Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My friend is bulimic, cuts herself, and attempted suicide but she won't let me help her?
whenever i try to help, she says that i do not understand and she talks to another friend about it. i do not get WHY she doesn't want to talk to me... it makes me so mad that i try to help her ...

Why can't I be happy?
I am always so upset by things. Things people say, things people do. I don't want to feel this way. I just do. Please don't say I need meds. I don't want meds. Have been in ...

Am i depressed or just selfish?
Im nearly 23 and at the moment I feel nothing is going right for me even though my problems are minor compared to other peoples. I’ve had three jobs this year and I’ve been treated badly in all ...

Not to be morbid but did u ever try to comit suicide?

A cure for low self esteem?
I feel so ugly every time I look in the mirror. It's rare that I find myself pretty or attractive. My friends tell me I'm beautiful, but I can never believe them because all I see is my ...

How many of you suffer from either anxiety, depression or panic attacks?

Am I Normal?
I don't have much friends and hate socialize, lack and poor communications....Plezze help...;-<...

My daughter hardly eats. Any help how to tackle this?
My daughter 12 years has been eating less and less for the last 6 months. She is now well underweight. We have tried reasoning, shouting, taking her to the doctors but to no avail. I think the lack ...

I was wondering?
i was wondering (and please dont say no, your strange or your stupid) but ever since i was little iv had a fear of sleeping at night so i sleep during the day or i stay up for days any 1 else have ...

Self Harming?
i cut myself, not bad, just bad enough to leave a nasty scar, and i cant take lieing to everyone who asks me where they come from, is their any way for me to get help with this...i also think i have ...

Please help me.I feel that nobody loves me and my friends whom I loved the most they all decieved me.Iwant 2?
make new friends but I don't know how to make friends.And for this my grades are falling down.If anyone want to be my friend please leave u'r contact no or email ...

Do i have anxiety?? please help, please please please i really need help?
I think i have anxiety. I am always scared that something bad will happen to my mom dad or brother. I am scared that my mom will always get into a car accident or my brotehr will get kidnapped. ...

Is it normal for a 15 year old boy to have 20 pairs of shoes.?

I can't take this anymore.?
Me and my ex girlfriend broke up about a month ago and she has a new boyfriend. When she told me this I didn't care. I saw them together a week ago and since then I have been feeling worse and ...

Is bipolar depression different from normal depression?
I'm bipolar and instead of feeling sad I feel nothing. I have no emotions apart from negative ones like guilt, fear, etc. But the worse is I have no empathy. Because I have no emotions when ...

This afternoon's dragging, can anyone suggest a mind altering substance I can make from office supplies

Additional Details
You people are a terrible influence - it's ace!...

I'm 50 yeras old and still having many wet dreams!! need help?
please dont say stop sleeping or things like ...

Why do I always think that all the worst thing in life will happen to me?
I always think that my mum is going to die and that my dad will get married again. My brother will be killed in accident. And that i'll be left alone. Thinking about all these make me feel sad ...

I need to stop cutting, please help me?
I started cutting myself freshman year with manicure sisscors. This was at the same time I was diagnosed Bipolar and anorexic and I was eventually sent to a hospital for teh eating disorder. I would ...

What's wrong with me???????? Help please?
if i died 2day, i wudnt have any goood 2 say about my life, i kno its clique , but iits tru .i can't remember the last time i was happy. I have hit all time low. I've jus started uni and im ...

Ralph Lofranco
Is it possible to die holding your breathe?
does anyone already died with this kind of suicide attempt?

Flip
I'm not sure but I think it's possible.

The TV sometimes report that some kids are playing to this game and it's very dangerous.

Maybe it can be possible that when you pass out, there were a kind of muscle action that makes that you couldn't breathe anymore even while being inconscious.

Augustine M
no, because the human body wouldnnt allow to kill itself.

songbird
I don't think so. You can only hold your breath so long before you pass out. Once you pass out you start breathing again.

to tell ya the truth...........
Rating
No Ralph you can't.
You can tell someone close to you that you are asking strangers how to kill yourself... I mean what harm can that be?
This isn't the first time I have noticed your questions always center on this. You have progresses into the fantasy part and I think you better do something about it.
The one thing you haven't told any of us is,
why????????? If you think we wouldnt care you are wrong!!! we all would....Tell us why.

Your Impossible To Find
Try it

pooterilgatto
Rating
What a morbid subject. There may be a problem with depression , then do see a Physician. Nothing is that bad that one should have thoughts of suicide, see Physician ASAP

Occupational_Therapist
no , u can't , because there is an automatic reflex will come from the central nervous system will involuntry relaxing ur contracted muscles ;)

ottoman
NO silly,,not a normal person..but
only if a person having the weaknesses or diseases of old age.. especially a loss of mental faculties.. his memory as in senile dementia .. then yes it can happen in there sleep they can forget to inhale and die..lol

jaypea40
Interesting question, hang on a sec I'm trying it right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Simon Patterson
The best answer is for anyone who wants to do this to go and see their doctor who can offer them counselling, just to talk things through.

Sometimes we go through some really tough times and think things will never improve. But, in time, things will improve.

Tracie
i would think you would pass out, so no.

anney
Rating
No, you could pass out by holding by your breath i think , but Not die!!!

S H
It's impossible. The body has a natural defense mechanism to intake air when it requires.

AarCee
No. 2 reasons, our defense mechanism will make us fight ourselves to breathe again. Second- we can loose conciousness and that will make us breathe again. But then why would someone want to kill him/herself.
On a lighter note. Try it. If you succeed, let us know.

timmytoes
Rating
Simply holding ones' breath?
Impossible.
The lack of oxygen would eventually cause you to pass out, at which point you would no longer know to hold you breath & you would begin breathing again.

addisonjohnjen
The lack of oxygen to your brain will cause you to faint. If there is nothing physical restricting your breathing then you will start to breath automatically as soon as you are unconscious.

You can only die from lack of oxygen by suffocation, or when there is a physical force being applied to your nose and mouth cutting off your access to oxygen, or by drowning.

kazmar1274
no its not possible. once you pass out from not breathing your body automatically takes over.......ie.....toddlers tantrums where they deliberately hold their breath.

Me
no, you will go unconscious and then your bodies involuntary motor functions will cause you to breathe again.

david UK
Rating
no,if you could hold your breath long enough,you would go unconscious,,but then come round again

PuntaCorvo 66
No, it is not because you will pass out and your body will start breathing once you have.

Zenawoo
No, you may pass out, but then the brain will take over and begin breathing again. You have two systems in your body. One you are aware of and have control over, the other works without your permission so to speak. Think about when you are sleeping, how is it that everything keeps functioning just fine without your conscious monitoring???

flower
No, because you would pass out first and breathe unconsciously. It's not possible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy