Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I don't known what to do...?
My friend is in the hospital for cutting himself and it's all my fault. He has a history of doing things like this. I stopped him from doing it before but I couldn't stop him this time and ...

Will every one who belives pray for me?
depressed and running ...

When i pee its always really dark in coulour and has a strong odour .help?

How many Americans are born dumb?

Aside from the armpit,what other body parts do we use the thermometer in finding the temperature of our body p

How do I know that this is real? I could ask a question and its just a super computer answering me?
Prove to me that you are real before I go into a paranoid haze of destruction around the local ...

What makes you mad?

What do you do to shake off unpleasant thoughts?
I've been thinking about a situation that I cannot change and the thoughts are just going round and round my head making me feel sad.

As it's not anything that I can change, or ...

Wtf??????????
why are people so rude and bothered by people with body piercings..i have them i just want opions on why people are against them and bothered??..if you were a parent would you let your kids do this?.....

I cut myself. Again!?
Here's my previous question:
http://answers.yahoo.com
Yesterday i was ok. But then i spoke with ...

Is it wrong to feel happy all the time?
I know this sounds silly but my life has so much passion and meaning, sometimes I wonder if it's really meant to be as such. I look around me and see people that have so much pain and grief, but ...

I am going through a lot and Thinking of Suicide. What should I do?
My dad and I are argueing. My boyfriend and I are about to break up. My mom is starting to become Bulimic and My best friend hates me because she is in love with a guy that I wont hook her up with. I ...

Ugh! I feel like crying?
It's Sunday and,yet again,Im scared of going to school tomorrow. I have anxiety and being in a classroom makes it soooo much worse. Please give me some ways of not thinking about anxiety or ...

Is smoking weed bad for you?

I cry for no reason?
I guess I should say I get teary-eyed for no reason. I am extremely emotional and can get teary-eyed if someone says something nice or mean to me. I get teary-eyed at the smallest things, like in ...

Do u think they will put me in a mental hospital?
I'm only asking this because my mom mentioned it to me the other day. I had cut myself that night, have been doing it for a year, and she found out. She said, "Next time you do that, I'...

It`s my birthay tommorow???
i`ll be 27 but i still feel about 18!!! how old are you and how old do you feel??...

What do you do to de-stress?

What is the best way to cope with bipolar disorder?

Do you fear death?
do u fear death, no matter what it will happen so shouldd u actually fear it?...

Kayla F
Is anorexia the right thing?
I weigh 150 and im 5'7 and i kinda stopped eating 1 week ago... i still eat just like not much at all. i've tryed eating healthy and excersizing but its not working! so i wanna know if ill eventually be able to stop being anorexic after a whilee like when i get to the weight i wanna be at. and dont say OMG YOUR SOOO FAT. i know that already.

SunsetSoon
if you want your whole life to become about food and weight, to feel tired all the time, to lose interest in everything besides how you look, to lose your period and hair, grow body hair because there is no fat to keep you warm, faint a lot, and eventually die... then sure its the right thing...

♥tHe BlAcK pArAdE iS dEaD!♥
PLEASE DONT GO THAT ROUTE.
I was there, and it wasn't fun. i had to spend a month in a mental hospital and im STILL not normal.
my metabolism slowed down when i stopped eating, then when i did eat, i would gain weight quickly.
YOU AREN'T FAT. You ARE PERFECT.
if you feel fat, put on some lean muscle.
make sure you count your calories, and work out every day. it will work, trust me :)

dusk
no. anorexia is a psychological illness. you need to see a professional like a dietitian.

Pippin T
Rating
Anorexia is the wrong way to go. Very bad for your body, makes you weak. Your body wont have the energy to run off of. 150 is not that much, if you really want to lose weight then try enrolling in a gym or find a friend that you can exercise with. Exercising alone is very difficult cause it's easy to say "i'll do it later" or "i'll do it tomorrow" if you have a partner you can inspire each other to continue to exercise daily.

I had a friend that was anorexic once, when they stopped and tried to eat normal again, they couldn't. It made them sick because their body had been canabolizing itself for so long that it was rejecting normal food. Don't do that to yourself, anorexia is a very bad thing.

Ali M
Rating
You're not fat.I'm 150 and i'm only 5'2" soooooooooo...Pretty much,you'll always think you're fat if you do now.Keep eating healthy and exercising.It will work!If you REALLY don't think so,ask you're doctor for a diet plan for your body type and he'll tell you what do do that WILL work!

verystressed25
First things first - you are not fat!!

You are not anorexic either!! You just need to restart eating - start with juices and soups!!! that will help you come out of ur week long fast with out any side-effects!!

To look at the positive side, fasting is a very healthy thing - and now since u'r already in the healthy mode - why not have veg soups, juices and start being healthy ? :)

ZakkIZWylde
Rating
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bskr9Tb23MU

I hope this video helped.

Its not exactly the right way to go in my eyes, but you should still check out that video.

Hope this helps :)

Becca
Your not fat...but no one should stop eating, why don't you try eating better for, lean meats, veggies, and fuirt..smaller portions 3 to 6 times a day. Drink lots of water, dp you know that if you do that it makes your body burn fat faster. If you just cut down on your intake and not eat(like you are now) it will cause more more problems, your body slows down and when you start eating again it gains wieght faster.

Lily K
plz dnt call urself fat!!! i hate when ppl say that about themselves.. but anorexia is def. NOT the right thing to do. you could really mess up ur life like that.!!!! that the worst possible thing u can get into!

i ♥ John Mayer
Rating
lol you are not fat!

and that is ridiculous! you want to live a while or look good starving to death?

eat fool! there are people who weigh hundreds of pounds more than you!

and my mom is like that and im soo sick of that!

i understand low self esteem but i mean "oh i weigh 90 pounds.. im soo fat"
thats soooo annoying!

chrissy28
you should eat 5 canadian portioned heathy meals a day, and get as much exercise as you can. Try tomorrow to eat a bowl of cereal or poridge for breakfast, an apple or banana between breakfast and lunch a salad or some vegies for lunch, a glass of soy milk or a protein shake before lunch and dinner and a hearty soup, sushi, or a wrap for dinner eating 5 meals like this a day and getting at least an hour of exercise a day, whether it be running around the house cleaning going for a jog or dancing to music. You will get a hot little body before you know it. Extreme dieting will make your weight fluctuate so much you will look THIN and SICKLY when your not eating and then when you have to start eating again so you don't end up in the hospital youll gain more weight then before. Stick to my diet for a few weeks and I promise youll be happy with the results 5 small meals a day will speed up your matabolism

Cally
This sort of post really upsets me, and I cant add anything to what has already been said... except my mum was anorexic and bulimic for 20 years (since she was 28)..... she died 10 years ago at the age of 47!

She had Lupus (not caused by eating disorders, but certainly not helped by them). Had she been healthy she have been able to manage this disease and would still be alive today to see her grandchildren grow up.

She had no teeth of her own (rotted due to vomiting), she had no legs (vascular problems caused ulcers that could not heal due to lack of nutrients), she had brittle bones, her menstrual cycle had stopped 18 years before she died (caused by anorexia), she had liver and kidney problems, she suffered from severe depression and other mental issues. She regularly threatened suicide, and at one point was sectioned for her own safety, all due to eating disorders.
I basically spent my life watching my mother die in front of my eyes.....That's what anorexia brings you.

hopesclan
Rating
My experience with anorexia:

Cause heart failure at 26 yrs old.
Osteoporosis.
Hair damage/loss.
As a friend repellent.
Horrible heartburn.
Insomnia.
Constant panic, anxiety and paranoia.
Landed me in a hospital 7 times, visits lasting between 3 days (medical emergency) and over 3 months.
I had to be tube-fed.
I lost all ability to reason and think logically.
People took over my life and I wasn't allowed to make decisions.
And many, many other consequences...

I have been in 'recovery' from anorexia for about a year and a half. I am in constant fear of relapse. I still have to monitor my food, see my dietitian and therapist every week. My dream would be to eat normally without such constant paranoia. My team says it will hopefully become routine at some point, but it will never fully leave me.

It never starts as plan to loose enough weight to endanger your life. It's an addiction; it messes with your head. You start with wanting to loose a few pounds and then it snowballs. Basically, it takes over your life.

I should also add that even an individual of a healthy or slightly low weight can experience physical symptoms (protein deficiencies for one) that can be life-threatening. Most people don't realize that. Plus, as others have pointed our you ARE at a healthy weight.

SnazzyJazzy
Rating
What the heck? You aren't fat at all! I'm 4'11 (almost 5'0'') and 118.6. You're only about 30 lbs. more than me. But I guess it depends how old you are, too. I doubt you're fat. Anorexia is a disease, though. I watched on this one program that once people started being anorexic they couldn't stop. There were 14 year old girls that only weighed 60-70 lbs. That is VERY unhealthy! I don't want you to end up like that. You can /die/ from starving yourself. Maybe eating healthier/less and exercising often won't do anything right away, but you just have to keep doing it for a while. I'm sure you'll lose weight. I hope I have helped. Please don't be anorexic-it's not good to starve yourself! =(

rn
Rating
One: Your BMI is 23.5, that's good. Once It's over 25, then you have to worry.

Two: Anorexia and Bulimia aren't the answerers.

Three: If you really wanna lose weight then follow this (previous experience)

What do you eat most of? More meats? Then cut out meat for a month, cut your calorie intake by a quarter and go for 30-45 minute walks everyday for that entire month.

More Dairy: Only use milk and maybe some cheese (not a lot) use a cup and a half of milk a day and cut your calorie intake in a quarter, and walk 30-45 mins a day for a month.

Grains: Cut out grains for a month, and cut calorie intake in half (you get what I'm going with now, my hands ache to type it over and over again)

Veggies: just cut the intake in half and walk for the desired time mentioned above.

Which ever one you do, you'll see improvement. Trust me. Drink lots of fluids too and water especially.

wittle..x
you are not fat at all, dont go down that road its horrible and if you want kids then you better start eating cuz you might not be able to have kids if you get anorexic, at the end of the day its better to be fat becuase you can loose weight, if your skinny you look disgusting and ill

oxchantelleox
No way dont go anorexic i am only 15 but going through school they always talk about that and how bad it can be
i dont eat much and it causes me alot of problems so i wouldn't even try going anorexic
just eat healthy and excersice and wait for the result thats the best you can do

Lauren H
Rating
Woah.
Anorexia is a mental illness.
You cannot "catch" it, not can you ever fully recover form it.
Diet and exercise DO work, you need to put in the effort to get the results.
Diet and exercise will give you a strong, lean, healthy, attractive body.
Anorexia will give you brittle bones, a weak heart, diminished brain power, damaged organs, pale dry skin, your hair will fall out and you can die.

You are seriously in need of urgent help if you think anorexia is the "right thing"!!

FFS

Idiot

KristenKatastrophe
first off.. your not fat.
150 pounds for someone that is 5'7 is not bad.
the weight for a 5'7 girl should be around there.. sounds heavy, but because of your height.. you need more weight check your bmi, [ body mass index ] you should be pretty healthy.

CCF
Rating
Anorexia is never the right thing, get yourself some help - talk to someone.

outwardboundbackpacker
Rating
you shouldnt be that worried. if you just keep eating and do excersice. it take a little of while to wait until the excorsise kicks in and start to make you lose weight. you would have to walk at least 30 mminute a day.

i<3dcfc
no. dont go anorexic.. because even if you think youre overweight (which youre totally not even) you will be far more unhealthy by eating too little than eating too much. control your portion size, eat healthy, and excercise. but do not, whatever you do, go bulimic or anorexic. its less healthy for you than th state you are in now.

Rasputia
Rating
Hell no!
<--- Look at me, best body ever.
Forget the anorexic crap.
We got poor people starving in africa while rich girls starve to look like a model when they have food and money.

soda pop
Rating
if you stop eating and lose the weight, and then you start eating again you will gain all that weight back plus some.

txgirl
Rating
150 and 5'7 is not fat. Do not stop eating! It can mess your body up literally for your whole life. Being skinny is not everything it;s made out to be. Love yourself for who you are. Your body needs nutrients-dont seprive it of that. good luck

Is everything a Violation on Y!A
you will lose more muscle than you will lose fat by starving yourself, so when you start eating normally, you will gain it back twice is fast. So then you will go anorexic again and next thing you know, you will be a hideous looking boney woman

Erika K
Rating
you are not fat AT ALL... you are an absolutely healthy weight for your height.
Anorexia is never the right thing. ITs very unhealthy and can lead to long term health problems.

Jordan
Rating
well ur not fat, and the eating healthy and exircising, your probably not working to ur limit, but dont give up just because it isnt working

Jim
Rating
Anorexia is the wrong way to lose weight. Your body is being starved of the nutrients it needs. If you don't get the calories your body needs, you can actually gain some weight. Also, you won't have as much energy as you need to exercise.

The best thing to do is to eat a balanced diet. Studies have proved that people who eat a balanced diet actually get to their ideal weight faster, especially with exercise.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy