Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Please help me....?
i have been battleing severe anxiety for over a year now. i will get to a point where i feel like my throat is closing up literally. for the past year i have been binge drinking and it ssemed to be ...

Do you worry too much?

Why is it good to cry?
well i'm good at drama and i practice crying to help me and i listen to sad music but after i stop i feel drained, bored and sad? is it just good to cry when you have something to cry bout?...

Does television have a positive or negative effect on children?

How do you cure Short Term Memory Loss?

I cut myself really deep and im covered in scars, there big,wide and red. i really want to stop ne ideas? lol?
ive been cutting myself for 10 years (since i was 10) and ive just come out of a psych unit after 4 years. ny legs, arms, neck are all amess and ive been in hospital 3 times this week for stitches. ...

Self-harm?
I don't mean to trivialise it, but I was feeling so ugly the other day so I got a knife and cut underneath my eye.
Then the next day I felt worse so I made it deeper.

I know it�...

Why do i do this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pls help!!!!!!!!!?
i always have to pick something out, like such as im in a shop and i want to buy a packet of crisps and there's like 20 of the same size same flavor same name one each one and still i have to ...

Is everybody happy tonight?

What is your problem ?

Additional Details
lighten up people! ...

Answer these 4 sleep questions please and thank you?
Hello

1.What do you do to get your self to go to sleep?

2.How do you wake your self up?

3.Did you ever have troulbe waking up? how did you fix it?

4.what ...

How to deal with depression without taking anti depressants?
I'm a single mum divorced over a year ago.Although i had a masters degree but I've just finished doing my second masters after the divorce. I thought i'd be ok if i studied more, would ...

When you're feeling down: What things do you do to help you feel better?

Do I need to see a preist??
I am a nice happy-go-lucky person who is quite creative and artistic. Yet i seem to get horrible images smoetimes that flash through my head. I know it sounds mental but its uncontrolable...for ...

HELP ME PLEASE omg!!!! PLEASE IM REALLY IN NEED OF HELP!!!?
OK like im really scared of AIDS since we learned about it in school and im soooo scared and like im paranoid when someone touches me and like I cant enjoy my life anymore because I keep thinking i ...

Suicidal feelings?
Im 19 years old male. I have been feeling very depressed up and down for years but as i have got older its got worse.

I have had suicidal feeling on and off for a couple of years. Some ...

Can anyone really give me a reason NOT to kill myself?
I'm a hopeless romantic. I pretty much am frustrated and unsatisfied with everything in my life. I've been depressed for about the last 2-3 years. I'm on medication, and even seeing a ...

I cannot stop crying.?

How do you cheer yourself up when you're a little depressed ?

I hate myself because I keep attracting the wrong people?

Lizzy K
So....What happens if you don't sleep?
Personal experiences? All-Nighters? Hallucinations?
Whats the longest time you've gone without sleep and how did it affect you?

alexquags
Rating
wht a pointless question. if u dnt sleep..THATS IMPOSSIBLE bro evryone tries it but eventualyy u just fall asleep. u cant pull an 'all nighter' u just cant. u will eventually fall asleep. cause ur body needs to rest from all the energy u put in from the day. so dnt be stupid if u dnt sleep u feel horrible and ur eyes get all ugly. hope tht helped..lol

OBAMA ALL THE WAY
if u dont sleep for nore than a certain amount of time, then u die. idk how long u can go without sleep though.

lala
You actually die if you spent several days without sleeping. I can't function well without some sleep.

peace
Rating
ew who wants to sleep? i say we partayy!

smileyface=]
Not sleeping can cause in bad health issues.
Ever wonder when you get a cut, bruise, or burn, the feeling goes away right after you wake up from sleeping?
It's because when we're sleeping, our body heals itself.
We've been moving all day, using our muscles and everything, we get tired and go to sleep to rest.
And, when you sleep, it is also important because (if you're a kid, or still growing) your body is growing, little by little.
Hope this helps! :]

___________ (line)
I Stay up all night all the time. The next day all you feel is very weak, can't stand up, shakie and stuff like that. You very rarely get nightmares or hallucinations. That's only if you stay up like 5 days or something

Mandy
I have stayed up for 3 days before. It didnt really affect me except that I was really tired of course.

Nick
ur gonna fall asleep anyway..iv stayed up for 48 hours..it didnt really matter but then the 3rd day i was lik dead in the the morn i coodnt wake up at all

anna‚ô°
Rating
like for 2 weeks?...i didnt take any sleeping pills (even tho i was dying for them) because i knew they were bad for your body. and if i did take them, my body would have been dependant on them n i would never be able to go to sleep without them...for sum reason i just COULDNT go to sleep. there was no reason. yea...so i tried warm milk...but it didnt work...n honey tea...didnt work..i tried all this natural crap....didnt really work. lol n i tried exercising hard out so ill wear myself out to sleep....but didnt really work...lol...but after a while..i was finally able to sleep =) hahah man that was a long boring story! lol i didnt have any hallucinations or anything... so are you having a hard time going to wonderland?

badjakx2
I am an insomniac.... so most of the time I sleep only every other day.....then I sleep a whole day.....may be I am condiotioned to this regiment... 'cause now 30-40 hours no sleep doesn't affect me much......

kaykay24/7
idk know all i know is i can't even stay up 24 hrs

peaches6
Rating
Any amount of beauty sleep I lose makes me evil.

Cuong
Rating
2 days for me. when i did get to sleep.....i didnt wake up for 18 hrs

rachel
well i stayed up for more than 2 days straight so.........
well i never get sleep i stay up till 3 and get up at 7 every day and im fine lol

immasammi
Rating
48 hours and towards the end i was delirious. not able to make sense of stupid things. then when i did sleep t wasnt a restful sleep.

Michelle
Rating
You will eventually die without having REM sleep. I can't go more than 24 hrs hehe...

Nyanna
how would
"dead-walking-Lizzy"
sound like??? ;)

sleep is a must.

Emily
Rating
.... I get tired... Basically my eyes get heavy and I get light headed. Can't really do much and then I sleep for like 12 hours

preview
TRY IT.

silverwingsdc
Rating
aches and pains - your body needs to repair - that is what sleep is for - it is also very hard on your mind - i get crabby and inpatient with people - also less aware when driving or doing other things.

Serena S
2 days without sleeping and i was a reck for 2 weeks

PSP Modder At ACIDMODS.COM
Well, i have isomnia and ive gone for 13days without sleep. they actually say after 3-4 days, u can be claimed "physically and mentally insane". which i think is total bull. from my point of view, you just dont feel right. like your not in touch with the world. u kno the feeling like you sleep in really late, when ur sick or somthng, and u dont leave ur room till like dinner. that odd feeling when you leave your room. like no hand/eye cordination. also, i have had only one hallucination were i walked down my stairs and saw a hanging coat, and i thought it was a person standing dead or sumthing and i ran back upstairs, locked the door and fell asleep 5min l8er lol. for real, i usually get about 3or4 at most hours of sleep a nite.

Cassie T
Rating
I have gone 3 days without sleeping at all. For a month on either side of it, I was getting less than 4 hours of sleep a night. I am suspected to be bipolar (undergoing an evaluation at the moment), and that was probably the cause.

I did hallucinate a bit. But I also felt really shaky and paranoid and unwell.

Not sleeping really does deteriorate the human mind pretty quickly.

RUDE MOOD!
Rating
37 hours , i was tired.and threw my body clock out of wack, took about 2 weeks to get back to normal sleep patterns.

papasteve
Emotionally you are on edge, and do not think clearly, in times of trouble. Your motor skills are slowed as if you were drunk. Being up longer then 18hrs you lose about 10% of your reflexes. Another 6hrs you are equal to a person who's had a few. And so on. Also physically your amune system is lowed so it is easier to get sick. And if you go longer then 72hrs I heard you can hullucinate. And if you are not in great health, you could die.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy