Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do People that don't cut them self always tell people that do cut they know how they feel?
If you dont know someone that cuts dont answer this question but if you do please feel free to answer i would like to know your guys ...

I'm only 12 but I think of suicide everyday.?
I don't get why I should be alive anyways. Nobod would care if I just stopped going to school making appearences anywere. nobody would notice. So I want to know why I should keep living....

Do you think I will get a guy like this?
Okay. I'm almost 16, I have social anixiety and OCD

I always wanted to live in Hollywood, but i live in Canada. When I grow up I want to move to Canada and only stay in touch with my ...

Please help me.. this is a very serious question?
I know I have a problem I just can’t seem to fix it. I have an issue with self mutilation, I cut myself on my legs (to hide It) I can control not doing it but sometimes I snap… its really hard ...

My parents have rejected me, what's next...?
I have a family of my own, but through-out my life both my parents reject me, take me back, then reject me again. I have always tried to be a good daughter (no matter what age) but they demand ...

OCD, or just weird?
Writing your name on every page in the little name space given at the top of the page in a workbook. I only need to write it once, on the first page, or get a sticker and write my name on it. I ...

What is wrong with mee?
yesterday in class i asked the teacher if i could go to the toilet she screamed in my face saying no sit down! i then screamed and swore in her face got up, threw a desk across the room walked out ...

Is it normal to have suicidal thoughts everyday?
I go through bouts of feeling happy and sad but even when i'm happy i still think about them....

My life is going downhill. dr is offerring me antidepressents not sure whether to take them or not.?
everything in my life is crap. Nothing goes right..EVER. I spoke to my gp and recommended antidepressents. I am in a relationship, but its not going great due to my lack of confidence and motivation. ...

Is bi-Polar a real disease or an excuse?
Hi -

I have Bipolar and have noticed some interesting perspectives from the "Mentally Correct" population. Please answers these questions truthfully. Read on...

It ...

I've been depressed for a while now and I've reached a point where I drink myself to sleep. What should I do?

Why am i sad?
Why am i sad i have a decent life but to many mistakes and no one beleives me what do i ...

Just help me please...?
i'm not one of those people that ask everyone if i'm fat. i keep it held inside. i know im not obese, but i feel so uncomfortable with my weight. once i eat i fell depressed and if i gain a ...

Help... i'm 19 and have no ambition motivation goals or direction in life...?
Like it said, i feel like i'm not going anywhere. All i do is work, suft the net, make out, and party sometimes.. I have 2 years of college done. But i have no idea where i see myself in 5 or 10 ...

What do you like the most about yourself?
self image......

Self-harm?
i've been self harming for 4 years (i'm 16). i managed to stop it for about a few months. but because i'm so stressed out, i'm tempted on harming myself again. i am punching ...

Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me....

Very Confused, And Attention Starved?
Okay, long story. I'll shorten it down. Aparrently, I'm attention starved. I've got the bad habit of telling everyone my inner thoughts and feeling. I also over react to everything. N...

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

sethzll1
My friend commited sucide.?
this morning, my was found dead. She had OD on rynotauss her death is my fault because i ended up going to ST. Vincents after swalowing 12 tylenols. After that I ended up going to a phyc ward for 1 week, and the an outpaitent program for 2 months. Once out of the hositial, we began to communicte again. We went out to mcdonalds, talked on the phone. but she never seemed the same. Everytime i would see her, she would allways seem like she was in a rut. I asked her wats wrong on mutiple occasions but she said nothing. eventualy she stoped wanting to go places, talk on the phone ect. and when school statred it was apparent she was depressed, but wouldet admit it. So at 12:00pm, after not showing up at school, and not responding to her dads phone calls (he was out of town), the police arived and she was found dead in her bed with a pail next to her full of vomit, and her note under her pillow. She said i should forget in it. WHat should i do
Additional Details
Her death is my fault cause i had told her about my atmpted sucied and she tried to convince me not to do it but she couldent. Now im back on that same boat i was on in may. Another reason i know its my falt is because she was allway reltivly happy and uselly told me about thing going on in her life, good or bad. So i was the bad thing in her life she didnt tell me about. what should i do to ease this missory.

trash1ey
I grew up in foster homes, group homes, and have even been in some children's psychiatric hospitals. One of my friends hung herself from her bunk bed when she was 16. I was lost. We were in a group home at the time. You just need to not blame yourself. Some people really can't be helped just by talking. She could have had serious medical problems, clinical depression or something. Please seek counseling, because yahoo answers can't help you get through this difficult time. Believe me.

You can only be held responsible for yourself. You obviously have emotional problems of your own and dealing with hsomeone else's emotions was just... not what you needed then or now. Good luck and I'm very sorry for your loss.

Katie
Rating
This is not your fault! This is not your fault! This is not your fault! Say that to yourself until you beleive it. You need to talk to someone...a doctor or minister...
This is not your fault.

angie78_gg@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Well, dealing with suicide is never easy. For, one you will never forget, or forget her. I can tell you first hand that it gets easier as time goes on. One of my friends completed suicide two days after Christmas in 2005. What exactly though, are you suppose to forget? I really havent grasped that part. Since you, yourself tried, and are still here thats no reaon to blame yourself. It could have been several things, even though there truly is no reason for taking your own life. I think you need someone to talk to right now. I would talk to your parents, they should know right now how to heal you cope. I really hope you get through this, and I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. It's never easy. Good luck

CoMe HeRe OftEn...?! <3 x
Rating
Get professional help QUICK... you should not have to face this alone and there are loads of people willing to listen and help. Ring Samartians now, tonight. They are great listeners and trained to help you.

PHILLYGUY
Rating
This may seem cruel but suicide is selfish and cowards way out of dealing with problems and I know first hand. Its not your fault its hers. She was weak and took the easy way out. No matter what you did it was ultimately her decision. I am sorry for your loss and I know it will take some time to get over it however life goes on.
God Bless you and her family.

Barbara U
Rating
First of all, grieve for your friend. Her death is not your fault. She had more problems than you could have helped her with. You were right in going to St. Vincent's to get help for yourself. There are several stages of grieving. It is okay to be angry with her for killing herself. Most people feel awkward to be angry with someone who is gone from this life, but it is very normal and healthy to feel that emotion. Then you will feel very depressed about the situation. That is normal too. Just remember the good times you had together in the past. You were very important to her but when your thinking gets that clouded that you off yourself, u just don't think to tell your friends how much they mean to you. Find a good church in your area and hook up with the youth pastor there and tell him what has happened. He will pray with you and hook you up with some people your age to help you through this difficult time. God never gives us anything greater than what he will go through us with, He will never leave you!

Jessica M
Rating
First of all it is not your fault, at least you tried to see what was wrong and you were being a friend to her. That is what counts. The people that commit suicide are usually the ones who never mention it to anyone. The ones that mention it usually never do it. I think that you did the right thing just by trying to be her friend.

janice t
Rating
I'm very sorry that happened ..find some one to talk to .. like a pastor or your parents ... my prayers are with you ....

Fleur de Lis
Rating
It's not your fault. Time time to grieve and talk about it.

justmemimi
Oh my....holy guacamole- bummer!!! I hope you just made that up. You need more help than ever. See a therapist to help you deal with this guilt.

Pina Colada
Rating
that's awful, i am so sorry! i know it will be hard for you to cope with this, but nothing is your fault. the only thing you can do is to have your time to grieve...and just keep yourself busy. it's so sad that you lost your friend, but at least now you know that she's not suffering anymore. i hope you're able to get through it ok.

The real questions
Rating
I am so sorry.... thats awful! I mean real awful... Go find a Christian Church and believe me you will get the help! you still have a chance to be saved and set free.

Dr. Phil
dont blame yourself. you can't change what already happened

kez29
Rating
You are not to blame for your friends death. Every person has a mind of their own, however much they are influenced by other people. Your friend had a mental illness and if not treated or undetected this is what unfortunetly sometimes happens. It was your friends decision to make at the end of the day. It will take a long time for you to get over such a sad loss but you must move on and in time things will get better for you. I really hope hope everything works out for you, take care.

amber_xx66
Rating
Hello i'am so very sorry to hear this tragic news,you will be finding it very hard to cope with,if you are on your own please find a friend or someone to talk to,this is very important to do,my heart goes out to you at your loss of a friend,which only time will heal,but it will i promise,if you can't find a friend to share your grief with or your parents please try phoning a help line now,you should not be on your own at this very sad time,it is too much to for anyone to cope with,please take care,my thoughts are with you,Kathy

♥fashiongoddess
Rating
Go to a phsychiatrist. He'll help you through this. Trust me and take my advice. You'll feel a lot better and make new friends. But keep her in your mind when you feel lonely. It isn't your fault at all.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I will pray for your friend, and also that God may grant you comfort in your grief.

Kitty L
Rating
My best friend committed suicide too. It isn't our fault - there was absolutely NOTHING YOU OR ME COULD HAVE DONE TO HAVE PREVENTED IT! There was more going on with her besides just you. You don't have that much POWER to make anyone kill themselves - remember that. I had to. Sorry to hear though and I understand, believe me! I had to stop blaming myself, because I didn't put a gun to her head and MAKE HER DO IT! I was powerless, as you were. Chin up!!!! Life gets better. Trust me.

Liz^23
Rating
No it isn't your fault. She had her own personal battles which she couldn't deal with and did not talk to anyone about it. Perhaps since you have attempted suicide, she didnt want to talk to you about it coz it might encourage you to do it again since she herself was thinking about it. So she was probably thinking for your best interest. You were probably the best thing that existed in her life. Pray for her soul to be at rest and continue living your life for yourself and for her.

catzrme
Suicide is the victim's fault. People always have choices. Maybe you could go back to the outpatient program.

Mike M.
Rating
First of all, you should NEVER EVER blame yourself. she had more problems than she could handle on her own. I know you're dealing with grief,and you should do what you can to get over it. It's NOT your fault. If you're dealing with depression then I suggest you seek help NOW. Good Luck to you.

cutsey343212
Rating
1st of all i would like to give my most sincere condolences for your lost. Losing a friend is such a sad and horrible thing, i cannot imagine what you are going through. I would like to say that her death is NOT your fault. If u make it that it is, you will only be in more pain. Think of it that she is in a better place now, a place where she wont be depressed or miserable, and that she has finally set herself free. I do not believe in suicide whatso ever but we cant change what happens. Some people feel like the only real answer is to take their own lives. Its horrible and tragic, but are we going to sit around and sulk and be miserable the rest of our lives? no. we cannot change what happened, however we can live our lives in her memory. think about the great times you had together, think about all the wonderful and happy memories, and i believe that will put u in a better place, as well as put ur friend in a peaceful place where she can finally be happy

all the best, take care

glasscityvillian
More then likely she looked up to you and reliezed with you trying to take ur life that if you were to go she woul dhave nothing maybe you should have suggested the psych ward to her but you are gonna be stuck with a million maybes to questions you will nbever be able to answer without her something happened while you were gone that sparked something very depressing in her but it is not ur fault you have no control over what one person will do in their life sry for your loss and do what you have to to help yourself with coping with it

shrty0525
Rating
I'm sooooo sorry.

It's not your fault though. I think you should grieve - and remember her. Maybe find a suicide hot line that you can help at in her memory. I think you should go to counseling because you attempted right? And so that you can realize that it wasn't your fault.

Hugs and I'll pray for you.

swomedicineman
Rating
First of all 12 Tylenol isn't enough to do any permanent damage; you're lucky. I hope the psych helped you out. As for your friend's suicide; that's very unfortunate but not your fault. If she committed suicide because you swallowed 12 tylenol then she had deeper issues than the tylenol. First of all why was she depressed? what was her home life like etc... These things should've been addressed by a professional. You are not to blame. There was obviously some deep rooted pain she was dealing with emotionally and psychologically. May God comfort you and her family. Keep your chin up and a positive attitude.

BeC
These things just take time to get over. You should know that her actions were not your fault - it was her decision. I'm sorry for your loss.

crazyme
not sure what she said on her note to you... you should forget "in it?" anyway, what i think you should do is get counseling ASAP. good luck and sorry about your friend. :(

bmac
Rating
It is not your fault. None of us has that kind of power of another human being. Just go see your own psychiatrist to deal with it so that you don't do anything stupid again like swallowing Tylenol. Did you know that they can kill you for real? At the very least they can kill your kidneys and you'll have to be on dialysis.

Lady-bug
Rating
I am sorry for your lost. It is hard to lose a friend.
Well you really need to stop blaming yourself and get help to get over this hard time. May god be with you!

Twinkle
None of this is your fault. You need to talk to a qualified person to help you through this difficult time.

My thoughts are with you...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy