Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do I have a mental disorder?
My mind will not shut off, (thinking wise I mean). I am constantly worrying about everything. From weight, money, things I did wrong in my life, the future, relationships etc... My job does not make ...

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up ...

What is wrong with my step-son?
What will become of this boy?
-has ADD
-is extremely violent towards other children- especially siblings and relatives(attacks people with objects and does try too hurt them badly)

Shouldn't I just kill Myself?
OK here it goes. im pretty sure i should just kill myself. theres no point in me living
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER
-Im hairy on my Entire body<...

Every day I scare myself sick about dieing?
Ive got this thing in my head where I keep thinking about dieing every day, I get really worked up and scared about it, I havent got anything wrong (hopefully) but it scares me stiff to think that ...

Fun/funny words?

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

Has anyone here actually fully recovered from serious long term depression?
I've had depression for years and can't see any hope of a full ...

Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My ...

Why do I feel as though I don't deserve anything, including happiness and contentment?
I'm a 17 year old boy. I guess that I've been struggling with some internal emotional issues lately.

I live what would be seen as by most people as a very "easy" life. I...

Are you a shy eater?
Like you feel uncomfortable eating in public?

I am If I'm by myself. And that's all the time....

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

nice_girl_to_u_only
Pls..help me ...my friend is cutting herself? wht shall i do?
she is cutting herself. she never listens to me i hav said her not to cut herself but she keeps on doing tht she controlled herself for almost 1 week again she has started to cut i dont know wht wrong with her. she has really gone crazy abt tht pls.. tell how can make her stop cutting herself i really love her a lot even she loves me more than i do but she is not ready to listen to me abt this & also 1 more thing she cutting herself with a blade
Additional Details
no sorry i cant tell her mom or to her dad they dont even care for her. thats y she is doing all these things. if v ask unknown ppl's advise for these things its gud becoz asking ppl whom i know it isnt gud them to know tht my friend is like this

russhyy
Your question is how to make her stop. The answer is YOU CAN'T. This is an addictive behavior. She needs help from professionals, just as she would if she were a junkie. So it's time to grow up a little and do what's right for your friend, even if she gets mad at you. Report this to a teacher, school counselor, or someone else in authority. She needs help you can't give her.

bolo
Rating
If you cant confide in her family and friends, how about your family?

If that is not an option have you considered taking her to a church and asking a youth minister to speak to her? She doesnt need to be a Christian to ask for help. Nor do you.

Let me ask you this, if the situation was reversed, this was YOU cutting yourself and you had noone but your friend, what would you want her to do for you and how?

that guy.... that knows stuff
Rating
look her in the eyes and tell her you lover her and you want her to stop, if she can't do it for you, tell her to stop for herself.

llltazslleyeslloflltrullblulll
Rating
if you wait to tell someone soon, it may be too late for her.

lucky
Ma I think you should sit down and talk to her let her know she has you no matter what ask her to talk to you tell you whats wrong maybe she wants attention hang out with her more maybe you can see whats going on

GOOD LUCK

ultimatesoulmates
Rating
I don't know how old you are so no offense on anything I am gonna say. Your friend needs some serious help. Please talk to someone who can help you get help for your friend. She might be mad at first because you told on her. But trust me in the long run, she will thank you. She is calling out for attention and doesn't know where else to turn.

KK#9 fan
Rating
Speak to your pastor about this. I'm sure he will do anything he can to help.

raylovesdaladies
Look find out what's going on and try to diffuse what her problem is,find the source of what makes her want to do that to herself.After you've successfully done that be as suppourtive as you possibly can.Don't over do it though if she doesn't wanna tell you leave it be but as once in awhile.

sOuL dOcToR
Rating
Give her BELLADONNA 200 or 1000 its a homeopathic Remedy or maybe she will need TARENTULA 1000
Feel free to email me if the problem still persists !
Take care and God Bless you all !

fivestarmama
If you are truly her friend you will immediately tell an adult you have confidence in. This girl has a serious mental problem and until she gets professional help she will continue on this path. Please be her friend and get her to a caring adult.

gonzalo urquiza
Rating
I used to do it, I want to hurt myself, I was very depressed, then I tried to suicide myself. You must tell her parents, they will help her.

Mac
Listen to your heart if you care about your friend! Alert someone!

candi k
dont tell her mom maybe thats why shes doing it. its almost always the parents fault. just be a good friend and let her open up to you. once you have discovered the reason (if you r a good friend you will) try and keep her busy people need to feel useful and needed. maybe you could need her for something, see how she responds? its always better to get to the root of the problem doctors tend to white wash. just remember there is a solution to everything. be patient.

yearrgh
Cutting oneself is a somewhat common teenage response to overwhelming stress and feelings of helplessness/lack of control in ones life. It is not usually a sign of suicidal tendances. She definately needs help, but you probably can't do anything to make that happen. The best thing you can do is take her out as much as possible and do whatever you can to make sure she has fun. Don't harass her about it, this will just stress her out more and cause more problems. Don't even mention it to her, just get her to do things she enjoys.

micsatavi
You need a doctor not advice from unknown people like us!!!

The Muffin Man
Rating
She needs more help than you can give her. It is not your fault. Tell someone who can help her, if mom is the issue, tell a teacher or school counselor.

She feels unloved. The best thing you can do is not abandon her. Stick with her, don't judge her, but get her to someone who can help.

Good Luck, you deserve the title of friend.

Bronwyn
You should tell her mother. (in confidence of course)

HONEYBEE
Rating
You should tell some body that can get her help.Like her mother,father,teacher,or even a pritcher.Just get her some help before it's to late.

miniWiz
if your friend's not old enough, please do find a mature person to help you out because you are helping your friend...
if your friend's old enough, please explain to her that cutting herself is an imatural behavior. A mature person will face problems and deal with it instead of hurting herself.

or you can always call 911

teambargain
Give me a break people: Do you realize that people over the age of 30 self abuse? this isn't a maturatity problem. It is a mental illness. God isn't going to fix this either.

<---- recovered self injurer. You need to be able to confide in someone. if not her family then a school counselor perhaps. This won't go away on its own. She needs professional help. Find a support group in your area and take her there. If she is young someone in her family needs to know. If she is over 18 then call your local hotline for self abuse. They will be able to help you further. Good Luck

wyldchyld1974
Rating
get her into counseling and let her know that u will go with her and that u love her. when people cut themselves it's to make their bodies hurt like they are hurting inside. it makes their souls feel better or so they think. my daughter in law was once a cutter now to make her feel better she draws or does tattoos she wants to become a tattooist. my neice claws at her skin or picks scabs she got from clawing at her skin. it's her way for punishing herself for things she blames herself for happening. help her. show her that instead of hurting herself she can do other constructive things in a good way. let her know how precious she is to you and that you love her with your heart and soul and that she is the most beautiful creature on this earth that God created. what ever you do don't turn your back on her. she needs you now more than ever. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH

hellblade_xin
Rating
I really think that if its as bad as all that you should put your friend on suicide watch, there are plenty of phone #'s and internet sites that can help you find help for your friend. And you better do it QUICK!

If you are thinking about harming yourself or attempting suicide, or you know someone who is suicidal tell someone who can help right away:

* Call your doctor's office.
* Call 911 for emergency services.
* Go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
* Call the toll-free, 24-hour hotline of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) to be connected to a trained counselor at a suicide crisis center nearest you.

grandm
Self-mutilation is a very serious disorder; go tell your school counselor so your friend can get the help she so desperately needs!

maggie_englehart
go to an adult she trusts--ask for intervention

varsity41linajr
Take it from me, cutting is a way to stop the emotional pain with physical pain. It may be that she does not know how to deal with emotional pain any other way. Sit her down and talk to her, find out why she is hurting. After finding out what causes her this pain that makes her cut try to keep her away from it. I know easier said then done. Also she may be cutting and not even realize she's doing it, aka mental block out. If you can not help her by listening and helping her avoid and deal with mental pain then you need to look into hospitals that can. At least there she can not harm herself that way. You do not need to be her parents to have her admited you just need to call a crisis hotline and tell them what you know. I know it sounds hard but some times theres no other options.

purple
Rating
you alone cant make her stop doing that .. so if you cant go to her mom or dad bc they dont care maby you can go to a teacher or someone else a neighbor or a older friend aunt.. or maby your mom or dad can help .. sounds like she needs more help than you can give if you love her you will get her help..before she does something serious

Calee
Try to get professional help as soon as you can.
You are very wise to be concerned about your friend.

silverrainlili
Rating
you need to talk to her and try to understand why she is doing this... you said her parents dont care... try to get her to understand... that she isnt hurting them but her self... if she's doing it as a way to vent her upset, hurt, anger try to go out with her and do some thing like kick boxing or something... burn out that pent up energy... doing those sort of things together will reinforce that she's not alone...

chaoshelp18
Rating
Have you tried to understand why she is cutting? maybe it is stress, maybe she wants attention, maybe she needs to find something, or find out how much pain she can tolerate. I know lots of cutters, and they do it because of stress, and they don't ever want to go to adults, or tell anyone else. Usually they don't talk about it unless you understand what is going on. Just talk to her, and listen to her, try to understand. Good luck, and never rat her out, thet will just make things worse.

carobygirl
Call 1 800 DONT CUT

This is a number you can call if you are concerned about a friend or family member who cuts.

Usagi-chan!
You should alert someone, a teacher or call a suicide help line. If she won't stop she is depressed and NEEDs help. She may be mad at you for telling others, but in the long run you will save her life. Get her help ASAP.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy