age have attempted suicide, I myself did when i was 15, Now I am glad I did not, becuase I would have never met my beautiful children, they would never have even existed, and I would never have met my wonderful husband, I see now that life is SO precious, even when it is crappy, and there is ALWAYS a reason to want to keep on going. God put us all here for a reason, and you have one too.

random426
Rating
not trying to make you feel bad
but my sister went through this
(i think she is over it, but maybe she just stopped talking about it)
don't be stupid and spoiled
think of those around you
even if it doesn't seem like they care, some people do
and you would be hurting them
truthfully I think suicide is the most selfish and mean things people could do to anyone.
you are only thinking about yourself
your life will look up, trust me your only 14
I may not know what you are going through
yet I do know what it is like to have everything go wrong.
Stick in there and if you don't have anyone you can talk to
there are groups online that can help.

domrepgrl
One is never too young for depression - but at the same time one is never too young fight to get out of it.

Call the hotline! Talk with your school counselor or a favorite teacher. Because of your age and you wanting to commit suicide, they will have to tell your parents, but sometimes it is better when someone else talks to the parents. Sometimes parents tend to think that we know EVERYTHING about our kids and it is an eye-opener when someone else tells us something.

And I know that you said that you don't get along with your parents, but try one more time. Ask them to take you for help to a therapist that specializes in adolescents.

Regarding suicide, who knows what is after death? Will it be better than life? Are you satisfied about how people will remember you if you are dead? And, what happens if the suicide attempt fails and you end up a vegetable for life? Have you thought about that?

Suicide is not an answer. In my opinion, it is an answer for cowards, and since you are asking for help through here I think that you are NOT a coward. Remember that you came out of depression 2 years ago and you WILL again!

Also, teenage years are full of hormonal changes (google hormones and teenagers). That means that it is easier to get depressed/sad/angry/etc. than a regular adult. You don't have much time left as a teenager - hang in there girl!

A little homework - since you are so into death right now, write how you want to be remembered when you do eventually die (hopefully in 100 years) and start living your life so that you achieve it.

Exercise, help others, volunteer, be more involved in school.... Do things that force you to be and think about other people. Exercising makes you feel better (after the pain of actually exercising :) ).

There is a lot to live for and a lot that you can do with your life. Look up at the sky today and thank God or whoever you believe in for the beautiful world - and try to leave it better than you found it. Yes, we will all die, but I do hope that you learn to enjoy the ride and make something interesting out of it while it lasts.

Ngo_Gas
Life is boring but there's always a light that's gonna happen in your life so you would'nt want to do this.
Your family will be unhappy.
Imagine someone precoise suicide....

7DS
First... do not try to kill yourself... death is not fun for anyone...

Secondly... See a therapist or psychologist. If you can't talk to a therapist call a kids helpline and they will help you. Try to focus on good things.... Hell, call me if you're that depressed, don't commit suicide or something that drastic though... remember there are always people to help.

pookybear1971
Rating
depression is real dont let anyone make light of if since your asking online for help you realize there is a problemget help anyway you can ...i understand not wanting to go to theropy but you need to seek professional help

Smiles
You don't have to feel sad and depressed! There is so much to live for. The Lord created you with special abilities/talents/gifts. He created you with a purpose/destiny to fulfill. You are precious in his sight! There is no one like you,you are wonderfully made!You have things that you like to do and want to do. Go after them! God doesn't want you to be down and depressed every day.

JEREMIAH 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Your time hear on this earth is for a reason. You life is a beautiful gift, not only to the world but to God! Think of all of the lives that you can touch. You are not here just for you but for purpose and you can enjoy it to! You have a mission to fulfill and with God, you can not fail only win! Trust Him!!!

JOHN 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
ROMANS 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Please know that your life is worth living! Don’t believe the lies of other people and especially the Devil. He doesn’t want you to know how special you are. He wants you to believe what he is saying and not THE WORD OF THE LORD!!!!!!
Give your life to God, Pray, Read the Bible and find a place to fellowship. There are people on this earth that you have not met the love and care about you. I'll PRAY for you!
Blessings!

ladyb988
YES THERE IS HELP !!! If you are still going to school please go to the school nurse and tell her what you just wrote to me. As a person who suffers from depression myself you have at least 5 out of the 7 symptoms of somebody with depression. If school is already out , please go to a clinic if you can't see your own Dr. I believe at 14 you can make your own appointment and it can be without your mom and dad being there. You are already helping yourself by realizing you have a problem and reaching out i commend you for that.
With the proper medication, you can be a happy carefree 14 year old the way you should be. Please get to a Dr as soon as possible, god bless and good luck.

*Lady Vanessa*
Rating
You are a little young, but that doesn't mean anything. It could be hereditary or just set in your genes. Do you have a religion? If so, don't let any religion let you feel like there is no hope at all. Don't be depressed. I know it is so simple to say and so hard to do, but you should never take the world's burdens on your own shoulders. I'm not sure about you, but I'm positive that what we do here counts for something after death. It just has to.

Anyways though, keep trying to get someone to listen. Someone will. If your O.D was serious, your parents are in the wrong. If you're looking for a natural cure that you don't need a perscription for, my friend's mom takes Kava tea. It tastes good and calms me down! :]

Either way you go, I hope things clear up for you. Never ever give up hope. :]

mrows :3
Rating
I know it's hard. I feel the same...

You can email me if you want. I'm 15, if that helps. I'm a girl too.

kwest
I think it is normal to feel what you feel. But do you know what you want in life? Write down what you want in life on a piece of paper. These are the things that you want to work toward to. Start with a small goal. Once you achieve it, commend yourself for accomplishing it. Make the goal small and believable. For me, feeling like I am the bottom of the pit makes me accept defeat. I already know how it is being a failure. Then next I will start new and fresh because I have nothing to lose and something to gain. Once you start fresh, just do it for yourself. Impress yourself not others.You only matter to yourself.

kayla s
First of all please dont go and commit sucide, i mean relly, yes were all going gto all die in the end, but isnt there something worth livving for? I mean relly! Dont you want to get married? Have kids? Live on your own? Get a job that will pay?Finish school? If your parents arent that close, why dont you pput that on your WORTH LIVING LIST to fix that? Your to young to die! I mean relly! You have a whole life ahed of you! Go out into the would and learn things! And there right, your to young to depressed! People in yourr family and most likely dont want you to get hurt! If they love you they care, if people who care about you, dodnt go suicidal, its not right, plus you probly dont know how to mannage a will, and it would be pretty sad that somsebody had to make your caskit for somebody so young! Please dont do it, and dont think about it anymore, its just not right for somebody as young as you! Do you have a tatoo? Will if you live your life long enough, youll get one, and if theres anything your afraid of, please live your life to conqure it. Please dont do this, i have no idea who you are, but guess what, i care.

W3rd man
Just know that eventually life will change. it's what gets me by.

Joseph C
seek help, visit a therapist

Bob R
theres never a good reason to kill urself. pretty much i hate most parts of my life, im just scared s**tless of hell. and suicide would hurt all those around you. so have u tried medication at all? think about it. tough out being miserable for another, lets be generous, 75 years. or kill urself get it over with. take a chance on hell. if theres no hell and no after life u dont really win. but if there is then ur screwed. kill urself u cant win and u can lose. keep living at least theres a chance of winning. iunno if there is a heaven or hell, but id rather not take my chances

★☆FR3SH★☆
Rating
you can be depressed i was to at that age but things can change you are still young and have a lot of life to live and things can change try writing down your toughts are listin to music to calm you

OneWingedAngel
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dun kill urself!!!!

Leathers365
Rating
there is no end, and the energy that your made of will be around forever. that's not so bad is it?

Now that you've realized the worst, why not make the best of it?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy