Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is depression deadly?

How is life 4 people out there?

Additional Details
for anyone and ...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis!?

Why do i wake up in the morning...?
and not feel like doing anything, i just feel like nothing is worth it, im not gonna kill myself, and this isnt a cry for attention i would just like some opinions ...

Im a rape victim, what can i do?
last year i was raped, now i find myself having commitment issues, i dunno wot to do.. does anyone have any ideas to help me get over it except for therapy
Additional Details

Please help i am becoming an alcoholic how do i stop!?
I am starting to drink anything alcoholic in the ...

I'm so scared?!?
I heard pounding somewhere out of my house. What should I do?...

When you are depressed, what do you do to feel better?
I mean sometimes I listen to music or throw things or even break things (by accident), but I want to know what helps everyone else feel better?...

Okay really embarasing.................. can't help it...
Um, I am like, mentally stable, don't worry.........but I am sooooooooo scared of people. Like, when I see people I don't know.I like hide, or totally try and ignore them. they just SCARE...

What's Bipolar Disorder?
I know it's a mental disease,but what does it ...

I was raped by my bf best friend but im scrd to tell my bf cuz he might do somin crazy?

Is marijuana as bad as everyone says it is???
i used to smoke marijuana to calm myself down, and also so i can sleep at night. Are there really all those bad side effects?...

Why is loneliness the most painful thing in life?
I have many friends and am a teacher but I feel so alone. I have bipolar and have struggled to cope. I also lost mum when I was 19 and find it difficult to trust that others will not leave me too if I...

Would u let michael jackson into ur home?

Additional Details
with ur ...

Is it bad if you smoke marijuana because you have an anxiety disorder and it helps you feel less anxious?

School makes me want die?
im a senior and school just started but i cant do it im failing because i hardly go. i tried pot and it scares me how much better school is but i dont remember what happen in school and i like that ...

Cure for depression that doesn't involve pills, god, or a dumb hobby?

Additional Details
I said no god and no pills! So all you pill poppers and god lovers please pay attention....

Can someone give me some words of encouragement please!!!?
I feel so depressed. I have no interest in anything. Nothing really significant happened to bring on this depression, but I have felt like this for about 2 months now. All I want to do is sleep, but ...

If there's no one that cares about you is it still wrong to kill yourself?
People always say that suicide is bad because other people will be sad about it, but what if there's no one that cares about you? Then is there still anything wrong with killing yourself?...

I hate myself.?
all the memories i have done good in hs gone blank.What the **** is ...

ROCKSTAR
Is smoking weed bad for you?

gnomus12
Rating
Cigarettes are worse. Of course inhaling smoke is not the best thing to do to your body...but neither is too much food, too much exercise, etc... Alcohol is porbably worse for you as people can die of alcohol poisoning. It is impossible to die of an overdose of weed (you'd have to smoke like 11 pounds in 8 hours)...but instead you can get a huge case of the munchies...and sometimes paranoia.

Confuscious
Rating
Depends on how you are using it. If you are just doing it for pleasure (and lots of it) then there are some health risks involved including respiratory problems. I just read that: "marijuana smoking may increase risk of respiratory exposure by infectious organisms, such as fungi and molds, since cannabis plants are contaminated with a range of fungal spores"---how gross! I never knew that. Marijuana has also been rumored to affect short term memory. They dont have enough scientific evidence yet to state this as a fact but I can tell you that as a user, my memory ain't all that.

Also, I went to the doctor the other day and she asked me did I smoke and I told her that I did every once and a while. She told me that while marijuana isn't physically addictive it is psychologically addicitve. Which I totally believe.

Now, if you are using this for medicinal purposes then that's completely different. In some states, the doctor will prescibe marijuana to help with certain medical conditions such as cancer and as a treatment for eye cataracts. I'm sure that when this is prescibed you are probably using a minimal amount and since I'm assuming that the marijuana is coming from some type of medical facility it should be more "pure" and contain less toxics and contaminents.

If you dont smoke now, best thing is to not start. If you do smoke, try to do it in moderation (like on the weekends, or once a month)

alexia
no, cigarettes are bad. duhh anything you inhale is bad for you.

deadhead1232000
Everything in moderation. Well, not EVERYTHING. Opiates are BAD! Crystal Meth is BAD! These things are addictive and bad for your body - stay away! Weed? Anyone who says it is healthy is wrong...but it is not extremely harmful physically (in the same way a donut is not extremely harmful physically...but if you have half a dozen every day, look out!). Alcohol is probably worse.

Most folks who are outspoken against it have another ax to grind philosophically (religion, law, conservatism, etc.). Best advice: think for yourself and try to make the right choices (and if you choose to smoke, be careful).

jerry f
can cause impotence and also some breathing difficuties and I am sure a zillion other things... better than doing hard drugs and won't kil your liver like booz will

guitar chik
Rating
Well i mean of course it's not exactly healthy, but niether are cigarettes, cigarettes are actually worse for you. If you could quit smoking cigarettes, and smoked one joint a day you would be doing better than your average cigarette smoker. The only thing bad about pot is the fact that it's illegal. It should be illegal for pot to not be legal. More people die from drunk driving accidents every year than pot...when's the last time you heard of someone hitting another car head on because he was really really high. I mean, damn, the worse damage that could be done from me if i was high would be a few minor damages to the car because usually i'm an extremely slow and safe driver when i'm high, when i'm drunk i'm careless, arrogant, and extremely dangerous on the road. And the ONLY reason that pot is illegal and alcohol is legal is because the governemt can't figure out a way to make money off of pot, because it can so easily be grown by the consumers, the governement don't give a **** about us all they're worried about is money. They kill us with lung cancer and kill the innocents with alcohol, and we still can't get high. See, they make money off of pot being illegal, because they know that people are going to continue smoking pot, and they make money off of our arrests with it... i mean damn, they could be out busting meth labs, but instead they're trying to catch good people who just wanna get high. But you know what i say f**k that....i will get high till the day i die!

Chuck C
It depends on what you mean by bad for you. All drugs alter the way your body works. Heroine and asprin both are bad for you even when they do what they are designed to do because they change the normal function of the body.

If you are asking is the drug harmful other then the "high" you get from it then there are a few things to consider. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. The carbon you inhale wether you are smoking Marajuana or hay from a farmers field can cause cancer. Other then that risk there are no conclusive studies on the harmful effects. Most reports are disputed by both sides.

In the 1940s the city of New York published a study which stated that Marajuana had no negative side effects and didn't cause harder drug use or criminal behavior. In the 1973 President Nixon ordered the Shafer Commission to research Marajuana use. This commission was appointed by President Nixon in the midst of drug-war hysteria (Nixon repeatedly described drugs as Public Enemy number one). It was directed by Raymond P. Shafer, former Republican governor of Pennsylvania, and had four sitting, elected politicians among its eleven members, and also contained leading addiction scholars among its members and staff.
While the commission supported much existing policy, it also recommended research, experimentation, and humane compromise. The commission recommended that possession of marihuana for personal use should be decriminalised, as should casual distribution of small amounts of marihuana for no or insignificant remuneration.

It is known to raise the blood preasure and to effect short term memory. If these effects are lasting is yet to be proven. All experts agree that while every drug has risks some are acceptable risks. Marajuana is generally considered as safe as alcahol.

Some of the answers have noted that it is perscribed by doctors. This is true but it is done with out federal aproval. marajuana is a schedule 1 drug which means that the federal government feels it has no medical use. You should alos keep in mind that Doctors prescribe Vicodin which is an opiate and highly addictive and deadly if too much is taken. As a final note you would be hard pressed to find a victim of Marajuana overdose.

BestGuitaristEver!
Rating
No, it makes you creative and smart, just like me! I am the most talented songwriter/musician in the world, and am also the smartest person in the world! And I smoke weed all day every day. Don't listen to these fools who say it is! SMOKE, SMOKE,SMOKE!!!!!

crispy
Smoking marijuana is actually worse for the lungs than smoking tobacco.

mania3232
Yes and no...It has been shown that long term smoking of weed does result in phychosis of prolonged duration...not enough to classify as schitzophrenia though.
On the flip side it has been demonstrated to cure brain tumours in mice

BigPappa
Well, yes. It's more like bad for you like caffiene than bad for you like alcohol though. Some would say it's worse than smoking, but nobody ever smokes enough weed to get as much bad stuff. You have to smoke 1/3 or 7 joints a day to get the same tar as a pack of cigarettes.

I don't reccomend going to work, school, or driving while high.

To "the healthcare proffessional" your answer is only good if you do not drink or smoke. If you drink I would say you are a hypocrite. Otherwise, I am fine with your answer.

Addition: Actually, the health professional's answer is the most accurate. Ideally, anything you use should pass her guidlines

TheSaint
dont smoke the ****, so i can't help ya. my gut instinct is yes, it is bad for you!

carolina n
Rating
Yes!!!!!! most of the time it is also bad for those around you, you can kill someone if you drive under influence.

limeallure
Rating
Yes, if you smoke it on a regular basis. It kills your braincells and makes you dumb as a rock over time. Every once on a while will not hurt you though. The key to anything in life is moderation.

awommack
yes

debbie_dixon19
There is no medical proof that weed is bad for you and people use it for medical treatment for pain relief with alot of injuries on backs , cancer and all other problems.

alone1with3
Anything you smoke and inhale is smoke inhalation, which is dangerous and not healthy. Smoke inhalation is a known cause of death all by itself. The added problems from smoking marijuana, especially for someone with a mental health condition, can be serious. The benefit must outweigh the risk. For example, the use of medical marijuana to reduce nausea in chemotherapy patients.

Sarrate
Rating
Yes, there is evidence that smoking cannabis can cause schizophrenia, especially if one has a predisposition to it.

Rachel Bitchface
Yes it makes you stupid and it is bad for your lungs.

TIGER_TELEGRAPH
Rating
Depression, schizophrenia, paranoia...yep it's bad for you and anyone who says otherwise is smoking it!

italia_azure
Rating
Well YEAH.

XxXxPinkPrincessxXxX
Rating
yes very bad, try and get some help Hun x

kindness
Rating
i would have to say yes and no it is in the fact that your in hailing poisonous air and no in the fact that it calm and is actually used for medicinal purposes

justaquestioner
Anything excessive is bad.

Sewnmemaw60
Yes,it can cause some memory loss among other things.

MR. Clean
Rating
Yes it is very bad for you, and it is not cool like you think it is.

Mo
Rating
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

cagal_968
Rating
Yes

Evil Shoes
Rating
Are you serious? Of course it is!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy