Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression ...

Have you ever had the kind of day where you want to stay inside the house and not face the world at all?

I Need to Die?
I tried ti kill myself months ago with out sucess. This time I plan to go to work on Monday and then when I finish work on monday stay in a B&B and then on tuesday I'm on a course and when I...

Your opinions on suicide?
Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Was it a real and failed attempt or a cry for help? And do you get p****d off with people who say it's selfish? (For those who dont know it is ...

Am i crazy?
i talk to myself. i dont do any thing bad. i'm depressed and hate life. i've had eating disorders. i cant trust any one. thats why i'm asking you, cause you dont know who i really am....

I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details

Suicide methods?
Can someone please tell me the quickest way to do this - have tried cutting my wrists but I can seem to cut deep enough - please dont try to talk me out of it I've had enough i want to go - ...

Is it illegal to commit suicide?

What do you do when your mad?

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

My New Girlfriend is an Alcoholic! What should I do?
I have just found out that my new girlfriend of only 5 months is an alcoholic. I had know idea until this weekend when I found her totally drunk, dilerious and injured. It scared me like nothing in ...

I feat that i am going to hell?
and there isnt anything i can do about it. ifeel that lots of stuff that goes on around me is making my afterlife that much more horrible. is there a name for this kind of thinking? what can be ...

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

ashbeccaa
My best best best friend died. Please read.?
I'm 13. I've been best friends with this girl since I was 8 years old. On March 5th, my best friend died suddenly. She was just 15. How can I move on with my life. Because I know she doesn't want me to stop living even though she's died. It's just that no one gets me. All my other so called friends... aren't acting like my friends. And I can't tell anyone anything anymore. I told my best friend EVERYTHING. I feel like I'm going to POP!! It's horrible. I've never been so lonely. Can anyone help me? I just wanna get past this awful feeling.
-ARS

zaxxon
Hey, I am very sorry to hear what happened to you. If you are religious, ask for peace. Don't ask "why" since you won't ever be able to answer that question. So, just ask for peace, acceptance and understanding.

It is very possible that your friends are trying to help you out, but the pain you are feeling is so great that nothing they do or say will ease the pain or make it go away. I think it is like when a parent dies... Give them the chance to comfort you and be open to them. Also, talk to your parents and let them know how you feel.

Finally, take some time off. I don't know, go on vacation somewhere or sign up for a summer camp abroad. Keep your mind busy.

But most importantly, keep the memory of your friend alive. As long as you remember your friend and cherish the moments you spent with her, she will be with you forever.

I will think about you and pray for you.

wbsorens
Memorialize your friend every way you can, with flowers, props, tidbits from your friendship and her life, and make it a point to do so every year or so. By making preparations and honoring her in this way, you will begin to feel like her spirit is with you and you will be able to go on.

F_T_W !
Sorry for your loss. I know that losing a close best friend hurts totally.Try to maintain your composure, never forget her when things look bleak look back at all the good times you two shared. Try to occupy yourself with something new maybe even something that you two discussed in the past that may have been a dream or aspiration.Take a time out count to ten, breath! And when it gets really bad let it loose cuz you can't keep it all bottled up forever cuz then you will pop! If you can';t find someone to confide in try to see your school counselor ore social worker for moral support. good luck.

senior2tor
A very good author wrote a book about her son's life. He died at nineteen. She was unable to believe that he would eventually do suicide. His girlfriend died in a car accident when they were both thirteen and he didn't get his head free from sadness. The book is called 'HIS BRIGHT LIGHT'. Remember that suicide is group murder and you need to fight back. You and your friend have a right to live as you are. Your brain will stop making your pain after a while if you can settle down and believe your life is as valuable as everyone else's. There will be good times again but it will be a long time is all.

braveheart0714
Rating
first let me tell you I am sorry for your loss, then I am sure your best friend would love you to be happy and enjoy every moment thinking about her and remembering that someone dies when he or she is forgotten, tell me if you were the one who had died,what would you tell your friend to do, how would you want your friend to feel?
pain is the most obvious feeling in this case but behind every storm there lies a shining sun, when you see the shining sun thank whoever you have to thank for the opportunity life gave you of having a friend to cherish moments.bless your friend life by moving on happily without forgetting her

CaRmeN
Rating
o sorry about the friend u lost but thats life and you must go on maybe just try not to think about it and you should go to the mall o something or the park.or make new friends i know its gonna a be hard.

emily351982
Rating
This is something that really takes time to get through. You should just be happy that you were a part of this person's life and that she was a part of your life. You'll find new friends but that doesn't mean they can replace her. Try writing in a journal or maybe go to counseling if you can. It's got to be a really difficult time for you. Just be strong and you'll make it through this b/c you've got a long life ahead of you. Hope you feel better soon!

rossj12003
You will get over the loss over your best friend.
Life has many disappointments.
Maybe your pet died,and you suffered because of it.
Later on in life you'll lose your parents and your brothers and sisters.
Also as you get older you may have a family and your children may die before you do.
I don't want to sound religious but I found that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ helped me with every problem.
Yes you can call on Him now and He will answer.

nogalesnick
Well, First talk with your parents, Your Clergy, Your counsolor at school. Be honest and tell them how you feel and what's happening. You may need some therapy. You can also do this exercise that i have my clients do.Write a letter to your best friend, Tell her how you feel, How sad & lonely you are without her.Then depending how she died, (Illness, accident etc.)Write to the person who caused her death. Use any language that you want! Tell them how you feel.Now, the letter to your friend, Place in an envelope and put it away for the next time you miss your friend. Now the second letter, Place that in a different envelope, seal it THEN RIP IT TO SHREDS AND THROW IT AWAY!! Good luck

dney4u23
Honestly I dont know. My best friend of 10 years died last year and I am still not over it. I could explain the feeling better if I tried ever time I think of her I feel like I am going to burst open cause my heart cant take it. With out her I am alone and yet I manage. I talk to her parents when I can to let them know I am here, but I really think all you can do is move forward one day at a time and let time do its job.

HONEYBEE
My daughter lost her best friend and she felt the same way.She ask me one day if she could talk to me and from that day on when she really needs to talk to some body she comes to mom.So ask your mom if you can talk with her about how you feel.Mom can always help when you hurt.

sugardiamonddamoo
Rating
you'll just have to find sumbody you trust to tell stuff to. your friend wouold't want you to sit around and be miserable. im sure you'll get through it. but it will be hard

rainchaser77
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Believe it or not, you're heading in the right direction. That you want to move on, and that you understand that SHE would want you to move on is very, very important. Mostly it just takes time. It hasn't even been 2 months, so you're going to have to exercise a little patience.

I'm guessing that your other friends don't know what to say or do. Just like you aren't sure how you're supposed to deal with your grief, your friends aren't sure how to deal with it either. You could tell them how to help you. Also, talk to your parents. I know it's hard to imagine, but they've probably already had a number of losses in their lives, and will almost definitely be able to help you deal with it. They are also the ones in the best position to get you outside help (like therapy) if you think you need it. Do you have a school counselor? Maybe s/he could help too. There are so many places for you to turn, don't give up hope.

wyderp
Rating
i'm sorry to hear about that, i know it is so hard to go through this kind of thing. my best friend lost his mother when he was just 8, and later my high-school friend lost his dad a few days before christmas. it is horrible, and will take a long time to get over. you need to find some people that can relate to you and can support you, don't expect everyone to supply this help just because you are near or close to them. get help from those who can help you, and find some people who have also gone through the same thing so you all can help each other.

kgf74
start wirtting a journal or diary and write anything you want and what you feel. it will help you get things out without telling somebody that you dont want to. hang in there and be strong, you will be ok

older woman
Rating
My sympathy to you. Your other friends are probably ignoring you because they do not know how to talk to you. This is an ackward situation for them. Remember all of you are young. Sit down with them and express that you want them as friends.

doll
Rating
There is nothing permanent in this world but change. Same goes with how you feel. It's up to you on which change you prefer to choose. Happiness does not depend on one person. And nobody can make you happy but yourself for happiness is a state of mind. Do you enjoy feeling that way? I guess not of course. Be careful with feeling lonely all the time, your health might get affected. If you imagine your best friend looking at you now and you are sad I'm sure she'll feel sad too. Do things which you think will make her smile as she watches over you.

Jim
Your friend is still with you, you remember everything you two ever did together. You will never be alone as long as you remember her, how she acted, that funny thing she did an how you always laughed with her.
As long as her memory is alive, she will never leave you and no one can take that away from you.
Now, live the life that she wanted you to live!

mocatz1
I'm sorry for your loss. Eventually, it will get easier with time. Talk to your parents and look to them for comfort. Eventually your other friends will come around. E-mail me and i will talk with you: wolff_716@hotmail.com
I lost a friend suddenly as well. I learned that over the weekend, he died, and everybody who knew him was shocked because they had just seen him over the week.

fadedindio
I had a best friend and a cousin both killed in the same year. I thought I would never be able to get over it. But time heals all. It takes time to be ok. You will find your way to move on, its not always easy.I'm sorry for your lose. It does get better though trust me, I know from experience...

dweed
Believe me, I have been throught the same feelings. And even though I am probably your Mom & Dad's age, I under stand. For me, the spiritual excorcism for situations like this was always music.
If you don't have a copy of them, ask your folks, and see if they have...

"Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush
"Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M.

It may sound corny, but these songs have helped me get thruogh some awful times. If you have heard them before, good for you.
If you have not, I hope that you listen. And I hope that it helps.

....and I hope my angel helps, at least to make you smile.
From what I guessing, you need a smile!

Chico2007
Rating
Sorry about your loss but it's never easy to get over something as tragic as that. I'm 15 and can't image what this must feel like. If you need to cry, then cry. It's good that you care for someone that much that's a friend. If those other "friends" aren't acting the way they should to be your friend, move on and get some other people to hang around with. Wait for a while though 'cuz it should feel kinda hard for you.

dragonfly68
Rating
Open your heart to others and give them a chance...looks like you do not want another "best friend".As hard as it is...you have to move on...but it will take time..dont be so hard on yourself..time will ment your wounds and you will make other friends...please dont feel like you "replaced" your best friend with someone else...your best friend will always be in your heart.good luck honey

billhwks
There are seven stages of grieve we all go through when we lose someone we love. No one will ever be able to replace your friend. But you know she wouldn't want you to feel or go through what you are dealing with. Don't let this break you, keep her in your heart and your mind everyday and think what would she do if she was in your shoes. Would she handle it differently or would she handle it the same as you.

NorthernCA/FL
Rating
Hi sweetie. I am sorry you are having a hard time. Have you thought of talking to the guidance counselor at school? He or she might be able to point you toward resources, or provide a supportive listening ear. Stick to the friends you have who are suportive.....people who are not are ones you need to avoid right now. Death is such a hard thing to face at any age, much less yours. Teens usually think they will live forever... If you are into church, you may be able to receive help there. You could even try short term therapy.......are your parents able to help you with this? I wish you luck in dealing with your feelings. I would say that time will help most of all. My father died five years ago, and I thought I would never be the same. My grief was pretty acute for two years, and at this point, I have fond memories and occasional sadness, because I miss him. But I am doing great now. Therapy has helped alot.

carobygirl
NDMDA Depression Hotline 800-826-3632

Call this number if you want to talk to somebody...

isabel_ro1981
Rating
I'm so sorry for your loss.

You will get through this and feel better, but it will take time. What you are feeling is normal. Hang in there, and seek out a parent or a trusted teacher or anyone if you need to talk about it. You don't have to go through this alone just because your friends are not supportive.

nelson_devon
It is not easy, and I am sorry to hear about your loss. You know all the reasons you must go on though. Try to develop new friends, and maybe a new interest, like playing the guitar or something.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy