Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is cutting yourself really that bad???
ive been doing it for 5 years now...and i dont see the harm in ...

I have a very strange, kind of sick secret. is this realy a bad thing?
I have been thin all my life. I am very attractive. But then I had kids and put on a lot of wieght. I am fat and unattractive now. But here is the wierd sick thing. I secretly like being fat. sure I ...

I am ready to kill myself?
i constantly get made fun of. i get called fat i get called ugly and i don't even know what happy really is anymore. people call me fat to my face and i don't know what to say back. my &...

If you punch an arm or leg hard enough, could it break?
Or would it just leave a bad bruise?...

What do you miss about your childhood?
I miss all my legos......

What's the secret of happiness?
Serious answers please - I have suffered on and off with depression all my life, and never seem to able to enjoy my life and be happy with what I've got. How does everyone else manage it?...

I'm 19 and I still watch Telitubies.What is wrong with me?
I dont have children....

Why can't i stop skipping classes?
i just dont care about school anymore. i know when i dont go to class i'm going to get caught but i still do it. some times i just end up comming for one period. my mum knows i do it, and she ...

What or who made you laugh this week?

Additional Details
I love Extras with Ricky Gervais, he makes me laugh out ...

14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression ...

Have you ever had the kind of day where you want to stay inside the house and not face the world at all?

I Need to Die?
I tried ti kill myself months ago with out sucess. This time I plan to go to work on Monday and then when I finish work on monday stay in a B&B and then on tuesday I'm on a course and when I...

Your opinions on suicide?
Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Was it a real and failed attempt or a cry for help? And do you get p****d off with people who say it's selfish? (For those who dont know it is ...

Am i crazy?
i talk to myself. i dont do any thing bad. i'm depressed and hate life. i've had eating disorders. i cant trust any one. thats why i'm asking you, cause you dont know who i really am....

I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details

Suicide methods?
Can someone please tell me the quickest way to do this - have tried cutting my wrists but I can seem to cut deep enough - please dont try to talk me out of it I've had enough i want to go - ...

Is it illegal to commit suicide?

What do you do when your mad?

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

victoria36
Is it me or is life really hard.?
im 36 now and unfortunately im divorced and now without my home. I never thought it would be this hard financially, i get days when i feel so scared and alone. I dont have kiddies so im not tied down but i find life overwhelming sometimes and wandered how im going to get back there again. Theres always something to pay. I dont like to moan or be down, i really dont but i find my usual spark has got less and less.

susieblake2002
No, you're not alone in thinking life is hard, I feel like that and I often wonder what it feels like to be really happy because you have everything in life that you want/need.

Sometimes it's good to have a moan, gets it out of the system and at least you're aware of what makes you sad/down/scared, that's the first step to dealing with it.

There are some good online groups where people are going through similar stuff. Enter the Blue Room is a good one (link below).

muffett1
yes there is always an other obstacle to jump in our adult life's
however things do get better so hang in there...
you will be back in the swing & looking back at these days & thanking God that you got over it.....................

sadflower
yes,life is tough,and you cannot take it easy all the time.you are one of millions,you are not alone in the boat ,we are all with you.mind you,only mature and sensitive people realize the difficulty of life.it is healthy to put things in their proper place,life is endless responsibilities,and this can never be ignored .the days of happiness are rare,while those of pain and suffering are endless. wish you all the best,you are such a wise,mature, and a great person.

mesun1408
Rating
stick with it dude

~Mz_Nurse~
Rating
Life will always have it's moements .It is what you make it out to be. Wake up each morning and tell yourself , "I am going to have a great day." It works. Maybe a prayer before ya get outta bed will help too.

tahiticat
Rating
Make a budget & STICK to it. Read "A Road Less Traveled". First sentence "Life is difficult". Your feelings are same as many many.

starrplayer1331
Rating
Some things r hard in life but not all u just got to make the best of it

recovering christian
Rating
we're currently in an economic recession spirling into another depression... thank bush

prince charming
Rating
It's just u and everyone . Don't take it too seriously. Have fun and Wrong no one. Help others too if u like.

latina311204
Rating
I often feel overwhelmed too. Especially with the prices of gas and your daily living I completely understand. Try to find something that you enjoy doing and that my help. Remember you are not alone and we all have our moments and it won't last forever! Keep your head up!

lnglidewell
i hear you. i got married almost four years ago, when i was 18. when i was growing up, i never had to wonder if i was going to be fed, never worried because my clothes were not "designer", i got the new car at 18, my parents never had a bill that went unpaid. we went on nice vacations, like st louis, memphis, bahamas, six flags, universal studios, etc. my husband on the other hand, grew up where there were times that his parents wondered if they had enough food to feed the kids. they had times that got so tough they had to stay with others. now that im married, and i dont have mommy and daddy looking over my shoulder, protecting me, making sure i have car insurance, a credit card in case im out with my friends, and need gas...i dont have that now. its so much harder than i ever thought. but now, i have realized that although i know i was priveledged growing up, it has actually hurt me. i dont know how to deal with not having everything. my husband dont worry about it. i worry myself to death. he thinks we are living the good life, while i think we live in poverty! lol. we get in fights sometimes because im so stressed over bills, but he dont understand what the problem is. we do make enough for the bills, we just barely have money for extra after food and gas. im not used to this. im starting to understand the saying, " life isn't just a walk in the park." i never knew it was so hard. to top it off, i never had to do housework. i was told to, but nobody made me. my husband says i was treated like a princess. i now see that he is right. because of it, he is so much stronger than i am.

think of it like that, because of this, you will be so much stronger. when times get better, the smaller things will not seem as big as they did, before you had bad times. you will grow as a person because of your situation. you will now have more TRUE compassion for those less fortunate than you. good luck through your hard times, and try to look forward. and although some think....THANK GOD I HAVE NO KIDS to tie me down, i do have kids......and i think, THANK GOD I DO HAVE KIDS. lol. they give me light for my path. they help me through my tough times. if i didnt have them, im so weak about money stress, i would probably just kill myself. but i have kids, so i am FORCED to look forward. sometimes your situation is the way it is.....so you learn to appreciate what you DO have. everyone is different....so we all have our own situations to deal with, and they affect us all differently. look up! times will get better!

Valarie Z
Yes life is hard but you can let it not get you down.

silver scales
life is very tough at the present time i know what you mean but remember financial difficulty occurs to almost every one at some time look hard at what you really have and cherish and enjoy it as life is too short try a holiday or pamper yourself you can find cheap breaks online do something challenging itl bring your spark back hope you are ok soon

susan_shaw65
Rating
every one feels like you sometime in their lives its an inevertable part of life a pain yes, but you have to think positive i know its hard to do but you will get there just give it a little time i have a family and grandchildren, ive been divorced and i met someone els now but even i feel alone sometimes, why because were human hang in there,

mr.tuf3
Yeah, you're right, it is tough.

But only as tough as you allow it to be.

Still, look on the bright side, in a 100 years time who's gonna give a fcuk?

STUART J
Rating
Life is always hard. You need a change try something new go some where else

maggie
Rating
Life is hard, every day is another struggle for survival; for not quitting but keep going. Just hang on in there and wait for the better days to come. Don't forget that most of us are much like you. For me, it always helps to know that I'm not alone and that others are in the same state with me. Take care.

AJ
Life is hard.

octavio p
just be patient luck its on Ur way everything will work good for you ....I wish you the best

brandon
I am sorry that you have had a hard time, it is hard to be down but if iyou work at it every day it can get better. Always try and work through your problems and believe in yourself. When I hit the bottom I found Jesus, he was there for me and has been there for me ever since. Any hard times i may have are less hard and my good times are sweeter, it helps to know that He does have a plan, and even though we may not like it, he has a greater perspective.Good luck my friend.

sarah r
yes life is hard, I'm on disability pension and look after my parent of 96, had Dad until last year so had 2. 24/7 I love her to bits and I know what it is like to struggle, but you have your life in front of you, go live it, don't worry about having a moan, I have a feel sorry for me day and I wallow in it, then just get back into the swing again, don't be afraid, your a long time dead so go live life and enjoy.

?
Rating
Know that you aren't the only person that feels this way or has these problems. I know lots of people like you or worse. You have to keep your hopes high even when youve hit bottom. Keep going and don't stop trying. You may not feel like you are getting anywhere but lower but as long as you try you know you still have a chance to make things better. Don't get overwhelmed with all the bad stuff. The goods things are there even if you cant see them clearly.

Carl C
Rating
Victoria,

I think life really IS getting tougher. Certainly financially it is. The standard of living has been going down due to the war in Iraq and the baby boomers retiring and general financial issues worldwide. It's harder to get by and that is grating on our energy levels. Add that to a recent divorce (I just got one, too, but WITH a 2.5 year old child), and you have the makings of much lower energy.

What I try to do is excersize and eat right, and I stay 100% away from caffeine so that I can get a good night's sleep.

Best wishes to you in finding your optimal situation!

-Carl

Boo Boo
no it's not you because life is really hard

Mr. BIG
Rating
I hear ya, I quit my job and am losing everything and dont care i have no spark i'm dead now.I think its because i live alone and have no family. good luck to you.

Cindy G
you are not alone , I've been there too , pick yourself up and dusk off and be a fighter , say alot of prayers and it will get better. You need some good friends to do free stuff with , I go to the $1. movie and start enjoying life !!!!! It's what we make it , ever hear of that ?? Good luck to you !!!

cath12348
Rating
Sounds to me like you are suffering from depression. It is very common after a significant life change such as yours. If I were you, I'd find a good therapist and perhaps consider an antidepressant, at least for awhile. Just because a person is depressed, and you certainly have plenty of reason to be, does not mean they will always feel that way or that they will always have to be in therapy or take medication. Sometimes just having someone to talk with helps more than anything else. Give it a shot.

girlqueen
Life is hard,it's not just you.Just remeber that life is a cycle,a circle.Good times will come and go,just as bad times will.When things are good rejoice that the circle is working in your favor,when they get bad rejoice in knowing that they will get good again.No one can live a life where only good things happen,just as no one can live a life filled with bad.For everything there is a season.:Your life is not exempt.

lalaland...123
God doesn't give us crosses that we cannot carry. it's not that life is hard -- it's how you handle it.
every person has their own stories to tell -- of course there are some people whose lives are much easier than us, but there are some whose lives are a lot harder. I have my own stories to tell, but whenever i feel down like you do -- i remind myself of children who die of hunger, children who have never even touched the computer, they don't even know what yahoo!answers is! children who don't go to school. children who are abused. there are more people who are less fortunate than us out there. be happy with what you have, instead of longing for things that you don't have.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy