Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and ...

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

Am i a freak, or does anyone else do this? Why do i do this?
i often find that, when i'm on the verge of being very low, i will 'feed' my depression, for example by searching for questions on here to do with self harm or suicide, so that i then ...

Why do people commit suicide .Are they not afraid of death?
What can be the reasons that they are not even afraid to finish their life ....

Happy easter everyone!?
for all those in here who will be finding today a very difficult day, i wish you smiles, happiness, hugs and chocolate eggs. :)
(((((hugs)))))
a hope you all have a great day!...

Overdose?? Dangerous ??
I'm 14, 100 pounds, I had a horrible headace, I was stupid and I took 4 pills of 500 mg extra strength tylenol...2000 mg in all.
I've also been on Zoloft (antidepressant) for about a ...

Is it wrong to think of death? A LOT?

A question about depression?
I think I might be depressed. I'm only a teen, and am afraid my amatuer self diagnosis won't be taken seriously, so i need to know your views. Last year, one of my friends (who wants to be ...

Why is everyone so against suicide?
If someone is so miserable and in so much pain. why do we want them to live in such a condition. if we humans are so compassoate. wht don't we help them be free. Especially christians always ...

How can I go to sleep easily?
I quit smoking weed for more than 6 six months ago, but I still have sleepless nights sometimes because I am sober....

Do you think self injury is a disorder?

What will you do,if you know that this is the last day you live?

What is the point of being alive ?
Work. Pay bills. Sleep. Avoid fake people.
Talk to one's dog.
Additional Details
Yep: I forgot ...

parkfieldnr16
Is it normal to have suicidal thoughts everyday?
I go through bouts of feeling happy and sad but even when i'm happy i still think about them.

yorkie
Rating
Dependes on your age, I know that young children and young adults think these things its natural. But if u r old enough to know better, then go seek medical advice.

LOW
Rating
Your sadness and happiness is real life, you are alive and living!

Sadly, we are taught that happiness and no tears is the way we should live and experience life. That is false. Our tears and smiles, in life, are equally balanced, as though the two opposite were on a rod. Half of the rod to the end belongs to our tears, the other half belong to our smiles.

Do not think foolishly, that by breaking of the half for tears, that the remainder will be smiles, you will still have two ends with less capacity for either tears or smiles.

You buy each smile with a tear, and a tear with each smile. You cannot know one unless you know the other!

If you are alive, life will cause you to experience both, and in so doing, you become profoundly beautiful to everyone.

In death you have only worms for company.

nycangel
Rating
no. talk to somebody you trust about it. it might not seem much, but talking really helps. just talking about something to someone will make you feel a little better.

redcloud_1998
Rating
NO!

rhieanon.miles@btinternet.com
Define normal?If you are suffering from an illness such as depression then yes it is normal to feel this way if you are not getting help.Speak to your Doctor,I did when I felt like that and she made me see that I'm not a fruit loop,I haven't lost the plot,my coping mechanisms where just malfunctioning abit.With medication and other help things now seem a whole lot better than they did back then.

OnlyPBforJB
I think you should share this with your doctor so that you can find out ways of managing them. In particular you need to plan who you will approach for help if ever you find that you are becoming increasingly tempted to act upon them. Some people do manage their lives with recurring suicidal thoughts, but learn to use the support that's available. For some people it is associated with a spell of mental illness that can be managed and will one day go away. Try and remain aware of the things you do over the day that do give you pleasure and satisfaction. If you seek support you will develop other strategies for maintaining your safety. Professional help may also aid you in moving on from this.

munchie
well it is and isn't i would see your Dr Hun

doc
Rating
i dont think it is normal

caffrey_kevin
Yep, if you had to live my life

B
Not normal

stuart_pierson
go to you doctor immediatley and explain the syptoms.its the right thing to do,but what it is i think is your mind is stuck!
you should find someone in a bad situation and thank yourself for what you have got,i mean you have two legs dont you?

layla
no

nocturnal
No, that's not normal. I think you already know that, though. How old are you? If you are a minor, talk to your parents (I know it's not easy) about seeing a counselor. If you are an adult, do that for yourself.

Rachel
No, it's not normal, but a surprisingly large number of people do feel that way, and the "normal" people find it alarming to think that anyone should.

If it's a long term thing, lasting many years, then it's a low-level depression that many people live with. Some get medical help and feel better for it, or even depend on it, others just accept it as a part of life. For them, knowing there's always a way out is a consolation that helps them stay the course and see problems through.

If it's something recent or something that's getting more persistent over the past month or so, then you won't be equipped to deal with it and it's best to get proper medical advice.

Friends are not the best people to ask. Your choice of friends may be part of the problem.

bearpoler
Rating
It is if you are suicidal. Get help now.

jojo78
no its not normal, i never do, maybe your just over sensitive

CAKEMAN
you should see a doctor asap it sounds like you are suffering from depression , have not long ago had said problem, ok now please get help, could be a chemical imbalance . good luck...

ferret fan
Rating
NO!
please, please, please!! Talk to someone FAST!! Talk to your family, teacher, minister, ANYBODY. Most of all...See a Dr.

Lady-bug
Rating
You need to go see a doctor ASAP, you really need help. For you to even ask this question tells me that you are not normal, so get going and get help.

bullatpool
is for me but there is no normal

dick19532003
nope i think you should see your gp

sunshinehill100
Rating
Of course not! See doctor.

jihadnooreen
Rating
suicidal thoughts or attempt always classifies the person as mentally ill or psyclogically depressed due to one reason or another.you should consult a physcian as soon as possible

Erin S
Rating
Normal or not, you need to seek professional assistance.

?
Rating
Normal is defined as whatever a person is accustomed to. Are those thoughts/feelings healthy? Probably not. Do most people have them? Probably sometimes though many would never admit to it. Is there help? That depends on you. Hospitals, doctors, counselors can only pry into your mind with what you tell them or offer pharmaceuticals to adjust the chemical balance in your brain. That's about all they can do. There is actually nothing they can do to help except maybe talk with you and help you cope or get through it. One note: No money or health care plan means no medical care anywhere. Also, be careful who you tell that to. They may do nothing more than lock you up for a while for observation. You then become nothing short of a lab rat to them. Truth is, most people don't care, doctors, preachers or not and the ones who do care, usually have their hands tied as to any assistance due to somebody's policies or heartlessness. You must be stronger in yourself. And don't let other's apathy dictate your outlook on life. You will always be subjected to that. There are those who care and want to help. Keeping trying to find them.

taketwo
Rating
get out and get life you silly girl

comuter1_0_1
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

trolleydolley
I think you should go to see a doctor. I'm not calling you mad and I know there is a stigma when it comes to mental illness, but it sounds that you may have some sort of imbalance to me. Get it checked out. x

Timberhawk Man
Rating
No it is not please get some help through counseling.

snowwhite
well i suffer from depression and i have good days but still feel like this but I'm ill if your not on any medication you must see a Dr talk this over with him you shouldn't be feeling how your feeling

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy