Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

How do i tell my parents I'm depressed?
Ok I'm have 13 and have been pretty depressed for about the past year, no one has noticed except my best friend. She keeps telling me ,to tell me parents but i just don't know how. I have ...

Is it acceptable to rely on someone else for happiness?

Do you ever want to just run away?
Just get away from the responsiblities of being mother, wife, taxi driver,house keeper ect.. Whats a good way to just relax when you have all this built up stress?
Additional Details

Answer first correctly and get 10 points...........?
What antidepressant was one of the teens on during the Columbine incident?

A) Prozac
B) Zoloft
C) Effexor
D) Luvox
E) P...

I think I'm bi-polar?
I am 14 years old and everyone I talk to seems to associate my moods with adolecence, but I've started to notice that my mood swings are alot more violent than anybody else I know. One day I can ...

Why can't I just snap out of it?
I am very sensitive and get depressed easily. I feel empty as I lost my boyfriend and my job. I just want to snap out of it and start better care of myself. I just know don't know how. My ...

How can i love this baby when the father has made me feel so worthless?

How can I shake this off I don't know what's wrong with me?
This is not like me I'm feeling very down tonight I don't know why nothing has happened to me I feel like I could burst into tears but there's no reason for it. I suppose everyone has ...

I cant sleep...?
i have my hours mixed up. i sleep in the day and a stay up in the night. no matter how hard i try i cant get my hours turned around!!!! i need some help with this delima. so please... HELP ME!!!!!!...

Aliens replacing my wife???
Hi,

When I was about 18 I got really anxious and started having panic attacks for about 18 months. About 9 months in I started to think I was being poisoned by my parents and that aliens ...

On a scale of 1-10, how crazy do I sound?
I just chased an 11 year old girl down th street for being rude to me. I'm a 30 year old woman. Should I seek help? What is wrong with me?...

I think I hate my 1 year old daughter?
She is 15 mths old
I rarely have tender feelings for her
I always shout at her, hit her, easily get mad at her for the silliest reasons, i treat her as if she is a grown up, not a baby.

My daughter tried to kill herself?
1 week ago my daughter took a bottle of pills and consumed half a bottle of vodka. She was in hospital for 3 days, but is now home with us. She has started thearpy, and I've talked to her, and ...

I want to kill myself?
I MISS MY EX BOYFRIEND AND I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOUSE AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HURT THEM AND I JUST FEEL LIKE I HURT EVERYONE I HAVE KNOWN IN MY LIFE SO IF I DIE I WON'T CAUSE ANYMORE HURT...

Is self-harm a selfish act?
What if no one knows or very few know?
Additional Details
"but one does one personally gain by harming themselves?"
It&#...

What is bio-polar?
I been having problems and they been telling me that i am depressed and any med. i am on just don't seem to work! And one day i was really ***** and someone said something i just lost it and my ...

Is piercing a form of self injury?
I was just wondering your thoughts and feelings on this subject. If a person pierces themselves with a safety pin or thumbtack, do you think this is a form of self harm?...

sexilexi
Is this considered child abuse?
i am 13 yrs old
my mom calls me bad words, slaps me across the face, throws me out of the house, and yells at me all because i haven't cleaned my room
i cry and feel depressed after this
it isn't fun:( trust me.
and could u get depression from this situation? b/c i think i am:(
plz help me

futurefhmal
Rating
yes and no. unless your mom is really hurting you...(other than slapping) its not really child abuse she's just trying to get you to do what you're told and be a good kid. try doing the things that your mom asks of you and take pride in the things that you do...like cleaning your room BEFORE she asks. although your mom really isnt raising you the BEST way she's doing the best that she can and although she could DEFINITELY benefit from some therapy...chances are she's not gonna go for it, but it wont hurt to suggest that you and her go to family therapy. and yes you can definitely get depression from this situation thats why its best to suggest some therapy...yet try to find a way to co-exist with your mother so that she wont get on you so much.if this doesnt work and your mother is unwilling to go to counseling...than its definitely NOT YOUR FAULT and you should talk to your guidance counselor about how your mothers anger problems are affecting your life...(just leave out the slapping unless you want to go to a foster home) however, if it gets to the point where she's hurting you a lot worse than slapping...kicking, punching, or hitting you with objects...than you NEED to tell someone. i hope this helps...and i know its tough to be a kid with a parent who is less than paitent and understanding but you'll get through it...trust me.

justwondering
Rating
Yes, child, that is abuse and you will need to get a trusted adult as an advocate. Start with your school counselor or a relative. Perhaps your mother can be directed to some parenting classes. Good luck.

DORY
Yes it is, child abuse! No one should SLAP your face, except in self defense! That is not the case, Right? No! OK? Tell, someone! Your teacher, your church, an aunt, uncle, Grandma! Someone! Do not live like that. You deserve more. Your Mom may have been through HARD times, but YOU do not have to pay! You will be doing your Mom a favour, in the long run! PLEASE, Sweetie, TELL SOMEONE! Good luck!

jules
This is definately Child ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!! Call the child abuse hotline immediately!! I have children and know they can be awful sometimes but there is no sense in actions like these. There are other ways to correct a child, maybe she need a psychologist and extensive therapy.

Sharisse F
Rating
Your mother doesn't have a right to mistreat you for any reason. It seems as if she could be under a lot of stress and relieving this stress by hurting you. Speak to a school counselor or someone you really trust about this situation. Being physically and mentally abused will most defiantly cause depression in even the most strongest human being, and you don't need to feel this way. Lastly, please don't believe any of the names your mother calls you, you are a good person that deserves unconditional love from your mother. I hope everything works out for you.

bar
Slapping is definitely abuse talk to your school councillor

HaNnAh
Yes definitly if you know the # for child abuse help if not talk to a trusted adult or school consler

Sterling D W
this is a form of mental abuse....talk with a counselor at your school

~Christine~
Rating
Calling you names is verbal abuse. Verbal abuse can be even more psychologically damaging than physical abuse, and yes, it can lead to depression. Slapping you is physical abuse, and she has no right to kick you out of the house. Talk to a teacher you can trust at school, or see your school counselor. You could also turn to other family members for support. Call them when this happens so you have someone to talk to and don't have to deal with this on your own.

Billionaire
Rating
yes it is abuse, however you need to be sure of your actions before you tell the authorities. speak to someone trusted first like a GP, or local minister or teacher. child agencies tend to tear families apart, more than mend them, so be wise in your decision.

Autumn
That is child abuse, and she needs parenting classes. Tell someone you can trust who can help, such as your school counselor. Your mom won't go to jail, but you may have to be sent to live with someone who is more educated about child care. Atleast try to talk to your mom about how you are feeling. Don't accuse her and say things like "you always" or "you never", things like that will make her angry and make things harder on you. Just say that it really hurts you when she disciplines you like that. But, I would definitely tell an adult who can help.

Jan
Yes, that's abuse! There's no need to treat anyone like that! Where's your father? Does he treat her like that or a boyfriend or was she abused herself as a child? Call 1-800-448-3000! It's a national crisis hotline for kids in trouble like you. Someone will be able to tell you how to deal with this. Your mother obviously needs serious counselling. She must have personal problems and she's taking it out on you! Happy people don't hurt other people! So something's wrong in her life that she needs to fix! Deep down she loves you but her own problems are making her get mean! That's no way to solve anything! Please help yourself! You can tell a counsellor at school or if you have a doctor that you can talk to, that'll work too, but tell somebody! Your mom probably doesn't even realize how bad she's treating you! You all need someone to step in and help you all!!!

Lori K
Yes, if you aren't exaggerating, it IS abusive.

lorry d
Rating
yes dear this is called child abuse attempt talkking to an adult you trust but do keep in mind that you must prove the abuse so if you make things up(im not saying you are) it will cost you more then you have to give

beenabytch
Rating
Yes, it is abuse! Look in your phone book, under the state you are in & there should be a number under Child Protective Services: CALL THAT NUMBER RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!

xyourmomx565
Rating
talk to an adult that u can trust cuz what ur moms doing is NOT right.

rebecca h
Rating
Yes absolutely, this is emotional, verbal, and physical abuse. Please call 1 800 4A CHILD to get a referral to someone in your area who can help you. You could probably go to a shelter or to foster care while your mother goes through counselling for herself, if that would in fact help her. And yes, abuse is one of the main causes of depression. You are a valuable worthy person who deserves so much better.

Nancy M.
Rating
You should go to your school counselor and let them know.It sounds like child abuse to me.

flawolfchild
IF what you are saying is the truth - get off of this web page because some people can be very cruel here and speak to a counselor, teacher or another adult you can trust to get help for both yourself and your mother. Also if you know that not cleaning your room (after I am sure your mother has told you to do a million times) is going to set her rage off then why not avoid this and just clean your room?

Sarbear
Rating
This is definitely abuse. You probably are depressed, I would be if I were going through something like this. You need to be strong, and get help from people you trust. Mothers and daughters can often do battle! DO what ever it takes to make sure you are safe and secure! Talk with your mom when there is not a heated moment letting her know your feelings and like I said before get people to help a dad, sibling or other close person.

woolly worm
SEE IF POSSIBLY YOU CAN DO SOMETHING BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY FOR YOUR MOM. SHE MAYBE LIVING ON THE EDGE WITH HER OWN PROBLEMS. MAYBE WHEN SHE LEAST EXPECTS IT VACUUM THE HOUSE AFTER HAVING CLEANED YOUR ROOM. OR SOMETHING SIMILAR.MAYBE DO THE WASHING OR DISHES OR WHATEVER. TRY TO WIN HER OVER TO RESPECT YOU MORE AND MORE EACH DAY. ALWAYS LEAVE TIME FOR YOUR SCHOOL WORK TOO AND FRIENDS. IF YOUR MOTHER KNOWS ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS PARENTS MAYBE IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE THEN ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS PARENTS CAN TALK WITH YOUR MOM AND CONVEY YOUR FEELINGS. HEALING TAKES TIME. LETS SEE WHAT TIME WILL DO FIRST WHILE NOT BEING LAZY AND PURSUING A CURE. YOUR NOT ALONE ! ! BELIEVE ME

Oh Suhnny Day
Rating
If you are serious, see your school counselor. This forum is not always a nice place and people may say hurtful things.

ToTalLY mE
wow I'm sorry. Yes I think it is and yes also you can get depressed maybe you are please get help kid talk to someone (a councilor a doctor a family member anyone) and don't do anything stupid kay. Good Luck ♥

IndianaHoosier
Rating
yes it's called mentally and physically abusing you.
Is there another family member you can talk to?
School nurse?
Neighbor?
Don't let it go on. Help yourself by taking action and seek adult help.
Don't think of it as hurting your mother, you maybe helping her in the long run. There maybe things about her you are unaware of that she needs help with. Sooner you seek help, sooner you help both you and your mom.

GatorHunter®
Rating
im sorry to say, but your mom needs help, yes that could be considered a form of abuse, its mental mostly, but she did slap you, this is a tough stuation, i grew up like that but worse, and ended up in a foster home, so be careful how you do this, i would talk to one of your counslers at your school, and maybe they can give you some better advice

good luck

irish eyes
Rating
yes, try speaking to an adult that can help you

Morgan C
Rating
Yes!! I am your age, too.
And she SLAPS you??
Physical abuse.
And everything else is Mental Abuse.

kaitlin b
omg that is so mean im sorry that is so abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

deb1975@sbcglobal.net
Yes it's abuse...physical, verbal and emotional. Throwing you out of the house at your age is illegal. Notify the police and tell them you want removed from her care permanently. She sounds unstable, and you need and deserve a safe place to live

OOO! I know! I know!
Rating
Sounds abusive to me and abuse frequently causes depression.

Lil SW
Rating
Call DSS yourself. You can report it annoumously and have a professional come in. Maybe they can help change things around.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy