Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Will every one who belives pray for me?
depressed and running ...

When i pee its always really dark in coulour and has a strong odour .help?

How many Americans are born dumb?

Aside from the armpit,what other body parts do we use the thermometer in finding the temperature of our body p

How do I know that this is real? I could ask a question and its just a super computer answering me?
Prove to me that you are real before I go into a paranoid haze of destruction around the local ...

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Smoking Marijuana...HABIT or ADDICTION??

alittlebitcloser
No hope left.. What do I do now?
At 13 yrs old, these problems are probably nothing compared to what's out in the "real world", but the stress and pain keep piling up and I don't think I can handle this much longer. My parents are rarely home anymore, and being self-employees, often work well past midnight. I'm losing my friends year after year, and it seems like I'm always the one that doesn't fit in. I make tons of mistakes like normal people would, but they constantly get shoved in my face. The suicidal thoughts keep coming back no matter how hard I try to get my life back the way it was. My problem probably isn't big enough for other people to want to kill themselves over, but I'm not that strong, and I just want to give up and for it to end. I've been trying to take it a day at a time, pushing myself to make it through one more week, one more month, but after two years of this, it doesnt seem like there's much hope anymore.

GREEN2030
i know what you mean. I went throught the same thing last year. then i got into high school and it just got worse. the suicidal thoughts race through your mind, but its not the right way to deal with things. Try talking to your parents or to some other adult you feel comfortable with. It will turn out to be the best thing. The friends that you lose apparently werent your friends at all. Join some clubs, etc. to get your mind off of things and to make friends who enjoy the same things you do. Music also really helped me vent. I would just sit in my room and listen to a variety of genres and let it all out. I hope i have helped you in some way. =]]]]

Treadstone
Rating
Help is available. You can read this website or call these numbers to get started on a plan to get you out of this frame of mind.

"If you are not in immediate danger because of thoughts of suicide, but need someone to talk with about your suicidal feelings, please do not hesitate to call the National Hopeline Network for Suicide Prevention:

Suicide Prevention Hotlines:
1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or

1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

You may call this number from anywhere in the United States, 24 hours a day.

People are waiting to help you. Call right now if you need to. And always remember that is it never okay to act on your thoughts of suicide. Never." http://www.suicide.org/teen-suicide-and-youth-suicide.html

Savanna
no-no-no. e-mail me life is not fair. but not worth taking your life. thanx Kat

michael w
Rating
This sounds like a cry for help. Phone up Samaritans as soon as you can and they will give you all the advice and help that you badly need. Look in you phone book for their number

philosolaw
Please please please speak with your parents about these feelings. It may feel that they are too busy to deal with it, but they would not be working so hard if they didn't want you to have a fantastic life, and ending that life wasn't part of the plan. If your parents don't take it seriously, talk to the school nurse or a guidance counselor; its their job to listen to your concerns and translate them to your parents if necessary. These feelings are nothing to be ashamed of; I can't stress enough how important it is for you to share these feelings with someone.

Try not to worry so much about the amount of friends you have, but rather the quality of friends you have. One true friend is better than 10 part-time pals. If you feel you need something new to start over and meet new people, join a club either in or out of school; you may even find people like yourself who were ready to give up but found a fresh start.

Being 13 is difficult with everything that you are expected to achieve, and its not abmornal for things to feel like they are out of control. Please believe me when I say that for many people, high school is not the best time of your life; rather, life truly feels as though it begins when school is over.

Continue to take things one day at a time, and PLEASE tell your parents how you feel! If no one knows you suffer, no one can help you!

mrenigma1983
Rating
we are here, listenning, and you are not alone. I have had many thoughts of suicide being not the type of person to take my physical aggression out on others I turn inwards to morbid thoughts of death, but I would always tell myself - tomorrow is another day and it has a good chance of being sunny and good. Give yourself a hug, Lean back and lift your heart ... feel the warmth of self love and the glory of existence all around you. Try to spend as much time out in the sun as you can it will boost your happy chemicals within your body. Write out and express your feelings in as many ways as you possibly can. Talk with your parents about anything and everything you want to talk with them about. Make them see how important their time is that they spend with you. Try to focus on making 2 or 3 good friends or maybe just one. If your parents won't listen ... throw a vase at the wall ... a good fit is great stress relief and damn theraputic so get some heavy metal music or hard rap ... and break some @*!( :) ...I made it throw my terrible teens and I'm a happily married man going back to college at 24. Life is good and you are a mirricle of life allready. The chances of your birth and you being who you are is beyond infinite. 9 months and all the past generations of humanity have come full circle to make each and everyone of us. You are not alone - not by a long shot. Its good to talk things out ... find out your local reach out phone numbers and chat. If you have a pet spend a lot of time petting it and playing with it ... they make the best friends and they are super theraputic. A cat or dog seems best to me so if you don't have one get one. It will be a far better investment then morbid thoughts, stress, and death. Start exercising, make sure your eating right - lots of fruits, vegies, water, and for girls especially red meats(you need that extra iron). exercise - it boost your happy chemicals also. Ounce you get some more control of yourself and your feelings which at your age(13 are off the freaking chart in all girls and in a good number of boys). Then focus on some social activities ... join clubs or whatnot at school. and remember wheather you succeed or fail only take on what you can truly handle and let the rest fall where it may. Self comes 1st. TAke care and good luck.

Mmgirl
Talk to your parents and get them to take you to a doctor now. You need to see someone. If your parents aren't home call someone you trust and have them take you to the emergency room.

andyg77
Here is an organization for you.

http://www.samaritans.org/

I hope you contact them and I hope you feel better. I have felt the way you do many times, especially when I was young as I was picked on by everyone. My parents were always busy too but they did find time for us. Anyway I am still here and am 66 years old and I have two beautiful grandchildren and that is one of those things that makes life worth living. All my love and prayers to you.

i panic-ed in the cute cab
plz listen 2 me...
im 13
its not worth it to kill yourself
speak to anyone you fell comforable with, even if its not your mom or dad
plz don't kill yourself
ask the Lord for help
don't get into drugs or other stuff
pray pray PRAY
plz don't killl yourself just remind yourself your a wonderful person
try to get some time with your parents
take a breather
cry OUT LOUD for once they put WAY to much stress on us these days....
live live LIVE
plz
love
a friend that cares
p.s. srry i didn't put a # for you to call i dont know one

hiddensecretangel
Rating
The last thing you want to do is give up.You know it takes no effort in giving up,what you want to do is keep going,figure it out,talk to your parents,maybe they don't even know you feel like this.I am sure that your parents work all these hours to provide you with everything you need,I am sure if you just talk to them that they will hear you out and come to a solution.
You are strong enough to fight all these feelings away if you really want them to go away.Don't give up without first talking to the two people who love you the most,your parents.......

gokupiccilo
Rating
Listen, I know what you're going through. I myself was just like you when I was your age. I lost Friends, over small things like soccer games, sports, or gender. I make lots of mistakes more than most people do also, There were moments where I wanted to disappear, Not exist, and I know what I'm about to say may sound like a bunch of phooey, but I swear, It's not...
I was able to pull through by doing three things... 1. Remains Optimistic, And looking at the positive things in my life...
2.Making Friends online, it may sound crazy but I was able to pull through thanks to some of my friends online, find people who like the same stuff you do, people who can understand you, (But stay away from anyone who is mean.)
3. Get help from a school counselor or a teacher.
And those are the three steps you should try to follow to live a happy life. Hope You Feel Better!

Wiseone
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way! I know how it feels to be 13 and to feel lost in this world, like there's nothing to live for. I don't know what your problem is, but I do know that life is SO much more wonderful as you get older. You continue learning things about yourself as you grow and you'll find something you love about life! When you're in middle/high school you tend to get lost in the world of school and think that popularity and boyfriends are all there is. Just a hint from experience, the "popular" thing ends after high school, and nothing you did in middle or high school will ever matter again. You start a whole new life and you can still be whoever you want to be...at any age. Your problem is important now, absolutely...but it will just be a memory soon. Life isn't perfect, but there are so many wonderful things in this world! Try volunteering for the needy....seriously it'll make you feel good about yourself, and it'll help you remember that you have tons of reasons to be thankful! Hope this helped!

*Going nowhere much too fast...*
I know how you feel...don't let all of that stuff get to you..just try and make it day to day if you can...if you can't check yourself into a hospital...no not a mental one just a regular hospital that has a psychiatric ward...they'll let you stay there for a while and try to make sure that you're better...if one night you are feeling alone and depressed please don't hesistate to email me...I am sure I can talk to you...but please...even though I don't exactly know you..I don't want you to become a statistic...don't let the weight of the world burden you...

sashtou
Rating
If this is 'genuine,' then it would be really BEST if you can find someone to ask 'Help' from about this.

[ If this is not genuine, then find 'help' anyway because it is not funny. ]

No one of 13 should have to be put through what's been described here.

Find Help, and the sooner the better.
Good luck.
Sash.

Frangas non Flectes
Rating
Went through the same thing most of my teens years , it is normal to feel a little depressed when you are that age. It sounds like you have self esteem issues. List your good points about yourself , is there anything you are good at? Developing a skill, however small is a good place to start. You are only 13, you have a lot to live for though you may not know it yet.
Also, it helps to talk these things through with someone you know. I know it may not seem very helpful, believe me it is.

grandkate
Rating
GET HELP!!! NOW!!! Depression is a very debilitating thing, and we can't always "fix" it, alone. Talk to someone, anyone. A guidance counselor, friend, someone at your church, or a trusted relative. Look in your local phone book for mental health help. Everyone needs to feel they have somewhere to turn. Tell your mom or dad how you have been feeling and maybe they will get some help for you. Even your family doctor is a great resource. Good luck, and God Bless You! I will keep you in my prayers. (I always tell myself, when I'm having a bad day, THIS TOO, WILL PASS. And it always does.) Also, I look around and see if I can do something for someone else. It makes me feel better. I have an elderly neighbor that I do things for, and she appreciates it so much. She can't do things that she could a few years ago, and it frustrates her. I try to help her out. Many times it is something as simple as taking out her trash, or helping to care for her cats. She is a good friend, and tries to repay me for doing things, but the feelings I get for helping her make me feel so good, if I took anything for helping it would make the feelings seem less good. Does that make sense to you? By helping someone who can't help themselves, I am helping myself. I hope you can find something that gives you that special feeling. There is nothing else like it. GOOD LUCK!

dreamdress2
It sounds like you need someone to talk to, who will listen..You seem lonely more than anything. Why not join a church? You will make a lot of new friends and have a place to go...Get involved with the activities in the church....

You can volunteer your help to people too....See if the hospital needs you for something.. or if there is a home for the elderly near by, go and visit with them..they are usually lonely because their family fails to visit... You can learn a lot from them...

Get yourself a musical instrument and learn how to play it....you can usually check out a book and learn from it..that's how I learned to play guitar...

Take up something like track and field at school..it is fun to be on a team....

lindajune
Rating
There is always hope as long as you're still hanging on.
Believe me, it may seem impossible right now but it does get better (you just need patience).
If you focus on what's wrong right now, you can't see anything else. And that just makes it worse because you can't see the end. But there is an end (it may take a few years yet).

I know how hard it seems right now (I've been there myself), but trust me - the future is worth the pain right now.

You need to find someone you trust that you can talk to - a minister, a youth counsellor, an older friend or family member or someone. Maybe join an after-school club of some kind that is into something you're interested in.
Like an astronomy club - once you see the beauty of the universe personally, you'll feel totally different.

Remember that strength is a decision you can make every day. If you say to yourself "I am strong and will handle this" often enough, it will start to become real for you.

Julia D
You need to find something to learn about, to do, to get involved in that matters to YOU. From this you'll get a reason to live, and to become something in this world.

Don't wait for someone to bring this to you, you'll need to go and find what it is yourself. The sooner the better.

People HAVE to have something meaningful in their lives that makes them feel useful, and IS useful, or they lose hope.

So go and find out what that thing is for you, and get into it. Helping animals, learning an instrument and playing in a band, helping people, learning spiritually, something. You know what your interests are, or at least have an idea, so explore them.

Don't give up, you sound like a really awesome, sensitive person who could bring a lot of good into the world. Don't base your self worth on others. If you have to be solitary and alone for a while, you can deal with that, just find what interests you, is meaningful, and go for it.

johnavaro
Hey i understand what you are going thru, i was 13 too. But u know what all u have 2 do is re-focus ur energy...get a hobby or join a peer group, you have so much ahead of u its amazing what u can achieve if u just believe that u can (after all, u've been fightin this for 2 years now)

upside666
First thing, you seem very mature for your age. Your obviously intelligent.
Forget suicide. You have your whole life ahead of you. Its most likely your making a cry for attention, as your parents are largely not there. Why not try to negotiate with them a little? Ask them to make some time, a couple of times a week for some time with them. I would say something like "Cmon folks, im growing up and your missing out on it. If this keeps on, we are gonna be a family of strangers". Should make them think.
You seem to be very hard on yourself. But, your only 13! your going to make mistakes-everyone does. If someone comes back on you in future for any of these mistakes that you make, tell them to get lost. (If its a teacher or something, tell them that you would have expected better understanding from a trained adult). And as for friends, they come and go - especially when your young. But above all else, talk to your folks, use your voice, make them understand.

Kari H
Talk to someone, anyone

Your parents, a friend, a teacher, the principal, a councilor, a teachers aid, a coach, a doctor. Call a help line. What ever you do - reach out before you do something drastic.

Having been thru this myself, I know it is a long hard road to walk - but if you take the 1st step and ask for help, you will be amazed at the love and responce you get.

amber d
Rating
Yes i have the same problem,But i just say to myself..Is killing yourself really better then what will go on in the future..I mean Really..I have heard MILLIONS of stories about people who didnt "fit in" in school but became VERY POPULAR when they became older

lolll
Don't commit suicide. Get someone to talk to, I know you've probbly heard this many times but YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO. Try getting a friend in which you trust and explain this as calmly as possibile to them.

Take a break for a little and remember the meaning of life.

Kris L
GO TO YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR TOMORROW. Tell her/him that you are 'clinically depressed' and need HELP ... your parents are 'absent' so they may not know you need help and might see your asking them as an 'attention getting move' ... YOU DO NEED TO SEE A THERAPIST and you also may need to be on medication for awhile. YOU ARE NOT INSANE ... but you DO NEED HELP. GO TOMORROW!!!

Rob K
You need to speak to someone.

If you cannot talk to your parents then try

- your doctor
- your teacher
- your school counsellor
- your minister/priest/rabbi/imam, etc.
- another family member (Aunt or Uncle)

It must be a trusted adult, don't tell your school friend, it will not be a secret for long.

You're going through a lot at the moment due to hormones and puberty and that will not be helping you in your fragile emotional state.

trey11
Rating
dont kill yourself dont dont dont. talk to ur parents. or a school consular. it will help alot

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy