Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me....

Very Confused, And Attention Starved?
Okay, long story. I'll shorten it down. Aparrently, I'm attention starved. I've got the bad habit of telling everyone my inner thoughts and feeling. I also over react to everything. N...

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and ...

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

OCD, or just weird?
Writing your name on every page in the little name space given at the top of the page in a workbook. I only need to write it once, on the first page, or get a sticker and write my name on it. I always write my name in every single page in my notebooks. Some of my teachers find it weird. I guess it's an old habit. Again, it's totally unncessary. I onyl ever need to write it once. What are your opinions? Me, I think I'm just strange.

gemma_487
OCD!! :-)

avtr
Yes, it sounds just like strange little habit and not OCD.

Kristin M
Rating
Meh...whatever.. not a big deal. maybe a little OCD...but its not like its hurting your day to day routine... Like opening and shutting a door 5 times before you go through it or anything. do you think that something bad will happen if you don't write it? even as small as your teacher may not know that its yours? then you're OCD

Kris L
Excuse me, but it is VERY GOOD THINKING to write your name in the 'space' for that on EVERY PAGE ... even if you don't 'tear the pages out' to turn them in, the books could 'come apart' and then you'll be the ONLY PERSON in class who is able to 'clearly identify' EVERY PAGE in his own boook. Okay, so you are 'weird' ... but it's not 'obsessive/compulsive' and it has a 'very good reason' for doing it ... so tell THAT to your teachers who 'think you are 'weird' ... they may tell everyone else to do what you do 'naturally.'

Mr. Vincent Van Jessup
Blackberry and whip creamolicious

Deenie
I think it's just a habit. If you can't break it yourself...find a therapist who knows some therapy to help you break it...if it's causing you problems. I don't see anything strange about it at all. Lots of people have habits ...and theirs are a lot worse than writing your name. Don't be so hard on yourself.

crystinaxxx
well, no.
i think its organized.
i have the bad habit to ALWAYS walk on the left side of everyone. for example, if me and you are walking together, i would HAVE to be on your left side. and you would be on my right. so, you tell me. :]

nursesr4evr
It just sounds like a habit. You don't express any emotion content to it, like you'll lose the notebook or something if you vary your routine. Don't worry about it.

CinnamonGirl777
i've often done the same thing...nothing weird about it...well then again i have been told i'm weird a lot

Night Owl
Could be OCD, but since it harms nobody, not even you, I don't see why it would be anything to worry about or change. Happy Writing!

TORI
Um,,, i have OCD too, but not like yours,, but no its not wierd,,, just you

kyliekissesx
Rating
I do something similar. I have to date EVERYTHING. Even if its just a piece of paper I'm scribbling on.. yep, has to have a date!

xstal_101
ur just weird, no worries

Ginger R
Honey, we are all "weird". That's what makes us human. It could be classified as mild OCD, but nothing to concern yourself with.

Now, washing your hands repeatedly until they bleed, or collecting all your toenail clippings.....that would be a different story!

My OCD is that I do everything in multiples of 10 - I count everything I do. Strange?

LUZR4LIFE
OCD is a anxiety disorder characterized by recurent, time-consuming obsessions and/or compulsions that impair the ability to function and to form relationships and are a source of significant distress.

Alaskan Beauty
Rating
Just a goofball lol. (I mean that nicely)

Bored.
Rating
I'd say just a bit odd really, everyone has silly little habits they have lol.

Jody
Unless you feel you absolutely cannot write in the workbook without your name on every single page, and it's so distracting if you don't that you can't think, then it's ocd. Otherwise, it's just a strange habit that can be broken.

carlyannef
Rating
I have OCD and from my experience with all people, and from what I have been told.

Everyone is OCD about something! Everyone has that quirky thing that they are "weird" about... makes us who we are!

OCD is diagnosed when these "rituals and thoughts" start to interfere with your everyday life. If there are no other strange thoughts or rituals that you do over and over again then you probably do not have OCD, just a cute quirk!

Good Luck!

Maggie
Rating
If that's the only repetitive thing you do, you're just weird. In a good way.

pseudogodj
You may be OCD about writing your name, but it’s a good habit. If your name is on all pages that you turn it, it will make it less likely that a teacher can lose your work. There are a lot worse problems you could have than this. Just be yourself, and you’ll be ok.

Cathy C
I think it could be OCD IF:

You get really upset if you can't do it.

You worry that something bad will happen if you can't do it.

You can't make yourself not do it.

So, if any of those things sound like you, then maybe you do have a little touch of OCD. But, that will only be a problem if it somehow interferes with your life.

Scythian1950
If you find yourself fretting if you fail to write your name "on every page in the little space given qiven at the top of the page in a workbook", you've got OCD. As you get older, it will get worse. OCD can become manifest in a wide variety of ways, but the root cause is basically the same. You're unable to "set aside" a problem that has been brought up to you subconsciously, so you feel that you must take action every time you think there is a such a problem, no matter how trivial. People are normally able to distinguish between problems requiring our attention and problems that can just be ignored as being too trivial, and actually do just forget about those kinds. You can't, and that's the sign of OCD.

Angela C
there are worse habits to have, don't worry about it! LOL

kay_flood
Rating
it is certainly a habit, and people out there have stranger ones than that.....wouldn't worry about it.

Apple Tart
Everyone has their little quirks. Don't worry about it!

Bubbles
its just a habit, its ok

WiserAngel
Rating
Strange only becomes OCD level when the habit starts to interfere with your life in some way. So far, it just sounds like a quirk.

belinda
Rating
I wouldn't call it weird. It's quirky. It's obsessive, it may even be compulsive, but unless it's taking over your life, it's probably not a disorder.

It's a secret
Rating
If that's your worst problem, then you are just weird, no biggie.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy