Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am feeling very cold. but my wife refuses to give me shawl to wear?
she tells other relative keeps fan on. she herself feels much cold but decline to accept it.
Additional Details
We have got many ...

Do i have mental problems?
i get angry for stupid things alot, and i always think that if i get a cut it will get infected and i will die, do i need counciling or can i get over this problem myself?...

What was your weirdest dream?
My dreams are the mix of everything I did or thought of during the day. In my dream, I came out of Costco with my family with a 50 pack of magical sausages for 1.99. If you threw one magical sausage ...

Whats wrong with me?
I am 17 and have suffered from depression for years now. when i'm depressed and empty feeling i usually find myself eating without needing the food. I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs. idk if ...

Anorexia or bulimia?
if you are going to say neither... dont bother to reply
this is serious and i just wanted to know what people thin is worse.. bulimia or anorexia. thankyou

also anyone know anyone in ...

I really hate school!!!!!!!!! HELP?
Every morning I wake up with a stomachache ( really bad) and so I skip breakfast and I get to school and I feel like crap but I really have to go because if I don't I'll be really behind. M...

Depression?
Has anyone overcome depression and how did you do it?...

How can I stop myself spending money?
I just can't help myself - it's like I am addicted - to spending money and to owning things. Any ideas?...

Why should'nt i do suicide ?
I really don't see any other option because i have a miserable life. Anyone who look at me wont find any reason why should i do that but i hv lot of reasons:
1.My father died 11 yrs. ago ...

How do I stop myself from commiting suicide?
Hi

Im 16,I have depression,I self harm and Im suicidal.
I told my mom about the depression(not the self harm or being suicidal) a few weeks ago and she brought me to the doctor who ...

Is it pathetic i still live at home at 27?
IM 27 and everyone i know is getting on and engaged has a life, good friends etc No im not saying their lives are perfect but yhey are content. I I have always cared about what people thought of me ...

Stupid stupid Anger!?
earlier i threw my ipod because i just got angry for no reason i want to kno why i'm fine and then suddenly become realli angry for no reason at all
Additional Details

Is it normal to count things?
when i am ina public place i will count how many letters in words, how many seats on the bus, how many women/men on a bus and more... I just have to do it....

I Don't Know What's Wrong With me. Read This and Give Me an Opinion on What I should do?
I don't know if I would necessarily call it depression or laziness. I get in these "spurts" where I just don't care about myself or my home or belongings. I'll go for days ...

Whats the quickest way to go to sleep without taking sleeping pills or anything ?
something natural ?...

Has anybody else gone through what I'm going through?
My Mom died of stomach cancer after bravely fighting it for 4 months, nearly a month ago. At first everyone was great and supportive but now it's as if they're not bothered about me. I...

Can useing drugs can kill you if you don't over does and its your first time?
please help i think my friend is using drugs and i don't if it can kill i worry i really care about him help me to help him =....(...

I want help but I'm scared?
I cut myself. I'm depressed, but I want to change. I'm sick of trying to hide it all the time.

I really want to talk to someone in person about it, but someone professional. N...

I absolutely cannot take it!?
i take xanax, lithium, and now back again on effexor. my mind is racing. i have feelings of terror inside. if i am by myself i have the worst panic attack and basically black out with out passing out....

I really, really want to die?
nothing is right in my life. i have no family or friends. i have no money. i have been depressed for years. i was molested for almost a year when i was younger. how ironic is it that i have a degree ...

Sash
Is there something mentally wrong with me?
Ok here is the big picture, I love talking to ppl but i get this overwhelming urge to pretend to be other made-up ppl on chat on my phone. I know its wrong but I just can't stop. It's like the ppl I made up are taking over me.
I feel their emotions when I'm them, they all have different dialog styles and personalities.
1 of them is and 18yo f who just had triplets. sh is a total nympho.
2nd 1 is15yo male. he lives with his mom who fosters a couple other boys, one which had cacer and recently commited suicide. he might be bi polar.
those are really the only two I have right now since I'm trying to convince one he killed himself.
This is a really big problem, I actually talk about them like different ppl! what would happen if my boyfriend found out? Of course I am me when I talk to him but still... I don't want ppl getting hurt!!
Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help me? Please be nice I am not trying to hurt anyone!

Deb W
You described an almost textbook case of Multiple Personality Disorder. You must see a therapist who specializes in this. Good luck!

alal
Rating
Many people have the urge to do wrong, it is natural. nothing is mentally wrong wtih you. all you need to do is ask for help to get through this. its gonna b okay. dont wry.

amy
Tell your doctor and they will get you set up in the right therapy. Lots of people have weird things wrong with them, but i'm sure there is a way to get hellp.

Katie P
Awww seems to me like you are making up these fictional characters because you are not happy with yourself so you'd rather be someone else......
I would talk to a certain line to get advice on this subject...
Im sure there isnt anything seriously wrong with you i wouldnt worry other people probably have this.......

eilatan_t
Rating
I think a lot of people have pretended to be someone else
out of boredom, and insecurities about themselves. However, I think the degree you are doing this is to much. I would seek some sort of counseling about this ,If you can't stop on your own.

Bippy McBipperson
Rating
I too to the same thing. I have six different names five female and one male. I do it cuz im bored and i have too much free time on my hands. I dont think im mental. Its fun. Authors who write books do it all the time and they get paid for it. I never thought of it as sik. I even tell my husband and kids. They say im sik and then laugh.

mbesse72
u should probably go and see your doctor if you want to find out more about this. ur doctor can give you a mental examination and determind wether or not you have a mental problem. it sounds like you have a mild case of multiple personality disorder which can most likely be treated with medicine or therapy. dont worry everything will be fine. i hope this helped. :)

why do i matter?
Rating
u might have bi-polar disease

laceyd5
Well, it depends. If you are actually concerned about it, I would talk to someone.

If you really in your heart think it's no big deal, you may just have a very vivid imagination.

How old are you? Certain mental issues typically present at certain ages. If you feel something is wrong, trust yourself and ask your doctor!

Amry-Navy Girl
well I'm hoping you would know the difference between just having fun and being serious if you really feel that's it's more then just having fun you need to talk to a doctor they can help they have anonymous hot lines and stuff you can call but i really do think you should let your boyfriend know if he really cares about you he will help you out and stand behind you the whole way.good luck : )

jackie
Rating
OMG i do the same thing. I do it because im bored and i have too much free time on my hands. Geeze, i never thought anything of it. I just like to see what peeps say to my different made up persona. I didnt think it was a mental problem. Peeps who write books do the very same thing and gets paid for it.

Asima
Rating
I think you are extremely bored and need to get involved with some extra-curricular activities that take you out of the house and throw you into some grueling physical sport for you to realise your fullest potential and possibly become a professional athlete with the drive that you have got!..

Honestly I think you have a tremendous amount of energy that needs to be properly channeled. I mean what I say. You could be the next world champion at something. Please check with your doctor and start some project where you fulfill a lifelong dream of being a famous professional golfer/baseball player/ badminton player/tennis player choose NOW!!

good luck..

EternallyWise
Rating
What i would say is that you may have MPD, but since you know about the other people and can talk to them you may just be experiancing a hard time in your life and made up these people to help you cope, this may not be the case but usually people have other personalities because they are stressed, overwhelmed, scared, or something else. You may have created these types of people as well for some unkown reason, I suggest to first ask yourself "Will I let any one get hurt, will I stop with these other personalities and face what ever comes my way." Once you have answered that question you can either fight to stay yourself or see a doctor. As well there are a lot of people out there with multiple personalities and if you can honestly say you have it then you should do what you know is right.

redhotboxsoxfan
Rating
I would say yes you have some type of problem, if you need professional help, meds or something I cannot say. Why not go to a doctor and see what the doctor says? Can't hurt.

Heather B
You need to see a psychologist. This could be a serious problem and you don't want it to get worse than it already is. Good luck hun. Get well soon.

Kayla
Maybe maybe not me and my friends always pretend to be people were not all the time on the phone but if no one is finding it funny go see a doctor maybe?

Jack
Rating
You may be a bit paranoid. Consider talking to your doctor.

Bob Saget
You need the wisdom of Bob Saget to help you with this situation. Alas, Bob Saget has passed on to the beyond. If Bob was still here he would tell you that everyone has problems and that you are just like DJ in episode 167. (Watch it to find your answer)

kim s
Rating
I have heard of some people using chat to enrich their personalities-acting funnier, more dramatic, or being more like themselves-but acting like a different person altogether as you described can hurt others on chat, even if that's not what you intended.

Many people on chat are empathetic and it can take up a lot of energy to worry about someone who is committing suicide or to fall in love with someone. I knew someone once who thought he was deeply in love with someone online for over a year, only to find out later that she was completely made up. If you can imagine not ever having met your boyfriend and hearing him lying to you on the net about having kids or having a wife, maybe you can imagine the heartache it can cause.

To overcome this problem, you may want to look into a creative writing class, where you can write up these stories on your own without using up anyone's energy. It's fine to act
out more of yourself on chat, but acting like someone completely different can take advantage of people's genuine abilities to care and be supportive.

musicusim
Please get help - fast!

Meggie. ^.^
Go to your doctor. Yoo may have a case of multiple personalities. This is quite serious.

Richard
those are probably all different aspects of your personality, maybe you find that your life's too boring so you're making stuff up as to make it more interesting. Don't get too caught up in the lie...just know where to draw the line between fantasy and reality.

jaded_shrew
Rating
*smiles* it doesn’t mean that you have a mental disorder – there could be a number of explanations. I RP (role play, but not in the dirty sense) with a friend of mine, both of us are girls, and normally we play males. However, since you feel like your actually being taken over by the characters that you’ve created, you might want to talk to a councilor or psychologist.

It might be nothing at all, but you should get it checked out just incase anyway.

vulgrin
Rating
If you are concerned, then you should probably talk to a psychiatrist for a session and get their opinion. You might just like imagination and fantasy. My advice would be to start writing about these folks, tell stories about them, etc. instead of trying to impersonate them. Let your creative energy go into the writing instead of using them to talk to others and see where that leads you.

Bob H
That's why they invented games like "Sims" and :Second City". Mostly that's why they're so popular. People with your ability become writers, playwrights. etc.

J *
Rating
You probably have MPD

watermelon
dont get advice from here because if u do have a problem its not good for you. go to a therapist or physcologist..if ur at skl go see the guidence counceller..

deYoung
No, you don't probably have MPD. You might have an obsessive compulsive lying disorder.
You need to talk to a mental health provider about this if you want it to stop. You won't be able to stop on your own. And people will begin to find out, because you'll do it more and more in your real life.
And when stories don't add up, people know you're lying and that reputation will never leave you. People won't trust you.
So see a mental health professional and get this worked out.
Good luck.

Love life
Rating
You are probably creating these people because there is something about them that you want to be..Something is missing in your life and you can not be yourself..I wouldnt worry too much about it as long as u dont really act it out in person ... If it is bugging so much maybe you should just stop... Have you ever thought about writting?? Seems to me like you have a big imagination and are already creating characters, maybe you should think about creating those people into a story ..

Mataman
Ask yourself why? Have fun as long as you don,t hurt someone.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy