Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How can I prevent and treat panic/anxiety attacks?
I've suffered from panic/anxiety attacks for about a year now. They are brought on by aches and pain, or stress at work (I'm a retail manager). Those who have suffered from attacks before ...

Self harming, any advice?
i suffer gbs and am presently learning to walk again but i get so frustrated i have started savagly beating my legs with crutches when i am upset, my fiance is going on holday on sunday and i am ...

Am I mad? 14 year old- not lykin/going to skool?
I don't like skool- I mean i do like it but I can't b bother going! I mean it is too much fuss- now we are at the point of going to court and I don't want my mum and dad to go to ...

What do you think of my plan?
Im tiard of living this boring *** life so i think im gunna quit both my jobs go live with satin (aka my parents) and go to school more then full time and finish ASAP then im gunna sell everything i ...

How do I stop speaking my mind too much??
Ive got this knack of saying silly things to all and sundry.I cant keep my thoughts to myself sometimes.How do I learn to control what I say?
Additional Details
I enjoy speaking my mind ...

Have you had experience with alcoholics?
what advise can you give?
Additional Details
it is a general question, say whatever you like on the subject of alcoholicism....

Why do I cut myself?
For years I've wanted to be a demonic sadistic satanic being.

I found that recently I cut myself on the arm and smile at the bloodshed. It's enjoyable, pain.

Is this ...

I hate my parents. I think they are so weird. They contradict me all the time, they make out that I am wrong?
, when I am doing something good. They don't encourage me to do stuff, they disrespect my friends and are rude to their parents. I’ve lost good friends because of my parents. My parents don...

Please I need help so bad?
I am so unhappy, I give everything to everyone and they all let me down. I can't be mean even when someone does/says really hurtful things to me, I just laugh and pretend it's ok. I feel ...

What do you need a brake from?

Suicidal, what can i do?
I've felt suicidal for a few months now on and off, but i hadn't been as serious about it as i am now. Two days ago i had a panic attack at school becuase i knew i would probably never be ...

Am I crazy, or is this possible?
I know it sounds crazy which is why i never told anybody, but for the past year now i've been getting these "visions" i just sit they're and when i think of nothing or when i ...

How would you describe your emotional state?
Right now....

Question about possible depression...?
Many people (adults) have suggested that I could suffer from depression. Is there a way I could find out without getting professional help?
Additional Details
I'm only 15, and don�...

Hungover but cant sleep, any tips?
i have a headache and need to sleep but i cant switch off. help!...

Am I suffering from Depression?
hi, I am 27 F , married. I stay with my husband. My parents stay in another city. I am working full time.
I have been married just for 6 months and I don't feel much interest in life. I don&...

How to deal with stress?
My life is a crazy whirlwind of busyness and stress. Im not at a point right now that i can give anything up sooo what are some ways i can deal with the stress and relax a little so i dont go crazy!...

I'm obsessed with death,help!?
I keep daydreaming and thinking about killing people,i like to read about serial killers and watch horror movies,i also look at dead body pictures on the internet. I think about death all the time,...

I dont want to eat?
Im really scared because i really cant eat. If i do eat i get these horrible feelings and i feel like i can feel my thighs expanding (i know its sounds stupid but i swear it feels like that) i can ...

I Can't Control My Anger...HELP!?
I started having anger issues at age 12. They didnt get really bad until about last year. I scream at the top of my lungs until my voice gives out. I get so angry that I can't see. I cry for ...

btrkt
Smelling things that aren't there?
Is this normal somehow? It's been happening for about a month I think. It happens when I remember something or am justing sitting there. This random smell of something pops up and lingers for a few seconds. There seems to be no source, but maybe there is, I don't know. I don't think they come through the window, I don't have it open often. And the types of smells are..anything, really. Just random smells that seem to have no source.
This hasn't happened to me before. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?
Additional Details
'Arnold B', I'm just wondering if this ever happens to anyone else....not freaking out here.

Arnold B
Rating
Stop freaking yourself out.

Wes
Your just crazy

running dude
Rating
idk

Daniel NIKE T90
might be the food you eat or your taste buds or theres somfin rong woth ur nose

mosher
i smelt dougnuts once and they were in my mailbox

James (Y)
You said it happens when you remember something...so maybe when you look back on stuff you just have very vivid memories?

I don't know...I'd imagine that'd be helpful is someone farts in front of you

makeasecret
yeah i happened to smell a lot of smells that have unknown source. i think my nose is too sensitive (but i dunno if it really my nose is sensitive) when i smell the unknown smell (when i smell it, it becomes irratating all of the sudden for no reason and i just want to smell fresh air) i turned on an aroma diffuser to get rid of the smell

TWIGGY
its your nasal cavity, it just means its healthy, you may also wake up with terrible breath and gunk on the sides of your mouth, dont worry it will fade away soon =]

bluegreen40
Rating
It's irregular, but maybe not dangerous. You ought to talk to a medical professional about it though.

If you were seeing things, that others don't see, we'd call them hallucinations, and that'd be scary to some people. Of course, those are treatable too.

It could just be a passing thing, or it could be serious. Only a doc can help tease this out. Please don't wait ...see a doctor. If it's brain related, it needs attention.

Nobody Special
Yes, it could possibly be some kind of paranormal activity. I'm not completely sure, though, because it has pretty much nothing to do with me. :D

purkat67
Rating
sometimes the mind can bring up scent memory that seems very real...and sometimes there is a really good bakery down the street. Scent can travel on air in clothes and so on until totally defused.

katwomyn10
Rating
This happens to me when I'm having a migraine, I don't get visual halos but my sense of smell goes crazy.

Susie
Rating
Know of someone that has passed away that the smell would be coming from? Apparently it could be from the spirit of a person that you know. Is that possible?

full.moon.pills
Oh, that happens a lot. It's completely normal.

Yada Yada
Rating
If you are thinking about something and then smell it then that is an example of a wonderful memory and imagination. If its just random smells that are strong then that is not normal but could be a "nasal migraine" although I have never heard of that (I have heard of visual migraines though). If it is faint smells then it could be a sinus infection affecting the smell cells. Or maybe its just the wind carrying something that your excellent smeller has picked up. I know there are "olfactory hallucinations" but they are supposed to be really rare.

ncci_vip
In a moment that will continue to raise these issues and to communicate with those who loves you and feel your sense of Vientiane this is normal and what is happening with everyone because we are human beings

‚ô•Love is forever and always ‚ô•
Rating
I go to phycis and I asked about this and its people from your past the smells are the people trying to get in contact with you!

Gabe
Rating
Your Guardian angel or a past loved one is trying to help you remember them? to tell you they are ok!

bluejay
Has someone close to you passed away recently? A departed loved one may be trying to connect with you.

cheers
Rating
yes it has happened to me... i don't know but i was told it is when a person that has left this earth has revisited you....???????????????

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy