Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why am I so emotional???? HELP ME PLEASE?
and no not because of my monthly deal.......why do I keep crying, why am I so emotional and up and down. I don't want to take prescription drugs, and my boyfriend says its almost like I am ...

Whats the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?

Why do my parents ignore my pleas for help?
They must know that I self harm because it's really obvious, why do they ignore it?It only makes me do it again and again cos they keep ignoring me and I keep on telling them I'm down and ...

Is cutting your own hair when depressed considered a self-destructive act?

Additional Details
It actually doesn't look bad, but I hacked off about 6 inches. It's still below my shoulders though....

Does anyone really believe counselling helps get over depression?
I have just been diagnosed with depression and got medication and counselling, but i dont want to sit and talk with a total stranger of my problems. I dont even want to take the drugs really! does ...

Am I the only person who HATES it when people say no offence and proceed off to a rude comment?

todays comments:

My "friend": "No offence, but your family is weird..."

I was offended, and i tried to say something back but she didnt hear ...

Love and betrayel on yahoo amswers tell me what you think?
in may 2008 i met a guy on yahoo answers the category of course was in polls and surveys.then my father passed away may 22nd 2008 after my father passing away i still have grieved for him this guy ...

Whats your deepest fear ?
Be honest what is your worst fear, im not talking about those little things, im talking about the things that would hurt you for the rest of your life... what do you deeply fear?

i fear ...

Do you think im nuts?
im 22, self harmer of 6+years. I'd say for my age quite a heavy drinker! At the moment apart from the occasional pet sitting job im unemployed, i spend most of the 24 hours sleeping and when im ...

Why do people get cancer when they dont smoke?

Right now I feel crappy...What to do?
It is not for any particular reason, I just feel crappy. I know I am not always a nice person, I don't want to be this way but it just seems to happen. What can i do to cheer myself up? I was ...

Has anybody ever seen a Vampire?

Why do people give such mean answers?
Especially in the mental health section. Mental health is not a joke.
Additional Details
Well I read answers and questions about people offing themselves. I recently asked a question ...

What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?...

If you could ahve a tattoo where would you have it?

How can a human stop thinking about death and suicide everyday?
How to avoid thinking that way, what to do,...

I'm so happy I need bringing down, can you depress me otherwise I'll burst?
I can't even talk about it because it will make me even happier.
Additional Details
Thank you everyone.
P...

What if you're so tired and exhausted and want it all to stop!? Isn't this an acceptable reason for suicide?

Is it ok to always want to be the center of attention no matter what?
because i feel like i have to be the center of attention and if im not i just feel out of place. i wanna be the craziest loudest person in the room....

What is the best way of dealing with stress?
finding it really hard concentrating because i have just started a new job - things are really getting to me - read about fasting and meditation - anyone have any ideas ??...

random person
Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a week,

Should I be worried??

clare
No, you'll be fine. You may feel a bit sick, but you've not took enough to overdose.

Zack S
No but that is a horrible idea. No more than 4000mg a day. Especially 2g at a time.

-And i dont get why people with no background in medicine answer questions like these. Go away point hungry people

Shaima
go to ER
good luck

terestrial
dude I'm 14 and weigh 130 don' worry about it, overdoses are dangerous though to learn more about overdoses and drug effects may i recommend "Go Ask Alice"- a book

tropicalorange
Rating
you managed to type out your question with good accuracy, you'll be fine. give it time if you feel dizzy or really really really tired, maybe consult a doctor or neighbour or seomthing. let someone know you might go comatose on your kitchen floor, just in case.

by the way, 14 year olds shouldnt be snacking on tylenol. tisk tisk tisk.

aumnamashivaaum
You should be fine but call your local drug store and ask.

mcdannells
Rating
Hello,
Are you experiencing anything strange?
Yes you should be worried. Taking a happy pill (zoloft which is bad for young people anyways) with added Tylenol at your age and weight.
Where is your parents? Talk to them. Might be best to quit popping pills.

Dana W
I wouldn't take anymore tylenol.. but I would follow up with a psych. about your depression Wish you the best

Security Lady
Rating
probably not a great idea. if you haven't taken the zoloft today you might want to take it at a later time. make sure you eat something solid to help absorb the drugs you have taken and pay close attention to your body. if you feel sick or overly sleeply call your doctors emergency number.

fatdadslim
Rating
taking that much Tylenol is dangerous a once only overdose will probably do no harm,but if you continue taking such a large dose you will cause liver damage.you seem very young to be on Zoloft.have you suffered depression for a long time.is the Zoloft prescribed by a professional psychiatrist or your gp

oleo
Why do you keep asking this question? Are you waiting for the answer you want to see? You have gotton mostly very good advice about this already, and you are wasting precious time when you should be getting help. Poison Control is probably the best advise of the bunch.

bamf :D
ummmm.... stop right now. its really bad for you... you cant rely die frm n overdose, you can just get really sick... my mama and dad is a cop and they have been to many police calls where someone has overdosed...
one of my rely good friends took 3 ibuprofens and he didnt feel good... although he didnt "die" it still can do harmful things to your body... :) hang in there. (:

**CaKe**
Rating
If you took 4 all at once you should be fine...you just won't be able to take anymore for 24 hours. BUT since you are taking zoloft it wouldn't hurt to call the emeregency room and just ask them. They will be able to give you a more educated answer on this one.

Todd G
I don't htink it would do you in...BUT it was a pretty stupid idea. you should have read back of label where it say's how many to take according to age. After 1/2 hour if you still had headache, then you should of waited 4-6 hours, and taken another two, " or whatever the bottle say's to do " I have a friend who lives above us, and she took 4 of them before, she's 34 by the way, but still she had the shakes, and started feeling hot and sweety. I don't know...if you start feeling like your dizzy, or seeing double, or feel unusual in any way, I would call your family doctor, OH your only 14, well...talk to your parent's and ask them, your old enough to take tylenol at 14, but you should also be old enough to know your limit's and read a label. My son in 13 and takes his med's every morning, but I supervise him just to make sure he doesn't do something stupid...It's a parents responsability if anything happens to a child under age. An irresponsible parent is a bad parent. Good Luck, and talk to your parent's, depending how moody they are, you may wan't to try a soft approach, like, "Mom, Dad,...I had a really bad headache, and took a tylenol for it, I waited and it didn't go away, so I took 2 more, then I realized how many I took, and wanted to make sure It won't hurt me if I took that many, but I'll make sure I don't do it again, ok" Thats what I would say at least...the worst thing you could do is give your parents the ATTITUDE, that never works, trust me, I'm a parent myself, and it just makes me wan't to spazz...out on them, then I have to control my temper.

Ashlee
Rating
Depends on how you are feeling. If you start getting real dizzy and weird feeling than yeah you should worry.. maybe you should call the posion control center and ask them or maybe even call your hospital!! Good Luck and be careful!!!

Boo Radley
Rating
Tell an adult in your home, so they cqan keep an eye on you. you should not take that many, but i think you will be okay, just drink alot of water. like 2-3 (0.5 Liters) small bottles of water, over a 2 hour period.

amanda
yes ,you should be worried........tell mum and dad and go and get yourself check please? Does mum and dad know that the doctor put you on antidepressant asp.........bye take care

Amanda J
I don't know what meds react with Zoloft, but if you went to a hospital and was given a super tylanol, it would be 4 - 5 times the recommended dosage of the over the counter tylanol. If you're really worried, call poison control. They can tell you what drugs react negatively with the meds you're on.

1-800-222-1222

btw. I take 3 excedrin migraine pills every time I have a migraine and I've never died or come close to an OD episode..... you can't really OD from acetominophin, but you might want to check with how it may react with your zoloft.

Chaya A
Rating
what i would do is quickly notify yur parents and if any thing strange comes up go straight to yur pediatrician.

midnightmofo
Rating
no, it will proably just not have an affect on your head ache. but take this as a lesson and learn from it, always check notes on medication and dont exceed the stated dose. dont mix um either without checking with a doctor or pharmacist that its ok to do so. just chill for now, and DONT DO IT AGAIN lol

nazbak
U posted it some time back, whats ur condition now? If not feeling comfortable must see a doctor to be sure. In future before u take any pill think twice.

julvrug
Rating
Actually if you are on Zoloft contact your doctor, headaches are a bad side effect of Zoloft. How long have you been on this medication, and do not allow your doctor to tell you it cannot happen. I was off work for about 3 weeks from sever headaches caused by Zoloft, after only being on it for about 5 days. It could take a long time to get rid of the headache as it is caused by the Zoloft and will take as long as it takes to get the medicine out of your system. Hate to tell you though, the Tylenol will have little to no effect on the pain.

Liza R
yessss TELL YOUR PARENTS LIKE NOW!!!

krista
Rating
You'll be fine. Just don't take that many again because repeated use like that may end up causing damage. Don't take more than 1000mg next time. But don't worry yourself at all. I've taken a lot more than that and was fine.

Will the typical white guy III
I doubt it but just call a local drug store and they will give you if any the drug reactions

Littlefeather
Call you physician the zoloft doesn't kick in for about 4- 6 weeks but just to be on the safe side check with your doc. But really 4 pills won't really harm you. But call.

TallulahsMama
Tylenol is extremely toxic to your liver and overdose CAN KILL YOU. You absolutely cannot wait any longer and you must tell someone and get to the nearest emergency room IMMEDIATELY. A tylenol overdose is a matter of LIFE OR DEATH! Without very quick and specific treatment you can lose your life.

Coolmama
Call your local pharmacist

Katie
Rating
Im 22 an i weigh 140 and ive taken 7 and been fine, But if your worried tell your parents.

dngrzdmn
I am NOT a doctor

yeah, you won't die but your liver is taking a beating right now and it could incur permanent damage. You may also experience a rapid heartbeat, ringing in the ears, foul taste in your mouth, upset stomach and be very edgy. Contact poison control if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.

1-800-222-1222

Tylenol + Zoloft could result in acute liver damage.

Go to a clinic right now for charcoal to cleanse your stomach lining.

Umm Hi!!
tell your mom or dad hun.. i had a friend mix medicine bc she wasnt feeling good and she had to get rushed to Emergency Room.. tell them ASAP.. k? im 28 and only take one.. im double ur age!! becareful and plz tell someone

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy