Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Would you date someone with bi-polar disorder?
Or if you were dating someone, and found out they had bipolar (manic depression), would you stop dating them? Bearing in mind manic depressives can be perfectly happy a lot of the ...

Why do i have to sleep at night?

Self Harming.. Help Me!?
Ive Recently started to self harm. i duno it just seems to make me feel better. i cant tell anyone, ive tried but it just dont come out. i cant stop. please help me i dont know what to do :( ...

I wish I could just sleep my life away?
I hate my life. The only time I'm happy is when I'm sleeping because I'm not in reality. I'm depressed all the time, I also doing something wrong, and I want to kill myself at ...

Shall I commit suicide?
I feel lonely, lost, sad and depressed.I am crying everyday, I went to a doctor but all he did is only listen and ask about the pasy, reminding me of the past made me too depressed.Medicine they made ...

Will i kill myself?
Hey, I know my question is weird but you dont know me, You dont know what I go through every day. The only thing that is stopping me is that I know i will go to hell.. When i was 17 i started cutting ...

I have heard it said that we only dream in black and white. Is this true?

My coach has some weird things about him....What should I do?
He often calls girls fat; they are at a time in there life where they dont need to be called that for emotional damage. And i have heard some awful things about his last job that could be important ....

How can i stop snacking and comfort eating?
when i'm bored or feeling depressed, i eat. and then i feel bad for eating, and often end up eating more or not eating anything at all for a day. i really need to lose weight, but i can't ...

alex
Is there anything wrong with cutting yourself?
my brother keeps catching me cutting myself and tells my mom and she makes such a big deal out of things she thinks that ive gone bad since i came into middle school
Additional Details
my brother keeps catching me cutting my self and tells my mom as black mail and my mom says ive changed since iv gotten into middle school and they dont understand my depression i cant help myself it also feel good {i like pain}

Maddie
Rating
its completly wrong, YOU NEED TO SEE A DOC

Tiffany A
Rating
things can go seriously wrong if u cut your self. if your sad or something that makes u want to cut yourself go jogging or hangout with a friend

Sian
Well in my opinion there is an awful lot wrong with cutting yourself! I have harmed myself on and off for many years now and believe me there is nothing good about it. I can't help but wonder why you are doing this to yourself? Whatever the reason I think you would benefit from talking to someone about this and figuring it out before it becomes a serious habit, because this type of behavior is addictive. It is also usually engaged in for a reason, commonly because the person doing it is some kind of emotional pain although that is only one reason in many. Please seek some help with this OK? It really is not a good thing to do! If you can talk to your mum that would be great, however I do understand that sometimes parents are not the easiest people to talk to. A trusted teacher, school nurse or somebody like that could be a good choice too. Best wishes and I hope you find a More healthy way to deal with things soon.

Melanie
anything wrong?!

picture this..

you're at the pool with your friends..but you can't take off your towel b/cyou have ugly nasty scars all over your arms and legs..

men find you less attractive b/c your body is covered in scars that WILL NEVER GO AWAY.

you cut yourself with an unsterile knife..get some sort of disease and DIE.

honestly, girl... you need to find a different outlet for your frustrations than your body! get some help.

megp
Yes, please go tell someone like a parents or teacher. You can get help for this. It is a ver serious addiction. There are many dangers from cutting- it is from some kind of hidden emotional prooblem that you NEED to find a way to deal with head on, instead of cutting. GET HELP@!

Kris L
Yes there is EVERYTHING wrong with cutting yourself. Self cutting is a symptom of any one of the 'depressive' mental health syndromes. Tell your mom that it's not that you have 'gone bad' since you got into middle school ... tell her you need HELP and would like to speak with a psychologist. IF she won't take you to a mental health center, talk to your school counselor and let him/her get you the help you NEED. Cutting may 'seem fun' but it could lead to suicidal ideation and other bad things. YOU ARE NOT INSANE but you are 'medically ill' ... and you do NEED to talk to a good psychologist and be tested for the proper diagnosis and treatment.

shermansgirl76
Ummm.... yes. You need to get help right away... Seriously!

C C
It is dumb. It is ugly. You need to see a doctor ASAP.

b43tands
Cutting yourself is not necessarily bad but its not promoted either. When someone cuts themselves, its a way of relief. Eventually the person finds others ways of relief. Most people who cut themselves know how far is to far to cut themselves.
I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, but it is what it is so to turn your head against it would be like turning your head on someone who needs your help.
Good luck!

Sizzlin Sammy
YESSSSSS<STOP IT..It shows you have mental and emotional problems.I can't believe your mom knows and hasn't gotten you some help.Please stop doing this,You are more valuable than that!

Garrett
Rating
honstly i have done it befor i dont think it helps or "releves stress" please stop you could hurt your self there is something kinda rong with it your brother must be really worried about you if he will tell your mom

LJ
Rating
Yes, there is something wrong. You haven't "gone bad" so to speak, you're just dealing with something in a bad way. Perhaps you should speak to someone. Cutting yourself is only going to cause you physical and psychological harm.

Kelly Anne
Rating
um, yeah there is def something wrong with it. Why would you purposely want to hurt yourself?

heartbreaker6713
Rating
YES there is something really bad with cutting yourself. You need to seek professional counsler help for the issues you have that you feel cutting yourself relieves the pain or stress you have going on. One day you may just cut yourself too deep and have to get stitches or have surgery or not make it to the doctor or ER... plus think of the future you are gonna have all of these nasty scars all over your body... do you really want that when you are a parent or grandparent and have to explain to your kids/grandkids as to why you have these scars? trust me you'll understand later in life how serious this is, but please stop cutting yourself and go talk to someone even if it's your parents... i know you may think they won't understand or won't listen... but parents love their children and usually will do anything for them... if they won't, a school counsler will...trust me i've been there and needed to talk before.

Tara
Rating
Cutting is really bad I found these articles all about why people do it and what you can do instead of cutting. please don't do it it's very dangerous.

Of course not all cutters are into any one type of music, and not all cuters do it for the same reason. But it is growing in popularity. And as one cutter told me, "It's a disease." Parents and youth leaders need to be aware of this dangerous trend and watch for its signs.

For those dealing with victims of self-cutting, or for those dealing with the problem, it's important to understand some of the many different factors involved. While it may be a result of peer influence for some, there may be severe emotional pain that the victim is dealing with. One cutter wrote, "You cut to trade one kind of pain for another." One helpful article is the Wikipedia entry on "Self-Harm."

To the cutters, I would suggest that there are safer and wiser ways to deal with whatever motivates you to cut. Recognize that your pain and this behavior of cutting is something that really needs help - help that doesn't harm your body. Open up and talk to your parents or a doctor or counselor or someone who can listen. God did not make our bodies for this purpose, so if you feel a drive to damage yourself, something is terribly wrong, and people who care for you need to be involved to help you find the assistance you need.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/mental_health/cutting.html

patt_tiamo
bad ? yes. Please see a shrink.

darkdiva
Rating
It's a very serious mental illness.

LV-n
Yes that is very wrong u need professional help asap

ceegt
Rating
Cutting oneself is not what mentally healthy people do. The fact that you cut yourself tells me that you are in some way "hurting". I believe that cutters do so as a way to put their minds on their physical pain and off of their "emotional" pain. I am concerned for you. Your mother gets upset because it scares her and she doesn't know how to deal with it. You need help. Please ask your mother to call mental health and get you counseling. You need to be able to talk to someone openly and honestly about all the things that are bothering you. You need to know that someone is listening to you and not judging you and that you are not at risk of having them tell others the things that you have confided in them. Please get help. Hugs to you!

molly c
Rating
umm yes... thats terrible. You're mom has every right to be upset. People kill themselves by cutting themselves and it is an extremely sirious situation. If I were your mother I would send you to a psychatrist.

OMG rainbows!
April, I know. I understand and yes IT IS VERY WRONG. u can cause real problems with this. I know cuz I'm trying to stop cutting myself. Its not worth the how ever long u feel better after wards. Ur mom loves u and please try and stop. I sometimes wish someone will walk in and catch me doing it and stop me. I told my friend but she just called it stupid that's the help I got. I'm 16 and have been doing it for 3years. Its not cool. Half of these answers r wrong.
1-U R NOT EMO
2-IT'S NOT ABOUT ATTENTION
3-SOMETHING/SOMEONE IS HURTING U.
4U CAN DIE.

CANDEE
Rating
WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I USED TO CUT MYSELF TOO, AND REALLY I AM UNSURE OF WHAT MADE ME ENGAGE IN SUCH A BEHAVIOR. BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT IT IS HARMFUL TO YOU. KUDOS TO YOUR MOM FOR "MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT" GIRL! IT SHOWS THAT SHE LOVES YOU AND CARES FOR YOU AND IS HOPING THAT ONE DAY SOON YOU WILL LOVE AND CARE FOR YOURSELF JUST AS MUCH AS SHE DOES...

rev.payne
Rating
Well psychially it is obvoisly not good for wrist. They are after all not ment to be cut.

However mentally it can be even worse for you. There are 2 reasons that people cut themselves, which one is your reason I don't know.

It is ether A. Your body attemping to get endorphins. If this is the case then you need to talk to someone this type of self harm is a indicator that you are suffering a great deal of depression or stress.

Or B something you are doing because your friends are or something along these lines.

Ether way it would be very important to talk to someone. Which ever one you are doing you are avoiding your real feelings. My bet is that you are depressed I understand were you are coming from but please talk to someone.

bluesun
Rating
yes call 1800 dont cut

daalmelo
Rating
of course there is something wrong......there is not reason to inflect damage to yourself ......that means even that you don't have any respect for you
And don't blame your brother, he loves you and he does not want that anything bad happen to you

BlueGreen
Yes.
It's just not the right way to deal with emotions.

Don't get upset with your mom. She only cares about you and is looking out for you.

Samantha W
Yes. You need to go to therapy and learn a better way to cope with your issues before you really hurt yourself.

speechy
its not "bad" behavior. Its a self-destructive way of letting out negative emotions. Are you depressed as well? Cutting is usually a sign of some psychological issues. You are not a bad person for it, but you probably need some help.

jessa♥
Rating
everything's wrong with it.. unless it's your hair that you're cutting.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy