Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How can I protect terminally ill man from his money grabbing manipulative daughter?
She is keeping him in a nursing home a long way from the rest of his family & friends +given him absolutely nothing 2 occupy his time, no magazines, no books, she wont give him his laptop + even ...

What do u do if u think a friend is going to commit suicide?
my friend is 14 and she has experienced so much in her life.she watched her dad die, her uncle,and now her 4 year old cousin who she loves so much has cancer and tumors.she told me she doesn't ...

Im a cutter and i like it, so why do other people care soo much? its my body, its not like im cutting them.?

Is it true that taller than average people are less intelligent ?
Or being red haired, blond, brunette, does such features have enything to do with ones intelligence!...

How do i know what kind of personal disorder my girlfriend has?

Additional Details
I have been with my girlfriend for about 15 months now and last weekend I had to call the Cops. Not to arrest her but to help her understand that when in a dispuite, Y...

Cutting...?
i have been cutting myself now for a couple of months. i cut my wrists and my hips. i know a lot of people who cut themselves, but im just wondering how many people you know that cut themselves. i ...

I have VERY werid dreams...................... you.?????????
i had a dream my crush died, my sister was pregnant, and i got the best eyeshadow in the world.......

I kinda hav really low self-esteem and confidence, how do i boost that?
thruout my whole life i hav been put down by the ppl around me includin teachers, regarding my race, my age, or just random stuff. this has really killed my self-esteem. i am only 16 years old yet i ...

Is it sad to feel alone I'm going through some turmoil right now with my daughter and i feel totally alone
i'm a single mum with no partner to give me emotional support..My daughter is refusing to come home for the third night running all because i wouldn't let her go on the computer as a ...

Who cares?
What do you really care about?...

Is it nomal for a 20 year old male to have never had or want a girlfriend?
I am not gay, I Been told it is unhealty by so many people. I was ...

Help me find an answer?
any one know of a really effective way of stopping anziaty????
HELP!!...

Is schizophrenia Inherited?
I am starting to wonder about this?...

Why has suicide rates increased in women?
and what can friends really do to stop it, apart from just talking?
informative answer needed for a female friend- won't attened councilin......

Is crying once a week not normal?
i cry a lot especially when i get dissapointed and lonely.am i depressed?
i feel like theres no hope for me.that things will get better.but overall i seem like a confident person.

Are you crazy?

What is the best treatment and prevention of depression other than taking anti-depressants?

Do i have a mental health problem ? please?
I am rather hypo and have mood swings :P , im funny even tho im not !I had an obsession with adding "left leg" to every conversation! i also make up words very very quickly snd obsess alot ...

What is something that you can't stand, but everyone else thinks is normal?
Like a pet peeve or something....

How seriously dangerous is this?
A friend has just told me they had a mixture of about 8 paracetomol 4 co-drydamol 4 anadin extra 3 ibuprofen 4 glasses of wine taken yesterday about 5:00 and says they feel fine today, is this ...

Darth Drahcir
Is it bad if you don't remember dreams?
Is there something I can do to help myself remember? i usually have a fan on in my room, should I keep it off?

loudpurplehair
Rating
No, you dream around 7 times a night. Very few are actually remembered. This is because you dream in the REM (rapid eye movement) stage of your sleep (there are many different stages of conciousness to sleep). If you wake during the REM stage you are most likely to remember the dream. I dont know if the fan would have anything to do with it, but anything in a room can have an effect on your sub-concious. I tend to have bad dreams when my room's a mess.

Elizabeth A
Rating
i heard that if you dont remember your dreams that means you had a bad night sleep, like, tossing and turning, or you couldnt stay asleep!

Sylvia P
I don't know why sometimes we remember and sometimes we don't. I have sleep Apnea and just until recently didn't even have REM sleep, so didn't dream at all. Not good. I was told by a counselor to keep a journal next to your bed and write it down as soon as you awake, whatever you remember. Otherwise, don't worry if you don't remember. Worry makes everything harder to remember, Maybe it'll come to you later in the day. And if you don't remember at all that's ok too. Fan off or on, experiment to see if there's a difference.

shoobydoowop
there is nothing wrong with that. the reason that you have dreams in the first place is so that your brain can sort out the problems in your unconscious mind so that you will be bale to solve them. Some people are not even aware that they dream. We have like 90 dreams every night during REM sleep. most of them we dont remember.

blousley
If its not a good dream you probably wont remember it. I never remember my dreams been that way for at least 6 or 7 yrs. It doesn't effect me at all.

jennifer w
Rating
It might not be possible for you to even know your dreams because people don't always dream. Some people dream more than others, I happen to dream a lot and I dream really strange things which I really can't come to explain, even to myself.

When you dream it is essentially your conscious telling you what you normally don't notice. You may dream someone like you, it means you like them. That sort of thing. Dreams are all about you. The reason you may not be dreaming is because you are not open to yourself as a person. People who are confused as to who they are often don't dream. People also shut out themselves and this can also happen then too.

Dreaming is a reflection of things that you don't normally pick up on, maybe your just too observant, just joking.
Dreams can also just reflect your day or your worries not just what you miss but we all know that.

The area around you shouldn't keep you away from dreaming, but if you are not comfortable in your environment it is possible that it may keep you from dreaming.
If you suffer from childhood problems or situations that are traumatic it can also cause you not to dream. If you wake up scared then it may be a night terror. Unlike nightmares you do not remember why you are scared, you only know that you are.

Good luck on your dreams!!

q6656303
Rating
no

Alex
I heard that you every morning when you wake up, you should write it down on a notebook.

mary
TURN THE FAN OFF.

ANYTHING THAT AGITATES YOU OR DISTRACTS YOU STAY AWAY FROM.

The Original Poison girl
if you NEVER remember dreams, even when you have just woken up, it could be an indicator of stress or depression. although if you don't feel stressed or depressed you have nothing to worry about.

eldo_kim
Rating
the forgettin part is normal. but u shouldn't have a fan turned on in ur room while u sleep. it's dangerous and a hazard to ur breathin system.

discowu
Well, it's kind of unusual if you don't remember dreaming at all. But if you just tend to forget what you dreamed about a minute or so after you wake up, that's normal. If you would like to remember your dream later, try writing it down or talking about it into a tape recorder.

bella36
Rating
nothing wrong at all...it totally depends at what stage of the sleep cycle you're having the dream

Elaine P
Rating
I read someone in a book on dreams where the author said, "maybe we're not supposed to remember our dreams." Our dreams are an expression of our subconscious mind, which we can't access while we're awake. So it's neither good nor bad if you don't remember. There is something called "lucid dreaming." It's too long to explain here, so type it into your search bar and do a web search. You'll be amazed at what you'll find. If you can do "lucid dreaming," you may be able not only to remember, but to control your dreams. Good luck.

KATiE, BABYY :]
Rating
no fans don't bother anything. i very rarely remember mine. but its not bad.

tweet48
Rating
No, fans have no effect.
Actually its pretty normal that you forget your dreams. Its only once in a while you will remember.
I remember certain dreams of mine but most of them are forgotten.

yasmin
Rating
it is good that you don't remember your dreams . dreams are supposed to be imaginations created by your mind to keep your brain awake. they are not supposed to be remember. most of people do not remember their dreams.

Heather
Most people don't remember dreams. There isn't really a good way to remember them aside from waking yourself up during the dream, but I don't recommend it.

Leigh
Rating
Dreams are a collaboration of your day and what you were thinking of just before you went to sleep. No, it is not a terrible thing that you can't remember your dreams. If you want to then don't try. They will come back to you. Often times my mood directly relates to my dreams. If I'm happy, I had a pretty good dream last night. If I'm cranky, a not so good dream. And so on and so fourth...

jellybeanchick
Most people do not remember dreams. The best way to remember them is to write them down as soon as you wake up. If you keep a "dream diary" like this, you will start to remember more and more of your dreams. The fan doesn't matter, keep it on if it helps you sleep.

carlyray
According to Craig Hamilton-Parker, author of Fantasy Dreaming, many humans find certain dreams extremely difficult to recall. Researchers refer to these types of dreams as "no content dream reports." It is thought that such dreams are characterized by relatively little affect. Factors such as salience, arousal and interference play a role in dream recall and dream recall failure. According to Henry Reed, author of Dream Medicine, a useful technique to improve dream recall is to keep a dream journal. it is also suggested that one must lie perfectly still upon awaking from a dream, not letting concerns of the day occupy the mind. It is quite common to not remember much of what has just been dreamed, but with sufficient concentration, the entire dream may be recalled.

So, it is definately completely normal not to remember most of your dreams. And, most of them don't really mean anything anyway.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy