Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Whats your favourite NON-ELECTRICAL possession??
and why?

Serious advice on depression please?
I am severly depressed,i feel so selfish as i feel the best way out is the easy way out but i have everything to live for i am not aggresive in anyway or form i do not lash out i just get really down ...

What are you scared of?
so...what r u afraid of??????...

Okay you guys might think I'm Little weird but Ive been having thoughts of suicide can you help me?
i have been having these suicidal thoughts since my mother and father had gottten a devorce and now that i am older i am (for some reason) taking it a whole lot harder but thats not the only reason......

Does depression lead to anger?

What really bothers you that people do?

Is cutting yourself a good or bad way to deal with your pain? why or why not?
There has ben so many things accuring in my life.....and i have no clue what to do in order to deal with ...

Why am I so empty?
For the past 6 months I have felt really empty. I have no feelings for anyone, not even friends or family. I don't know what's wrong with me...can anybody help?...

I have a horrible memory!?
Ahh!!! I'm only 14! Please, what helps?...

Do you think someone that commits suicide is a horrible person, no matter what?
Even if they cannot stand being miserable and crazy in this world? If they can't take it anymore, that doesn't mean they're weak, they just can't handle what they are feeling and ...

How do i get rid of hiccups?

I want 2 help my sister, what do i do?
my little sister has this problem she is having trouble talking right like getting it out to say it, and im really worried about it? shes always had this problem, what do i do 2 help her? how can she ...

Does anyone ever get the feeling they are been watched or are not alone?
I feel it really strong lately and i think i know what it is - a mad hatter and i heard him speaking saying ' are you mad? im a mad hatter!' I am not going mad.
I feel him when i walk ...

Please answer. I told my mom about my depression and?
Well, she won't take me to a doctor because he'll prescribe pills, and she says that the pills increase suicidal thoughts in children under the age of 18 and cause other problems as well. W...

Is it weird to constatly think about my future?
i think it's a little weird but i'm constantly thinking about my future, i mean i am getting married in 2 years, going to college in a year, and having kids after everthing is going good ...

You lost your best friend, your job...your dog just died...Is there an up side?

Possible depression: what's the best way to ask for help?
I've been unhappy with my life for many years, and suspect I may be depressed. For a very long time I have always kept things to myself, but recently met someone who I have been able to open up ...

I dont know how to........,?
tell my mom i have OCD.
i have all the symtoms. im 14.
here are some just to name a few: repeative check to see if doors are locked, stashing, counting, LIST MAKING,clawing skin, depression,...

Do Bipoar symthoms include a behavior such as this?
I do spontaneous things like make a decision to bring a cat home after my spouse say's no. pick up a color of paint randomly when me and spouse 30 minutes prior had chosen another shade of ...

How can I lift my mood when I am so depressed and sad?
I have PTSD cause by a sudden & traumatic bereavement. I saw a psychiatrist earlier this week who told me I also have chronic grief and depression for which he has given me medication.

tich302001
Is it true that without sleep you will go insane?
How can man go without sleep before he goes insane?
Additional Details
I just heard on several tv shows that if you don't sleep you will go insane I just wondered if that was true. If the answers its not your body will just make you sleep before that happens

mutt
I thought most men act insane anyway, so that's one of the reason's

amcfan84
yes, or at least take a toll on your mental health, but the body will force sleep on you after a while, you can't just go without sleep for as long as you like

need2know
i'm hoping someone else,has a more scientific way to explain this.But I know when I haven't gotten enough sleep I get cranky and if i come close to falling asleep at a light.My body is naturally needing what it needs-rest.So,I can imagine if for a long long time you go without sleep .I'd think you would go insane.' Cause,i'm alittle "wacked" anyways,i'm just trying to keep from going to Level 3 ,as loonnnngg as possible.Bye!

White lighting
Rating
Yeah, it probably is true (yawn) but I'm not gonna test that theory...zzzzzzzz

Sasha C
well i don't think you will go insane maybe a bit crazy but not insane!!...

Francis C
Rating
Tony Wright of Cornwall (somewhere in Britain I think) that didn't go to sleep for 11 days straight beating the former record in the 1960s by 2 hrs. He uploaded his blog everyday and by the 5th day he began having hallucinations. Here's an excerpt from his blog on the 5th day:

"You also become aware of a loud ringing in your ears. This is the sound of the non-stop sleeper from Penzance coming to take you away. The results were remarkably similar despite resorting to a keyboard and screen. The flat screen starts turning into a multi-dimensional portal to another world and the text into a welcoming entourage of giggling dancing pixies and elves ... Remarkably, one's nose heads in a similar direction, and without a last-second reprieve would have come firmly to rest on the Z key."

mianjo413
Rating
I don't know, so far I have been up for 24hours straight and counting, so when I am no longer on here, I might have been committed

Nunny J
Rating
to me, i'll go to bed first ...LOL

Obscure
Rating
i heard that without a certain amount of days without sleeping, you can die of brain exhaustion. You need sleep for sure. There are pills for insomnia too.

spir_i_tual
It only takes one day or so,.. Hell, mankind is all ready nuts! who needs sleep dammit!

sebastian
Rating
According to a 2000 study published in the British scientific journal, researchers in Australia and New Zealand reported that sleep deprivation can have some of the same hazardous effects as being drunk

Koraisfat
You need sleep or your brain becomes jello... lime green jello.

Kestryl
The body uses deep sleep as its time to repair itself, replace missing nutrients to our cellular structure and more. It is the time when our brain chemistry also resets itself to "relaxed normal"--for us. That state is individual, depending on what you eat, drink and otherwise imbibe in, any genetic problems or issues you may have and a variety of other things that play into the body's overall balance. But one of the first things that goes down hill if you get no sleep is your brain chemistry. Exhaustion can exacerbate depression, anxiety, and stress related illness. It can cause accidents in cars, on bikes or skateboards or even in the halls at school. Lack of sleep shortens the temper, the attention span and the ability to focus on assignments at work or in school. Thus yes, if you lose too much sleep you can literally drive yourself insane... or worse. Hope this helps!

john s
I dont know about going insane, but without sleep, you body will eventually shut down and you will pass out and sleep, because your body cannot function without sleep.

<(^.^)&gt; Huggle
Your body will shut down agter too long. It depends on your body, how long you can go without sleep.

Davy Jones Santa
Rating
Well I have not sleeped for three days AND THAT STarTED TO Make ME FEEL LIKE i am GOINg NuTS OR WAS IT WHAT KEPT ME UP FOR THREE DAYS woo The LEtters Go BIG and small

eil ashti
Rating
a good sleep means a good health.... if you lack sleep, you lack an energey for the day...

margobsharp
Rating
Sleep is important and vital for the body. When you don't sleep you are prone to infection because your immune system fails. Your body heals when you're sleeping and it rebuilds it self. Lack of sleep means lack of oxygen to the brain. When there is a lack of oxygen around the brain it will cause hallucination and irrational thinking not necessarily insanity. You will fall asleep or pass out before going crazy.

MissKathleen
Rating
Man would die without sleep after he goes insane.

Mandy
YES!
I had insomnia caused by a medication for 3 months, during the short time on it and after I stopped taking it.
It was like being in a nightmare I couldn't get out of. I only slept 1-2 hours a night (sometimes not at all), and all day I was miserable. I felt so exhausted, but my body just wouldn't allow me to sleep!

Eventually, I was so sleep-deprived I slipped into psychosis and nearly killed myself. Scary thing is, I don't remember any of it. I was put in a psych ward for a week! It was the worst 3 months of my life.

mickkooz
Rating
Wow! now I know what's wrong with me.

Mark B
Rating
not shore how insane it will make you but yes it would make you a bit nuts not sleeping and it also would make your blood perisher go up up up and a few other things too

bradxschuman
Rating
Delerious, anyway.

scotslad60
tee hee hee nyuck nyuck,

No! Havent slept for a year now hee hee and Im fine. * giggle * giggle

;p lol

rich2481
I tried to do this to see if would actually work, I fell asleep

mike b
Rating
well I would say 3-4 days that'll make him go insane. The 2-3 day mark will usually cause vivid hallucinations and such. Memory loss is also one effects from sleep loss.

lilydarkart
Rating
None of these posts properly answer this question, I'm sad to say.

It's not lack of sleep that will make you go insane, that will have a physically effect on the body. Some need very little sleep and do just fine.

However, lack of dreams is what affects the mind. Without dreaming, that's what can cause insanity. Dreams keep us sane, even if we don't remember them.

So, No sleep = no dreams = mental problems.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy