Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you belive in a heaven?

What's adult life like?
Is it any good? Anything worth living for?
Additional Details
I'm 16 and don't see much point in living, adult life looks pretty bad....

What makes you have a deeper sleep?
so that you not tired in the ...

Cant stop thining about death i dont mean to but i get scared...?
I have been reading alot of the internet about all these possible things about to happen, pole shift, mayan calender end, armgedon. And now i cant stop thinking about death and it scared me and i ...

I am 28 years girl and I studied English literature but It is about 6 years that I have not found Job.?
I was looking for job a lot . I am very upset and nervous for not having job . What other things I was doing to fill my free time is not working and I can not be busy . what should I have to do to ...

I'm tired, should I go to sleep?
I'll stay up waiting for a few answers in the meantime....

Being Normal for a 16 year old?
I'm a 16 year old male who is extremely shy and self concious. I'm affraid I dont or cant act comfortably or normally in public. How can I be myself without worrying what Im doing or what ...

What can make a 20 yr old male grow up and start acting mature?
I need to know cuz you would think that after having a child a man would start being mature. I was fooled. It got worse....

Why am i always so angry?
Lately various things send me into a rage. I've been having trouble with my relationship, finances, and the way my children listen to me. I think it's all came after my rage episodes, so ...

How can we get help for a cannabis addiction?
My partners 23 year old son has a cannabis addiction which is threatening to take over his life. To further complicate this he suffers from depression and the combination means he suffers from ...

I'm mentally drained and see no sign of hope. Any suggestions?

Am i alone?
i am 43 i have been hurting myself i thought it was a young persons problem but looking back i have done this on and off since i was a teenager last week i cut my wrists worse than i have ever done i ...

Does a blonde in panties turn you on ?
since I discover this thing a week ago and i can't stop going twice a day minimum..
http://etreuneblogstar.o
i think it's highly addictive ...

If you know that someone is mentally ill, but won't get help, how do you force them to do it?
I know a person that is bi polar, but won't get help. His family is wondering how to make him get help with his problems....

How to get rid of past painful thoughts?

When you become depressed, do you eat more or less?
Why?...

Why do people who are completely clueless feel they have the knowledge to give advice on such a matter?
I have read through questions on the mental health section and i am apalled. Do you people who suggest that ppl with mental health issues 'should just get over it' or are 'attention ...

Were can i get help for my depression?
I have done so many stupid things with out thinking I have lie and cheat and hurt the man that I love I don’t know why I do things like that I have many bad tough in my head I try to kill myself 3 ...

Will overdosing on Anti-Depressants kill you?
I AM JUST WONDERING; I do NOT want to kill myself. I have heard over and over again that overdosing on Anti-Depressants can easily kill you, and I was wondering if thats true or not.

I have depression, visual hallucinations, anxiety, and OCD what is a good medication for that?
I just started taking Zyprexa but i don't like what the side effects are and I am going to stop taking it. I just started it on Monday so its only been 2 days. The side effects are rapid ...

Joe King
Is shoplifting a mental illness?
Can you take something for it?

D
I do believe that in older people it is some sort of imbalance.
Many who lifts goods without paying have plenty in their wallet or purse to pay for the goods. It is probably a condition that hasn't been recognised yet by the medical profession.

anhop0002
Rating
Why take something for it?

Your body doesn't need drugs. You need accountability, a desire to stop, and to stay out of situations that make it easy for you to engage in the activity.

I've been there, done that. If you want to quit. You can. No drugs necessary.

Pretty (Rudegirl)
Rating
Kleptomania. And what that other guy said is wrong. My aunt has it and it means you steal but without knowing. For example she will take something and not even remember taking it because she thinks taking it is normal. You cannot take anything for it all you can do is get counseling for it.

WarDruid
Yes, but if you get caught they will stick you in the dock......

mark
Rating
Being unable to control yourself might be a form of mental illness. Using it as en excuse for your shopping is just sneaky!

CLIVE H
Rating
In some cases shop lifting does form part of a mental illness. However, storekeepers and shop owners do not see it like this. As far as they're concerned a shop lifter is a thief. This is when they call the fuzz. And, the fuzz as we all know are not trained to deal with people who have mental disorders. Their method of dealing with any situation is the handcuffs, the night-stick etc.

Angel.A
yes and no if proven.. you can go to a doctor. or end up in the nick

mindtrap
If you can't control it, then it is. It's called kleptomania. It means wanting to steal all the time even though you know its wrong.

Taf
Rating
To the extent you are doing it for the stimulation.

Can you take something for it? A large holdall?

It's a behaviour with benefits. Decide if you want to do it or not. It is not like hearing voices - you have a choice.

Mr-K-
Rating
no.

i dont know who i am?
Kleptomania check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptomania

xashleyleyx
Rating
if its impulsive and you or someone is having difficulty handling it then yea. it would be considered as a .kleptomaniac

angrypenguin
Rating
Hahahaha!!! This reminds me of someone claiming that infidelity was genetic... they even spent millions doing research. Haven't heard something so ridiculous in a long time. Yes, you can take something for it. It's called "getting a job". Then you can buy and not steal

Linzi LEW
no its plain stupidity.you could get caught and locked up that will stop you.

Grace
Rating
It can be, usually if its a compulsion or something you can't control. Othewise it's just stealing and dishonesty.

slowpoke_115
Rating
No and no, its not even an addiction (addictions aren't an illness either). Your just a greedy thief, the end.

sexybabe
No, its just Greed.

Orla C
Kleptomania is a mental illness, and it doesn't have to be limited to shops, just taking someone else's property.

Caoimhin
Rating
There is a difference between Kleptomania and Shoplifting.

Kleptomania is disdinguised from shoplifting or ordinary theft, as shoplifters generally steal for monetary gain while people with Kleptomania do not necessarily think about the value of the items they steal or even the theft until they are compelled. Of all reported shoplifting only 1% are actually kleptomaniacs.

Some medications that are used for people diagnosed with the condition are selective serotin reuptake inhibitors, mood stabilisers. In the US some sufferes are treated with Prozc and Seroxat.

Psychological counselling and behaviour modification therapy to get to the underlying causes are more likely to effect a long term cure.

The US recognised kleptomania as a mental disorder in the 60's but in neither the USA or the UK do judicial courts generally accept the condition as a defence.

anon
Why do we keep constantly making excuses for people who break the rules society has put in place for the benefit of us all.

Mental illness my backside, shoplifting it's a conscious decision to steal things.

Yes you can take something for it. Six months in jail cures this "illness."

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy