Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I Need to Die?
I tried ti kill myself months ago with out sucess. This time I plan to go to work on Monday and then when I finish work on monday stay in a B&B and then on tuesday I'm on a course and when I...

Your opinions on suicide?
Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Was it a real and failed attempt or a cry for help? And do you get p****d off with people who say it's selfish? (For those who dont know it is ...

Am i crazy?
i talk to myself. i dont do any thing bad. i'm depressed and hate life. i've had eating disorders. i cant trust any one. thats why i'm asking you, cause you dont know who i really am....

I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details

Suicide methods?
Can someone please tell me the quickest way to do this - have tried cutting my wrists but I can seem to cut deep enough - please dont try to talk me out of it I've had enough i want to go - ...

Is it illegal to commit suicide?

What do you do when your mad?

Have you got Alzeimer's - try this test - it's wicked!!?
Count the "F's" in the following text and let me know how many you got then I'll reveal the answer to you:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn'...

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

My New Girlfriend is an Alcoholic! What should I do?
I have just found out that my new girlfriend of only 5 months is an alcoholic. I had know idea until this weekend when I found her totally drunk, dilerious and injured. It scared me like nothing in ...

I feat that i am going to hell?
and there isnt anything i can do about it. ifeel that lots of stuff that goes on around me is making my afterlife that much more horrible. is there a name for this kind of thinking? what can be ...

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

little_bit_naughty
Is cutting yourself really that bad???
ive been doing it for 5 years now...and i dont see the harm in it

jim
YES!!!!! IF you don't think it's bad, it just shows that you need help that much more.

its a girl! aka chan chan
Rating
Yes. Ermm.. That's not good if you've been cutting yourself on purpose...

tinamaries43
Its a mental illness. Any mental illnees needs treated. Your clue to having mental illness, is I can't see any harm, or what i'm doing wrong. Most people with an illness, mental, drugs, alcoholism, etc, don't see anythings wrong with them.

liyah's mommy
Rating
Look, it is a growing prolem with today's youth...girls especially it is a sign of deeper issues such as borderline personality disorder, or bipolar so you should really seek help with a doctor. Perhaps they can help you find better ways to deal. I think by asking this question you are reaching for help and if I can help you feel free to email me!

nedoglover
Yes cutting is BAD! By cutting yourself, your brain begins to relate emotional pain to physical pain. The reason most people, especially teenage girls, cut is that they have trouble dealing with emotional hardship. However, most want help stopping. By just asking this question, you are questioning your behavior. If you can realize this, you can get help. There are several programs that help you stop cutting. It is difficult but there are always people willing to help you. But there are people who will always be there to help you. The first step is up to you, but there are many people willing to help if you allow them to. Talk to someone who you trust and they will most likely find a way to help you and help you help yourself.

Greg S
Rating
Go get some help from a doctor, and if you can't afford a doctor, talk to your parents. If you don't have parents, talk to a friend. You need help and you don't have to face this alone.

B'zzz UP!
Rating
when you self-harm...there is already a problem right there...not only are you just cutting yourself...which can cause infections...and scarring but...emotionally and itellectually you are harmed....you need help... i done it for 3 years and finallty got the help i needed and no longer do it but still have the scars

kewlthump
Rating
no cutting you self is bad because you sould respect and treat your body like a temple,+ you can die suicide is never the answer

*Care Bear*
Rating
You obviously don't see it as being bad because you've been doing it for so long but for most of the population its a disturbing thing to do because its not natural to want to cut yourself.

I know you probably don't want to hear it but you should see a doctor or something because you could seriously hurt yourself one day.

?
Rating
whats the purpose of this , I do not understand why do you cut yourself , the only time I do it is by an accident at work , can you explain this too me , and yes it's that bad , one day you will do this and you will bleed to death ,

~beauty~
Rating
Yes.
You lose a lot of blood.
That kills.

Chanandler Bong
Rating
Popular culture would have me believe it is wrong yes. But seriously, that sh!t aint right. If you're serious (which I doubt) then get some help cos you's gona be dead in no time otherwise fool.

Amanda
Rating
what?!?! yes it is bad it means that you have issues that need to be resolved. and i'm sure the scars don't do any good for your self esteem either. go get help

hobby
Rating
Cutting is dangerous, digusting, and stupid.

Learn to deal with your problems in a productive way.. see a shrink or find a support group.

SCA4ever
Rating
uhh yea
u kno that u r tearing your skin tissue and hurting yourself
not to mention if u accidentally cut a vein...yea there goes your life

BuRn Di WiSdOm WeEd
Rating
u have issues-why are u cutting urself?/?

dramateen23
cutting urself as in suicide?
um...that means ur depressed and need help right away
and if not as in suicide, what do u do it for, pleasure?
im confused, u've been suicidally cutting urself 4 five years, why and has no one came to ur rescue?

Chiemi
Rating
Yes!!! Are you doing it because you feel bad?!!! I used to do it too when I was suffering from depresision and paranoia. I never had the realy courage to cut the vein but I would scratch myself with my nails or with a pencil in the bathroom. I know it doesn't seem serious but I've realized only now that it isn't the best way to solve your problems.

G
You need Help!

faye
Rating
Have you tried conselling, atalking to someone or maybe a support group.

Amanda P
yes, my friend did that to, i helped her to get over it. and now she doesn't do it anymore... because I told her on how it can be wrong and effective.

dukalink6000
Rating
It is the emotional harm and the feelings of low self-esteem

Miss Anthrope
Rating
Yes. Not the cutting itself, but the reason why you are doing it!!

janellyy .
Rating
Yes, it is harmful. Not only physically harmful, but also emotionally and psychologically. You are suffering inside, and obviously need help. Please seek help from a professional.

Nodor
Well it is not good!

You have issues that you need to deal with, and that is not a permenent solution.

billyboysblue
Of course it's bad for you, your body is not meant to be cut excessively....it's very harmful and dangerous and is a psychiatric disorder that needs to be put under control...can lead to possible suicide.

You are psyhically harming yourself, wake up that's not normal or healthy.

krazy kat
i don't see any good in it either

springchickens14
its really bad.. u do and OOPS and your gone hun

Elizabeth L
Rating
Ummm YES. STOP

Weatherman
You don't see the harm

The last time my ex-girlfriend cut herself I had to watch while the Dr put 25 stiches in her leg.

And you see no harm in it

kel
If you was walking down the street and saw somebody hitting there head against a brick wall, hard enough so that they started bleeding, you would think that something was seriously wrong with that person - and you would be correct.

Cutting yourself is the same, it is self harm that is bought on by stress and the inability to cope and manage problems in a regular way.

It causes ugly scarring but its main point is that it hides psychological scarring, that needs to be bought into the open so that you can maximise the enjoyment that life has to offer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy