Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What would happen if two bipolar people had children?
What are the odds?
Additional Details
My son is bipolar with manic tendencies. While he was institutionalized, he met a really nice ...

Please help me 10 points, whats wrong with me!?
okay, i am so self concious i think it's scary.
im in a store and i buy something really really nice, i take it home and always find something thats horrible about my self and never wear it....

I am angry all the time. What can help?
Every thought is angry. Everything my wife and kids do seems to anger me. I want the anger to stop. I honestly feel like I am ready to explode. Will taking medicine help?...

What's your best excuse for your cuts?
If someone sees your cuts, what do you say? Like, my current cover story (which is kind of lame) is that I was sitting in chem and I broke some glass (this part is true), and then I got curious to ...

How Can I Get Myself To Get Out Of Bed?
Okay, EVERY night I tell myself, ''I'm getting up earlier tomorrow'' And I'll go to bed ''early'' (12:30) and then STILL get up at 1 in the afternoon ...

Is it wrong to hit mentally challenged children?

Suicidal thoughts...?
the past few days I have been insanely depressed. I usually cry before I go to sleep and usually for no reason. I just keep focusing on the bad parts of everything. This has happened a lot when I was ...

I don't known what to do...?
My friend is in the hospital for cutting himself and it's all my fault. He has a history of doing things like this. I stopped him from doing it before but I couldn't stop him this time and ...

Will every one who belives pray for me?
depressed and running ...

When i pee its always really dark in coulour and has a strong odour .help?

How many Americans are born dumb?

Aside from the armpit,what other body parts do we use the thermometer in finding the temperature of our body p

How do I know that this is real? I could ask a question and its just a super computer answering me?
Prove to me that you are real before I go into a paranoid haze of destruction around the local ...

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

CoCoKauai
Is it OK for a 31 year old guy to still live at home with his parents?
Do you think it is OK / NORMAL for a 31 year old man to still live at home with his parents and stay in the same room he grew up in
accross the hall from his parents.
Assuming the guy makes good money, has plenty in savings, is physically healthy, and has had the same stable job for 10 years.
The Parents can take care of themselves also. Please explain {why or why not} you think this is/isn't normal.
Additional Details
Ok...I'm female..and have lived on my own since I was in college. I obivously do not agree with the situation. I think it so unhealthy and pure WEIRD. Seems like most people agree. So I would like to know WHAT COULD BE A POSSIBLE MOTIVE FOR HIM LIVING THERE? I think it could be explained as a "person who is too afraid to take care of themself and responsibility."

Valerie
Rating
its o.k 4 him 2 but its NOT NORMAL

It's MEEEE!!!!
no it is normal it should grow up and move on

osraybel@sbcglobal.net
Ask yourself are you happy saying there with your parents if u r, say wtih your parents

jdhayman
Rating
I had a guy that worked for me once that was pretty much in the exact situation as this person you expalined. He was just a little odd, not real odd...just a little. I think it is okay but not normal. My dad is my best friend for the most part. However if I lived with him thinking I would loose my mind.

Hannah Radar
I wish any of my children would have stayed longer. It's fine if a man cares to live with his parents at 31 or any age. Particularly if both he and they are self-supporting. It could be out of love, or in order to save money. In either case, there's nothing wrong with it.

I knew a girl who moved out when she was 17. She went back and lived with her parents again at 29. It's her home--even if she was gone for 12 years.

larry m
Rating
its time you got on with your life and let your parents have a life .

pingin_69
Rating
I just don't think you can label someone "unnormal" becasue they live with their parents....

Some ppl enjoy the security of living at home. With loving parents and a good home, it makes the choice pretty easy for some ppl to stay @ home...

Personally i moved out @ 23, but that's me, and some ppl just don't need too, they've got it too good, so why move...

celticwoman777
Although most people do choose to live on their own once they reach adulthood I don't see anything really strange in his situation. You don't describe him as a mama's boy or antisocial. It's certainly possible he's never truly grown up. It could be that he cannot cut the apron strings. Is he someone you are interested in? If so, is this a deal breaker for you? If you are not interested in him, why does it bother you so much? If it works for him and his parents, what business is it of yours?

hkfilmfan
Rating
No! Can you spell loser with a capitol "L"? He needs to grow up and get out on his own!

Meowmixtape
Leave me alone, stop trying to control me woman!! just kidding, I think the question is why does he like living at his parents house or how come he doesn't want to move out. Who is this guy to you?

Earl E. Morningwood
I guess he is in no hurry to get trapped by a nosey chick. Looking to change him and spend his money :D

ddt
It's not normal but he probably has a fat wad of cash in his pocket and lots of Benjamin's in the bank! They must be a very close family. If keeps doing it, he could be well off in his forties and fifties, and then, all that living at home would have really paid off.

J-Bird
Loser.

will
Rating
Its normal because he has a choice. He chooses to stay with his parents and they don't mind. Its abnormal because society says once you're 18 you have to leave home and go screw up your life and end up on the 6 o clock news in a remote growth of weeds or on Oprah. Obviously, if he's doing fine financially, physically and otherwise then wow, sounds like a happy guy to me. To each his own.

100% Chance of Pain
No....this is not normal....It is really sad in fact.

DAVEG_10
Rating
Nope.
He should have been gone years ago.

poohu812many
No, absolutely not. At his age, he should want to have some privacy and independence from his parents. I have no problem with someone helping his parents, even if they don't need help, but living with them? That's just ridiculous. I know because I dated a dude OLDER THAN THAT who still lived at home. Even some of his siblings - his older brother in particular - thought he was weird.

Judas Rabbi
Rating
No it's not. Get a life, job and apartment for yourself.

van
Rating
I think it is odd that he wants to stay under his parents wings. It is kind of sad really. I work with a few people who are the same way. I would want to ask him what keeps him at home. I would want to know why he never married. The parents need to cut the cord also. It is time for the little birdie to be shoved out of the nest. What happens when they die? Where will he be then?

nemraC
UH yeah, for a LOSER

nehalpatel1996
nope hes gay and a failure

Miso Soup
Rating
I don't, someone that age should've moved out when they were 19 or something.

beruto
I do not see anything wrong with that kind of set-up. For all we know, maybe they have very close family ties. As far as I know, amreican laws permit 18 year olds to leave home and start on their own but its really all a matter of choice. Some people may think it is not normal maybe because if they were in that situation, they would do the opposite..... because they want independence or freedom from being told what to do or hate the idea having parents sticking their noses at the things they do.

It is not at all abnormal. It becomes abnormal if at that age, the guy still has no work and is still dependent of the the provisions of his parents...... There is nothing at all wrong about staying with your own parents for the rest of your life if there is nothing harmful in the parent-son relationship. People with close family ties according to statistics do better in life and live happy and fulfilled lives.

thedavecorp
Rating
It's not normal, no. You're like FAILURE TO LAUNCH or something.

But it's not exactly ABnormal either. It's becoming more and more common unfortunately. But that's usually just for people who can't make it on their own yet. You should really be on your own.

Carlee
OK, well really, why not? If it makes him happy why can't he stay there? You might say looser, but I think it would depend on his character to decide that. Personally I really want to get on my own, but maybe he has a good relationship with his parents. And no rent! Anyways, all up to character. If he deals well with life (joking, going out, whatever) he is fine.

MED_SCHOOL
Rating
MOVE OUT!! Get a home, get a wife, get some kids, get a LIFE!!

ღ� Queen B �ღ
Rating
Uh no, I agree with the first answer

parshooter
He is probably gay. He just won't admit it.

tammy
no no and naw!!!! are you crazy!

Gary
Rating
Chances are there is something keeping him there. Perhaps his father tends to be abusive toward his mother and he stays at home to referree?

Probably something like that.

Otherwise, if it's just because...you're dealing with a mama's boy. Run!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy