Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone on hear have a small bit of OCD?
Just wondering if you have any compulsions that you have to do kind of like OCD type things that are not serious but you need to do them? with me its making sure that when I look at the clock the ...

Suicide by sitting in running car in garage...?
I have a close friend who is severly depressed & I fear she might try to commit suicide. She always talked about the "painless" (any way will cause pain to those left behind) way of ...

I suffer with panic attacks: Is it possible to faint from them?
I ask this because as a symptom, lightheadedness is a huge problem and one of my main fears is fainting and don't want to faint at all from this. Anyone else who has PA's, can you advise me ...

How can I lose my voice?Fast!?
I have a presentation that I have to present to my class of 30 students! The thing is I'm way to nervous! So i need to lose my voice so I could go in there and tell my teacher that I did in fact ...

Whats wrong with this?
I have a boring but well-paying job, two beautiful kids, a great apartment, my own car, the best roommate ever, and a boyfriend who i love more than words could explain even tho he is difficult to ...

Depressed with life?
I'm 18 years old, male and yeah, been pretty depressed for a while now, after high school I lost touch with alot of people I knew and people in college just act awkward around me lol just blank ...

I cant control myself!?
lately i have been getting so mad. mostly at my boyfreind and sometimes at my sister. my boyfriend gets me so mad i feel like beating him up. i feel like i have to take my anger out somehow but i ...

What's the best cure for insomnia?

Does this ever happen to you while dosing off to sleep?
All the sudden (from out of nowhere), you get a sudden flash felling like your falling and you wake with a sudden gasp and jolt?...

Iv been depressed for years ! help?
iv been depressed for wat seems like eva!! it gets worse when im alone i feel really down and empty i have no energy and i sleep for 12 hours or more. is anyone else like this and wat can i do about ...

How are you feeling 2day?
am not so great!...

What's the best way to hide a cut?
Okay, I usually don't cut much, but last night, I did a little too much. I've got an area about 1 inch X 1 inch on the outside of my left wrist that's really um, red, but I don't ...

Evil aura or what?
Im 25 and realised that I not a likable person. All my life I have felt different to normal people. I am quite but talk when I am talked to. People around me seem uncomfortable and give me looks like ...

When & where do you feel most at peace?

How to calm yourself from your anger?
Well, ive tried many methods. For me, meditating is really good but it is way too time consuming. I've tried taking some things to get my anger and rage out like joining a Hapkido and Aikido ...

Can you be truely driven to mental illness by someone who has been seriously leading you on?
what kind of mental illness is this?

I have been obsessing over this person who has been leading me on for 9 months and now i feel absolutely crazy!!

not really depressed but ...

How is adult life like??
is it better than being a teen?

question asked by naive15 year old ...

The suicide questions?
I am disturbed about the responses I've read today and in the past. Especially when it comes to someone reaching out for help about suicide. That is not a joking matter and should not be taken ...

I'm 13 and I need some help accepting who I am. Any advice?
I don't like my life. I wish my life was COMPLETELY different. I don't like my family (even though everyone says they're awesome) and I think I'm ugly (even though everyone says I&...

How can i stop feeling guilty when i take some time out for myself?
i am a carer for my mum and my son, i also have another 4 children that need my time and attention, they are not small now but still need me. i feel really bad if i tell my sick son he cant come with ...

tamari241
Is it really a sign of mental health to talk to yourself out loud? Everyone does it...right???
Sometimes I think out loud. Depending on what I'm doing, I may ask myself questons and give myself the answer I believe is right. Or sometimes I can not come up with the answer so I have to toell myself no, that's night right. Like I'm having a debate with myself!!! I believe everyone does it, but just not out loud. It just feel sbetter when I actually hear my voice. Kind of like reading a book to yourself out loud rather than in your mind. Is that an illness? It seems normal to me. It's not like I'm having an intellectual conversation with another, I'm just thinking out loud. People tell me it's not the thinking out loud that's bad, it's the fact that I'm answering myself out loud. I don't think that's such a bad thing. I don't think I'm crazy, I don't have an iinvisable friend...I just voice my thoughts. What do you think? Is something wrong with me because I do this?

Incognita
I think you are normal. You may just have a very lonely job or existence where people just don't talk to you and so you start talking to yourself. Perfectly acceptable. I was wondering if anyone saw writing on the walls when they first wake-up in the morning?

X
Rating
IT'S NOT CRAZY UNLESS IT BOTHERS YOU! I TALK TO MYSELF AND TO PEOPLE I KNOW ALL THE TIME BUT I DON'T SEE THEM OR EXPECT AN ANSWER. AND I DON'T THINK I'M CRAZY. IT'S JUST MY WAY OF FIGURING OUT PROBLEMS OR EVEN KEEPING MYSELF COMPANY...HA! I ADMIT I DO IT WHEN FRIENDS AND I JOKE ABOUT BEING OLD AND SENILE BUT I WOULDN'T WANT ANYONE TO COME IN AND CATCH ME DOING IT! I ALSO HAVE A DEAR FRIEND WHO SAYS HE DOES IT TOO. YOU'RE NOT ALONE SO UNLESS IT BOTHERS YOU OR YOU FEEL CRAZY DON'T GO SCREAMING TO THE CRAZY DOCTOR TOO FAST. BEING CRAZY IS A MATTER OF PERCEPTION AND NOT FOR ANYONE BUT YOU TO DECIDE EVEN IF YOU ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTIONS.

First Lady
I don't think anything's wrong with it. It's like they say though...it's okay as long as you don't answer yourself.

sweettoni37
Rating
I was always told it's OK to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer yourself back. But as long as you don't hear voices telling you to do bad things I would not worry. Take care just means you need someone to talk to, Many people who live alone tend to do this, Now that I'M married I seldom do this, And one day I was talking to self and Hubie over heard me He was laughing at me and ask why are you talking to yourself/ So you see the Habit was broken I was embarrass.

arvecar
Rating
It annoys people that's why it was once considered not normal. I decided as long as I don't argue with myself and loose, I'm OK.

♪Grillon♫
I've started talking to myself sometimes...maybe for me its just because school is out and I'm bored. But one of my teachers from a while ago said that smart people have a tendency to mumble to themselves...dunno if thats good or bad. :-)

beachdiva954
Rating
No perfectly normal to think out loud, I do it quite often, usually when nobody is in ear shot, just so they don't assume what your asking about me lol. I often swear some of the best conversations I have are with myself (only joking)

Brown Eyed Susan
Rating
i do approximately THE SAME THING. I'm bi-polar disorder (manic-depressive); but once my Mom heard me THINKING OUT LOUD & she mentioned it to my psychiastrist. he said; it was normal to talk to yourself OR/ THINK OUT loud whenever you live by u r self. Guess my son thinks i'm crazy. I often THINK out loud. Sometimes when i go back to my car - after going inside a store, i'll look around to see if someone possibly heard me THINKING OUT LOUD; L O L; SOMETIMES there will be a person sitting in a car & I feel they may have heard me; i feel wierd & hurry up & leave the scene! l o l! sometimes, I can't remember if I was thinking something out loud (talking) or if I was thinking silently; that's when it's weird--upon leaving a store & such! best wishes; possibly WE aren't krazy; l o l! The other day at a hospital emergency room; my neighbor said: "she must have been talking to her-self, as I saw No one else near her --ABOUT a person walking down the hall. I UNDERSTAND and did not think she was crazy--if she was thinking/talking out Loud. SOMETIMES I can think better doing IT and sometimes I wish to read out loud -instead of silently. & SOMETIMES in groc. store I read the prices OUT LOUD; and think persons think i krazy, l o l! Who cares if they think i crazy or not. (I'm on 2.5. mg. of Zyprexa and don't care as much WHAT PERSONS think---any more----like I used to worry about TOO MUCH!!! --- (oH WHEN MY MOM ASKED THAT PSYCHIATRIST that question i mentioned above-- he said: as long as I did not ANSWER MYSELF, BUT sometimes I even answer myself, yet I know I'm not talking or seeing someone in room, etc, WHO is not there.

LilSo1287
Rating
I dont think it's a wrong thing but when it comes to a point where you're laughing at your self hysterically, talking to yourself out loud, cursing at yourself, then it might be signs of ADHD an older lady in my college class is like that and she has ADHD.

hyppimoonchild
I carry on converstations with myself. Sometimes I talk to people who aren't there if they've done something wrong. I talk to inanimate objects, or people on the TV or radio. It makes me feel better to voice my opinion. However, I am bipolar. But I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

same as above
In my opinion, and I'm not a doctor, you are perfectly normal by talking to yourself, answering yourself or whatever. Wait a minute, I have to ask myself a question, never mind, sorry to interrupt myself. Just joking! You're normal as all the other nutcases out there! Take care!!!

carelesswhisper1015
Rating
No, I live alone and I talk to myself sometimes as you do. It's a way of discussing things out and coming to a conclusion. As if someone was with you to decide. It helps me to accept my loss 17 months ago and people can think what they want. I really don't care. I know I'm not crazy, I'm just lonely. There's quite a difference.....

ong jon
yeah sure, i do it all the time... it's a little embarrassing when i get caught yelling at myself.... i think i do it more than most , but i think everyone does it to some degree...though, i think we are all nuts !

Dolores G. Llamas
Rating
It's okay, even if you <do> answer yourself. You're thinking out loud, and answering is a part of that process.

Btw, "crazy" people have no idea they're crazy. I don't like that word, it implies something bad. "Crazy" means mentally ill. For those seriously mentally ill, they're not aware of it. The fact that you question whether or not you are sane for doing this clearly indicates you are of sound mind. Unlike someone who is mentall ill, you are aware of what that actually is.

Countessa
Rating
Hey where that straight jacket then? lol

big fan
I think if you do quick replies such .."f....." or shoot or what the heck ...you will be in good company . If you are having a response that are long winded...then I think you should make sure there is somebody to listen to you....it would be sad to put so much energy out and have nobody there to respond! I certainly have had many conversations in my mind..not out loud...and for some reason that makes more sense..strange...

sthomas27
It is completely NORMAL to talk to yourself.

It's when you have big conversations with yourself that makes it abnormal.

Proud Muslim
Have you always done this, or did it just start happening fairly recently? I have heard that some medications can cause this. I went to school with someone that did this, and he seemed very normal, and was an excellent student and very bright. The one thing that you likely only be concerned with is the perception of co-workers who might wonder what's wrong. Otherwise, the simple fact that you are aware enough to ask tells me, in my humble opinion, that you are likely fairly normal. It is those who don't realize that they are doing it who I would be concerned for.

alone1with3
Rating
Beware! None of the things that Lilso1287 is reporting as signs of ADHD are! That is why mental health and the health sections of this site can be so harmful.Giving out wrong medical information should be a crime! What you are doing is absolutely normal, and you have no reason to be concerned.

hollenback_girl
I do it all the time! Sometimes I direct my monologue to the cat...like she would really answer! She does 'meow' back at times, however. Don't worry about it! Just don't do it in public too often..heehee. Sometimes I am in the grocery store and I forget and I'm like, "Oh, I need this" out loud...and well, is that considered talking to myself? Who knows...but I do it all the time.
I don't expect any answers and it is like thinking out loud. Ever watch the show "Scrubs"? JD has a running monologue in his head all the time, and what is the difference if it is out loud? If a writer put that on TV, then he knows that people do that, and others will relate to that. Don't you think?

Strange question...
I argue with myself frequently. I only get worried when neither of me wins.

Holly Golightly
I talk to myself all the time. I also talk to people that I know aren't there. It's like someone above me said, for some people it's a way to work things out. Thinking out loud, if you will. No big whoop.

mel
don't talk out loud too loud

?
Rating
As long as you don't get in arguments with yourself or ask yourself to repeat what you just said, you should be okay. I talk to myself all the time - it helps to set thoughts clearly in your mind as if you're writing them down on paper, making them more concrete, instead of there being just a vague cloud of unorganized images and stray thoughts floating around in your head..

Kisa
Rating
If you talk to your self out loud you're normal. I do it. My uncle says it's okay to talk to your self out loud as long as you don't answer. I know it's confusing.

pinkBDana
it's ok to think out loud and ask yourself out loud but i think if i were u, i'd stop answering my own question. dont wanna show others to know that ur half weird. lol

swtkisses1818
It's normal to think out loud sometimes but dont wake up in the morning say good morning to yourself thats probably not okay

melindarix@sbcglobal.net
You are not crazy everyone does it, we hear our selfs in our head and sometimes it comes out loud. I heard that you are not crazy for talking to you self unless you argue with you self and loose. then it is a little sad. I talk to my amimals all the time and my house plants, it has been proven that it actually helps them grow. as far as you answering your self it sounds like it is your way to sort and figure things outloud. Sometimes it helps to figure out a problem if you say it out loud and it can contect to you brain better. Hope I helped

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy