Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do you like the most about yourself?
self image......

Self-harm?
i've been self harming for 4 years (i'm 16). i managed to stop it for about a few months. but because i'm so stressed out, i'm tempted on harming myself again. i am punching ...

Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me....

Very Confused, And Attention Starved?
Okay, long story. I'll shorten it down. Aparrently, I'm attention starved. I've got the bad habit of telling everyone my inner thoughts and feeling. I also over react to everything. N...

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and ...

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

JeNnier "ANTI- JONAS"
Please help me.. this is a very serious question?
I know I have a problem I just can’t seem to fix it. I have an issue with self mutilation, I cut myself on my legs (to hide It) I can control not doing it but sometimes I snap… its really hard to quit doing it… beside going to a councilor (iv tried) is there anything else I can do? Please don’t give me a BS answer.. is there anyone who has had a problem like me??? I’m going crazy…
Additional Details
i use to be on anti-depressants but they took me off because i overdosed and all this crazy crap happened...

i used to be much worse but im more happy with life but i still get these urges to do it.

haha tell my parents they were the reason my life was so messed up.. they are what made me go crazy...

everyone has had a drama and things happen in their life..

birsen m
oo lord i had the same problem and the only thing that had helped me is that i took long walks (mostly at night) and i looked far far away and just imagine. by my self

Greg K
I don't know how exactly to get over cutting, but I do understand that it is a very serious and dangerous issue. My favorite radio station did a series on cutting that I really hope will help you out. The streams are available online - let me know if they help. I'll be praying for you.

jjonson50
Rating
Self mutilation goes back to the most primitive of man.
I am saying thqat you are heavily influenced by music and other images of mutilation. Those images may not be as obvious as you might think.
I feel that if you accept that you are merely imitating others and do not have a real desire to mutilate yourself you will stop. That is a definite. You could also stop hating yourself.

☆Erin☆
Rating
I never did it, but my friend used too.. She did it when there was a lot of stress in her life. She did seek help with a therapist and she hasn't done it in years. I hope I helped atleast a little.

doodisgurl
Rating
i think there may be pills you can be put on

anarkali
Rating
My partner used to do that when he was younger. He got over it by himself but most people don't. I would advice you to attend therapy.

James S55$$ where I give you ME.
Rating
If you are having a problem like this,then you do need to get help before you really hurt yourself badly.

Davida W
Ok no BS. I don't cut myself but I do pick at myself until there are sores. Normally its when I'm stressed and I'm trying to hold my feelings inside. Its one of those self destructive things I do to myself that somehow calms me. What I do is first figure out what's bugging me. You have to be honest with yourself one that one. And if it feels like 50 million things are bothering you pick #1. Then do what you can about it. If you feel hopeless about it like you cant fix it, the right therapist works. Now, that doesn't always mean a doctor. it can be a neighbor, family member, stuffed animal. My personal favorite is God. But you have to let that stuff out in a better way. Hope this helps. Email me if you want to talk.

Confused ~
Rating
You should seek help before you hurt yourself. Good Luck!!!!!!

kcaldwell83
Rating
you need to look at the reasons WHY you do it, and see if there are ways to reslove. I used to do the same thing in times of emotional distress, in order to focus on something other than the emotional pain. When the issue was resolved, I had no more reason to do it. Sometimes I still want to (I'm 24 now) when I get upset, just to see if I can feel the pain, but this is not a good outlet for it. Professional help may help you realize the issues that lead you to doing it, but the only one who can stop it is you.

Taylor I
Rating
I have never had a problem like that but....when you feel like doing it just remind your self that by doing it..your not only hurting yourself your also hurting your friends and family.. if you've had a friend or relative that has died and you miss them, just think how happy you want to make that person cause he/she is watching you from heaven and you know that the person would not like you putting yourself through the pain....if you need any more help or advice, you could email me if you want

xxlostbutnevergonexx
listen, for the people who say the only way to help is therapy, this isnt true. YES therapy could have a positive effect on you, but it all depends on the person really. I was once also like you, i at one point was a cutter, but over time i was able to control it, and for me therapy didnt help at all. For me the first thing i did was figure out what was causeing me to become depressed enough to do this......it took a while but eventually i came up with an answer, thats the first step, you have to figure out why u feel like doing it to yourself and what causes you to snap. The next thing is to figure out how to control it, this is the hardest part by far, and will take time and a lot of hard work on your part. The biggest factor for me was i had the support of a very close friend, and she helped me out just by listening, being supportive and always encourageing me, telling me im doing great. It really helps to have a good friend around in a time like this, and i really suggest u find someone to talk to with about the way you feel, if not a friend, then someone who understands and wont judge you just because of it, someone who maybe will just listen to you when u need to talk. I find that really has always helped me a lot and i hope it can help you as well. Ill pray for you and hope you can overcome this part of you. if it helps i think u can do it ^_^ just be strong, i belive in yah

Durango
If you are really worried about this and need help you can check your self into psyc ward at your local hospital anytime, or talk to someone at mental health. free!

Lana
Rating
Try joining a group which emphasizes respect and love for your own body- martial arts, yoga, t'ai chi, Dahn.... something similar: balancing, but physically challenging, and with an emphasis on the two above mentioned qualities.... it'll help balance your emotions, and make you appreciate your body more, both of which will serve as deterrents to more cutting. However, these aren't quick fixes- it'll take a while.

mysilentcries
I want to let you know that your not alone with this problem. Being a survivor myself, i can relate to just snapping and cutting like it was a routine. like i said im a survivor. what i did is firgure out why i was doing it and figure out my triggers. i had problems in my life and the only way to numb the pain is to literally cut so much that i become numb. my best advice is to start a diary, i know it sounds korny but it helps you relieve some stress when theres no one there to listen to you. and if you already have one, then you need to confide in someone that will listen to you
i hope this helps

CURIOUS CHAD!!
first thing you need to tell yourself is that you love you....then the next time you feel that way before you cut yourself look in the mirror and ask yourself why am i'm doin this to myself if i love me.

Dying to Live
People do not self mutilate for no reason. You will never fix the result if you do not fix the problem. Do you know why you do it? Have you been able to trace this action to the root cause?

Whatever pain you are harboring is making you feel like you need to punish yourself. First you need to realize that you do not deserve this abuse. Next, ask God to show where the pain is coming from. Pray everyday that God will help you to heal your hurts and be happy. Just talk to him like you would talk to your best friend.

steel9maiden
Rating
Try medication.
I had counselling 5 years ago and it was RUBBISH. So, best to try a new approach.

Savannah
Rating
you should try to find out why you snap... sometimes your body will want you to stop and you will get the power to stop but you could get hurt before this happens

denise
I had about the same problem when my mother passed away several years ago. I had a skin problem of dermatitis, and I would panic with my emotions when I thought she was dying. I would scatch until the blood ran, and it hurt. Well, cutting yourself, you are taking your emotional problems out on yourself. You need to love yourself, and learn to do other things when emotional stress overcomes you! I still sometimes go back to this, and it will be a problem for a long time. You may need depession medication to help, and try a real therapist to tell your secrets,stress, and problems to. Have you every thought that you were special to your family, friends, and your to yourself. You must be more important to yourself. Tell yourself, that cutting your self is no good for you!

casper5
You need to stay in therapy. A doctor or therapist is the only one who can help you. Your issues are deep enough to cause you to hurt yourself physically to cover the pain of underlying issues.
Find a therapist that you like and stick with it. Sometime people will go through a few different therapist in order to find one that is good for them. You can talk to your doctor about some medication that may help with this but I cannot say for sure what they might give you.

takemymulligan
Rating
Try seeing a different therapist...sometimes a new approach can help out

Cat
Go to the doctor....I did and they were very helpful

Mandily
Rating
I've had this problem, so many times. Go to a doctor/counselor again. Going to a counselor takes time, like months and months. You might need to get put on medication. I got put on medication and it works for me! GOOD LUCK.

mooresk
Many people have this problem. You are not alone. Please seek other help. Maybe the counselor you saw before wasn't a good fit for you and your situation. There are treatment programs you should seek out. Ask for help from someone in your home, school or community. They will be caring and understanding if you just take that step.

Yellow_Muse
okay, you're addicted to the endorphins released when you cut yourself... just check yourself into rehab, they'll tell you the rest of what you need to do once you get in there...

Jerry M
Rating
I've reported this to yahoo and since you are harming yourself they are required by law to send your membership information to your local police department. In a few days the police should be contacting you or your parents and get you the help you need.

Best of luck.

Kate!
Rating
Go to a professional doctor or therapist.

mickey g
have you tried medication?

do you know WHY you do it? like what causes you to snap?

Karen K
Rating
Hello there! I have done some studying on this subject (never experienced it or been around anyone that has) From what I gather from reading this is a silent cry for help. I know you don't want to hear that but go back to the very first time you done this. What happen that made you do this?? Was it something dramatic happening in your life?? That could be the key to all this. Sometimes we hold things inside and think we have forgotten or forgiven but we are just carrying the trouble inside us. You do need to get help!. Maybe the counselor you were seeing wasn't the right one for you. Not every Doctor is right for everyone there are personality clashes etc.. Please try to find someone you can confide in before this goes any further. You have taken a brave step just by admitting to everyone here as to what is going on. Now go ahead and take the next step and tell your mother, best friend or whoever you feel you can talk to. I know that if this were my child, friend or family member I sure would want to know and to help them out. You can also look this up on line and see if you can get help thru an on line site. At least you can get information on what steps to take to stop doing this to yourself. PLEASE TRY TO HELP YOURSELF BY TALKING TO SOMEONE THAT IS WITH YOU!!! GOOD LUCK DEAR AND REMEMBER IF YOU EVER FEEL YOU DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO TALK TO......GOD IS ALWAYS LISTENING !!!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy