Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do I know that this is real? I could ask a question and its just a super computer answering me?
Prove to me that you are real before I go into a paranoid haze of destruction around the local ...

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

What do you do when your spooked and alone?
My boyfriend leaves for work at 3am and I ususally wake up when he leaves and since I am alone in the house I sometimes get really creeped out and spooked... partially because I am really sensitive ...

How to avoid sleeping in class?
i've tried sleeping early, but that doesn't work.other ways?...

How do i get over my fear of death?

Is depression deadly?

Sunshine R
Please help me 10 points, whats wrong with me!?
okay, i am so self concious i think it's scary.
im in a store and i buy something really really nice, i take it home and always find something thats horrible about my self and never wear it. (im not a bad shopper)
im know deep down im very skinny, but i think im fat, and i always think im fat and have huge stomach and thighs and everything.
im nearly 6 foot and 134 or so.
i dont know what to do, everyone always says i look nice but i cant believe it ever and always find the negative thing about my body.
im not negative towards others tho, so its strange
whats wrong with me!
Additional Details
thank you for all your nice comments, but please i am definatly not anerexic...

cuteeyeish
Rating
Not to be mean, maybe some sort of meantal disease? See a therapist. I hear they help. Best of luck. =)

pelin karahan
Rating
you dont have dignity and self confidence i think you should have some dignity bcuz u r beautiful

☮ piinkstriipes
Rating
you might just be going through a stage in your life where you are very opinionated about yourself and the way that you look. the next time you are wearing a new outfit, try looking in the mirror and saying positive things about yourself. also, if you think your weight is not right, try asking a doctor what he thinks. if you already have seen a doctor, and he says you're a normal weight, then try to stop worrying.

i really hope that helps!

sexy.mexy.
well hun it sounds like you have a killar (great) body.....just keep thinking good thoughts
every morning wen you wake up just go to the mirror and tell yourself that you look great....you only look good if you believe it yourself ;)

Big DW
See a shrink to teach you positive reinforcement. You have typical confidence issues that could come from various things that would take a few chat sessions to find and workout.

short_chic08
Rating
nothing is wrong with you, i promise. i do the exact thing. my mom told me im just so used to looking at my body, that i have to pick out the tiniest thing. so thats probably what you are doing, also.

Mak
it sounds like you have a distorted body image. this is found in anorexics. i think you should get counseling before you develop anything bad.

david m
well... have you ever tried not caring what others think? if you think feel comfortable in it then you should wear it :) and i think thats a kind of depression.

insignificantness
You have to readjust the way you live. Right now you are living in a me-centered universe... It really doesn't matter what you are wearing... if other people say you look nice... believe them! It may not work at first, but sure enough you will start believing them naturally.

In the mean time, focus your attentions on living to provide support to other people. When you are living for others, life is very rewarding... and the happiness that brings you will eradicate nearly all of your self consciousness.

browneyebuttafly
Rating
You need to talk to a counselor or therapist. If you are almost 6' and only 134 lbs that is NOT fat! I am only 5'3 and weigh almost that and I don't think I'm fat. You need to talk to somebody that can help you with your very low self esteem! People are not telling you that you look nice and lying. You are probably are very gorgeous person! you need somebody on your side that will help you feel pretty inside and out. If you don't get help soon, it will only lead to worse things and you don't want that. Please get help honey!

L.azyE.ccentricA.w yeaL.ovely
Rating
um...idk what is wrong with you. not to lie, but it does look kinda serious you should see a doctor or something in case it gets worse. hope you get better.

Gorgeous Girl
Rating
You have low self esteem.

Grip
Stop the worry about self and look at the people around you that is worrying about real stuff like "I only wish that I could find something to eat or something to keep me dry". It's cold outside and I'm hungry. Grow up and be real and stop being so spoiled. When you are mature, you don't worry about "I look nice? or don't I". Who cares.

K.I.S.S.
its normal for women to feel like that about their bodies. i dont kno wut to tell u tho becuz UR NOT fat. and sooner or later it will register.

karen_schik
do you eat? you do you anything with food that you hide from other people (such as not eat, throw up, use laxatives or anything like that). if you are eating normally, then it might just be a bad case of low self esteem. also, how old are you? based on your height, i'm assuming your grown already -- but you might still be in your teens.

either way -- please go talk to someone about this -- a trusted adult (hopefully your mom or dad are cool to talk to). you need some help, and it's totally OK to ask for it.

good luck!!

Laura g
well from personal experience it sounds like you have BDD and perhaps an eating disorder. therapy would help and by the way your very underweight.

Jaii
Rating
It sounds to me you are going through a certain kind of depression. You should seek a doctor or therapist. I was similar...

someone
I want you to go in front of a mirror and say that you love yourself very much. Say, "I love myself." every single day. do it.

guddrabbs
(my aunt):you are provably having nightmares which you can´t bring up on the surface when you wake up but it is still there killing you so bring it up to the surface and face it.

diceman18gyro
Rating
well i dont see why girls ur age (well our age im 15 to) have to care so much aobut what they look like

im kinda self concious as a dude but i got my reasons
but who cares wht others thing

i hate people adn ive come to the conclusion that since u cant please people SCREW EM u dont need them
just be confident tell your self csomethign that makes u feel on top of the world it helps trust me
idk how much this helps but i tried good luck

Samma
Rating
I think I know what you have. Go onto Wikipedia.com and type in BDD

It's a type of self concious disorder.

majnun99
Rating
I don't think anything is wrong with you. You are 15 and self-conscious. It sounds perfectly normal to me.

jonas chic
Rating
hun, you r georgous!!!!!!!!! you right u r just self concious. you r the perfect weight and i also eat a lot

confusion-cubed
You are too self-critical of yourself! You need to stop finding flaws and comparing yourself to others. Not only is this unhealthy for you, but it could become a serious disorder because it partially deals with your weight. First, check with your doctor and see if you are normal in terms of weight (underweight, overweight). If s/he tells you that you're perfectly healthy, then be proud of yourself! Accept your body as it is and celebrate it. If not, make adjustments in your life. Secondly, let yourself be complimented. If people admire you and tell you so, then you should really be thankful! They really mean it and would not say it if it weren't true. You can use certain methods to stop the negative feelings. I don't know how exactly, but my suggestion is to consult a professional such as a psychologist or therapist to help sort out your feelings. That's all I can think of, hope it is useful to you!

candygirl_302003
be yourself you will b fine there is nothing wrong wit ya

N M
Rating
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) (previously known as Dysmorphophobia and sometimes referred to as Body dysmorphia) is a psychiatric disorder in which the affected person is excessively concerned about and preoccupied by an imagined or minor defect in his or her physical features. The sufferer may complain of several specific features or a single feature, or a vague feature or general appearance, causing psychological distress that impairs occupational and/or social functioning, sometimes to the point of complete social isolation.[1] It is estimated that between 1%-2% of the world's population meet all the diagnostic criteria for BDD.

A person with the disorder may be treated with psychotherapy, medication, or both.

Good luck!

Lashes
BE WHO U ARE!!
DONT TRY TO BE SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT

fullgrownkibble
Rating
It's actually pretty hard to tell you what you are dealing with. You buy something beautiful, you know yourself to be truthfully skinny, people around you are telling you that you are beautiful... what is there to be so stressed out about? If you know you are skinny, why would you think you are fat?

Why don't you sit back and list all of the things that you like about yourself, then what you don't. Then, relate to all of the people around you, what do you have that they don't? What don't you have that they do?

Why don't you just smile and truley look at yourself in the mirror. Say this to yourself, "Things could be worse"

Try and forget, this is probably just a little nerved up situation you are dealing with. =3 Best of luck.

yessicaa
Rating
i deal with this problem too. my friends tell me im skinny, but it goes one ear and out the other. i think that they are just lying to me.

all you have to do is when you get something new, don't let the bad things hold you back from wearing it. chances are it looks great.

and if you see one little flaw, most people aren't as familiar with your body like you are ((it is YOUR body)) so they most likely won't see the little flaw you see.

what i do is write down on a little piece of paper all your insecurities in reverse
example: if you think your fat, write "you are very skinny"
example: if you think your ugly ((idk)) write "you are beautiful"

and then the little pieces of paper you wrote those on, tape them to your mirror so when you look in the mirror you read that. and you feel more confident. it really works =]

i hope i helped a little bit

best of luck ♥

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy